Marvel Legends Disney+ Wave 2 In-Hand Figure Images

JayC

On 9/2/2021 at 9:50 AM, mako said:

I really wish the character selection were better, because I really love the animated styling. Thus far, the only figures I'm even considering buying (and keeping) are Captain Carter and Hydra-Stomper.

Then again, I find myself reexamining exactly how much I truly NEED a Watcher, so I may just leave this wave at the wayside and stick with the straight comic stuff.

I would agree that most fans "need" some sort of Watcher for their collection, but not this Watcher. I wanted it at first but there is honestly nothing about this thing that is right. I mean the look is okay in the terms that he's a bald, blank stare-y type guy with a huge head, but if I'm gonna be convinced I need a Watcher it better be a hella lot better than some kinda tall guy (yet shorter than the Stomper) that is only suitable to stand in the background. I'm not expecting some Haslab type project for the Watcher, but hey, how about a diorama with a 3D type effect or embossed pop out of a giant Watcher face that you can set behind a display that won't take up too much space? We need to start thinking outside the box for these fringy type things that definitely have a fan base and desire, but might not garner as much demand as say a Sentinel or Galactus.

On 9/2/2021 at 12:50 PM, Gigantor said:

Mo $$ saved! Thanks Hasbro! Anyone know when the Skrull army builders go up?

I don't believe that has been announced, but I'm expecting it to be during or right after PulseCon in late October. Hopefully sooner because that still feels like a long ways away! Of course the black hand ninja was announced before the skrull or SHIELD army builders and they're not shipping until March supposedly....

Wave is cool for what it is, only planning on getting Captain Carter, Zombie Cap, Sylvie & Nebula , plan on painting Nebula's hair a dark purple.

cool looking for the most part, but the majority of these figures really don't feel I need in my collection, wish the Dr. Strange was the other Dr. Strange from that Episode, also would have been cool to see a few figs from Episode 3, maybe some time down the line.

On 9/2/2021 at 10:23 AM, glhshelby said:

But I’m not sure how the character selection could have been “better”. 

Nick Fury, Red Skull, Hank Pym / Yellowjacket, Coulson, Wong, the Ancient, maybe extra parts to turn Strange Supreme into Strange? That's the trouble with trying to fit an entire movie or series into a single wave, you'll never get everyone.

On 9/2/2021 at 2:42 PM, mako said:

Nick Fury, Red Skull, Hank Pym / Yellowjacket, Coulson, Wong, the Ancient, maybe extra parts to turn Strange Supreme into Strange? That's the trouble with trying to fit an entire movie or series into a single wave, you'll never get everyone.

Agree on it would have been awesome to see some figs from Episode 3, I.E. Nick Fury and Pym Yellowjacket, also Black Widow. Wong would have been cool too, but I'm guessing we will see a Wong that looks similar in the new Strange wave next year, also probably will get a new Nick Fury similair in the Secret Invasion batch of figures.

On 9/1/2021 at 4:15 PM, ransomz said:

I wonder if the Watcher race are going to play some part in the MCU, maybe when the introduce Galactus.

I just hope when Legends does the comic accurate Watcher, they'll use the EARLY Kirby/Byrne model. Alien, ethereal...Kirby started off this way but very soon wound up making him look like pudgy and a lot of artists just went with that. He shouldn't look  that human. The over-large head, smaller facial features, smaller body make him look that much more alien. Byrne seemed to adopt this earlier look and it conveys that "other wordly" aspect he should have. This version is good, but at the same time I find the facial features too deep and weathered, and human, for my tastes. 

On 9/2/2021 at 12:52 PM, RyanDaly said:

As I understand it, WHAT IF..? is going to be two seasons of ten episodes each. That is... a lot of variations of characters, possibly a hundred. I'm sure the team will try to get some as many of the popular ones as they can, but it'll take a while if they can only release a couple at a time. 

Just depends on which they choose to do.  I don't see any from the "Antman" episode (or whatever you want to call it), and that was my favorite so far!  😞

On 9/2/2021 at 3:04 PM, Atlantis said:

I just hope when Legends does the comic accurate Watcher

Assuming that they even do, of course. I've been collecting this 6" line since the late 90's before it was called Legends and this animated BAF version is the first time time either ToyBiz or Hasbro has put out a Watcher figure in 20+ years, I wouldn't just assume that they'll do another. I strongly prefer comic versions, but when they put out a MCU version of someone like Nebula, Executioner, Collector, Grandmaster, Yondu, Surtur, etc. or a Marvel Select version of someone like Mephisto or Uatu, or a Mezco 1:12 of Lockjaw then I make sure I get if I want them because I've learned after 20+ years that there's no guarantee that we'll see another version in this scale later (unless it an A-Lister and then you're guaranteed at least two new versions every year). Look at some of the characters that we've never gotten in all that time to see what I mean...

At one point I even thought that this line might be over when Hasbro tried to pivot to the 1/18th (3.75") scale. I'm so glad that didn't work out the way that they intended. I fell in love with this line during the Toy Biz days when that type of articulation and quality at an affordable price point was still unheard of and I've been hooked ever since. Hasbro reduced the level of articulation, but has taken the level of quality to a whole different level over the last few years while still being moderately affordable compared to many other competitors doing this scale of figure.

Well In all fairness to Hasbro they seem to be picking the original designs from the series.

ep1 Carter and Stomper  no need to Dum Dum, Bucky and the Red Skull as they could appear in future live action movies and are basically the same design

Ep2 Nebula and T'Challa (I expect Thanos and Grandmaster soon), No need for Yondu, Kragger, Howard and Tazer since they are all just the MCU designs

Ep3 All but one are just the MCU designs. I expect Yellowjacket in a future wave. 

Ep4 is just Evil Strange. Yes they could have made the Ancient one and Wong but they could be placed in future wave.

On 9/2/2021 at 4:25 PM, Virtualzach said:

Just depends on which they choose to do.  I don't see any from the "Antman" episode (or whatever you want to call it), and that was my favorite so far!  😞

I like that one too, but I can understand why they didn't show up in this first wave. For one thing, the main heroes (Fury, Coulson, and Nat) looked just like they do in the movies. Doing them in the animated style would be different than the regular MCU versions, but I'm sure Marvel and Hasbro wanted to showcase the more obvious deviations in character design. And as for Pym/Yellowjacket... that could have been to avoid spoiling the end of the episode. I don't think Yellowjacket ever appeared in any of the promotional trailers for the show, and images of the figures were out months ago. Maybe they weren't allowed to make him in the first wave. Or they might've thought Zombie Cap and Sorcerer Spider-Man would be more popular. 

On 9/1/2021 at 4:10 AM, JayC said:
6148911.jpg

IMG202108282154521.jpg

The more I see that HS the more I like it. I was a bit put off by the very limited elbow/knee bend but then again, this is a WWII pre Stark Iron Man era suit of armor....it wouldn't have the same features as a sophisticated weapon system designed 80+ years in the future would.  Given the design parameters and mission purpose for weapon,  agility and flexibility aren't as required. And I like that they made the rocket pods articulated; its a very nice, cool feature that I'm looking forward to!

From a Customizer's perspective, Captain Carter is my fav... love the bold super soldier physique and the double-jointed elbows. i think she has waist-rotation, since the Heist Nebula fig has it. But adding a boot-swivel joint, multiple hands, and an extra head sculpt,  would have made Carter perfect.

Thinking of eventually customizing four toys of her, to make some special Classified Cobra Vipers...

Without her "coat", I noticed that Sylvie's arms look far too skinny for the rest of her body... which seems to be an androgynous body mold - not the wisest choice.

Lastly, with some quality acrylic paints, silver, red and gold metallic colors, then a repainted Hydra Stomper could stand next to a Hulkbuster and possibly outshine it.

On 9/2/2021 at 12:29 PM, Reno said:

"Assuming that they even do, of course... I wouldn't just assume that they'll do another...I've learned after 20+ years that there's no guarantee that we'll see another version in this scale..."

Definitely hear you about that....however in this case, the Watcher's a very much in demand figure, and the Legends are celebrating the Fantastic Four's anniversary, so I have high hopes we'll get him in his real form by next year.

Yeah I too want a Watcher but this isn’t what I think of when I think of Uatu. I’m mostly “meh” on the What if ? Wave anyway then to not get a classic Watcher is a bit of a bummer. 

I have the Select one on order from Dorkside, that will be my go to Watcher unless Legends ever gives us a classic version.they MIGHT revisit a classic version down the road.. . hey I mean how many times have we gotten an Abomination as a BAF? 2-3 times?  

On 9/3/2021 at 6:16 AM, McHogan said:

"...hey I mean how many times have we gotten an Abomination as a BAF? 2-3 times? " 

Yes but of those times, how many were where he was done correctly?  The last one was very good, but should have been way bigger and shouldve had fists along with the open hands. He's not looking too good getting into a slap fight with the Incredible Hulk. Although I hope they use that figure for Ch'od! Modify his head and give him his signature weapon, and its all good.

On 9/3/2021 at 4:54 PM, Atlantis said:

Yes but of those times, how many were where he was done correctly?  The last one was very good, but should have been way bigger and shouldve had fists along with the open hands. He's not looking too good getting into a slap fight with the Incredible Hulk. Although I hope they use that figure for Ch'od! Modify his head and give him his signature weapon, and its all good.

It’s funny I almost noted that although Abomination has had quite a few opportunities for a BAF, but the community was torn on the execution. 

And I don’t see the Watcher getting a third shot but who knows, Hasbro dies like to dabble in the classics..

On 9/1/2021 at 4:38 AM, JayC said:

01.jpg

IMG202108291750031.jpg

IMG202108291809231.jpg

Seems like the show's designers were going for a kind of bland, stale, 1950s-1970s flavor if you will, and if so, they succeeded. I'm not hating on the figures because they look as they were intended to. Kudos. But outside of crowd filling fodder, these don't appeal to me.

On 9/3/2021 at 1:06 PM, nighthawk said:

I never planned to get the Hydra Stomper cause of the price increase across the board.  However, when I saw it, I broke down and got it.  It's a very heavy figure.  I almost dropped the box when I picked it up not realizing how heavy it would be.  Here's a picture of him with my Captain Carter and a custom.

20210902_223231_copy_756x1008.jpg

Looks good 

I’m sorry but the strange and watcher from this wave are bad. Strange looks like he has been on a weeks long bender with no sleep. I haven’t seen the show yet ( although I’m going to check it out) but if that is the look they were going for then they killed it. And the watcher looks like someone with a big head whom has been starved to death. No chance I’m picking those up. Sad since I’ve been wanting a watcher for many years. 

captain carter looks really good though.