Marvel Legends Excalibur Classic Captain Britain Revealed

JayC

Dan Who? Reviews has revealed a new Marvel Legends Excalibur Classic Captain Britain figure on his YouTube channel. Hasbro hasn't told him how or where the figure will be released but we will have to see if this is part of an Excalibur team boxset or perhaps an upcoming wave or even a stand-alone store exclusive.

The figure includes 2 headsculpts, extra hands and the Excalibur sword.

Classic-Captain-Britain3.jpg

Classic-Captain-Britain4.jpg

Classic-Captain-Britain5.jpg

Classic-Captain-Britain6.jpg

Classic-Captain-Britain7.jpg

Classic-Captain-Britain8.jpg

Classic-Captain-Britain9.jpg

Classic-Captain-Britain10.jpg

Classic-Captain-Britain11.jpg

Classic-Captain-Britain12.jpg

Classic-Captain-Britain13.jpg

Classic-Captain-Britain14.jpg

Classic-Captain-Britain15.jpg

Classic-Captain-Britain16.jpg

Classic-Captain-Britain17.jpg

Classic-Captain-Britain18.jpg

Classic-Captain-Britain19.jpg

Classic-Captain-Britain20.jpg

Classic-Captain-Britain21.jpg

Classic-Captain-Britain22.jpg

Classic-Captain-Britain23.jpg

Classic-Captain-Britain24.jpg

Classic-Captain-Britain25.jpg

Classic-Captain-Britain26.jpg

Classic-Captain-Britain27.jpg

Classic-Captain-Britain28.jpg

Classic-Captain-Britain29.jpg

Classic-Captain-Britain30.jpg

Classic-Captain-Britain31.jpg

Classic-Captain-Britain32.jpg

Classic-Captain-Britain33.jpg

That figure looks so good. I can’t wait for the Excalibur set. I hope we see it all tomorrow, but this makes me think they’re probably leaking it out one figure at a time through influencers, like they did with the Wolverine set. So, we’ll probably see a new figure per day through Sunday and then the set will go up for preorder Monday.

On 8/25/2021 at 11:20 AM, Benn said:

That figure looks so good. I can’t wait for the Excalibur set. I hope we see it all tomorrow, but this makes me think they’re probably leaking it out one figure at a time through influencers, like they did with the Wolverine set. So, we’ll probably see a new figure per day through Sunday and then the set will go up for preorder Monday.

For all we know this could be a stand alone store exclusive. The sword that made us all think team Excalibure goes to him and the fact we thought originally it was gonna be a team boxset was because of that Amazon listing that turned out to be the Wolverine 5-pack. Its certainly possible it could be a boxset but if you think about it there actually isnt anything other than wishful thinking to back that up anymore.

Just making my prediction now and this is purely a guess as I have no inside info on this one, but I am predicting it will be a Marvel Legends 2pk with Captain Britian and Megan that is released as a Target store exclusive.

If I really want to get hopeful maybe they throw in a blue suit Kitty Pride since they did show Lockheed with one the teases but more likely they will just throw in the same Lockheed we previously got as an accessory for Megan. I could see them doing a second two pack at some point with Kitty Pride and Rachel Summers to round out the team. We got two X-releated 2pks last year at Target so maybe we will get 2 this year as well.

Full team boxset just seems unlikely at this point because the two most likely avenues they would release such a set is either Amazon or a Pulse-Con exclusive. We already got the Amazon boxset with Wolveirne for this year and its def not a Pulse-Con exclusive.

And I think we will get the full reveal tomorrow during the live-stream for this since Dan said very very very soon in his video.

On 8/25/2021 at 7:28 AM, JayC said:

For all we know this could be a stand alone store exclusive. The sword that made us all think team Excalibure goes to him and the fact we thought originally it was gonna be a team boxset was because of that Amazon listing that turned out to be the Wolverine 5-pack. Its certainly possible it could be a boxset but if you think about it there actually isnt anything other than wishful thinking to back that up anymore.

