Marvel Developing Halloween Special For Disney+

Outsiders

According to The Wrap, Marvel Studios is looking for a Latino male actor in his 30s to lead the cast of an untitled Halloween Special that will air on Disney+.

This Halloween special will begin production in early 2022 and the sources within say the character may be based on 'Werewolf By Night,' the name of two separate Marvel characters.

Jack Russell, the first character starred in the series, 'Werewolf By Night' series that ended in 1977 after 42 issues.  The character was created by Gerry Conway and Mike Ploog based on concepts by Stan Lee and Roy Thomas, and first appeared in a 1972 issue of 'Marvel Spotlight.'  Russell is a descendant of the mystically altered offshoot of humans known as Lycanthropes, who eventually becomes capable of transforming on his own volition even without a full moon, and retaining his intellect while transformed.

The second character, Jake Gomez, appeared last year in 'Werewolf By Night' (Vol. 3) #1. Created by the writing team of Taboo, Benjamin Jackendoff, and Scot Eaton, Gomez, a member of the Hopi Native American tribe whose family has been cursed with lycanthropy, comes in conflict with a nefarious pharmaceutical company exploiting members of the tribe.

It's still too early to say which version of 'Werewolf By Night' serves as the backdrop for the TV special.

Werewolf_By_Night.jpg

hoping it’s the Jack Russell  version. The story from the latest version starring Gomez was garbage. Not really the story you want a brand new character debuting in., Not that the original series was that stellar but I’m hoping classic all the way. 

Though Latino is his 30s points heavily to Gomez

... and here we go again with Marvel having two of every character running around

I so looked forward to the updated Werewolf By Night comic but it was too ridiculous and didn't warrant my money. I dropped it after the 2nd issue. But any film version must, MUST, feature the original Jack Russell character. Personally was rarely wowed by the look of  the Werewolf back then (but the comic had some fairly bland artwork) but theyve got much better techniques now to make him look as he should.  If they want to bring in another character played by a latino, fine, but give Russoff his due first.

NOW. As far as Halloween Specials go...I've been harping for over a year on this forum for the Legends team to get out a Marvel Monsters box set by Halloween. Tomb of Dracula, Werewolf by Night, Frankenstein's Monster, Satana, Living Mummy, Simon Garth Zombie....now THAT'S  a Halloween Special.

On 8/27/2021 at 5:39 PM, Atlantis said:

I so looked forward to the updated Werewolf By Night comic but it was too ridiculous and didn't warrant my money. I dropped it after the 2nd issue. But any film version must, MUST, feature the original Jack Russell character. Personally was rarely wowed by the look of  the Werewolf back then (but the comic had some fairly bland artwork) but theyve got much better techniques now to make him look as he should.  If they want to bring in another character played by a latino, fine, but give Russoff his due first.

NOW. As far as Halloween Specials go...I've been harping for over a year on this forum for the Legends team to get out a Marvel Monsters box set by Halloween. Tomb of Dracula, Werewolf by Night, Frankenstein's Monster, Satana, Living Mummy, Simon Garth Zombie....now THAT'S  a Halloween Special.

That's the way it is anymore. I buy almost all first issues, almost out of old habits, but actually getting into a comic is a tough task these days. The American comic book industry has a serious writing problem. Not to say my fandom is stuck in the 80's and 90's, but that is seriously the last time I remember them being that good. I do try to be current fan, but the hits come very much fewer than the misses.

Still, I would dig a Monsters wave and with a big ayass Werewolf by Night BAF like this one. They have the sculpts. They have basically everything they need, highlighted by the recent Morlun, who could serve as a good base for Dracula.

On 8/28/2021 at 1:04 PM, GrtWhiteCustoms said:

Oooh...a Monsters wave would be AWESOME!! They could have Drac and Werewolf as well as redoing Frank and Zombie. Throw in Lilith and a rerelease of Bloodstone....and maybe HELLSTORM?

I've been on this for a long time now. Hasbro is sitting on a gold mine. Making it a box set and something found on Pulse would allow them to go all out- a succubus's body, a Werewolf with a moveable jaw and lots of sharp white teeth, the hints of a rotted corpse behind filth ridden mummy wrappings, Dracula made as if Gene Colan willed him off the page....if they do it right, fans will be on this like flies on sh1t. I'm telling you right now, fans that never even heard of Marvel's monsters will want this. Hasbro Legends are sitting on facking gold here.  

And the topper.....don't even pre-announce it!. October rolls in and bam, its just there. 

On 8/28/2021 at 4:04 PM, GrtWhiteCustoms said:

Oooh...a Monsters wave would be AWESOME!! They could have Drac and Werewolf as well as redoing Frank and Zombie. Throw in Lilith and a rerelease of Bloodstone....and maybe HELLSTORM?

On 8/28/2021 at 4:40 PM, Atlantis said:

I've been on this for a long time now. Hasbro is sitting on a gold mine. Making it a box set and something found on Pulse would allow them to go all out- a succubus's body, a Werewolf with a moveable jaw and lots of sharp white teeth, the hints of a rotted corpse behind filth ridden mummy wrappings, Dracula made as if Gene Colan willed him off the page....if they do it right, fans will be on this like flies on sh1t. I'm telling you right now, fans that never even heard of Marvel's monsters will want this. Hasbro Legends are sitting on facking gold here.  

And the topper.....don't even pre-announce it!. October rolls in and bam, its just there. 

They could add the Lobo brothers to this as well.  Either way Im still backing you on this Atlantis.  

If this gives us a Werewolf by Night Legend, then that's the best aspect of all of this, also like we all been screaming, can we get a Halloween wave or Box set!

either way sure sounds fun a Werewolf by Night show or special I'm interested in regardless of which version of the character it is, as long as Taboo isn't acting in it or writing the screenplay 😄

• 1 month later...
On 8/28/2021 at 1:40 PM, Atlantis said:

Well... seeing how Halloween is next week and we haven't seen any kind of announcement for my Marvel Monsters box set idea, sadly it looks like yet another year passes without getting these. Too bad. I still say its something they should move on. ☹️

On 10/18/2021 at 4:42 PM, Atlantis said:

Well... seeing how Halloween is next week and we haven't seen any kind of announcement for my Marvel Monsters box set idea, sadly it looks like yet another year passes without getting these. Too bad. I still say its something they should move on. ☹️

Like they just done a Transformers/Dracula figure, so why can't we have some Marvel Monsters. Of course there is Pulsecon this weekend, so maybe you wish might come true.

On 10/18/2021 at 8:04 AM, leokearon said:

Like they just done a Transformers/Dracula figure, so why can't we have some Marvel Monsters. Of course there is Pulsecon this weekend, so maybe you wish might come true.

Hope springs eternal. Much like the eternal damnation awaiting any mortal who is foolish enough to ignore the blood- chilling Marvel Monsters box set.