Hasbro Live-Stream - Spider-Man Marvel Legends, Haslab Galactus And More

JayC

Morlun, YES, FINALLY! Not that it wasn't basically a given, but now that he's confirmed I feel like a major need in the Spidey collection is finally filled.  Plus Shriek looks great and that's another major need for Spider-Man's rogues.  Armadillo is a fun BAF choice, especially for his appearances in Yost's Scarlet Spider so he can work in a few different displays.  Kind of wish it would have been Stegron since a lot of the parts seem to be new sculpts.  

The troop builders are a nice idea but I would have liked to see especially the SHIELD agent as a two pack to get maybe a mix of larger and smaller SHIELD agents going.  Still going to grab a few of them.  The Skrull is cool, but not sure I'm going in on army building skrulls just yet.  

Excalibur pack is great, just hoping they've got the stock on Pulse to back up making it only available there.  

No surprise on Silver Surfer being the next unlock, but considering we probably won't see another tier at this late date it's a little disappointing that Hasbro isn't doing much to sweeten the pot for those that already have SS.  

Going to reserve judgement on the possible ToyBiz tribute wave, price and figure selection will of course be the telling factor in whether or not it's a winner.  Of course, it might also be a great wave to cherry pick if there's no BAF.  

On 8/26/2021 at 7:55 AM, JayC said:

I wasnt really expecting vac-metal either due to cost. This is a cheap figure for them to throw in which is probably why they only are requiring an additional 1k backers and not 2k. No interest for me but like I say for those who missed out on the Walgreens ones this will be nice and you can't have Galactus without Surfer.

I've  got a Cyborg from the old DC Kenner Super Powers line....he still looks great. But he doesnt get a lot of exposure so I suppose that helps

A few things here I like. I might grab that shield pack but most of the weapons suck so I'll put some neca weapons with them like I did my Sharon Carter. Think I'll get 3 skrulls to sort of represent the first 3 that became cows in FF. That Spidey wave is garbage but I'll probably grab armadillo on ebay someday. I would be a little interested in shriek but her head looks like glued on hair. Not feeling it at all. Eternals still look like a waste of plastic. 

On 8/26/2021 at 9:12 AM, nieman257 said:

I've been waiting for Morlun, and it did not disappoint. I'm loving that Shriek too. Armadillo was a pleasant surprise. Interesting that they didn't go 1 male/1 female for Shield Agents. And we still need Clay and a new Maria Hill. Megan has an excellent head sculpt.

I'm not that familiar with Morlun but he definitely can be used as a base for a Tomb of Dracula figure. Not that absurd, Fabio albino thing someone came up with (for whatever reason they must've loved the Coppola Dracula) , but the REAL, 70s, Gene Colan Dracula. Oh PLEASE let this happen in time for halloween!!

Great point about the SHIELD agents; I've always thought troop builders should come at least in pairs so thats a great step. I agree, too, they should have had a female agent.  For those of us that know the Steranko era of SHIELD, I'd do a series of 3 packs: one with Contessa and 2 agents, Gabe and 2 agents, Dum Dum and 2 agents. Some weapons and jetpacks would be nice too....

On 8/26/2021 at 12:50 PM, EvilHayato said:

Those round spots are her oblique muscles and they are in the kate bishop body mold torso as well. Hell this mold could be reusing that part also. 

If those are supposed to be obliques, I wish they'd improve the shape. They don't look particularly natural. Way too circular. I think they look a good deal better on the Kate Bishop body than on Shriek or Frankie.

Edit: they might look better on Shriek than Frankie. Bit hard to tell with the belt and the paint. I'll reserve judgement for now.

On 8/26/2021 at 2:11 PM, mako said:

I know they specifically said the SHIELD guys don't have a preorder date yet. I assume that holds for the Skrull as well, but I was still locked in on the SHIELD guys so I didn't really pay any attention after that.

You dont actually have to assume, its literately written out for you in the top of the thread. No pre-order date was given for anything other than the Spider-Man wave and the helmet which go up tomorrow at 1pm. While they didnt say the Eternals goes up on the first of Sept. Everything else announced today is unknown. Pulse-Con time seems like a good bet for Pulse stuff though.

On 8/26/2021 at 1:15 PM, HellspawnFan1172 said:

HUGE hype for a Toybiz tribute wave from me. I've always been a big fan of the Toybiz ml figures, I would love to see a tribute to where this line all started. 

The going theory is Hasbro will take their recent Walmart Cap, Hulk and Classic Iron Man figures make some slight modifications to them and re-release them with those stands and something that will fit in the back of the stand along with a new Toad figure re-creating the the first wave of Toy Biz figures. I want to stress the word theory as I've not seen anything credible at this time to back that up however it certainly sounds like something Hasbro would do. Find a way to essentially re-issue a bunch of figures and include 1 high demand new figure with them.

