Marvel Legends Excalibur Classic Captain Britain Revealed

JayC

On 8/25/2021 at 10:12 AM, Air-Walker said:

Cool man! Head looks a bit big though, and the lines in his face make him look a bit older than I'd expect. No biggie, still a long awaited for figure, and another big fat check off the bucket list! I just pray that if it's an exclusive, then it's home will be Amazon.

Awww dang, you would have to bring up that exclusive thing. I hadn't even considered it but yeah, we don't know if its gonna be for normal retail release or not yet. 

Along with the vibrant red color used, I'm glad they did NOT go with a sky blue wash on the white of the uniform. I have the old Toybiz CB (or should I say had the old version 'cause this makes that look very sad indeed), and a friend of mine swore I tried to clean the thing with Windex. Also glad they did his boots properly instead of cheaping out and just painting them on. They would've looked better in a glossy paint though. 

Im VERY excited for this figure and Meggan. It would be ok if it was a two pack as long as Rachel and Kitty are coming as well from somewhere.

I loved the original EXCALIBUR series and really enjoyed the Alan Davis artwork. 

My 90's x-shelf is almost complete. 

On 8/25/2021 at 12:46 PM, Atlantis said:

Very good point.  Its another example of how people see/hear something, jump to a conclusion (and sometimes its a very plausible conclusion), then everyone runs with it as fact. At this point all we know is

1.) there's an Excalibur sword & 2.) there's a new Marvel Legends Captain Britain coming. 3.) that blonde head that was flashed at the Pulsecon back in May could've been  a prototype Meggan, head, but it hasn't been confirmed.

I’m not running with anything as a fact, but there is still a lot of evidence to suggest this is a box-set. It all began with a Tweet from Dan Yun about Marvel sending the Legends team an Excalibur trade with the hope they’d get the hint. That was much later followed by the Excalibur sword tease, which was subsequently followed by the dual tease of almost-certainly-Meggan and certainly-Lockheed (who is, you know, always associated with Kitty; yes, I realize they’ve included pets and accessories in weird places before, but it’s still evidence). Finally, the only other time so far we’ve seen them employ this particular reveal tactic was for a five-figure set, and it certainly lends itself better to a reveal that includes three or more figures, since it would otherwise take forever to get through their whole stable of YouTube influencers. Nothing’s a sure thing, but I still believe the evidence all points to three to five figures coming together as a set. Amazon hasn’t revealed their three-pack for the year yet, have they? I admit I could just not be remembering it.

I hear ‘ya, though. I was very skeptical that Cannonball and Domino were a two-pack, despite several people stating it was “confirmed”. I believed we were likely to see Feral as a third figure, and it turned out to be Rictor, but I’m not making an assumption with Excalibur. I’m standing by a hypothesis, despite the setback of the most likely two avenues for a five-pack not panning out.

On 8/25/2021 at 12:19 PM, Psychosomatic said:

Looks like the Namor buck to me.

Need to get your eyes checked bubba. Namor buck is smaller and less buff.  Long overdue iconic version that I've been wanting since the TB version which was too small. Shame that instead of a gritted teeth or yelling head sculpt, they threw in a hardly asked for bearded version. 

Yes, this is the version of Captain Britain I think of when I hear his name. This is amazing. 

I really like when we get entire teams in a box set like Alpha Flight But I’ll be getting Cap Brit here whether he is single release or in a set. 

Is the bearded head still Brian Braddock? Don’t recall this look but it is sharp.

Has anyone considered that Cap here may be a single release but they might be planning a three pack with Meagan ( spelled wrong?), Rachel and Kitty? Since the only other member, Nightcrawler, has already been released? I mean, Guardian was a single, Sasquatch was BAF, and the rest were knocked out in a box set. Eh, could be cool way to get them out..

On 8/25/2021 at 9:46 PM, ADour said:

Yes. He debuted the bearded looking during Time Runs Out where he also lost an eye, but kept it for a few years even after regaining his full sight.

5256766-new_avengers_vol_3_30_textless.j

Looks even sharper on a comic panel. 

Be glad to add “Craft Beer Guy” Captain Britain to my collection 😂

On 8/25/2021 at 3:58 PM, Benn said:

"...I’m not running with anything as a fact, but there is still a lot of evidence to suggest this is a box-set.... yes, I realize they’ve included pets and accessories in weird places before, but it’s still evidence)...."

Nope, as @JayC said,  "Its certainly possible it could be a boxset but if you think about it there actually isnt anything other than wishful thinking to back that up anymore". Inclusion of pets and accessories in weird places, and the other things you mentioned, aren't evidence of a box set. If it turns out to be a box set, great. If it turns out to be a 2 pack, great. If it turns out to be single card back great, if it turns out to be the Excalibur team dispersed among another X-Men wave, great. I don't care, long as they're done correctly. 

On 8/25/2021 at 10:17 PM, Atlantis said:

Nope, as @JayC said,  "Its certainly possible it could be a boxset but if you think about it there actually isnt anything other than wishful thinking to back that up anymore". Inclusion of pets and accessories in weird places, and the other things you mentioned, aren't evidence of a box set. If it turns out to be a box set, great. If it turns out to be a 2 pack, great. If it turns out to be single card back great, if it turns out to be the Excalibur team dispersed among another X-Men wave, great. I don't care, long as they're done correctly. 

You can believe what you want. There is evidence. Evidence is not wishful thinking, and I personally don't care if it's a box set or something else entirely. Evidence suggests things, whether or not you choose to ignore it. Obviously, I don't know how this thing's being released, but I have a pretty good track record of paying attention to, and interpreting, the clues. In any event, we'll likely have a better sense of things at some point tomorrow.

Would've been nice to have an unmasked Brian Braddock head. That said, I didn't think I needed a Brian bearded head until I saw it. Looks great! I wonder if that Quasar head has the same peg as this figure.

I don't have a preference if this is a single-carded release, a 2-Pack, a 4-Pack or a 5-Pack as long as THAT team is coming.

If this just ends up being a single release of Captain Britain then I am canceling my X-Force 3 pack pre-order and I am done with Legends. I only been hanging in there because of the whole Excalibur teases. I am not going to buy one then wait two years then Meggan pops up, then wait another year and finally Rachel pops up. Those times are over for me. I am not starting new teams, either I get the full team or close to it or its a no go.

The X-Force 3 pack has been a debate inside my head for awhile. I have a kit bash Siren and replaced Feral with X-23 on my display shelf. Rictor would be nice to have but if I am not going to be able to somewhat complete Excalibur then I may say screw it to X-Force as well and stick to what I got. After the fiasco with GiJoe Classifieds, I am ready to walk away from this hobby. Been at this for ten years and about ready to call it quits.

On 8/27/2021 at 3:43 AM, Dodge76 said:

I am glad its at least a 3 pack. Grabbing this and the X-Force 3 pack and I maybe done with Legends.

What!!! Just in those 2 packs there are still so many left to go. What about Siryn and Feral? How bout Rachel Grey? I'll admit they are really close to that point where a lot of us 90's fans can bail, but I think they know that. They're gonna keep on strategically omit characters that we want to keep us hanging on for as long as they can.

I guess I just answered the question. Never mind.

On 8/27/2021 at 8:18 AM, monron999 said:

What!!! Just in those 2 packs there are still so many left to go. What about Siryn and Feral? How bout Rachel Grey? I'll admit they are really close to that point where a lot of us 90's fans can bail, but I think they know that. They're gonna keep on strategically omit characters that we want to keep us hanging on for as long as they can.

I guess I just answered the question. Never mind.

Lol, yeah you answered your own question. Its got to end some time.