Rumor Report - New Marvel Legends Comic Based USAgent Coming In 2022

JayC

On 9/26/2021 at 8:37 AM, tarot said:

I say madame masque will be coming soon.maybe in the retro iron man wave?

That would be great! If there's another comic Avengers wave in the future, I'd rather a female villain spot go to somebody new, like Titania, Nebula, Diamondback, Deathbird,  Alkhema, Morgan Le Fay, Nekra or Black Swan. Although not technically new since she's already had a figure, I'd give Moonstone a pass in her original yellow suit with the helmet - I'd love to finish off Zemo's Under Siege team.

Assuming a retro Iron Man wave was the standard six figures with no BAF, figure that at least two of them will be Iron Man in different armors. Madame Masque and Whiplash/Blacklash would be very simple villains to add because they don't require new molds, just heads. This would probably be the best place to get a classic Mandarin figure too. Does the sixth spot go to another Iron Man variant or another villain? Personally, I'd love them to make a brand new Ant-Man since Scott Lang was a semi-regular supporting character in the Iron Man comics for a while.

On 9/26/2021 at 11:50 AM, Beamish said:

That would be great! If there's another comic Avengers wave in the future, I'd rather a female villain spot go to somebody new, like Titania, Nebula, Diamondback, Deathbird,  Alkhema, Morgan Le Fay, Nekra or Black Swan. Although not technically new since she's already had a figure, I'd give Moonstone a pass in her original yellow suit with the helmet - I'd love to finish off Zemo's Under Siege team.

I'm still a bit surprised this rumored Avengers wave only has one villain, which makes me pretty confident the BAF will be a bad guy. 

I would like to see most of the ladies on your list, though I have a feeling we'll see the MCU Titania before the comic version attached to whatever Disney+ wave includes She-Hulk. 

On 9/26/2021 at 8:57 AM, RyanDaly said:

I'm still a bit surprised this rumored Avengers wave only has one villain, which makes me pretty confident the BAF will be a bad guy. 

I would like to see most of the ladies on your list, though I have a feeling we'll see the MCU Titania before the comic version attached to whatever Disney+ wave includes She-Hulk. 

That's what I'm afraid of. If we get MCU Titania first, comic Titania might fall by the wayside like Skurge, M'Baku and Nebula. And comic Titania is a must to add to our Secret Wars cast.

On 9/26/2021 at 12:23 PM, Beamish said:

That's what I'm afraid of. If we get MCU Titania first, comic Titania might fall by the wayside like Skurge, M'Baku and Nebula. And comic Titania is a must to add to our Secret Wars cast.

Maybe. On the other hand, if the character is well-received and popular, it could expedite the comic version's release. John Walker's popularity exploded after The Falcon and the Winter Soldier; we heard increased chatter and demand for a comic book U.S.Agent and lo and behold! We're expecting his figure about one year later. I'm expecting a comic book Monica Rambeau some time next year for the same reason. If the D+ She-Hulk is good (and according to my totally anecdotal surveys, it's the most-anticipated new show coming next year), that could lead to more comic-based figures inspired by the show's popularity. We'll see. 

On 9/26/2021 at 9:33 AM, RyanDaly said:

Maybe. On the other hand, if the character is well-received and popular, it could expedite the comic version's release. John Walker's popularity exploded after The Falcon and the Winter Soldier; we heard increased chatter and demand for a comic book U.S.Agent and lo and behold! We're expecting his figure about one year later. I'm expecting a comic book Monica Rambeau some time next year for the same reason. If the D+ She-Hulk is good (and according to my totally anecdotal surveys, it's the most-anticipated new show coming next year), that could lead to more comic-based figures inspired by the show's popularity. We'll see. 

I hope so. And bring on comic Mantis as well.

On 9/26/2021 at 8:50 AM, Beamish said:

I hope so. And bring on comic Mantis as well.

I hope its classic Mantis. Love to see her on a pinless, buck, double elbows/bicep rotation but if not, at least give her the Wasp Infinite Series buck. The emerald green and yellow paint scheme they used for "vintage" Vision, and some very thin soft plastic fronds for that "grass skirt" thing she wore. They could do a really great job.

On 9/25/2021 at 3:45 PM, Legender said:

"...Happy to get a new Viper coz I sold my Ru Paul Viper from Zola Wave, was SO ugly!!"

Yeah, that was....well, let's just say its too bad they didn't her hair covering part of her face on that figure, the way she normally wears it in the comics. 

On 9/26/2021 at 7:33 PM, toycrypt said:

Quake..........and still no Avalanche. I'm an OT. I don't really know who Quake is but I'm assuming she is a female version of Avalanche with similar powers I'm guessing from the picture. So frustrating.....fans have been asking for Avalanche for over a decade. 

I feel like "a female version of Avalanche" is a misnomer. She does have seismic powers too, but Avalanche doesn't hold the trademark on them. Quake is one of the most important players of the modern history of S.H.I.E.L.D. (having even been director for a while), a member of the Secret Warriors, and has also been in the Avengers.

On 9/26/2021 at 11:33 PM, toycrypt said:

Quake..........and still no Avalanche. I'm an OT. I don't really know who Quake is but I'm assuming she is a female version of Avalanche with similar powers I'm guessing from the picture. So frustrating.....fans have been asking for Avalanche for over a decade. 

Quake has been around for over a decade now and was one of, if not the, main star of the Agents of SHIELD TV series. And her power are similar to Avalanche though.

But this is an Avengers wave, so Avalanche wouldn't be in it anyway. 

On 9/26/2021 at 11:55 PM, ADour said:

I feel like "a female version of Avalanche" is a misnomer. She does have seismic powers too, but Avalanche doesn't hold the trademark on them.

I have to agree with this. That's like saying we can't have fire based heroes because Jim Hammond is the fire based heroes. or Flying heroes because Super-man did it. While writers have come up with a few unique powers, most are just recycled or alter powers of previous heroes. it's hard to come up with brand new powers these days.

On 9/26/2021 at 6:14 PM, GarimusPrime said:

Meh. Quake is too generic-looking for my tastes. She looks exactly like Maria Hill, right down to the short hair. I'd much rather see a classic original costumed Ms. Marvel, with an alternate head for Karla.

I dont have any interest in Quake, for me was a character that Bendis was trying to impose, but I will be happy if she comes with an extra pair of arms/hands and Maria Hill extra head.

On 9/26/2021 at 7:34 PM, Legender said:

I dont have any interest in Quake, for me was a character that Bendis was trying to impose, but I will be happy if she comes with an extra pair of arms/hands and Maria Hill extra head.

Since they're already doing a SHIELD army builder two-pack, they should make a female version as well. Alternate heads for Sharon, Maria, Quake, etc., with alternate gauntlets for Quake. Don't waste a BAF wave spot on a generic character like that. It's a waste.

On 9/26/2021 at 7:38 PM, tarot said:

Thinking bout it, Quake is still a teen, maybe 20, in the comic. Wouldn't that mean she would be too small to Maria and her female SHIELD agents?

On 9/26/2021 at 8:10 PM, RyanDaly said:

Depends on how early Quake's body developed, and her first appearance was modeled after Angelina Jolie, so...  

daisy.thumb.jpg.e72e58ef9c816911a444abdd585b9845.jpg

We're good.

On 9/26/2021 at 5:33 PM, toycrypt said:

Toy Biz did a fantastic 6" Avalanche in their X-Men Classics Line. Last time I checked it was still very reasonable on ebay. It's what I use in my X-Men display and it works great!

Rare X-Men Avalanche Marvel Legends Action Figure 2006 ToyBiz 6” 1:12th  Scale | eBay

I'm sure that Hasbro will eventually do a more modern version, but I'm personally still in the camp where I'd prefer to see never before done characters (like Quake) rather than rehashing ones that have already been done again.

On 9/27/2021 at 3:37 AM, watanabefan said:

I'm more confused as to why someone would be upset about an Avengers related character being released in an Avengers wave rather than an unrelated X-Men character who just happens to have similar powers.

Happen all the time. "Why is this character being made when this hasn't?" 

People should like that a new character is being made.