Marvel Legends Spider-Man Armadillo BAF Wave Official Images And Info

JayC

On 8/27/2021 at 10:20 AM, Faust said:

Seriously, that Armadillo is frigging  fantastic!! This is a good wave but could have done without 3 spideys though 

Armadillo is really well done. However these other figures do very little for me, so this is another BAF I'll have to pass on. Probably won't get a second chance like I did with Kingpin, but c'est la vie.

Im sorry to hear that...this is quite a "Deep dive" for Hasbro.

I NEVER EVER would have imagined we would get this character. I used to read and re-read the 1982-83 Marvel Handbook ( and all that followed) and this is a character that seemed like a throw away ...and yet here we are. Immortalized in plastic for our toy shelf!

Makes me hope they use some of his parts for STEGRON. 

As far as Spidey villans go...who is left?  Mr. Negative?  Who else? A new classic Shocker is needed for sure. A Classic Hobgoblin?  Will-o-the-Wisp, Vermin, Swarm, Scarecrow, Molten Man, classic Lizard. Man-Wolf & the Human Fly.

Time for a want list me thinks!

Hobgoblin_(Marvel_Comics).png

Stegron-Marvel-Comics-Spider-Man.jpg

On 8/30/2021 at 3:19 PM, GrtWhiteCustoms said:

Im sorry to hear that...this is quite a "Deep dive" for Hasbro.

I NEVER EVER would have imagined we would get this character. I used to read and re-read the 1982-83 Marvel Handbook ( and all that followed) and this is a character that seemed like a throw away ...and yet here we are. Immortalized in plastic for our toy shelf!

Makes me hope they use some of his parts for STEGRON. 

As far as Spidey villans go...who is left?  Mr. Negative?  Who else? A new classic Shocker is needed for sure. A Classic Hobgoblin?  Will-o-the-Wisp, Vermin, Swarm, Scarecrow, Molten Man, classic Lizard. Man-Wolf & the Human Fly.

Time for a want list me thinks!

Hobgoblin_(Marvel_Comics).png

Stegron-Marvel-Comics-Spider-Man.jpg

Only spider villains left on my want list are classic Tarantula, Black Tarantula & classic Lizard. As far as allies,  classic White Tiger plz!

• 4 weeks later...

This is one of those situations where I really only want Morlun and Shriek but then they have to make Armadillo the darn BAF!!!  I haven't yet decided whether to just pick up the whole wave and sell the other figures or just try to buy the BAF parts....  I know that I want Armadillo something fierce. I could see myself getting JJJ and doing a head swap for another civilian figure but I just can't come up with any rational reason to get the rest, outside of the BAF part.

On 9/25/2021 at 10:30 AM, Reno said:

"... I really only want Morlun and Shriek but then they have to make Armadillo the darn BAF!!!  ...I just can't come up with any rational reason to get the rest..."

I hear ya. Armadillo isn't a must-get for me but they knocked it out of the park with that figure, didn't they?? I don't know why he's not in a Captain America wave, but there it is. Nevertheless I can't justify getting him 'cause as you pointed out, that is a weak-ass wave. Will they release him as a deluxe or 2-packed thing down the road, like they did with Kingpin? I doubt it, but you can just never, never know what this Hasbro team is gonna do or the reasons why they do it. 

On 8/31/2021 at 2:07 AM, leokearon said:

Still waiting on Looter, Spot, Gibbon, Grizzly, Kangaroo 2, Lady Ock.

A League of Loosers Box Set with Grizzly, Gibbon, Spot and Spider-Man (New Mold Big Eyes on Head) is needed!

If a fifth figure is required like the Wolverine Box Set then Looter or Bag Man!

Damn, that scrawny, spaghetti legged, whispy armed, super short suited buck just keeps getting better and better, doesn't it? And isn't I just so great that pretty much every head sculpt from any "normal" sized figure doesn't fit on it without looking like a pumpkin head? It's the gift that keeps on giving. Great job deep sixing a great buck like the Moonstone one and keeping this Office Manager Frodo buck in constant rotation, Hasbro.

On 9/26/2021 at 1:03 AM, monron999 said:

Damn, that scrawny, spaghetti legged, whispy armed, super short suited buck just keeps getting better and better, doesn't it? And isn't I just so great that pretty much every head sculpt from any "normal" sized figure doesn't fit on it without looking like a pumpkin head? It's the gift that keeps on giving. Great job deep sixing a great buck like the Moonstone one and keeping this Office Manager Frodo buck in constant rotation, Hasbro.

The Nick Fury suit buck isn't actually that bad. It's a good amount taller than the old one and the new torso, head and forearm pieces proportion Morlun out quite well, I think.

On 9/26/2021 at 12:39 AM, Legender said:

A League of Loosers Box Set with Grizzly, Gibbon, Spot and Spider-Man (New Mold Big Eyes on Head) is needed!

If a fifth figure is required like the Wolverine Box Set then Looter or Bag Man!

A legion of Losers set would have to include the whole team; Kangaroo 2, Spot, Gibbon and Grizzly' if there needs to be a fifth figure it should be the Bombastic Bagman (not the Amazing Bagman)

I'm really torn on that Shriek figure. Her hair looks weird to me the way the bangs look sort of slapped on but if i can ever get a hold of a Carnage and Demogoblin figure and they do a proper blue Venom with a non-inflated head and a Doppelganger based around the new Spidey buck, she would be a must. Hard decision considering how many other criteria I need for a Maximum Carnage crew.

On 9/26/2021 at 4:10 PM, sentinelofliberty41 said:

I'm really torn on that Shriek figure. Her hair looks weird to me the way the bangs look sort of slapped on but if i can ever get a hold of a Carnage and Demogoblin figure and they do a proper blue Venom with a non-inflated head and a Doppelganger based around the new Spidey buck, she would be a must. Hard decision considering how many other criteria I need for a Maximum Carnage crew.

While I'm not a big fan of Shriek, I want to complete my Carnage Crew, after her, it will just be Carrion.

On 9/26/2021 at 1:51 AM, leokearon said:

A legion of Losers set would have to include the whole team; Kangaroo 2, Spot, Gibbon and Grizzly' if there needs to be a fifth figure it should be the Bombastic Bagman (not the Amazing Bagman)

Well Hasbro say Callisto and Mastermind are mainly Wolverine enemies ... so the accuracy is not their strenght 🤣

On 9/26/2021 at 6:00 PM, Legender said:

Well Hasbro say Callisto and Mastermind are mainly Wolverine enemies ... so the accuracy is not their strenght 🤣

Well at least Mastermind has a personal connection to Logan unlike Callisto. Still I would prefer an accurate boxset, since it is one of my favourite stories along with the White Rabbit/Bagman follow-up

On 9/26/2021 at 8:39 AM, leokearon said:

While I'm not a big fan of Shriek, I want to complete my Carnage Crew, after her, it will just be Carrion.

Hasbro doesn’t seem to like completing teams, so who knows when we’ll get Carrion. They haven’t given us Overdrive yet and it’s been 4 years since we got the last Superior Foes member. I really want both regardless, hopefully someday.

On 9/26/2021 at 7:29 PM, Ironspider428 said:

Hasbro doesn’t seem to like completing teams, so who knows when we’ll get Carrion. They haven’t given us Overdrive yet and it’s been 4 years since we got the last Superior Foes member. I really want both regardless, hopefully someday.

Hasbro has completed loads of teams. They are just smart about it. They can't give the whole team as they want to spread it out and make the line last longer

On 9/26/2021 at 10:43 AM, tarot said:

Hasbro has completed loads of teams. They are just smart about it. They can't give the whole team as they want to spread it out and make the line last longer

Agree that they spread it out, but not sure about "loads" of teams being completed, outside of the Fantastic Four.

• Alpha Flight, they're missing Marrina (and a lot of people want Box).
  • Defenders still don't have classic Valkyrie.
  • Excalibur, no Phoenix (Rachel).
  • They've only done Major Vance Astro for the Guardians of the Galaxy.
  • No on Hellfire Club.
  • Only have two members of the Inhumans royal family.
  • Serpent Society- even though the best one, Rock Python, was done, group still isnt finished.
  • The X-Men's "all new all different" line up is only missing Banshee. There was a box set of the original team though. Laughable, but it was done.
  • Avengers West Coast....classic Mockingbird no, but a version was done. Tigra is at least on the way....hmmm
  • Invaders, no, Champions, no, New Warriors, no. 

I purposely didn't list the Avengers, since Marvel seems to want to toss anyone in there. That team will never be "complete". Best we can hope for are specific eras, I think.

Look at it this way, we can look forward to more figures. And we didnt bring up teams they haven't even started yet.