What If...? Marvel Legends Doctor Strange Supreme Video Review And Images

Outsiders

Erivera94 takes a look at the new What If...? Marvel Legends Doctor Strange Supreme from Hasbro.  This figure is sold as a pre-order from our sponsor Big Bad Toy Store.

Check out images for this figure below in our GALLERY and be sure to share your own thoughts about it in the COMMENTS SECTION.

What_If_Marvel_Legends_Doctor_Strange_Supreme_By_Erivera94_01.jpg

What_If_Marvel_Legends_Doctor_Strange_Supreme_By_Erivera94_02.jpg

What_If_Marvel_Legends_Doctor_Strange_Supreme_By_Erivera94_03.jpg

What_If_Marvel_Legends_Doctor_Strange_Supreme_By_Erivera94_04.jpg

What_If_Marvel_Legends_Doctor_Strange_Supreme_By_Erivera94_05.jpg

What_If_Marvel_Legends_Doctor_Strange_Supreme_By_Erivera94_06.jpg

What_If_Marvel_Legends_Doctor_Strange_Supreme_By_Erivera94_07.jpg

What_If_Marvel_Legends_Doctor_Strange_Supreme_By_Erivera94_08.jpg

What_If_Marvel_Legends_Doctor_Strange_Supreme_By_Erivera94_09.jpg

What_If_Marvel_Legends_Doctor_Strange_Supreme_By_Erivera94_10.jpg

What_If_Marvel_Legends_Doctor_Strange_Supreme_By_Erivera94_11.jpg

What_If_Marvel_Legends_Doctor_Strange_Supreme_By_Erivera94_12.jpg

What_If_Marvel_Legends_Doctor_Strange_Supreme_By_Erivera94_13.jpg

What_If_Marvel_Legends_Doctor_Strange_Supreme_By_Erivera94_14.jpg

What_If_Marvel_Legends_Doctor_Strange_Supreme_By_Erivera94_15.jpg

What_If_Marvel_Legends_Doctor_Strange_Supreme_By_Erivera94_16.jpg

What_If_Marvel_Legends_Doctor_Strange_Supreme_By_Erivera94_17.jpg

What_If_Marvel_Legends_Doctor_Strange_Supreme_By_Erivera94_18.jpg

Meh.. animated style means he doesn’t fit with 98% of my collection. Then subtract because he isn’t truly MCU or comic. We are left with an oddity that doesn’t fit in anywhere, along with the majority of this What If ? Wave. 

On a positive note, in a stand alone setting, he is a well sculpted figure. Just outside of Sylvie, I wouldn’t have asked for ANY of the figures were getting.

what we really need is a true comic version. 

This episode reminded me of the "Times Runs Out" Strange, awesome episode BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT....

On 9/5/2021 at 9:25 PM, McHogan said:

Meh.. animated style means he doesn’t fit with 98% of my collection. Then subtract because he isn’t truly MCU or comic. We are left with an oddity that doesn’t fit in anywhere, along with the majority of this What If ? Wave. 

On a positive note, in a stand alone setting, he is a well sculpted figure. Just outside of Sylvie, I wouldn’t have asked for ANY of the figures were getting.

Like you said, it's a limbo figure....

On 9/5/2021 at 7:25 PM, McHogan said:

Agreed, I'm even still wondering what to do with the Spider-Verse figures 8 months after they came out lol. I'm only getting Sylvie, Spidey and Strange from this wave, Sylvie for obvious reasons, Spidey because Spidey and I want that particular suit design, and Strange because he just looks cool and I loved the episode, but he's the only one I don't really have anywhere to put. At least this figure's torso design could potentially be used to give us a classic comic Strange next year.

On 9/6/2021 at 12:34 AM, Ironspider428 said:

Agreed, I'm even still wondering what to do with the Spider-Verse figures 8 months after they came out lol. I'm only getting Sylvie, Spidey and Strange from this wave, Sylvie for obvious reasons, Spidey because Spidey and I want that particular suit design, and Strange because he just looks cool and I loved the episode, but he's the only one I don't really have anywhere to put. At least this figure's torso design could potentially be used to give us a classic comic Strange next year.