Whoa Armadillo BAF! would not have seen that coming, that Spider-Man wave, ugh guess I'm going to have to get the whole wave, I love that Shriek! finally and well told Y'all it was Morlun, the Miles is amesome, Some really good reveals today, stoked to see the SHIELD & Skrulls must get those, and that 3 Pack ! oh baby so stoked about that.

Cool wave overall. I would have liked more accessories with the Spiderman figures, but I'm sure they'll do one of these again in a future two pack or something. The BAF looks cool too and Miles is just amazing. I also like that we're getting the FFH suit again this time with an unmasked head, but still they didn;t bother painting the web lines, that feels kinda cheap.  

On 8/26/2021 at 11:53 AM, JohnF said:

Cool wave overall. I would have liked more accessories with the Spiderman figures, but I'm sure they'll do one of these again in a future two pack or something. The BAF looks cool too and Miles is just amazing. I also like that we're getting the FFH suit again this time with an unmasked head, but still they didn;t bother painting the web lines, that feels kinda cheap.  

As long as they killed the shine on that suit and maybe made it slightly darker, it should be fine. Personally, I've never liked the look of people adding the weblines, the MCU suits have really low-profile lines and they just end up too thick. I think they just did some grey wash for the Homecoming suit, maybe that would have been the way to go here?

I'm a bit disappointed the Silver Surfer isn't using that new pinless standard male body that Hasbro teased a while back. It would have been fun for them to premiere the two standard pinless molds at the same time with these two figures from the same set.

The Spider-Man wave looks pretty solid, but I find it annoying that Hasbro packed only one extra set of hands with those movie Spideys. Their boxes look so barred compared to the Gamerverse Miles. However, since I'm an Iron Man collector, the only figure I will be getting will be Jameson for a business casual Tony Stark. I'm happy he comes with two sets of hands, but I wish it included neutral hands. Maybe with some heat I can make those hands a bit less splayed.

As for the Walmart exclusive, I feel like Hasbro could have done better. It's literally almost just original figure from the Hydro-Man wave, but with the Infinity War 2-pack Peter Parker head and the webline they've reused time and time again. I said "almost" because I noticed it seems to have a new lower torso and crotch, and slightly different paint apps to account for the tweaks they did to the costume for the new movie. So Hasbro gets some points there. However, since modern Hasbro face sculpts make the hair a separate piece, I think they could at least have given him a better hairstyle than the Infinity War Prince Charming. I also would have liked to see painted or blackwashed weblines. At least I hope they use a matte plastic instead of the shiny plastic from the original release.

I never cared for Shadowcat but it looks like a nice figure. Meggan looks pretty good too- I was fearing the worse, because I'd pass on the whole thing otherwise. Captain Britain is the one I wanted most, but if they pair him with two figures I can't enjoy, then I wouldn't get the set. 

Okay. So Excalibur is (more or less) done.  Its now LONG overdue to complete the Inhumans, Guardians of the Galaxy, and get the Starjammers on board. 

On 8/26/2021 at 3:04 PM, Atlantis said:

I never cared for Shadowcat but it looks like a nice figure. Meggan looks pretty good too- I was fearing the worse, because I'd pass on the whole thing otherwise. Captain Britain is the one I wanted most, but if they pair him with two figures I can't enjoy, then I wouldn't get the set. 

Okay. So Excalibur is (more or less) done.  Its now LONG overdue to complete the Inhumans, Guardians of the Galaxy, and get the Starjammers on board. 

And Overdrive, the LAST of the Superior 6!

I’m sick of comic based figures being the BAF to MCU waves.  I’m fine with MCU figures but give them MCU BAFs.  If their sales are as strong as comic based figures then make straight MCU waves.  I have to buy six figures that I have zero interest in to get Armadillo just like I had to do with the Mr. Hyde BAF!  Make MCU waves with MCU BAFs and make comic waves with comic BAFs!

On 8/26/2021 at 1:38 PM, CAC said:

I’m sick of comic based figures being the BAF to MCU waves.  I’m fine with MCU figures but give them MCU BAFs.  If their sales are as strong as comic based figures then make straight MCU waves.  I have to buy six figures that I have zero interest in to get Armadillo just like I had to do with the Mr. Hyde BAF!  Make MCU waves with MCU BAFs and make comic waves with comic BAFs!

Dorkside always sells the BAF figures without the rest of the wave if you want to save yourself $60+.  They also sell loose figures at a discount if you don't want the BAF parts.  

Unrelated, I just read the "pulse exclusive" part for the Excalibur 3 pack.  Guess 90% of us will never get it since they always sell out within 2 mins...