POLL: Which Licensed Character Would You Most Want Made a Marvel Legend?

RyanDaly

Which Licensed Character Would You Most Want Made a Marvel Legend?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. If Hasbro could make ONE figure based on a fan-favorite character that Marvel does not own, which of the following would you choose?

• Conan the Barbarian
    • ROM Spaceknight

I would rather have Red Sonja instead, since we already kinda have toybiz Conan and I always loved Red way more despite Conan having superior comic book stories. But we are getting 1/12 Red Sonja from same company that made Lady death so maybe they can also get license for Conan or Hasbro can do some Marvel Legends pulse exclusive sdcc figure.

If I could pick any third party, it'd be Godzilla, no doubt about it. He'd be huge, but I'd love to finally have one to keep with my Legends.

A weirder one to me is that we still don't have Rom. Hasbro owns the character; maybe there's still some red tape about putting him in a Legends box, but why haven't we gotten a one off six inch scale one as a Pulse exclusive like Drizzt?

Oh GD... great poll!!

in the 80s literally collected every title Marvel published and ROM was in the pull list. Loved how this guy and his stable if Space Knights would interact with the greater Marvel Universe every now and again. Secret Wars II is a great example. 

but.... Conan (!?!?!) is somehow a (Savage) Avenger so I voted that way. Tried to find the old ToyBiz version ( was positive I bought that set) but could not find it any where in my storage 

Honestly can’t believe that Hasbro hasn’t pulled the trigger on a Transformer / Marvel crossover sets.. as recently as the mid 2K’s there was a New Avengers / Transformers crossover,,

for that matter Hasbro, you’d think , could print their own money by crossing over Marvel, Transformers and G.I. Joe!!!

On 9/4/2021 at 11:48 PM, Fyrefly21 said:

If I could pick any third party, it'd be Godzilla, no doubt about it. He'd be huge, but I'd love to finally have one to keep with my Legends.

A weirder one to me is that we still don't have Rom. Hasbro owns the character; maybe there's still some red tape about putting him in a Legends box, but why haven't we gotten a one off six inch scale one as a Pulse exclusive like Drizzt?

Now GODZILLA is a worthy Haslab project!!

BTW: did I hear once that Fing Fang Foom was a Marvels answer to Godzilla before they acquired the license briefly in the 70s?

also recall Marvel had the Shogun Warrior License during this era and wrote  them as anti Godzilla mechs if I’m not mistaken.

funny how Marvel went out of their way to incorporate outside licenses into the Marvel Universe but now can’t touch those stories, I’ve got back issues of Avengers with the Shogun Warriors, Dire Wraiths.. I think the original Heroes aReborn series went 13 issues but that 13th issue was a Wildstorm Studios crossover so may never see a reprint .. fun, odd times..

On 9/5/2021 at 3:16 AM, leokearon said:

I would go with ROM. There's nothing stopping Hasbro from making a 6 inch scale Marvel legends style ROM. Conan would have all sorts of legal problems

When Hasbro released that best of line for SDCC that featured characters from 3.75” versions M.A.S.K., G.I.Joe, etc.. I jumped all over that ROM.. to me he is an honorary member if the Marvel Universe  

On 9/6/2021 at 4:27 AM, McHogan said:

When Hasbro released that best of line for SDCC that featured characters from 3.75” versions M.A.S.K., G.I.Joe, etc.. I jumped all over that ROM.. to me he is an honorary member if the Marvel Universe  

Well he was part of the MU and the Marvel created Spaceknights are still being used

Gotta go with Rom, I love all the cosmic stuff and with his odd place in the overall Marvel history I'd love to be able to have him and some of the Marvel created Spaceknight characters.

On 9/8/2021 at 7:01 PM, greenlucario said:

Gotta go with Rom, I love all the cosmic stuff and with his odd place in the overall Marvel history I'd love to be able to have him and some of the Marvel created Spaceknight characters.

Yeah it would be cool to get Rom with some Spaceknights, a box set with Rom, Vola, Raak the Breaker, Seeker and Skera the Scanner,

On 9/10/2021 at 12:53 AM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Yeah it would be cool to get Rom with some Spaceknights, a box set with Rom, Vola, Raak the Breaker, Seeker and Skera the Scanner,

Absolutely! Anything to flesh out the cosmic corner of the shelf.