Very good point.  Its another example of how people see/hear something, jump to a conclusion (and sometimes its a very plausible conclusion), then everyone runs with it as fact. At this point all we know is

1.) there's an Excalibur sword & 2.) there's a new Marvel Legends Captain Britain coming. 3.) that blonde head that was flashed at the Pulsecon back in May could've been  a prototype Meggan, head, but it hasn't been confirmed.

On 8/25/2021 at 11:59 AM, monron999 said:

Anyone got a bead on which buck that is? To me it looks like the Odinson buck, but I seem to remember it being pretty much the same height as the Hyperion buck.

Def looks like the Odinson buck. And its not much taller than the Hyperion buck. Nice that the first CB was using it so you can see the height difference. 

On 8/25/2021 at 12:45 PM, Jormungand said:

Looks great, and they are not using the Hyperion buc, which is a relief, that buc has always looks a little wonky in the chest.

Not just the Liefeld chest, the shoulders are incorrect, the calves on that mold are just way too big, etc etc. Proportions in general were just weird as all hell. 

On 8/25/2021 at 12:46 PM, Atlantis said:

Very good point.  Its another example of how people see/hear something, jump to a conclusion (and sometimes its a very plausible conclusion), then everyone runs with it as fact. 

I hate not multi quoting and bombarding with multiple seperate responses, but i cant edit my original post to incorporate them... but I wanted to respond to this with this is pretty much the world we live in in general today on the internet sadly. 

On 8/25/2021 at 8:59 AM, EvilHayato said:

I hate not multi quoting and bombarding with multiple seperate responses, but i cant edit my original post to incorporate them... but I wanted to respond to this with this is pretty much the world we live in in general today on the internet sadly. 

It is, and its a shame. Its one of the causes of such polarizing views and just spreads ignorance. When I was in college studying journalism we took a look at the dark days of this kind of thing (yellow journalism)....sadly we haven't learned from history because 100 years later, we're right back in it. I'd love to see it done away with, at least here on this forum.

Getting back to the "box set" and more specifically, Meggan....IF she's on the way I'm expecting the figure to be done correctly this time out. Alan Davis had a specific vision for the character and that's the way she was depicted, so that's what we should get. They got it right for Captain Britain, so there's no reason not to. 

On 8/25/2021 at 11:54 AM, EvilHayato said:

Def looks like the Odinson buck. And its not much taller than the Hyperion buck. Nice that the first CB was using it so you can see the height difference. 

Well, looking at pics online it does indeed look like the Odinson buck, which makes me happy cuz I've been pimpin' for that buck to replace the Hyperion buck for years. Most of the height difference is in the legs, which is gonna make some people very unhappy. One of the major complaints of the Hyperion buck, aside from the Liefield-esque chesticles, was that his lower leg (or calf) region was longer than his thighs as @EvilHayatostated earlier. On this figure it looks like they made the lower leg even longer to accommodate the new boots and maybe to give him a bit more height. It's a trick Mattel has been using for years with it's WWE figures in order to reuse torso bucks, and using leg parts of varying lengths to account for height differences. Not a bad idea and I'm really surprised it took ML so long to catch on. That being said, I don't think it looks bad at all. The sheer fact that they got rid of the 1930's barrel chested guy torso is a step in the right direction. Better than the first outing. I just hope this is a same kind of reveal process they used for the Wolverine set and this is indeed an Excalibur set. I predict Meggan will be the last reveal.

Oh man I like this, what an improvement over the other release, sadly looks like this might not be a figure in a excalibur box set, and maybe this will be in a 2 pack with Meggan since we already saw a tease of her, but still hoping for at least a new kitty to go with this guy and Meggan.

guess we find out more tomorrow

So this is how they're revealing Excalibur. Makes sense, it'll be interesting to see if this is how they reveal all the box sets in the future. I really only want Kitty from this set, so I guess I'll be selling off the rest. I would say it would be hilarious if that Excalibur tease was only Captain Britain with the sword, but Meggan's hair and Lockheed have also been shown, so that's a moot point.