Marvel Legends Spider-Man Armadillo BAF Wave Official Images And Info

JayC

On 9/26/2021 at 2:11 PM, Atlantis said:

Agree that they spread it out, but not sure about "loads" of teams being completed, outside of the Fantastic Four.

• Alpha Flight, they're missing Marrina (and a lot of people want Box).
  • Defenders still don't have classic Valkyrie.
  • Excalibur, no Phoenix (Rachel).
  • They've only done Major Vance Astro for the Guardians of the Galaxy.
  • No on Hellfire Club.
  • Only have two members of the Inhumans royal family.
  • Serpent Society- even though the best one, Rock Python, was done, group still isnt finished.
  • The X-Men's "all new all different" line up is only missing Banshee. There was a box set of the original team though. Laughable, but it was done.
  • Avengers West Coast....classic Mockingbird no, but a version was done. Tigra is at least on the way....hmmm
  • Invaders, no, Champions, no, New Warriors, no. 

I purposely didn't list the Avengers, since Marvel seems to want to toss anyone in there. That team will never be "complete". Best we can hope for are specific eras, I think.

Look at it this way, we can look forward to more figures. And we didnt bring up teams they haven't even started yet.

Just out of curiosity, what teams have been completed?

On 9/26/2021 at 8:35 PM, LordVenger said:

Just out of curiosity, what teams have been completed?

Wrecking crew (yes I know I know),

all new all different avengers,

f4 (several times),

first appearance xmen,

blue strike team xmen,

gold strike team xmen,

uncanny avengers (rogue and wanda are in different costime but you can fudge it.)

Founding avengers

Alpha flight (just missing marina really we have a few incantation with what we have)

Defenders (yes I'm counting that #$## valkyrie)

On 9/26/2021 at 2:43 PM, tarot said:

Hasbro has completed loads of teams. They are just smart about it. They can't give the whole team as they want to spread it out and make the line last longer

They haven't actually completed that many teams, but regardless, over 4 years between releases in a team is overkill. 

On 9/26/2021 at 3:11 PM, Atlantis said:

Agree that they spread it out, but not sure about "loads" of teams being completed, outside of the Fantastic Four.

• Alpha Flight, they're missing Marrina (and a lot of people want Box).
  • Defenders still don't have classic Valkyrie.
  • Excalibur, no Phoenix (Rachel).
  • They've only done Major Vance Astro for the Guardians of the Galaxy.
  • No on Hellfire Club.
  • Only have two members of the Inhumans royal family.
  • Serpent Society- even though the best one, Rock Python, was done, group still isnt finished.
  • The X-Men's "all new all different" line up is only missing Banshee. There was a box set of the original team though. Laughable, but it was done.
  • Avengers West Coast....classic Mockingbird no, but a version was done. Tigra is at least on the way....hmmm
  • Invaders, no, Champions, no, New Warriors, no. 

I purposely didn't list the Avengers, since Marvel seems to want to toss anyone in there. That team will never be "complete". Best we can hope for are specific eras, I think.

Look at it this way, we can look forward to more figures. And we didnt bring up teams they haven't even started yet.

We're also missing Feral from X-Force, Wolfsbane and Random from X-Factor, a few from the Brotherhood and most of the Inheritors, not to mention the aforementioned Carrion from Maximum Carnage and Overdrive from Superior Foes.

They did complete X-Men Blue and Gold, ANAD Avengers (I think), Sinister Six and Fantastic 4. Not sure if I'm missing any.

On 9/26/2021 at 1:02 AM, Ironspider428 said:

The Nick Fury suit buck isn't actually that bad. It's a good amount taller than the old one and the new torso, head and forearm pieces proportion Morlun out quite well, I think.

I agree, but the one they used for JJJ in this No Way Home wave is the older one. Even with the JJJ head sculpt that was built specifically to fit this buck, it still has that lollipop head.

As far as the Morlun, he looks pretty good because he seems to be using some variation of the Hellfire Club buck.

On 9/26/2021 at 4:52 PM, Ironspider428 said:

They haven't actually completed that many teams, but regardless, over 4 years between releases in a team is overkill. 

If you fudge here and there, then you can technically call some teams complete. I was looking at it from a current point of view, that is, not including Toybiz's production or Hasbro's first swing at Legends.  I agree, they certainly are dragging it out, especially with the Inhumans and Guardians of the Galaxy. 

Really liking the majority of this wave, I love the BAF, it's so outta nowhere, Armadillo is such an oddball, I pre-ordered this whole wave based on the BAF, the only figures I really want are Shriek, Morlun and Miles, Strange does look good, and I do like the inaccurate Black & Gold Suit, but JJ is not a figure I have any interest in, I'll likely keep Strange, but Black & Gold suit, and for sure JJ are gonna go, so if anyone just wants JJJ hes for sure all yours.

On 9/28/2021 at 12:12 AM, SpiderS said:

I’m wondering if the reason for Armadillo having overlay part is due to reusability potential, I def can see Rhino on that body, even if it’s too tall for him. 

That's what I'm thinking. Hasbro would try to get the most out of a new mold.

Armadillo is amazing sculpt wise. Don’t care for the character but Hasbro is on another level with their figures.

the Morlun is my Vampire.. no idea who he is but in my collection he is Dracula. May try to custom a Jarvis out of that body too.. maybe.. my skills ain’t so great

Shown below via LittleToysBiggerWorld are over 100 in-hand images for the new Marvel Legends Spider-Man Armadillo BAF Wave which has started seeing release at retail now. You can also purchase these now from our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com as well.

The wave includes the following:

Spider-Man (Intergrated Suit) figure
2 Pairs of hands

Spider-Man (Black and Gold) figure
2 Pairs of hands
Armadillo BAF piece

J. Jonah Jameson figure
2 Pairs of hands
2 Head sculpts
Armadillo BAF piece

Doctor Strange figure
2 Pairs of hands
2 Magic effect hands
Armadillo BAF piece

Morlun figure
2 Head sculpts
Armadillo BAF piece

Miles Morales figure
2 Head sculpts
3 Pairs of hands
Pair of Venom Strike hands
Armadillo BAF piece

Shriek figure
3 Pairs of hands
Armadillo BAF piece

Spider-Man-01.jpg

Spider-Man-02.jpg

Spider-Man-03.jpg

Spider-Man-04.jpg

Spider-Man-05.jpg

Spider-Man-06.jpg

Spider-Man-07.jpg

Spider-Man-08.jpg

Spider-Man-09.jpg

Spider-Man-10.jpg

Spider-Man-11.jpg

Spider-Man-12.jpg

Spider-Man-13.jpg

Spider-Man-14.jpg

Spider-Man-15.jpg

Spider-Man-16.jpg

Spider-Man-17.jpg

Spider-Man-18.jpg

Spider-Man-19.jpg

Spider-Man-20.jpg

Spider-Man-21.jpg

Spider-Man-22.jpg

Spider-Man-23.jpg

Spider-Man-24.jpg

Spider-Man-25.jpg

Spider-Man-26.jpg

Spider-Man-27.jpg

Spider-Man-28.jpg

Spider-Man-29.jpg

Spider-Man-30.jpg

Spider-Man-31.jpg

Spider-Man-32.jpg

Spider-Man-29.jpg

Spider-Man-30.jpg

Spider-Man-31.jpg

Spider-Man-32.jpg

Spider-Man-33.jpg

Spider-Man-34.jpg

Spider-Man-35.jpg

Spider-Man-36.jpg

Spider-Man-37.jpg

Spider-Man-39.jpg

Spider-Man-40.jpg

Spider-Man-41.jpg

Spider-Man-42.jpg

Spider-Man-43.jpg

Spider-Man-44.jpg

Spider-Man-45.jpg

Spider-Man-46.jpg

Spider-Man-47.jpg

Spider-Man-48.jpg

Spider-Man-49.jpg

Spider-Man-50.jpg

Spider-Man-51.jpg

Spider-Man-52.jpg

Spider-Man-53.jpg

Spider-Man-54.jpg

Spider-Man-55.jpg

Spider-Man-56.jpg

Spider-Man-57.jpg

Spider-Man-58.jpg

Spider-Man-59.jpg

Spider-Man-60.jpg

Spider-Man-61.jpg

Spider-Man-62.jpg

Spider-Man-63.jpg

Spider-Man-64.jpg

Spider-Man-65.jpg

Spider-Man-66.jpg

Spider-Man-67.jpg

Spider-Man-68.jpg

Spider-Man-69.jpg

Spider-Man-70.jpg

Spider-Man-71.jpg

Spider-Man-72.jpg

Spider-Man-73.jpg

Spider-Man-74.jpg

Spider-Man-75.jpg

Spider-Man-76.jpg

Spider-Man-77.jpg

Spider-Man-78.jpg

Spider-Man-79.jpg

Spider-Man-80.jpg

Spider-Man-81.jpg

Spider-Man-82.jpg

Spider-Man-83.jpg

Spider-Man-84.jpg

Spider-Man-85.jpg

Spider-Man-86.jpg

Spider-Man-87.jpg

Spider-Man-88.jpg

Spider-Man-89.jpg

Spider-Man-90.jpg

Spider-Man-91.jpg

Spider-Man-92.jpg

Spider-Man-93.jpg

Spider-Man-94.jpg

Spider-Man-95.jpg

Spider-Man-96.jpg

Spider-Man-97.jpg

Spider-Man-98.jpg

Spider-Man-99.jpg

Spider-Man-100.jpg

Spider-Man-101.jpg

Spider-Man-102.jpg

Spider-Man-104.jpg

Spider-Man-105.jpg

Spider-Man-106.jpg

Spider-Man-107.jpg

Spider-Man-108.jpg

Spider-Man-109.jpg

Spider-Man-110.jpg

Spider-Man-111.jpg

Spider-Man-112.jpg

Spider-Man-113.jpg

Spider-Man-114.jpg

Spider-Man-115.jpg

Spider-Man-116.jpg

Spider-Man-117.jpg

Phew! Just what the doctor ordered (pun intended) after those coma inducing pics of the Eternals wave from earlier. No shade at the photographer, but damn, I seriously realized I actually started to watch paint dry here at work rather than look past the first coupla pics.

In comparison this wave is a 6 out of 10. Sure there's 2 more MCU Spidey, another Miles repaint, another much wanted character that deserved so much better than being done on that terrible suit buck and another Doctor Strange who pretty much looks exactly like the other MCU Doc, but we got three, count them, three new figures (counting JJJ) in this wave. And with the rate of how things have been lately that's about average what we should be expecting in any wave. For me Armadillo was the selling point. It's big, it's beautiful, it's damn near perfectly scaled and it's excellently obscure. Like I said, after that Eternals wave porcelain bomb this wave smells like a daisy. 

I didn't realize the black and gold suit had all that intricate tech printing between then web lines. That's damn impressive. Really looking forward to getting this wave, MCU and Spider-Man are my two biggest collections, so this ticks a ton of boxes for me. I may sell the BAF though, Armadillo was never really a Spider-Man villain.