Jump to content

2022 Legends poll


LordVenger
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 9/2/2021 at 9:13 PM, Atlantis said:

1. The Vision, this time done ACCURATELY

2. Savage Sub-Mariner/70s Sub-Mariner

3. Red Wolf + Lobo

4. Classic Falcon + Redwing with articulated wings

5. Equinox -running change with translucent Ice/Fire   Fire/Ice figures

    Its murder keeping this at 5 'cause I really want Yellowjacket, he's long over due! He almost edged out Redwolf, but YJ has a better chance of getting made sooner than RW. But rules are rules.

I've seen this a couple times, why does everyone hate on the Vintage Collection Vision?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/2/2021 at 10:58 PM, AnotherPunkChef said:

I've seen this a couple times, why does everyone hate on the Vintage Collection Vision?

He was done on the wrong buck. Vision is 6'3  300lbs. Sunfire buck is for characters in the 5'10 , 6ft range. Boots need to be sculpted instead of painted on. Needs optic beam FX. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/2/2021 at 7:58 PM, AnotherPunkChef said:

I've seen this a couple times, why does everyone hate on the Vintage Collection Vision?

Because its sloppy and inaccurate, is why. 

The colors are great. However:

The body mold is too small for the Vision. Even the buckycap mold is bigger. I really wish they'd take this Sunfire mold and just make it bigger, because its got some great articulation.

His solar gem is great. He has no ear cups (even though they did it for the Alex Ross /3 pack with Cap Falc costume). The eyes really should be all black, or black with yellow pin points, but I can let this slide.

His classic cape is supposed to have a cord around the collar. Neither Toybiz nor Hasbro have ever done his cape correctly  and it makes no sense. They got it right for the Taskmaster (Vision doesnt have those circular clasps) so there's no excuse. 

His belt is painted on, and sloppy, and it looks like a girdle or corset. Even Puma and Night Thrasher's belts came closer.

They painted on a kind of "trunks" look instead of the traditional speedo. It really throws off his look.

The boots are painted on, sloppy, and they look horrible. On this figure they really, really look bad. DC Collectibles does boots correctly (pointed end) so again, no excuse. Even the Ares BAF Vision got the boots better....there's no boot cut swivel, but at least they're pointed to the knee as its supposed to be. 

The "vintage" Vision is somewhat better than the other versions, true. But considering how sloppy the others were done, thats not saying much. They really only need to do a few tweaks to make him the way he's supposed to be.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/3/2021 at 12:05 AM, MODADDYDODOK said:

Ya Vision could be bigger for sure. I gotta say though that it’s mainly the deco for me. I think toybiz did it way better. And this vintage one’s undies look weird, right? Not like the traditional speedo. Or am I alone on that one haha

You're not alone, should be speedos, not trunks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/3/2021 at 2:36 AM, Atlantis said:

Because its sloppy and inaccurate, is why. 

The colors are great. However:

The body mold is too small for the Vision. Even the buckycap mold is bigger. I really wish they'd take this Sunfire mold and just make it bigger, because its got some great articulation.

His solar gem is great. He has no ear cups (even though they did it for the Alex Ross /3 pack with Cap Falc costume). The eyes really should be all black, or black with yellow pin points, but I can let this slide.

His classic cape is supposed to have a cord around the collar. Neither Toybiz nor Hasbro have ever done his cape correctly  and it makes no sense. They got it right for the Taskmaster (Vision doesnt have those circular clasps) so there's no excuse. 

His belt is painted on, and sloppy, and it looks like a girdle or corset. Even Puma and Night Thrasher's belts came closer.

They painted on a kind of "trunks" look instead of the traditional speedo. It really throws off his look.

The boots are painted on, sloppy, and they look horrible. On this figure they really, really look bad. DC Collectibles does boots correctly (pointed end) so again, no excuse. Even the Ares BAF Vision got the boots better....there's no boot cut swivel, but at least they're pointed to the knee as its supposed to be. 

The "vintage" Vision is somewhat better than the other versions, true. But considering how sloppy the others were done, thats not saying much. They really only need to do a few tweaks to make him the way he's supposed to be.

Wow, I did not know there were so many inaccuracies with that figure....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/3/2021 at 2:35 PM, AnotherPunkChef said:

Wow, I did not know there were so many inaccuracies with that figure....

Eh.. close enough.. if they released a 100% accurate version I’d grab it for sure but until then this is an awesome version

plus, knowing Hasbro, they’d finally make the 100% perfect SCULPTED Vision but have gold instead of yellow, and the wrong green. 

Best take what we can get. 

You can not imagine how happy i was to get the version of the Black Knight that we’d got. Head swaps and cutting off the lower tunic allowed for the perfect 70’s AND 80’s version ( 60’s two If you count the third head sculpt).. yes I’d have preferred the chain mail to be less blue and more gray and I DID snag an extra Maddox unmasked head for an unmasked Dane .. over all Hasbro gave me no reason to ever want another Black Knight figure ( unless of course we get an MCU version!!!)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/10/2021 at 7:18 PM, McHogan said:

"....Eh.. close enough.. if they released a 100% accurate version I’d grab it for sure but until then this is an awesome version..."

"Close enough" is probably the mantra they were chanting when they made this shabby work, and its a shameful mindset too many people have these days. This is why so many fans are at times disappointed with Legends- they could do better, they just choose not to.

But in a line that's brought us the likes of War Machine, Modular Iron Man, Rogue, Maverick, it just isn't acceptable. The quality, craft, and attention to detail on these examples are perfect. All I (and others) ask for on the Vision....is to get it right

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/16/2021 at 1:04 PM, eeron123 said:

Ok I Here is my list 

1. Ghost Rider Robbie Reyes I want the hell charger tho maybe a new price point or a cheaper haslab?

2. Ghost Rider Dany Ketch More Classic Costume 

3. Classic Doctor Strange 

4 A-Bomb Rick Jones 

5. Weapon H 

Robbie Reyes w/ Hellcharger seems like it could/would do fine as a general or exclusive release 🤷‍♂️ The charger isnt thAtt fancy is it? and plus, modern GhOsT RiDeR….on offer for 1.5 months… for one time only??

8557D661-7EC8-4BA4-A2A0-6C03EADF8E92.thumb.gif.a00eafb8b0b064e48e910b2ab7486641.gif

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/17/2021 at 2:36 AM, MODADDYDODOK said:

Robbie Reyes w/ Hellcharger seems like it could/would do fine as a general or exclusive release 🤷‍♂️ The charger isnt thAtt fancy is it? and plus, modern GhOsT RiDeR….on offer for 1.5 months… for one time only??

8557D661-7EC8-4BA4-A2A0-6C03EADF8E92.thumb.gif.a00eafb8b0b064e48e910b2ab7486641.gif

 

I really can't imagine the Hellcharger at retail. If a bike goes for $40 now, an in-scale muscle car is probably in the $150ish range and take a lot of retail space, and I just don't think Robbie carries the cache to move enough units to justify that cost at general market.

Robbie on his own? Easy sell, just like Blaze in the Rhino wave a few years back. But the car is enough plastic, unique tooling and fire effect parts to make work that I don't see it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/17/2021 at 2:36 AM, MODADDYDODOK said:

Robbie Reyes w/ Hellcharger seems like it could/would do fine as a general or exclusive release 🤷‍♂️ The charger isnt thAtt fancy is it? and plus, modern GhOsT RiDeR….on offer for 1.5 months… for one time only??

8557D661-7EC8-4BA4-A2A0-6C03EADF8E92.thumb.gif.a00eafb8b0b064e48e910b2ab7486641.gif

 

Idk I'm just afraid that hasbro would be afraid to take such a big risk on a vehicle like that with out a guaranteed profit either way I hope we see it!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/17/2021 at 2:52 AM, Fyrefly21 said:

I really can't imagine the Hellcharger at retail. If a bike goes for $40 now, an in-scale muscle car is probably in the $150ish range and take a lot of retail space, and I just don't think Robbie carries the cache to move enough units to justify that cost at general market.

Robbie on his own? Easy sell, just like Blaze in the Rhino wave a few years back. But the car is enough plastic, unique tooling and fire effect parts to make work that I don't see it.

No doubt a solo Robbie Reyes figure could/would do fine on his own. But a Haslab Hellcharger,  they’d risk losing all those potential backers that may settle for the standalone Reyes figure. But what unique tooling ? All Im visioning is a classic, iconic, blacked out American muscle car with 2 doors that should open and 4 orange wheels that should roll, 2 that turn. Unless there’s anything else special about it, flame effects (hopefully detachable) would be the only unique anything I can think of, besides the fact there’d be a nice car toy in ML now. So I dunno… 150 though seems like too much for what it is, imo. Any higher than the 100-120 range, I think I’ll be looking for that solo release instead. But anyway, it might work better as an online exclusive or shared exclusive rather. Wouldn’t think it’d be packed any larger than the DOFP set, but aisle space being deemed the problem for big box stores is something I don’t understand bc everything in retail is based on the price per square foot and has to do with a certain amount of money per sq ft that it takes up in order to justify it using that space.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/17/2021 at 6:30 PM, MODADDYDODOK said:

I vaguely remember a rumor about a riders Hawkeye, right? Happening or not, I’d hope for another Clint in the same classic costume but upgraded to butterfly arms for better bow shot posing +  accurate bow/quiver gear & improved head sculpt(s).

Well, the ToyBiz Hawkeye came with a sky-cycle, did he not? If they are doing a bunch of characters like that for the 20th anniversary of the Marvel Legends brand, we might see a new Hawkeye in that fashion.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/17/2021 at 5:49 PM, RyanDaly said:

Well, the ToyBiz Hawkeye came with a sky-cycle, did he not? If they are doing a bunch of characters like that for the 20th anniversary of the Marvel Legends brand, we might see a new Hawkeye in that fashion.

He did indeed.
Was under the impression that it was just gonna be a tribute wave to series 1, but shoot ya the more the merrier I guess, why not.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/18/2021 at 1:41 AM, MODADDYDODOK said:

He did indeed.
Was under the impression that it was just gonna be a tribute wave to series 1, but shoot ya the more the merrier I guess, why not.

 

 

I doubt they would just do a one wave tribute, I'm seeing this like the other retro lines

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/18/2021 at 2:22 AM, leokearon said:

I doubt they would just do a one wave tribute, I'm seeing this like the other retro lines

Hmm maybe. Don’t see why though bc we already been getting updates of toybizML throughout the years. So if it it more than a wave, my next guess would be a program for the year similar to 80th Anniversary, Mcu10, etc. I definitely look forward to whatever it is. Hopefully/finally getting the perfect Cap 😍

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/18/2021 at 2:42 PM, MODADDYDODOK said:

Hmm maybe. Don’t see why though bc we already been getting updates of toybizML throughout the years. So if it it more than a wave, my next guess would be a program for the year similar to 80th Anniversary, Mcu10, etc. I definitely look forward to whatever it is. Hopefully/finally getting the perfect Cap 😍

 

Well given it will be 20th anniversary it will probably be something like the 80th anniversary line

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...







Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!


Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE