Haslab 2022 predictions?

tarot

Devil Dino is another perfect example for the smaller giant figure for the 150 - 250 range. Obviously he will come with Moon Girl. Yeah Moon Boy would be people's obvious choice but I think many younger readers are more familiar with Moon Girl these days in the comics and cartoons.

so something like Devil D with Moon girl.

Tier 1. Moon Boy - hey I said Moon girl should be the regular pack-in figure. Never said Moon Boy shouldn't come with it.

Tier 2. Skaar - Hulk is usually associated with Devil D and this is a great way to get a remade character that looks like the hulk and has a Cave man look. 

Tier 3. Old Lace - a dino. That plus it's hard to come up with a third tier.

On 8/30/2021 at 9:49 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

I'd back a Fing Fang Foom or Shuma Gorath, Mangog or Devil Dinosaur for sure.

but how about for a slightly smaller HasLab, it be Grendel Dragon.

and it can come with

Tier 1 Knull

Tier 2 Winged Venom

Tier 3 Absolute Carnage

Now that I would back. Venom is big at the moment in both movie and comic. Though I would swap either Venom or Carnage out with some one like Sleeper, Mania, Scourn or Raze. Venom and Carnage are too big to be include in this and they could make their way into the main line. Not the Foundation ones as well as if they were to be include in this people would go spare. 

Another option is to include Symbiote solider since Grendel could be considered an army builder.

On 8/30/2021 at 3:47 PM, tarot said:

Devil Dino is another perfect example for the smaller giant figure for the 150 - 250 range. Obviously he will come with Moon Girl. Yeah Moon Boy would be people's obvious choice but I think many younger readers are more familiar with Moon Girl these days in the comics and cartoons.

so something like Devil D with Moon girl.

Tier 1. Moon Boy - hey I said Moon girl should be the regular pack-in figure. Never said Moon Boy shouldn't come with it.

Tier 2. Skaar - Hulk is usually associated with Devil D and this is a great way to get a remade character that looks like the hulk and has a Cave man look. 

Tier 3. Old Lace - a dino. That plus it's hard to come up with a third tier.

What, no alt head to create Devil Doomisaur? 🙂

On 8/30/2021 at 5:01 PM, tarot said:

Now that I would back. Venom is big at the moment in both movie and comic. Though I would swap either Venom or Carnage out with some one like Sleeper, Mania, Scourn or Raze. Venom and Carnage are too big to be include in this and they could make their way into the main line. Not the Foundation ones as well as if they were to be include in this people would go spare. 

Another option is to include Symbiote solider since Grendel could be considered an army builder.

Yeah totally, and this was my thoughts when saying hey Grendel Dragon, because Venom is huge right now, and with the new movie looming (and likely coming out beginning of 2022), why not a Symbiote oriented HasLab, and of course easily swap out Venom & Carnage for someone more unknown, because of course Venom and Carnage would sell at regular retail, I was just freestyling off the head quick, would love any of those Symbiotes you mentioned.

maybe even a have it Knull, Demagoblin and two Carnage cult members female & male

I think they could do a Dylan Brock & Sleeper 2 pack, a non Haslab but maybe that's pushing it.

On 8/30/2021 at 10:09 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Yeah totally, and this was my thoughts when saying hey Grendel Dragon, because Venom is huge right now, and with the new movie looming (and likely coming out beginning of 2022), why not a Symbiote oriented HasLab, and of course easily swap out Venom & Carnage for someone more unknown, because of course Venom and Carnage would sell at regular retail, I was just freestyling off the head quick, would love any of those Symbiotes you mentioned.

maybe even a have it Knull, Demagoblin and two Carnage cult members female & male

I think they could do a Dylan Brock & Sleeper 2 pack, a non Haslab but maybe that's pushing it.

that works. 

and yeah I think we will get a Dylan venom soon. 

On 8/30/2021 at 4:38 PM, tarot said:

Nah if they do Foom, he will come with sculpted shorts. I remember with the Hulk wave version came out and their was a whole uproar over him not having the purple shorts.

I'm not joking he wouldn't come with pants, but with interchangeable sculpted parts to make him either pantful or pantless.

Alternatively, I'm not a fan of soft goods, but imagine if he came with fabric pants that could be stretched a bit so he could hold them like this:

4269616213_d4940c26c7.jpg After all, the Legends team does love Nextwave 😛

On 8/30/2021 at 5:01 PM, tarot said:

Though I would swap either Venom or Carnage out with some one like Sleeper, Mania, Scourn or Raze. Venom and Carnage are too big to be include in this and they could make their way into the main line.

Given what we just saw with Silver Surfer being a tier for Galactus (because you don't do one without the other even though the Walgreens Silver Surfer is going for triple digits on eBay), I think it's reasonable to include a Venom figure as a stretch goal for the symbiote dragon. They could simply cut costs by using a preexisting mold with a new head or new effects, maybe a slightly altered deco. 

On 8/30/2021 at 10:47 PM, RyanDaly said:

Given what we just saw with Silver Surfer being a tier for Galactus (because you don't do one without the other even though the Walgreens Silver Surfer is going for triple digits on eBay), I think it's reasonable to include a Venom figure as a stretch goal for the symbiote dragon. They could simply cut costs by using a preexisting mold with a new head or new effects, maybe a slightly altered deco. 

Surfer isn't as big as venom at the moment. He is a fan favourite but until they do something big with him, is has been regulated to b-list at the moment. at least and I hate to say this has I known people will jump on about it, until they bring in into the movies. Venom has had one of the best run of his series yet, some have even said that it is the best series in marvel at the moment. That and the second movie is coming. 

There also the fact that Venom has had 2 successful wave in Marvel Legends. Surfer has been regulated to exclusives at the moment.

I'm not a big supporter of Haslab at the moment, mainly because I havent seen a project yet that warranted the money they've been asking for.

HOWEVER....while I don't predict it for 2022, I could see it happening not long after- the Hulkbuster armor, with an opening canopy for a normal 6" Iron Man figure.

On 8/30/2021 at 11:39 PM, Atlantis said:

I'm not a big supporter of Haslab at the moment, mainly because I havent seen a project yet that warranted the money they've been asking for.

HOWEVER....while I don't predict it for 2022, I could see it happening not long after- the Hulkbuster armor, with an opening canopy for a normal 6" Iron Man figure.

Actually with the star saber being something similar I could see this happening.

On 8/30/2021 at 7:07 PM, GrtWhiteCustoms said:

X-men Blackbird? Not the SR-71 but one like was featured in the animated series 

Of all the possible vehicles, I think this is the most obvious candidate because of the strength of X-Men fandom and the jet's recognizability amongst fans of different ages. Still, the logistics of something that big, not just from production but for collectors who need to put it somewhere after they buy it. Hasbro is aware of this; the guys have talked about it on some of the press they did to promote this round. Where do you store a 4-5 foot long model jet? How do you display it with your other X-Men?

On 8/30/2021 at 6:39 PM, Atlantis said:

This I could get behind. Probably the only other figure I’d buy into for Haslab. Maybe Fing Fang Foom.. 

only problem, the Hulkbuster would have to be larger to fit a 6” figure inside, dont you’d think we’d lose articulation and it would possibly get too big and put it out of scale with the rest of the Legends..maybe they do a half sculpt like Cannonball so they only had to fit half a 6” figure in there, OR.. they design Tony to come apart at the waist, so if you put him in the HB Armor, it’s only his top half, or if you display him next to HB you can slap his legs back on..

On 8/30/2021 at 3:07 PM, GrtWhiteCustoms said:

X-men Blackbird? Not the SR-71 but one like was featured in the animated series 

Such a thing would be incredibly huge. Whereas the Fantasticar has to  seat 4 action figures, the Blackbird (either the Lockheed or the Forge design) would seat 6-7.

Fcar (by VERY rough, eyeball estimates-meaning I'm wrong as hell) would be about 28" long, 20" wide?? Maybe? But the X-jet would be way wider. Not saying it couldn't be done, but I think the Fantasticar would be easier to make. Maybe practice on that, and learn lessons to build the X-jet down the road. But the X-jet is likely better known and would get backing faster.

After Galactus, there are few characters I’d drop $400 on. I’d agree if they went smaller scale I’d be more likely to invest. 

As mentioned above a Hulkbuster could be cool. For my collection I’d lean towards a Giant-Man project. His scale would be near the same as the old ToyBiz version with modern articulation. 

For teirs:

1.Unmasked headsculpt. Take a page from MODOK and have interchangeable face plates hidden by the hair. Maybe angry, stoic.. smiling..

2. 6” Giant-Man/ Hank in lab coat ala the upcoming Reed Richards. Removable arms so he can be regular Giant -Man 

3. 6” Egg Head. Maybe throw on some accessories like the AIM scientist clip board.. a skrull looking hairdryer gun.. 

4. Ultron MK1. Sure he looked like an evil garbage can but he’d be perfect for this type of project. 

On 8/30/2021 at 10:02 PM, Atlantis said:

Such a thing would be incredibly huge. Whereas the Fantasticar has to  seat 4 action figures, the Blackbird (either the Lockheed or the Forge design) would seat 6-7.

Fcar (by VERY rough, eyeball estimates-meaning I'm wrong as hell) would be about 28" long, 20" wide?? Maybe? But the X-jet would be way wider. Not saying it couldn't be done, but I think the Fantasticar would be easier to make. Maybe practice on that, and learn lessons to build the X-jet down the road. 

I’d love a classic era Avengers Quinjet but cant honestly say how it’d be accomplished of where I’d store something that big.

Seats 4-6 Avengers, plus standing room.. it would be freaking amazing but it’s unfeasible. Even the waaaaay scaled down MCU version couldn’t fit more than 1 in the cockpit.. 

Has Haslab done to scale 6” vehicles for Star Wars? A tie fighter sounds familiar but if I’m remembering right it was massive and again only fit 1 figure..

On 8/30/2021 at 10:02 PM, Atlantis said:

Fcar (by VERY rough, eyeball estimates-meaning I'm wrong as hell) would be about 28" long, 20" wide?? Maybe? But the X-jet would be way wider. Not saying it couldn't be done, but I think the Fantasticar would be easier to make. Maybe practice on that, and learn lessons to build the X-jet down the road. But the X-jet is likely better known and would get backing faster.

All this time I've been thinking of the 'bathtub' Fantasticar. 

spacer.png

Top 10 HasLab projects I would like to see. These are all based on comics not MCU.

1. Shuma-Gorath -- I posted what I would like to see of this on the first page. Additional tiers include extensions for the tentacles and figures of Baron Mordo and Wong.
  2. Giant-Man -- I like how @McHogan laid out this figure and the tiers. I think to make it worthy of HasLab, Giant-Man should be in the 20-24 inch range. (Personally, I think the Hank Pym and Bill Foster versions of Goliath can be released as deluxe figures like Surtur, only they would be in the 13-16 inch range.)
  3. Frost Giant -- Around 20 inches, maybe a little more. Tiers would include alternate heads and alternate gear to customize and promote army building. Other tiers could include a new and improved comic book versions of Thor and Loki.
  4. Mangog -- Intended to be crouched over, but in the 18-20 inch range at its tallest. Tiers include classic Odin, Lady Sif, and ... uhh.... 
  5. FantastiCar -- Additional tiers include a display stand/flight effect, as well as de-powered Ben Grimm in FF costume and Mr. Fantastic with additional stretched arms, legs and torso.
  6. The Danger Room -- Part diorama, part playset. Additional tiers include extra obstacles, weapons, etc. as well as figures of Kitty Pryde in her training uniform from her earliest appearances, and Professor Xavier, either in a workman's shirt or redeco-ed suit and the wheelchair from the Patrick Stewart version. 
  7. Devil Dinosaur -- As @tarot described, includes Moon Girl. 
  8. Fin Fang Foom -- 28-32 inch range. Additional tiers include flame/blast effects and figures of Iron Man and the Mandarin.
  9. Hell Charger -- Comes with Ghost Rider Robbie Reyes and flame effects for the wheels, engine, and pipes. Additional tiers include an interchangeable de-powered Robbie head for Ghost Rider, flaming chain for Ghost Rider, and Blackout.
  10. Kree Supreme Intelligence -- just put a face inside a lava lamp. Additional tiers: Captain Marvel (white hair), Yon-Rogg (blue and white variant of green and white Kree uniform, which will eventually be made a troop builder), and Rick Jones.

Edited to include my tenth pick, which I temporarily forgot. 

On top of Foom, Giant Man & Devil Dino, I think I could possibly get behind Ultimo and Terminus as well.

98CC5CF7-FB83-4D0C-8552-FE693363D9D9.thumb.jpeg.ad34d91b5e07fefee091e4b9f59d0c74.jpegD72E5F80-60DD-4C21-8E30-72862E54B699.thumb.jpeg.f81c80bd7d2aae34189a62ede8cc3285.jpeg

and I don’t know what size everyone prefers but I could go for a bigger, better looking Kree Sentry too. And can be army built so ..he’s got that going for him.
7E0EC8C0-6226-4D71-B13C-08B4DBF73AF0.thumb.jpeg.2a4bed424b18111120b881ad440370c2.jpeg

On 8/31/2021 at 12:13 PM, MODADDYDODOK said:

and I don’t know what size everyone prefers but I could go for a bigger, better looking Kree Sentry too. And can be army built so ..he’s got that going for him.
7E0EC8C0-6226-4D71-B13C-08B4DBF73AF0.thumb.jpeg.2a4bed424b18111120b881ad440370c2.jpeg

This is one where I don't care much for accurate scale. I would rather the BAF get redeco-ed and re-released as a fan-channel exclusive or something so I could get three or four.

The one I want most is Knull with a Symbiote Dragon. Include army building Symbiotes for stretch goal figures.

I'd also like to see a line of Haslabs that are smaller scale, in the $100-150 range, for characters too big to be BAFs but too niche to get retail space relative to the price they'd cost. Devil Dinosaur, Shuma Gorath, Robbie's Hell-Charger, etc