Hasbro Live-Stream - Spider-Man Marvel Legends, Haslab Galactus And More

JayC

Um....didn't there used to be 5 team members in Excalibur? And Legends-wise, one of them doesn't even need a redeco or headsculpt: perfect boxset character. And there's NO Rachel Summers (Phoenix II). I would literally have paid £120 for a box of literal excrement as long as it came with Rachel.

Soo...what's left? Captain Britain with a beard (?????) and another brutal female body and face sculpt? And a Meggan-Joker hybrid. Not pleased at all. I fart in the general direction of this boxset. 

So much good stuff..

Eternals.. yawn

Shield and Skrulls are long overdue and look awesome. I assembled 2 Super Skrulls, May be time to unload 1. 

Excalibur set is very nice. Little bummed they modernized Kitty’s ridiculous 80s hair but I get why they did. Maybe my Pulse membership will secure  me a set when they go up.

The Spidey MCU stuff looks nice, hopefully some context is coming. The Dr Strange doesn’t look THAT much of an upgrade than the last one in the 3 pack. JJJ is fun, too bad he didn’t get a Maguire era extra head. 

Armadillo is a fun surprise but honestly have no need for him. Just like   Stilt Man, once the fun factor wore off, I really was never a fan. Guess will make the call once in hand. Was he ever on Thunderbolts? Though kudos to Hasbro, their design team is knocking it out of the park

No idea who Morlun or Shriek are but when I saw them my mind immediately went to a Horror themed wave.. bummed he isn’t Dracula but since I’ve never seen him, he can be added to that modern Morbius I’ve also never seen to be unnamed vampires in my collection.

Man, Galactus and Nova really shot up there..glad for that, makes me feel better for the money spent. If surfer makes it, it’s just cake. Those bases are nice, probably will never be used with Nova or Surfer, got others that those accessories would look better with.

...just when I think I’m going to have a savings account Hasbro keeps on rolling..

On 8/26/2021 at 3:26 PM, LandoTucker said:

Um....didn't there used to be 5 team members in Excalibur? And Legends-wise, one of them doesn't even need a redeco or headsculpt: perfect boxset character. And there's NO Rachel Summers (Phoenix II). I would literally have paid £120 for a box of literal excrement as long as it came with Rachel.

Soo...what's left? Captain Britain with a beard (?????) and another brutal female body and face sculpt? And a Meggan-Joker hybrid. Not pleased at all. I fart in the general direction of this boxset. 

I mean...two weeks ago you said this:

Yeh, a bit meh. Psycho-man & High Evolutionary and the X-Force 3-pack REALLY work for me - they look great - and I'll pick & chose from the F4 Retro line.

And they said they would be coming out with Rachel soon.  We already have Nightcrawler and she's the last of the original five we'd need to complete the team.  Not sure why you're all twisted about this all of the sudden.  You wait a month or two, get your Rachel and you're set.  And you've saved on your hypothetical 120 purchase price.  

On 8/26/2021 at 11:26 AM, Satam said:

I wish I could agree with you. The belt kinda hides it, but Shriek has two weird round spots right above the hips. They're more apparent on Frankie Raye, which I assume shares the same body.

I never saw a problem with that part as it is just muscle definition that both the KB and Moonstone buck have — it may seem to pop out more as being two round spots in pictures but it actually blends back around quickly into their back sides. Even still, every other area of her looks killer and way better than the KB mold, imo, which I hope we dont see a lot of ever again! 🙂 

On 8/26/2021 at 11:39 PM, Virtualzach said:

I mean...two weeks ago you said this:

And they said they would be coming out with Rachel soon.  We already have Nightcrawler and she's the last of the original five we'd need to complete the team.  Not sure why you're all twisted about this all of the sudden.  You wait a month or two, get your Rachel and you're set.  And you've saved on your hypothetical 120 purchase price.  

Until I see a digital render, or Rektangular YouTubes it, there is no Excalibur Phoenix, and Hasbro's 'soon' is not my soon.

Maybe they'll do one in the future, sure. Or maybe they'll do a Marvel Now! Or HoX version. And then in what, Autumn (Fall) 2022 maybe I'll be happy.

I thought that 'Excalibur box-set' would mean five characters. Why didn't they pop Phoenix II out on a Retro card when they did the What-If wave & Tigra reveals? Why after?

This just isn't Excalibur, and the other two characters are so obvious, and so intrinsic. But not to everyone. I know.

I don't want to dump on the product, but I'm getting less and less pleasure from the endless reveals and pre-orders and no product. And this is X-Men. It should be a perfect 10. I'm also finding myself liking less and less of what they're putting out. F4 Retro, MCU bottom-carders and pegwarmers.

If you love it, that's cool, and I'm neither knocking nor mocking you, or anyone else who doesn't feel the way I do. But, this sucks on a 'huge personal level' for me.

So much good stuff here!

I know that I'm the exception here, but I like that Eternals wave more and more each time I see it. I plan on buying all of those and normally I don't like MCU figures.

Man, I love that Armadillo! I was originally only going to get Morlun and Shriek and pass on the rest - but have to have Armadillo. I can probably find uses for the JJJ, Miles and Strange figures but I really dislike both of the MCU Spideys shown (and the walmart one too).

The army builders for SHIELD and the Skrulls?!? Awesome, I'd love to order 3 of each (6 SHIELD agents, 3 skrulls)!

I love the Meggan figure in the Excalibur 3-pack but am not at all jazzed about the Captain Britain, Shadowcat and Lockheed figures -- but I want Meggan enough that I'll buy it.

Finally the Surfer reveal was kind of disappointing, still on the fence for Galactus - still have a few days to make up my mind....

ARMADILLO!! As a Texas native I LOVE seeing this figure lol! Those critters are everywhere! 

But seriously...I NEVER thought I'd see this character ever!! They just keep knocking them out of the park! 

I must have Morlurn and Shriek but I'll pass on the others. 

Excalibur set looks nice but I'm in agreement with other sentiments..not a fan of Kitty or Meggans head sculpt. I'll of course deal with it or do a "face swap" I don't want my superheroes doing battle with a smile on their face. Oh well...at least we are getting them. Im sure Rachel will look awesome when the release her and Im hoping for a deluxe figure there. Her "fire wings" are a must!!

Im good with my current Surfer...but I understand why he's the 2nd unlock. 

Eternals...easy pass for me but they are nice looking figures for the folks that want them.

On 8/26/2021 at 12:32 PM, AnotherPunkChef said:

And Overdrive, the LAST of the Superior 6!

I just noticed- and I could be wrong- but that Armadillo torso might be just about the right size for a Charlie-27 figure for the original Guardians of the Galaxy. Provided they don't give him longer legs (he's not as tall as the Hulk, he's just wide) I think that torso might work for the figure. 

Definitely taking the army builders and Excalibur set.  Just a bit disappointed it is not a 5-pack with Rachel Summers or even a Pete Wisdom figure. But i am glad they didnt try to push another Nightcrawler, and although i didnt need another Captain Britain too, this one looks decent and I was long waiting for a Meggan figure and 80s Shadowcat!!

On 8/26/2021 at 12:38 PM, CAC said:

"....I’m sick of comic based figures being the BAF to MCU waves.....If their sales are as strong as comic based figures then make straight MCU waves...Make MCU waves with MCU BAFs and make comic waves with comic BAFs!"

A few people feel that way and all I can say is, you all have to be realize that the MCU figures will never have as many choices as the comic line. Thats 80 years of accumulated characters that can be made into figures. MCU only has 10 years in, and only a fraction of characters at that. In addition, fans tend to want their BAFs on the larger side, and again, the MCU just doesn't have that many to choose from.

Its really not about sales strength either. Now, I personally favor the comic line over the movie versions in every way; the only MCU figures I've bought are the Iron Man from the first Avengers movie, the Black Panther, Black Widow, Rescue, Yellowjacket and the Hulkbuster BAF. But I can live with a little mixing here and there.

