Marvel Comics Reveals First Look At Eight New Tentpole Titles

JayC

In celebration of Marvel’s Birthday today, Marvel Comics revealed its first look at eight new tentpole titles that will shape the future of the Marvel Universe in the months to come.

All hell breaks loose in the Marvel Universe as The Kingpin finally declares all-out war on the heroes in Devil’s Reign! Having set the stage in their Eisner-nominated Daredevil epic, Chip Zdarsky and Marco Checchetto’s far-reaching crossover event finds Mayor Fisk outlawing all Super Heroes in New York and unleashing intel on all their dark secrets, while pitting Daredevil, Elektra, Captain America, Iron Man, Spider-Man, the Fantastic Four and many more against his Thunderbolt agents. But in the end…Who Will Reign?

Marvel Comics’ Avengers Forever pulls together archeologist Tony Stark aka the Invincible Ant-Man and Avengers from across the multiverse to bring order to timelines where ‘hope’ is a four letter word. Jason Aaron and Aaron Kuder present an all-new series that will redefine the Avengers as…the Multiverse’s Mightiest Heroes.

The future of the Marvel Universe is here, and Timeless is where it all begins. When a threatening new timeline emerges, Kang the Conqueror must fight his way through the coming year to protect the main 616 timeline he’s worked centuries to solidify as his own. Jed MacKay, Kev Walker, Joe Bennett, Mark Bagley and more provide a first look at what’s coming to the Marvel Universe in 2022 in a story that will prove…the Future is Timeless.

House of X and Powers of X ushered in The First Krakoan Age of the X-Men. Now, Marvel Comics’ X Lives of Wolverine and X Deaths of Wolverine will test ‘the best there is at what he does’ before any mutant can survive to The Second Krakoan Age. Benjamin Percy, Joshua Cassara and Federico Vicentini tell two interlocked tales about what happens to Wolverine when…His Pasts Meet His Future.

Marvel Comics’ She-Hulk, from Rainbow Rowell and Rogê Antônio, throws the book at Jennifer Walters as she tries to put her rage-filled days behind her and return to practicing law in defense of the innocent. But when a friend from her past comes knocking with a mystery she can’t resist, She-Hulk gets…Back To Bashing.

Dan Slott is joined by Carlos Pacheco and Rachael Stott for Marvel Comics’ Fantastic Four: Reckoning War, an epic saga over 15 years in the making. The original secret war of the Marvel Universe has been reignited and every living being in reality is in danger, for we are finally at…Our Day Of Reckoning.

Lunella Lafayette and her lovable twenty-foot dinosaur are BACK in Marvel Comics’ Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur. But what shape will their partnership take in this exciting new era? Keep your eyes peeled in the coming months for more news about the next adventure of the biggest brain in the world that will send dino-sized shockwaves throughout the Marvel Universe. In 2022, Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur will bring new meaning to the term “Marvel Team-Up” in a tale that promises to... Shake Your World.

Avengers-Forever.jpg

Devil's-Reign.jpg

FantasticFour.jpg

MarvelComics.jpg

Moon-Girl.jpg

SheHulk.jpg

Timeless.jpg

X-LivesDeaths.jpg

The only ones worth are Devil’s Reign, She-Hulk, Moon Girl & DD, and Timeless (Jed McKay is a decent writer). 
Avengers is just trash right now, Aaron needs to let go of the title. F4 is meh, and after what was done with Johnny just bad. I’m not reading Wolverine so I don’t care, SWORD is the only X-Title I’m reading right now 

I'm excited for Timeless because of MacKay, plus the art team is solid. I'll check out She-Hulk because of Rainbow Rowell, I have no attachment to She-Hulk but I loved Rowell's Runaways so I'm glad that wasn't her only Marvel gig. It's also neat to see Slott getting to do the Reckoning War after teasing it so long ago, plus it will give him something to focus on instead of unnecessary family drama.

I'm cautiously optimistic for Avengers Forever because I like Exiles-type stories, plus it's spearheaded by an alternate Tony Stark. However, I don't trust Aaron with writing Tony. I guess it's a double edged sword. At least Aaron Kuder will make it look pretty.

I've heard great things about Zdarsky's Daredevil, but I feel like it's a bit too late to jump in so I'll be skipping Devil's Reign. I'm not into the X-Men, so there goes Wolverine. And I'm also not interested for Moon Girl, though I guess it's neat that she's got a new book considering I've heard her previous ongoing did really well with middle-grade readers.

More rehashing of older, better ideas I see. There's only one Avengers Forever and that's the Kurt Busiek masterpiece. Not only are they re-using the old title but it's being written by Jason Aaron. Yeah, that really instills hope for the story. Also, I guess we're to the point that everything needs laying out like an MCU phase now? Awesome.

Devil's Regin for me since Chip's Daredevil has been quite fun. Don't really care for Dan Slott or Jason Aaron so that is a easy pass. Timeless may be fun although it's just being written because Kang is coming to MCU. Sad as it is comics are mainly just advertisements for movies now 

I'm glad Slott is finally getting his Reckoning but I haven't enjoyed a Slott book since... maybe his Mighty Avengers? It's been a hot minute.

Avengers Forever sounds like a bad idea, but it also sounds like it could be a big finish kind of idea, so let's hope this finally ends this trash fire run.

She-Hulk, Timeless, and the Daredevil event are all things I'm in for.

Kang headlining a book is a fun idea, I’ve always loved Kang and the recent Marvel Legend did him justice. 

The best characterization of him for me remain the original Avengers Forever and the nearly 2 year MASTERPIECE Kang Dynasty, not coincidently both written by Kurt Busiek. 

Be cool to his Anachronauts again as well

Sadly the house of ideas continues to show that it is running out of ideas. 

• Devil's Reign sounds a lot like Dark Reign, mixed with Civil War.
  • Avengers Forever is like well Avengers Forever but without address in the continuity problems
  • She Hulk sounds a lot like Slott's She Hulk
  • Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur doesn't seem to be doing much different from the previous runs
  • X of Wolverine sounds like most of the wolverine stories recently.

Yeah very little to get me interested

On 9/1/2021 at 2:57 AM, leokearon said:

• Avengers Forever is like well Avengers Forever but without address in the continuity problems
  • Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur doesn't seem to be doing much different from the previous runs

It's like the "writers" are just playing a comic book version of "Mad Libs" and inserting a different character.

Note: for you younger people, Mad Libs have nothing to do with politics. It's from these things we called books and it had a pre-formed story format where you just inserted random verbs and nouns in certain places and when you read the stories they turned put about as ridiculous as modern comics.

On 9/1/2021 at 2:57 AM, leokearon said:

Like I've stated before, they're just throwing caca at the wall and going with what sticks. BTW... how's their New Warriors reboot doing?

On 9/1/2021 at 4:57 AM, leokearon said:

That's... quite the takeaway considering all that's been announced so far about She-Hulk is that Jennifer will be back to being a lawyer and about Moon Girl that it's going to star Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur. The first one is the character's normal setting and the second one is literally just the protagonists. That's all the blurbs accompanying the announcements said.

I feel like if you were to tell me an Iron Man run sounds an awful lot like a previous run because it stars Tony Stark being an inventor.

On 9/2/2021 at 5:18 AM, ADour said:

That's... quite the takeaway considering all that's been announced so far about She-Hulk is that Jennifer will be back to being a lawyer and about Moon Girl that it's going to star Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur. The first one is the character's normal setting and the second one is literally just the protagonists. That's all the blurbs accompanying the announcements said.

I feel like if you were to tell me an Iron Man run sounds an awful lot like a previous run because it stars Tony Stark being an inventor.

Jen maybe a lawyer, but it was Slott's run were she actually tried to go back and be one, instead of just smashing badguys which is what she was just doing at the time. This sounds very similar. Jen is trying to be a lawyer again after just bashing brains.

Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur again sounds like their last runs and stories where they did team up with a lot of Marvel characters. So yes, in my opinion they do sound a lot like previous runs.

On 9/2/2021 at 4:09 AM, leokearon said:

Jen maybe a lawyer, but it was Slott's run were she actually tried to go back and be one, instead of just smashing badguys which is what she was just doing at the time. This sounds very similar. Jen is trying to be a lawyer again after just bashing brains.

Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur again sounds like their last runs and stories where they did team up with a lot of Marvel characters. So yes, in my opinion they do sound a lot like previous runs.

Water is wet. Unbelieavable.

On 9/2/2021 at 2:52 PM, Gigantor said:

We get it man, you love & defend everything Marvel puts out.

Oh, man. This must be the dementia kicking in. I've already mentioned that I don't mind critical thinking... as long as the "thinking" part isn't excluded, like it happens in this forum.

I can mention and I have mentioned the things I don't like about current Marvel. I can complain about Jason Aaron's Avengers, I can complain about Christopher Cantwell's Iron Man (imagine how I must feel that my all-time favorite character is in the hands of such inept writer), I can complain about Donny Cates' Venom and how much I dread his upcoming Hulk after Al Ewing's beautifully-crafted instant classic run. Heck, I could even nitpick about books I enjoy moderately like Nick Spencer's Amazing Spider-Man, Kelly Thompson's Captain Marvel or Dan Slott's Fantastic Four.

In other online communities I even actively diss some of these books. But you know what's the difference between me and you? That I just named all of those writers and series. You can't. Because you have no idea of what you're talking about. All you do is yap based on hearsay, speculation and breadcrumbs of information.

I would like to bring up something you said. You called all of these announcements crap.

Personally, I can tell you why I think She-Hulk will be fantastic. Because she's back to her regular self after Jason Aaron bastardized her by making her closer to Bruce Banner in both temper and physique, and because the book is being written by Rainbow Rowell. A writer who just finished a fantastic 38-issue run on Runaways, where she showed a deep care for both characters and continuity. She also did a one-page feature starring She-Hulk in Marvel Comics #1000 that was wonderful.

Now... what can you say to back up calling it crap? What has actually formed your opinion? Nothing. That's what I'm getting to any time I poke fun of you old timers. Not that you're criticizing Marvel, but that you're doing so ignorantly.

To better illustrate my point. I will go a different route and explain why I think Avengers Forever will be crap. Because it's written by Jason Aaron, a creator so infamous that other writers poke fun at him in their own books. He's a guy so obsessed with leaving a mark that his books are characterized by drastic and nonsensical retcons or status quo changes. His books are full of purple prose they become a drag to read. He writes the Avengers like caricatures of themselves, and one of the worst offenders is his Tony Stark. This Avengers Forever book will star (an alternate version of) Tony Stark, so I don't trust he will do the character justice.

That's why I can tell you this book will be crap. But what can you say to back up calling it crap?

I will start by saying....I No longer read comics...so my opinion is just that "AN OPINION" 

I'm always looking for something to get me back into comics but nothing has held me for more than 3-4 months ( Im looking at you HoX!)

I'm glad to see She Hulk back to normal. I like the idea of her going back to her roots as an attorney.

Devil Dinosaur & Moon Girl.... I read the original Kirby stuff. What happend to Moon Boy? Is it the same Dino?

The AVENGERS title sounds promising. I LOVED Avengers Forever. 

FF...with what I've read about what has happened in their book...I just don't see this being GREAT. 

Wolverine ...hmmm....maybe.