Jump to content

Rumor Report - New Marvel Legends Comic Based USAgent Coming In 2022


JayC
 Share

Recommended Posts

Alright, now that we know (or think we know) the seven figures in this wave, these would be the versions of said characters that I would prefer.

U.S.Agent - I would not be surprised if he's repainted from an existing Captain America buck. I know that might piss off some people, but you might want to brace for that disappointment.

 spacer.png

 

 

 

 

Speedball - should probably be on the Pizza Spidey buck, but if he's a little bigger like the Sunfire buck, oh well, it won't kill me.

spacer.png

 

 

 

 

 

Blue Marvel - I've been trying to decide which version I'd most prefer and it's hard to choose. All of his looks are okay, but I don't know that any of them are great. I guess for the sake of uniqueness, I'd prefer the vest on his modern look over any of his caped costumes.

spacer.png

 

 

 

 

 

Iron Man - would prefer either the classic Golden Avenger or the post-Armor Wars Neo-classic upgrade

spacer.pngspacer.png

 

 

 

 

 

Thor - I would prefer the DeFalco/Frenz era Eric Masterson Thor, but I would also love to see the classic Thor Corps with Dargo and Beta Ray Bill. There aren't a ton of modern designs I like, but the Herald of Thunder look is interesting and I wouldn't mind adding him to my collection if that's the one in this wave.

spacer.pngspacer.png

 

 

 

 

 

Quake - I would've bet money that Maria Hill would be our gateway to female S.H.I.E.L.D. agent army builders, but if it's Quake instead, so be it. Dig her traditional look, but will they give her short hair as she first appeared, or make it longer to tie her closer to the actress from Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

spacer.png

 

 

 

 

 

Madame Hydra - classic all the way

spacer.png

 

 

 

 

 

 

Unless something terrible screws up what these figures look like, I can see myself buying this entire wave regardless of who the build-a-figure is, though I admit I'm curious. I also wonder which of these seven won't come with a BAF piece, assuming it's comprised of six components.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As for Blue Marvel I much prefer his caped appearance. 

I would love to see an armoured Thor!! 

Us agent needs to be on a much larger buck than 80th Cap. Your probably right about it being a repaint though. 

Iron man makes no difference to me. I have the 80th repaint and he's perfect to me. 

Viper/Madame Hydra is a great add to this lineup!! She has needed a redo since the original was released.

Quake...again not familiar with her but I assume she will have her SHIELD costume on. 

Speedball is a much needed New Warrior!!

2F74DB11-8A2C-4E47-A05F-38FAA881086E.jpg

Thor's_Battle_Armor.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/24/2021 at 5:27 PM, RyanDaly said:

Alright, now that we know (or think we know) the seven figures in this wave, these would be the versions of said characters that I would prefer.

U.S.Agent - I would not be surprised if he's repainted from an existing Captain America buck. I know that might piss off some people, but you might want to brace for that disappointment.

 spacer.png

 

 

 

 

 

Blue Marvel -

Iron Man - would prefer either the classic Golden Avenger

spacer.png

 

 

 

 

 

Thor - I would prefer the DeFalco/Frenz era Eric Masterson Thor

spacer.pngMadame Hydra - classic all the way

spacer.png

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Interesting list. I agree that they'd probably re-paint Cap for USAgent, maybe change the head a bit. Really want Blue Marvel's first appearance costume.  I think they'll hold off on Iron Man's golden suit for a strict Iron Man wave, but then we got Ultron in an Iron Man wave so...at any rate I'd like the Promethium or Iron Man NOW suit. They could always throw a curve ball and do both Ultimate Iron Man AND Ultimate Thor. But give me a bearded classic Thor and I'm happy. For Viper/Madame Hydra, as long as they put her on the correct buck, she should be perfect.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah, so far no interest in this wave at all. I’m good with 80th Thor and Shang-Chi wave Iron Man, no need for Blue Marvel, US Agent or Madame Hydra and I’d only get Quake if it were her MCU look, which it’s not. Really for an Avengers wave, there’s not much I’d want for a BAF either, aside from maybe a good comic Abomination. Glad I can skip this and the X-Men wave because there’s probably gonna be a ton of MCU and Spider-Man stuff next year. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Also, between this wave, the villain wave and the Iron Man wave, I’m  starting to get hopeful that they’re going to start splitting comic and MCU stuff into separate waves for next year. They did it with Eternals, though that may have just been because they wanted to get all of them out at once, and they didn’t do it with Spider-Man, but that’s probably because they couldn’t put a whole lot of movie characters in the first wave without spoiling the movie (I’d bet anything we’ll get an all-movie second NWH wave next year). Regardless, I’d love for them to start going in that direction, it saves me a lot of money and hassle. Plus for Thor and Doctor Strange, there’s going to be enough characters to probably do a full MCU wave for each movie. I wouldn’t be surprised if we see a comic Thor wave too. Likely not a full comic Doctor Strange wave, but I’ll bet comic Mordo will be in the next villains wave and probably others scattered in future Avengers waves.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Viper aka Madame Hyder in this wave! this makes me very happy, finally!, and Quake you say, damn amazing, okay this wave is sounding awesome, I am very stoked to get everyone except for Iron Man (well let;s see what Iron Man we get), I'll take another comic Thor though, we don't have enough of those, but yeah Speedball is a must get for New Warriors, US Agent and Blue Marvel (I hope it's his more current look with the vest, and I bet it is), I hope the Iron Man is something odd like Mark 18 or Destroyer or like Mark 48, 66 (Ice Armor), Endo Sym would be amazing, as for Thor I'm probably going to be the only person who says I'd be happy with seeing his Mid 90's crop top look.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thor: Simsonson Armored Thor OR Dargo Ktor OR Masterson Thor. I would take Beta Ray Bill too.

Iron Man: Only a buy for me if it's classic gold or gray. But they could surprise me, like Modular Iron Man.

USAgent: Buy if classic outfit

Blue Marvel: Never heard of him. I don't see myself buying any character whose first appearance is post 90s.

Speedball: Yes, if classic.

Madame Hydra: Probably.

Quake: See Blue Marvel.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/24/2021 at 5:07 PM, tarot said:

No. Even among just the Avengers, he is d-list at best. A-lister are character that are constantly in comics like Ultron, Kang, Red Skull, Baron Zemo, etc. Graviton is barely in the comics. Yes he is powerful but that doesn't make it a-list.

So, by that logic, only a half dozen characters are A-listers across all Marvel books. Hmm, interesting logic. An individual hero or team can and do have their own top A-list villains even if some are not Marvel wide A-listers, I'd call it a sub-set. Graviton is the Avengers Magneto in the world class, naw, in the galaxy class threat he represents. The guy literally can create black holes and has fought every version of the team several times as well as first appeared in the Avengers, in a string of powerful threats to the team Jim Shooter set up along with Korvac and a return from Ultron. He blew himself up in Iron Man ten or so years ago, but later appeared alive and well, stating he pulled himself "back together from atoms". All making him a top ten A-list Avengers villain. And I keep emphasizing 'AVENGERS' villain, not Marvel-wide. Count Nefaria is an A-list "AVENGERS' villain, Red Skull is not - a Marvel wide and Cap A-lister? Sure. The Grandmaster is an A-list 'AVENGERS' villain, Baron Zemo is not... he's even dead. That son of his Helmut Zemo? Not a chance. Maybe the Masters of Evil, as a group, could be considered an A-List "AVENGERS' villain, but he is not even in every iteration of that group, nor is he an A-list threat by himself. Immortus is an A-list 'AVENGERS' villain/antagonist and it has nothing to do with your definition and interpretation. Just your opinion trying to masquerade as fact. And your opinion doesn't count more than anyone elses. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/25/2021 at 1:24 AM, Ironspider428 said:

Also, between this wave, the villain wave and the Iron Man wave, I’m  starting to get hopeful that they’re going to start splitting comic and MCU stuff into separate waves for next year. They did it with Eternals, though that may have just been because they wanted to get all of them out at once, and they didn’t do it with Spider-Man, but that’s probably because they couldn’t put a whole lot of movie characters in the first wave without spoiling the movie (I’d bet anything we’ll get an all-movie second NWH wave next year). 

They also had two all-MCU Disney+ waves this year. I'm all for splitting the figures into MCU and comic book waves. It cuts down on the number of orphaned BAF pieces I end up with. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/25/2021 at 8:24 AM, Ironspider428 said:

Also, between this wave, the villain wave and the Iron Man wave, I’m  starting to get hopeful that they’re going to start splitting comic and MCU stuff into separate waves for next year. They did it with Eternals, though that may have just been because they wanted to get all of them out at once, and they didn’t do it with Spider-Man, but that’s probably because they couldn’t put a whole lot of movie characters in the first wave without spoiling the movie (I’d bet anything we’ll get an all-movie second NWH wave next year). Regardless, I’d love for them to start going in that direction, it saves me a lot of money and hassle. Plus for Thor and Doctor Strange, there’s going to be enough characters to probably do a full MCU wave for each movie. I wouldn’t be surprised if we see a comic Thor wave too. Likely not a full comic Doctor Strange wave, but I’ll bet comic Mordo will be in the next villains wave and probably others scattered in future Avengers waves.

Yeah they've done it a few times now and I too hope that they will only be releasing comic book figures only waves, as well as MCU figures only waves. I don't know if it's completely achievable though, cause like you said the movie waves can't always be full on movie waves, due to the risk of spoiling something from the movie. Hopefully they'll find a way 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/25/2021 at 5:13 AM, Jormungand said:

So, by that logic, only a half dozen characters are A-listers across all Marvel books. Hmm, interesting logic. An individual hero or team can and do have their own top A-list villains even if some are not Marvel wide A-listers, I'd call it a sub-set. Graviton is the Avengers Magneto in the world class, naw, in the galaxy class threat he represents. The guy literally can create black holes and has fought every version of the team several times as well as first appeared in the Avengers, in a string of powerful threats to the team Jim Shooter set up along with Korvac and a return from Ultron. He blew himself up in Iron Man ten or so years ago, but later appeared alive and well, stating he pulled himself "back together from atoms". All making him a top ten A-list Avengers villain. And I keep emphasizing 'AVENGERS' villain, not Marvel-wide. Count Nefaria is an A-list "AVENGERS' villain, Red Skull is not - a Marvel wide and Cap A-lister? Sure. The Grandmaster is an A-list 'AVENGERS' villain, Baron Zemo is not... he's even dead. That son of his Helmut Zemo? Not a chance. Maybe the Masters of Evil, as a group, could be considered an A-List "AVENGERS' villain, but he is not even in every iteration of that group, nor is he an A-list threat by himself. Immortus is an A-list 'AVENGERS' villain/antagonist and it has nothing to do with your definition and interpretation. Just your opinion trying to masquerade as fact. And your opinion doesn't count more than anyone elses. 

You’re just not using the term A-list in the same way as everyone else is. It has everything to do with popularity and name recognition, not power level. I agree with the notion of team-specific classifications, but power level is not part of the equation. Onslaught is probably one of the greatest threats the Avengers or X-Men have ever faced, but he’s a long way from being A-list.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/25/2021 at 2:30 PM, Benn said:

You’re just not using the term A-list in the same way as everyone else is. It has everything to do with popularity and name recognition, not power level. I agree with the notion of team-specific classifications, but power level is not part of the equation. Onslaught is probably one of the greatest threats the Avengers or X-Men have ever faced, but he’s a long way from being A-list.

What he seems to be using is treath level, which graviton is an omega treat. That is not really the same as an a-lister, which is determined by popularity and name recognition. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/25/2021 at 8:47 AM, JohnF said:

Yeah they've done it a few times now and I too hope that they will only be releasing comic book figures only waves, as well as MCU figures only waves. I don't know if it's completely achievable though, cause like you said the movie waves can't always be full on movie waves, due to the risk of spoiling something from the movie. Hopefully they'll find a way 

I don't think the Shang-Chi trailer with Wong and Abomination came out before the wave did, but a cool SC wave would have been Shang, Wenwu, Xialing, Death Dealer, Razor Fist and Wong, then Abomination BAF, keeping Katy as a Target exclusive. Then to save on costs, they could reuse Wong down the line for the Doctor Strange wave.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/25/2021 at 8:23 AM, RyanDaly said:

They also had two all-MCU Disney+ waves this year. I'm all for splitting the figures into MCU and comic book waves. It cuts down on the number of orphaned BAF pieces I end up with. 

Yeah, I usually end up selling the BAF pieces I don't need, or in the case of the Shang-Chi wave, I just bought all 6 figures and sold Civil Warrior and Mr. Hyde off. But it would be nice to be able to make complete displays out of waves like with Eternals and Disney+. Or even split up a wave between 2 movies if there aren't enough marketable characters, like they do with the D+ ones. I could see The Marvels and BP2 going that route.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/25/2021 at 1:23 PM, RyanDaly said:

They also had two all-MCU Disney+ waves this year. I'm all for splitting the figures into MCU and comic book waves. It cuts down on the number of orphaned BAF pieces I end up with. 

I have plenty of orphaned pieces, mostly due to cherry picking. Still I know a comic shop that takes them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/25/2021 at 12:24 AM, Ironspider428 said:

Also, between this wave, the villain wave and the Iron Man wave, I’m  starting to get hopeful that they’re going to start splitting comic and MCU stuff into separate waves for next year.

I'm right there hoping the same with you pal but I sincerely doubt it. Eternals was an anomaly. I think they just needed to get out all the obligatory characters and were a little on the iffy side if the movie would require an "emergency 2nd wave" like Black Panther. If the movie is a hit I think it will sell just fine, but it might be a gauge for them if they should do it that way or break it into multiple ways next time. Personally I plan to pass on the wave, even if the movie is good. I just don't like 'em, plain and simple. If the movie is great and the characters turn out to be reasonably well developed and interesting, none of that is gonna make them look any better on my shelf, especially with all the goofy expressions they put on the head sculpts. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm ecstatic about Quake being in the wave instead of Quicksilver. I've expressed several times that a good Quake or Maria could spawn a female SHIELD agent army builder. If they really wanted they could make the forearms exchangeable and include a few different head sculpts and do Quake, Maria, Yo-Yo, and Sharon Carter in one swoop. Of course, that figure would come without a BAF, but I don't think anyone would complain.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/25/2021 at 5:37 PM, monron999 said:

I'm ecstatic about Quake being in the wave instead of Quicksilver. I've expressed several times that a good Quake or Maria could spawn a female SHIELD agent army builder. If they really wanted they could make the forearms exchangeable and include a few different head sculpts and do Quake, Maria, Yo-Yo, and Sharon Carter in one swoop. Of course, that figure would come without a BAF, but I don't think anyone would complain.

I'm seeing this being done similarly to Nick Fury with a Quake head, a helmeted head to match the shield agent and another character someone like the Contessa. Naturally she would need interchangeable forearms which they have done already with Omega Sentinel.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...







Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!


Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE