Haslab 2022 predictions?

tarot

Okay let get it out of the way. Yes I know alot of people don't like the Haslab system, which I can understand. HOWEVER!!!! time for a bit of fun. What do you guys think will be the 2022 Haslab project for Marvel next (if they do one, which they said they may)?

Personally I think they should go the Star Saber route and do a cheaper Giant character, around the 150 to 250 price. If I had to pick a theme, given that Thor is staring in his fourth movie and it is his anniversary, I think a Thor themed Haslab project would work great for this.

I'm taking Dwight idea and think they should go with Mangog with some Thor

Tier 1: Heimdall

Tier 2: Jane Fosters' Valkyrie

Tier 3: Can't think of anything beyond a character people would want outside of the project

I like the idea of Mangog, especially if it's a fraction of the price of Galactus. I don't think they'll make every stretch goal another figure, but the only other thing that I would really love that's not a character and is Thor related would be Thor's chariot pulled by his two giant goats Toothgrinder and Toothgnasher. But that would be so complex that it would be $100 if they packed it with Thor and sold it retail, so I know they're not going to pack that in as a bonus unlockable tier.

On 8/29/2021 at 7:13 PM, tarot said:

Tier 3: Can't think of anything beyond a character people would want outside of the project

They made a Lady Sif for the A-Force box set, right? They could do a simple redeco of Sif and offer her as a Tier. That wouldn't cost them much comparatively and it would give collectors who never got that set a chance to get Sif, just like they did with the Silver Surfer this time.

Shuma-Gorath

The central orb could be about ten to twelve inches in diameter and the tentacles would be about twelve inches long. Each of the tentacles would be articulated with bendy wire over a soft foam-rubbery kind of texture.

Tier 1: Baron Mordo (comics)

Tier 2: Tentacle extensions - make the tentacles ten to twelve inches longer. 

Tier 3: Wong (comics) 

spacer.png

I was thinking Fin Fang Foom might be a realistic choice. Considering they were making him to be the third Masterwork for Marvel Universe and it never got released. I really can not afford these and room plays a huge factor as well so I will never back these but will offer moral support if that counts for anything lol. Plus if I was to back one then I would baby it and never open it and thats no fun. Still I like to watch to see if these get backed and watch the tiers get unlocked.

On 8/29/2021 at 11:47 PM, GrtWhiteCustoms said:

For a  smaller figures at a lower price point....

The Watcher!!

At 9-10" it would be perfect 

Add a figure of Recorder at tier one.

Or The Supreme Intelligence in a glass tube with various kree warriors 

I would prefer that to be a SDCC exclusive or something. Great idea though

My vote goes to either a Fin Fang Foom, and Eternity looks cool too. I don't get the appeal of a Giant Man because it'll just be a 6" figure oversized. Yea they can add textures to his clothing but I've never liked that inconsistency (with some 6" figures having it and others not).

But I'm with @Dodge76 I can't justify paying these prices for a collectable that I have no room in my display for. Hindsight being 20/20 the Sentinel would've been a Haslab that I would've shelled money for (X-men only collector) but it's obviously too late now).

On 8/29/2021 at 6:13 PM, tarot said:

Okay let get it out of the way. Yes I know alot of people don't like the Haslab system, which I can understand. HOWEVER!!!! time for a bit of fun. What do you guys think will be the 2022 Haslab project for Marvel next (if they do one, which they said they may)?

Personally I think they should go the Star Saber route and do a cheaper Giant character, around the 150 to 250 price. If I had to pick a theme, given that Thor is staring in his fourth movie and it is his anniversary, I think a Thor themed Haslab project would work great for this.

I'm taking Dwight idea and think they should go with Mangog with some Thor

Tier 1: Heimdall

Tier 2: Jane Fosters' Valkyrie

Now this I can get behind. Not sure something like Eternity or Living Tribunal would catch much steam with the fans, but I could be wrong, it's happened before, but I'm pretty sure Mangog would make a pretty good run at it.

How bout this as the unlockables (shout out to @Hogun)

Tier 1: Hogun - Gotta get the best out there first

Tier 2: Fandral - Cuz he's the second "regular" sized guy

Tier 3: Volstagg - He would need a bigger, new sculpt.

Tier 4: Heimdall - He has the name recognition through the movies and we don't have a comic version yet.

On 8/30/2021 at 4:12 PM, monron999 said:

Now this I can get behind. Not sure something like Eternity or Living Tribunal would catch much steam with the fans, but I could be wrong, it's happened before, but I'm pretty sure Mangog would make a pretty good run at it.

How bout this as the unlockables (shout out to @Hogun)

Tier 1: Hogun - Gotta get the best out there first

Tier 2: Fandral - Cuz he's the second "regular" sized guy

Tier 3: Volstagg - He would need a bigger, new sculpt.

Tier 4: Heimdall - He has the name recognition through the movies and we don't have a comic version yet.

LOL I didn't want to put the three their because I knew our boy Hogun would be upset about it.

On 8/30/2021 at 12:26 AM, RyanDaly said:

They made a Lady Sif for the A-Force box set, right? They could do a simple redeco of Sif and offer her as a Tier. That wouldn't cost them much comparatively and it would give collectors who never got that set a chance to get Sif, just like they did with the Silver Surfer this time.

They had one planned for the Fan Choice vote last year, so they could release that version, given the design and that has already been done.

Marvel-Legends-Fan-Vote-02__scaled_800.j

On 8/30/2021 at 4:57 PM, leokearon said:

Personally, I can't think of a large character I really want; though I think it it should be smaller, like the Victory Saber HasLab.

Maybe instead of a large figure it could be a team, with the tiers being more members.

Sorry but I have to disagree with the team idea. You can make the argument that the larger figure would be harder for Retail to bring into their stores, if you were to do teams that can easily be placed in store, people would go ballistic. 

No, IMHO, Haslab should be keep for larger figures with extra stuff, vehicle that are too large for stores, like Punisher van or the X-wing, or playsets. 

On 8/30/2021 at 5:05 PM, tarot said:

Sorry but I have to disagree with the team idea. You can make the argument that the larger figure would be harder for Retail to bring into their stores, if you were to do teams that can easily be placed in store, people would go ballistic. 

No, IMHO, Haslab should be keep for larger figures with extra stuff, vehicle that are too large for stores, like Punisher van or the X-wing, or playsets. 

Then HasLab shouldn't have figures as tiers or add ons since they could be placed at retail. Also the upcoming Victory Saber could easily be brought into stores since it is just a Commander Class and a Leader Class two pack, which both figures could be sold separately if they wanted to and it is unlikely the combined robot will be taller than a Titan Class,.

I agree with @tarot on what types of projects HasLab should be used for. Additional figures are great motivators for stretch goals, but they can't be cost prohibitive to the company. Bastion, Silver Surfer, Nova... those are easy redecos with new heads, minimal cost. I'm amazed we're getting Morg with his unique sculpting. I assume (as someone else suggested) he would've been a BAF, a reward for collectors buying an entire wave. But it was a fantasy to expect a character as wildly distinct as Stardust, whose body could never be recycled for another character, would be given away for free to 20,000 collectors for purchasing Galactus.

Going forward, I don't think we'll see more than two additional figures as stretch goals unless the project is $400+; I also don't think figure projects, if they're smaller and less expensive, I don't think we'll get as many stretch goals. 

With all that being said, I've been trying to think of additional goals that could come with Fin Fang Foom. All I can think is a comic version of Mandarin, who has had so many costume changes in the comics it's okay if they make one exclusive to a pricey HasLab project because collectors can get another version at retail (like an Iron Man retro wave, perhaps). Maybe another wave could be a smoke effect that comes out of Foom's nostrils. 

@RyanDaly hey I like hearing Foom ideas. 🙂 There are many Iron Man armors too so perhaps they could offer one through here with a flight effect that can clip onto Foom.

4823FF94-12F3-44DE-BEBA-8634CA7C1F75.thumb.jpeg.6591942a59c51fc67dba7ebbc5e82fbb.jpeg

(This could be a standard piece/feature that comes with him already) a firebreathing effect with or without font. If he comes standard with red LED light eyes, maybe he can also get a light in his mouth that would glow through the fire effect 🤷‍♂️

5714F958-D6AD-42EC-AF51-3D929A49EF81.thumb.jpeg.e455d5bcc7cdfce7933d4adce10ce205.jpeg

And apparently The Collector captured him at one point so maybe he could be a tier fig … I dunno.

On 8/30/2021 at 2:29 PM, ADour said:

On the other hand, I wouldn't want him to be on HasLab. Not unless they avoided adding any superfluous electronics that really only help jack up the price tag.

The Sentinel and Galactus are uniquely popular characters with a footprint in pop culture. I can't think of any other character/creature that Hasbro could demand $350-400 for and expect to sell 20,000 units. If Fin Fang Foom was of comparable size to the other projects, Hasbro would have to skimp on something in order to make it cost more like $200-250. 

On 8/30/2021 at 1:29 PM, ADour said:

Fin Fang Foom would be a perfect character for HasLab.

On the other hand, I wouldn't want him to be on HasLab. Not unless they avoided adding any superfluous electronics that really only help jack up the price tag.

Shoot, I don’t care for light ups myself but still thought that could be a pretty neat effect, considering these last 2 projects feature light ups. I’d be very interested either way!

On 8/30/2021 at 2:34 PM, ADour said:

The only place for LEDs I can think of would be some kind of giant flame effect, but that'd still be superfluous IMO.

Since we're on the topic of Foom, I think it would be hilarious if one of the features was an interchangeable crotch and upper legs for both the pants and pantless looks.

The 4th tier will be an alternate head to create Fin Fang Doom. 😄