The Last Of The Marvels Sees The Return Of The First Of The Marvels In New Captain Marvel #34 By Artgem

JayC

“The Last of the Marvels,” the highly anticipated arc in writer Kelly Thompson’s hit run on CAPTAIN MARVEL, kicks off next month when a mysterious villain begins to target the very legacy of the Captain Marvel mantle. The saga will feature Carol Danvers teaming up with other former Captain Marvels and Captain Marvel-inspired heroes including Genis-Vell, Kamala Khan, and perhaps even Mar-Vell himself!

Seen on Artgerm’s newly revealed variant cover for November’s CAPTAIN MARVEL #34, the original Captain Marvel is back in all his glory.

The Silver Age star met his untimely end in 1982’s legendary DEATH OF CAPTAIN MARVEL graphic novel. Will he make his grand return to combat this strange new threat and restore hope for Carol and the Captain Marvel name? Check out Artgerm’s variant cover below and don’t miss the reveal of the year in this exciting chapter of “Last of the Marvels” this November!

CAPTAIN MARVEL #34
Written by KELLY THOMPSON
Art by SERGIO DÁVILA
Main Cover by IBAN COELLO
Teaser Variant Cover by ARTGERM
Virgin Variant Cover by ARTGERM
On Sale 11/17!

image002.jpg

On 8/28/2021 at 7:20 PM, ADour said:

I can't believe the people saying that Marvel was trying to bury and ignore Mar-Vell and trying to establish Carol as the one and only Captain Marvel were right. Look at them, featuring him prominently in a variant cover, making his legacy the center of Carol's new story, teasing his potential return-- Wait a second.

Yeah, if I remember correctly Remender wanted to bring him back during his Uncanny Avengers run while Carol become Cap Marvel

Marvel (comics) has become such a predictable shadow of it's former self. Teasing the real Captain Marvel, the one everyone liked and wanted, just to try and get a sales boost. This gimmick will give the boost they want so they can claim the book is doing just fine, but Mar-Vell will go and the sales boost will depart with it. Marvel will never bring him back as the true Captain Marvel for fear of the mob loosing their isht, though it would ultimately be better for the company and the book.

On 8/29/2021 at 12:21 AM, monron999 said:

Marvel (comics) has become such a predictable shadow of it's former self. Teasing the real Captain Marvel, the one everyone liked and wanted, just to try and get a sales boost. This gimmick will give the boost they want so they can claim the book is doing just fine, but Mar-Vell will go and the sales boost will depart with it. Marvel will never bring him back as the true Captain Marvel for fear of the mob loosing their isht, though it would ultimately be better for the company and the book.

1*uh-iaRyF-dH5JPgP8m4CeQ.jpeg

Probably just one off story with some time/universe or some other gimmick, real return is doubtful because bringing Mar-vell back diminishes Starlin’s story  but then again with Marvel having periodical death of “insert name of character” it can be believable on some level, maybe as some mentor type figure because he has plenty of kids running around. Never personally cared for him tho I always liked Carol but in her Ms. Marvel days when she was considered in a way loser when everyone seemed to confuse her with some other hero or even when Avengers treated her horribly with  that whole nightmarish “giving birth to her rapist” story. Yet having that under dog vibe really made me love her as I did Spidey, but now as Cap Marvels she’s the most popular hero in marvel universe which is good for character growth but also kinda boring.  Personally to me  Monica was best Cap Marvel. 

On 8/28/2021 at 11:26 PM, leokearon said:

I don't see them bringing Mar-Vell back, they have teased his return before and have always revealed it to be either short-term or a fake.

I can see a story involving a Mar-Vell flashback or something along those lines. But bringing him back after all this time just cheapens  the story of his death. Then again they cheapened, and then debased, Gwen Stacy's death (I dropped reading Spider-Man after that crap. Who knows, they may have undone it thru a retcon by now. But that whole concept was itself, a retcon). 

I think about the action figure....thats one that really was botched and it was so unnecessary. Just a few tweaks and it would've been perfect. Really should have given him butterfly joints so that he could bang his Nega-Bands together to transform.

On 8/29/2021 at 1:48 AM, ADour said:

Aren't you the one ranting though? Also, what facts did you even bring up? I just see you talking about things that "will" happen. Did you see the future? Are you a wizard? I mean, do you have the crazy talk down to a T.

The answer is "yes" to all those questions, but admittedly with Marvel these days its not really all that hard to see what's next.

On 8/29/2021 at 4:57 AM, Atlantis said:

I can see a story involving a Mar-Vell flashback or something along those lines. But bringing him back after all this time just cheapens  the story of his death. Then again they cheapened, and then debased, Gwen Stacy's death (I dropped reading Spider-Man after that crap. Who knows, they may have undone it thru a retcon by now. But that whole concept was itself, a retcon). 

I think about the action figure....thats one that really was botched and it was so unnecessary. Just a few tweaks and it would've been perfect. Really should have given him butterfly joints so that he could bang his Nega-Bands together to transform.

It all depends on which so called writer's fever dream is up on deck next. When creativity is lost no ones death is sacred, anyone can come back from the dead and no ones history is off limits to a retcon. Only one things for sure. The real Captain Marvel will never come back, at least not in a capacity that might overshadow the anointed one.

On 8/29/2021 at 1:57 PM, Atlantis said:

Maybe Three pack when the new Cap Marvels movie will come out, Mar-Vell with Grey hair, first Apperance Ms. Marvel with Dark Avengers Moonstone head and Monica Cap Marvel. That would be really awesome three pack. 

On 8/29/2021 at 10:41 AM, SpiderS said:

Maybe Three pack when the new Cap Marvels movie will come out, Mar-Vell with Grey hair, first Apperance Ms. Marvel with Dark Avengers Moonstone head and Monica Cap Marvel. That would be really awesome three pack. 

That would be awesome

I also hope that whenever we get a Kree soldier troop builder it has an interchangeable white-haired Mar-Vell head. 

On 8/29/2021 at 1:57 AM, SpiderS said:

Probably just one off story with some time/universe or some other gimmick, real return is doubtful because bringing Mar-vell back diminishes Starlin’s story  but then again with Marvel having periodical death of “insert name of character” it can be believable on some level, maybe as some mentor type figure because he has plenty of kids running around. Never personally cared for him tho I always liked Carol but in her Ms. Marvel days when she was considered in a way loser when everyone seemed to confuse her with some other hero or even when Avengers treated her horribly with  that whole nightmarish “giving birth to her rapist” story. Yet having that under dog vibe really made me love her as I did Spidey, but now as Cap Marvels she’s the most popular hero in marvel universe which is good for character growth but also kinda boring.  Personally to me  Monica was best Cap Marvel. 

She's the "most popular hero in the MU"??? Crap, musta missed that memo with her title getting canked & renewed on a regular basis. Bring back her Warbird character & stop with the Tokenization of classic characters.  To me, Monica is Photon. Hopefully we get a figure of her in her 80s look.

On 8/29/2021 at 3:41 PM, SpiderS said:

That sounds like a good idea.

On 8/29/2021 at 10:16 AM, Gigantor said:

She's the "most popular hero in the MU"??? Crap, musta missed that memo with her title getting canked & renewed on a regular basis. Bring back her Warbird character & stop with the Tokenization of classic characters.  To me, Monica is Photon. Hopefully we get a figure of her in her 80s look.

This is the most successful the book has ever been since she became Cap Marvel, because they have a great writer on it 

On 8/29/2021 at 4:57 AM, Atlantis said:

They already cheapened his death during AvX