On 8/26/2021 at 8:25 PM, Atlantis said:

A few people feel that way and all I can say is, you all have to be realize that the MCU figures will never have as many choices as the comic line. Thats 80 years of accumulated characters that can be made into figures. MCU only has 10 years in, and only a fraction of characters at that. In addition, fans tend to want their BAFs on the larger side, and again, the MCU just doesn't have that many to choose from.

Its really not about sales strength either. Now, I personally favor the comic line over the movie versions in every way; the only MCU figures I've bought are the Iron Man from the first Avengers movie, the Black Panther, Black Widow, Rescue, Yellowjacket and the Hulkbuster BAF. But I can live with a little mixing here and there.

Exactly, half the time MCU BAFs end up just being the same size as regular figures in the wave (Mantis, Okoye, Gilgamesh) or not figures at all (Vulture, Falcon), and then people just complain about that too. If you want big BAFs, usually they have to be comic-related.

On 8/26/2021 at 11:08 PM, Ironspider428 said:

Exactly, half the time MCU BAFs end up just being the same size as regular figures in the wave (Mantis, Okoye, Gilgamesh) or not figures at all (Vulture, Falcon), and then people just complain about that too. If you want big BAFs, usually they have to be comic-related.

lol what?  How many BAFs, other than those you listed, can you name that are the same as normal sized figures?  

On 8/26/2021 at 8:34 PM, icematta said:

Wow, new pegwarmers, I'm sorry, Eternals, and a couple of them being Exclusives is not helping them either....

Maybe it's just where I'm at, but I haven't seen ANY Marvel Legends really be peg warmers since the MCU Wasp. The shelves where I live are usually empty. They'll get stock in and sold out within a week or two. I live in a town of about 60,000 in a county of about 500,000 and we have seemingly endless Super Targets, Super Walmarts and such in the area and I rarely see anything there for very long. The last peg warmers I remember are that MCU Wasp and I think Whirlwind and Cottonmouth might have both stuck around for a couple of months, but that's really been it in recent history around here...    I remember the astral plane Doctor Strange figures sitting for a while but that's been a few years now....      I went to ordering all of my figures online 2-3 years ago because of exactly this, it was getting to the point where I was almost never seeing the most popular figures in the wild - no matter how often I visited the stores...

On 8/26/2021 at 10:13 PM, Ironspider428 said:

As long as they killed the shine on that suit and maybe made it slightly darker, it should be fine. Personally, I've never liked the look of people adding the weblines, the MCU suits have really low-profile lines and they just end up too thick. I think they just did some grey wash for the Homecoming suit, maybe that would have been the way to go here?

I agree, it should be darker, but from what I can tell it doesn't look like the figure is really different from the previous one (except some minor paint apps), so no darker colours used here. 

My opinion on the Eternals hasn't changed.

The Armadillo was a surprise, but while the BAf and figures looks great there aren't any real must gets for me.

The Shield army builders are a must get, Skrull maybe.

The Excalibur pack is fine, but really wanted Rachel

On 8/27/2021 at 6:03 AM, Virtualzach said:

lol what?  How many BAFs, other than those you listed, can you name that are the same as normal sized figures?  

From the MCU? Since 2014, we've had Groot, Ultron, Hulkbuster, Giant-Man, Gladiator Hulk, Thanos X2, Cull Obsidian, Molten Man and Endgame Hulk for big BAFs, and Vulture's wings, Mantis, Okoye, M'Baku, Thor, Falcon's wings and Gilgamesh for small/lackluster BAFs. 7 versus 10, that's pretty close to an even split. 

On a mostly unrelated note, I received my pre-ordered Happy Hogan / Iron Man Mark XXI 2-pack today. That Jon Favreau figure is going to double as both Happy Hogan and as Foggy Nelson from the Ben Affleck Daredevil movie for me. I wish he had come with an alternate head so I could put one on a civilian figure with a lighter suit. I wonder how that head would look on the Mobius body? Probably too big I'm guessing, but I'm sure that I'll try it once I get Mobius...