Marvel Legends Spider-Man Armadillo BAF Wave Official Images And Info

JayC

With over 80 years of entertainment history, Marvel has become a cornerstone of fan collections around the world. With the Marvel Legends Series, fan favorite Marvel characters are designed with premium detail and articulation for posing and display in collections. From figures to vehicles to premium roleplay items, the Marvel Legends Series offers elite character-inspired products for Marvel fans and collectors.. You can pre-order these now from our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com.

The wave includes the following:

Spider-Man (Intergrated Suit) figure
2 Pairs of hands

Spider-Man (Black and Gold) figure
2 Pairs of hands
Armadillo BAF piece

J. Jonah Jameson figure
2 Pairs of hands
2 Head sculpts
Armadillo BAF piece

Doctor Strange figure
2 Pairs of hands
2 Magic effect hands
Armadillo BAF piece

Morlun figure
2 Head sculpts
Armadillo BAF piece

Miles Morales figure
2 Head sculpts
3 Pairs of hands
Pair of Venom Strike hands
Armadillo BAF piece

Shriek figure
3 Pairs of hands
Armadillo BAF piece

Spider-Man-01.jpg

Spider-Man-02.jpg

Spider-Man-03.jpg

Spider-Man-04.jpg

Spider-Man-05.jpg

Spider-Man-06.jpg

Spider-Man-07.jpg

Spider-Man-08.jpg

Spider-Man-09.jpg

Spider-Man-10.jpg

Spider-Man-11.jpg

Spider-Man-12.jpg

Spider-Man-13.jpg

Spider-Man-14.jpg

Spider-Man-15.jpg

Spider-Man-16.jpg

Spider-Man-17.jpg

Spider-Man-18.jpg

Spider-Man-19.jpg

Spider-Man-20.jpg

Spider-Man-21.jpg

Spider-Man-22.jpg

Spider-Man-23.jpg

Spider-Man-24.jpg

Spider-Man-25.jpg

Spider-Man-26.jpg

Spider-Man-27.jpg

Spider-Man-28.jpg

Spider-Man-29.jpg

Spider-Man-30.jpg

Spider-Man-31.jpg

Spider-Man-32.jpg

Spider-Man-33.jpg

Spider-Man-34.jpg

Spider-Man-35.jpg

Spider-Man-36.jpg

Spider-Man-37.jpg

Spider-Man-38.jpg

Spider-Man-39.jpg

Spider-Man-40.jpg

Spider-Man-41.jpg

Spider-Man-42.jpg

Spider-Man-43.jpg

Spider-Man-44.jpg

Spider-Man-45.jpg

Spider-Man-46.jpg

Spider-Man-47.jpg

Spider-Man-48.jpg

Spider-Man-49.jpg

Spider-Man-50.jpg

Spider-Man-51.jpg

Spider-Man-52.jpg

Spider-Man-53.jpg

Spider-Man-54.jpg

Spider-Man-55.jpg

Spider-Man-56.jpg

Spider-Man-57.jpg

Spider-Man-58.jpg

Spider-Man-59.jpg

That Armadillo looks really cool. With a little extra tooling I bet they could transition that into a pretty good looking A-Bomb, though I'm thinking it would be a bit on the small side considering  he should roughly be the size of Hulk.

Also, I must say I like the new "Standard" female buck, but am troubled by what exactly they mean by standard. Is this to indicate that pretty much every female figure of non-specific build, like She-Hulk or Jubilee, should be expected to be on this buck. The male bucks have at least 6 different options for dudes of all shapes and sizes. Isn't pegging women to be of one shape and size a little bit "ist"?

I went ahead and ordered the full wave with the exception of the Integrated Suit Spider-Man which doesn't come with a BAF part. If it wasn't for wanting Armadillo so much, I'd only have gotten Morlun and Shriek.

This might sound weird, but could we please get a comic based Aunt May in the next Spidey wave?? She is easily my most wanted character right now that hasn't ever been in done in 6" scale form by either Toy Biz or Hasbro. There was a Toy Biz 5" version but it doesn't work.

Preordered the whole wave. I'm always down for a Spider-Man wave, MCU or comic, but I agree with the general sentiment that the two Spider-Man suits are boring. Unfortunately this seems to be another bad case of Hasbro using concept or spoiler-free designs and accessories, as I'm sure if those figures had the accessories we've seen from other companies, they'd be a lot cooler. That magic gauntlet thing and magic webs for the BG suit and the Iron Spider legs for the Integrated suit. I'm sure we'll see those down the road, probably packed with a villain.

On 8/27/2021 at 10:26 AM, Reno said:

I went ahead and ordered the full wave with the exception of the Integrated Suit Spider-Man which doesn't come with a BAF part. If it wasn't for wanting Armadillo so much, I'd only have gotten Morlun and Shriek.

This might sound weird, but could we please get a comic based Aunt May in the next Spidey wave?? She is easily my most wanted character right now that hasn't ever been in done in 6" scale form by either Toy Biz or Hasbro. There was a Toy Biz 5" version but it doesn't work.

We really do need her. She'd be perfect for a retro release, maybe fan channel. It shouldn't be too hard to do, I think parts from the Peggy Carter figure could be used there.

On 8/27/2021 at 2:20 PM, Faust said:

Seriously, that Armadillo is frigging  fantastic!! This is a good wave but could have done without 3 spideys though 

Plus a Walmart exclusive Spidey to top it all off.. really hoping they expand on the villains that are sure to be in this film

On a third look, this Dr Strange’s head sculpt is an improving over the 3 pack version and miles better than the original release.

the body looks the same but for a costume that is heavy on the robes what are you going to do?

the effects are nice, glued to his hands. I had a Figuarts version that you had to plug his finger tips in to reflect this power. It was.. a nice idea but rarely worked.

also glad to not have the effect permanently attached to his arm like with the 3 pack.

now bring on a classic comic version !

Morlun, Shriek, and Miles for .e since I missed the comic release and it's practically the same look. I wonder if someday we will get the McBride version of Carrion to complete the Carnage Family, although we still never got Overdrive to complete Superior Foes

On 8/27/2021 at 11:48 AM, McHogan said:

On a third look, this Dr Strange’s head sculpt is an improving over the 3 pack version and miles better than the original release.

the body looks the same but for a costume that is heavy on the robes what are you going to do?

Actually, I believe everything above the waist is brand new. I think they only reused the cape and legs, because even the Eye looks more detailed, but that might just be paint.

On 8/27/2021 at 12:29 PM, Wpnx_0110 said:

Would love to see that Armadillo body used for a new Rhino figure!

There is zero parts on that Armadillo buck that look anything like the Rhino. Torso might be the only thing. If anything, he needs to be re-done at a slightly smaller scale as he is only 6'5 not 7'5.

vYUbz5h.jpgwlbNbGG.jpgfQcyAc9.jpg

On 8/27/2021 at 3:51 PM, Gigantor said:

There is zero parts on that Armadillo buck that look anything like the Rhino. Torso might be the only thing. If anything, he needs to be re-done at a slightly smaller scale as he is only 6'5 not 7'5.

vYUbz5h.jpgwlbNbGG.jpgfQcyAc9.jpg

Looking at the full shot of the Armadillo, it strikes me that this buck could easily be used to do a new Abomination... I think most would agree the previous BAF based on the Rhino BAF buc, was way too short and small for Abomination. I could see them using some of the armored plates even on Abomination. I hope that happens. Also, I don't know much about Morlun, but looking at the black outfit with coat tails, I can easily picture the single most needed Avenger using this buc/design... Edwin Jarvis!

It makes me sad that they didn’t use new Shriek body for Sue, that would be great although with face sculpt we getting for Sue that might be for the better. While I would prefer hair sculpt that is closer to Shrieks I remember from comics, I really dunno what they based this hair style on, yet she is still my most anticipated figure due to all the weight this body will have to take and hopefully she doesn’t disappoint. 

On 8/27/2021 at 5:57 PM, Jormungand said:

Looking at the full shot of the Armadillo, it strikes me that this buck could easily be used to do a new Abomination... I think most would agree the previous BAF based on the Rhino BAF buc, was way too short and small for Abomination. I could see them using some of the armored plates even on Abomination. I hope that happens. Also, I don't know much about Morlun, but looking at the black outfit with coat tails, I can easily picture the single most needed Avenger using this buc/design... Edwin Jarvis!

Yes, please on Edwin Jarvis. He's my 2nd most wanted "civilian" figure right now behind only Aunt May that I mentioned earlier in this thread!

Speaking of "civilian" figures, I got my Iron Man 3 2-pack of Happy and IM Mark XXI today. Now I want that Jon Favreau figure to be both my Happy from Iron Man and also Foggy Nelson from the Ben Affleck Daredevil movie!! If it wasn't a 2-pack I'd go pick up another one and do a head swap with another civilian figure in a lighter suit. That head might not look good on Mobius but I bet that I'll try it anyway when I get Mobius. A figure with a bow-tie would be even better but the only I can think of is Arcade and that wouldn't work.

On 8/27/2021 at 6:06 PM, Reno said:

Yes, please on Edwin Jarvis. He's my 2nd most wanted "civilian" figure right now behind only Aunt May that I mentioned earlier in this thread!

Speaking of "civilian" figures, I got my Iron Man 3 2-pack of Happy and IM Mark XXI today. Now I want that Jon Favreau figure to be both my Happy from Iron Man and also Foggy Nelson from the Ben Affleck Daredevil movie!! If it wasn't a 2-pack I'd go pick up another one and do a head swap with another civilian figure in a lighter suit. That head might not look good on Mobius but I bet that I'll try it anyway when I get Mobius. A figure with a bow-tie would be even better but the only I can think of is Arcade and that wouldn't work.

Reno, there are definitely some civilians that need to be made and are long overdue. Aunt May is obviously one, another would be (comic) Agatha Harkness - they could probably use the same 'old lady' buc for both if they choose to make them. Also, probably the Hulk's greatest  adversary needs to be made finally... General Thunderbolt Ross!

On 8/27/2021 at 6:21 PM, Jormungand said:

Reno, there are definitely some civilians that need to be made and are long overdue. Aunt May is obviously one, another would be (comic) Agatha Harkness - they could probably use the same 'old lady' buc for both if they choose to make them. Also, probably the Hulk's greatest  adversary needs to be made finally... General Thunderbolt Ross!

Oh, I definitely agree.....  Aunt May, Jarvis, Robbie Robertson, Rick Jones, Betty Brant, Valerie Cooper, Liz Allan, Foggy, does Wong count?, Ben Urich, Alicia Masters, Mariko, Cecilia Reyes, Abigail Brand, Henry Gyrich, Amadeus Cho, Dr. Kavita Rao, Pete Wisdom, Trish Tilby, Uncle Ben, Layla Miller, Gabe Jones, Lila Cheney, Clea... and so many more....  not all of those may be true civilians but came to mind for this...

On 8/27/2021 at 6:35 PM, Reno said:

Oh, I definitely agree.....  Aunt May, Jarvis, Robbie Robertson, Rick Jones, Betty Brant, Valerie Cooper, Liz Allan, Foggy, does Wong count?, Ben Urich, Alicia Masters, Mariko, Cecilia Reyes, Abigail Brand, Henry Gyrich, Amadeus Cho, Dr. Kavita Rao, Pete Wisdom, Trish Tilby, Uncle Ben, Layla Miller, Gabe Jones, Lila Cheney, Clea... and so many more....  not all of those may be true civilians but came to mind for this...

Yeah, lol, you got all  important civilians Reno! That's quite a list.

I missed the live stream and when I later saw the small thumbnail photos of the new releases, I initially thought Armadillo might be a new Sasquatch and got excited. Similar coloring and a tiny head surrounded by massive shoulders like how John Byrne used to draw Sasquatch. I like the wider shoulders and torso but it would still need more height for a true to size Sasquatch.

When I saw it was Armadillo, who I wasn't familiar with, I also thought of how the body could be reused for other big characters. I, like most collectors, want a new Rhino. But I also think that's unlikely as it seems like Hasbro is reusing bucks less for other large characters, which I think is a good thing. I'm just thinking of the Hulk, which is essentially the same size as Juggernaut, but the Hulk got its own new sculpt. There are other examples too, like some people thought Ursa Major would just be a retooled Wendigo/Sasquatch but it also turned out to be a new sculpt. I'm all in favor of new unique sculpts so I'm not complaining about that.

I have preordered this wave, and can't wait. The BAF is not one I'm familiar with but he's awesome as usual from hasbro. I'm really liking the updated Strange figure and also dig that stand alone Spiderman with no baf piece. Shriek and Morlun look cool, but that PS gameverse Morales fig is off the hook! To me, this is a must have. Have already preordered via pulse

On 8/28/2021 at 12:35 AM, Reno said:

I would love some more civilians

On 8/29/2021 at 4:01 AM, Atlantis said:

How is that possible?  I have wondered why they make the choices they do, but this idea isn't logical. The two look nothing alike.

Some people need glasses.  How anyone looks at the Armadillo buck & sees Abomination and Rhino, is beyond me as both those characters classic looks feature zero armor. Rhino is in a skin tight suit with just his face exposed and Abomination has reptilian skin. Oi vey!