Right? As the MCU ( questionably) acknowledges the pre -MCU ( or I guess even simultaneously non MCU material) they have created a subset of figures that wouldn’t have qualified as MCU but aren’t comic making collectors make some hard choices here.. 

The Fox XMen/ Deadpool stuff has made the cut..

the Spiderverse stuff has been divisive for sure.. I have them too but have debated whether they belong  

ive decided any cinematic figures will be collected but in a subset of a subset that will be known as Marvel Media. 

So those odd ball “Into the Spider-verse, as well as these What If? figures will at the very least be added to my Marvel Media stuff as a sort of museum like entity but not really as part of my MCU stuff. Subject to re-evaluation 🙄 

And more to your point.. the animated stuff is nice. Very well done figures, but the style is noticeably different than what they’ve done with the  actor likeness stuff ( or at least the attempts) of live action “action figures”. The style is very animated and it IS a different style they are representing. 

To compare, the DC Artist Signature Series tried to emulate specific artistic styles. Jim Lee’s art style didn’t look like Ed McGuiness’s so a random Batman by Lee looked  like a different line than a Batman by Mcguiness. The same way the animated stuff looks like a different line than the realistic MCU stuff.

So for the same reason I didn’t want to mix Marvel Select stuff with Legends is why I was hesitant to add animated styled figures, arguably a different line, with the style of realistic figures that is 98% of my MCU collection... 

On 9/5/2021 at 10:01 PM, McHogan said:

Right? As the MCU ( questionably) acknowledges the pre -MCU ( or I guess even simultaneously non MCU material) they have created a subset of figures that wouldn’t have qualified as MCU but aren’t comic making collectors make some hard choices here.. 

The Fox XMen/ Deadpool stuff has made the cut..

the Spiderverse stuff has been divisive for sure.. I have them too but have debated whether they belong  

ive decided any cinematic figures will be collected but in a subset of a subset that will be known as Marvel Media. 

So those odd ball “Into the Spider-verse, as well as these What If? figures will at the very least be added to my Marvel Media stuff as a sort of museum like entity but not really as part of my MCU stuff. Subject to re-evaluation 🙄 

I've strongly considered making a sort of "animated shelf", with What If and Spider-Verse, I could definitely see them doing at least one more wave of each, but I don't know if I want to commit to all those figures, especially with prices going up. I have the SV ones with the comic Spider-Verse at the moment, but they also seem out of place there. I also can't bring myself to sell them, because they're really good figures, the heads and proportions are spot-on.

I will say, the one animated line I would absolutely love to see from Hasbro is Spectacular Spider-Man. If they did Spidey and all the villains from that show with as much attention to detail and proportions as the Spider-Verse stuff and some of the What If stuff, I could die happy. Maybe for the 20th anniversary in 2028...

On 9/6/2021 at 2:33 AM, Ironspider428 said:

I've strongly considered making a sort of "animated shelf", with What If and Spider-Verse, I could definitely see them doing at least one more wave of each, but I don't know if I want to commit to all those figures, especially with prices going up. I have the SV ones with the comic Spider-Verse at the moment, but they also seem out of place there. I also can't bring myself to sell them, because they're really good figures, the heads and proportions are spot-on.

I will say, the one animated line I would absolutely love to see from Hasbro is Spectacular Spider-Man. If they did Spidey and all the villains from that show with as much attention to detail and proportions as the Spider-Verse stuff and some of the What If stuff, I could die happy. Maybe for the 20th anniversary in 2028...

Can you imagine a Kingpin from the Spider-Verse film? Not sure how they could accomplish that one.. 

since my collection is comic or MCU, I’d rather any animated be in a different scale or relegated to the basic line stuff. But since their not, I had to decide to do something with them.. we will see how Hasbro proceeds with other pre MCU films

This is a cool figure, but like pretty much every one is  saying, it's tough for it to fit anywhere. I don't think that these what if? figures fit in one's main MCU display, perhaps maybe Capt. Carter, so if you really want them they're gonna be on their own shelf. Right now there's not too many of them, but I have a feeling Hasbro is gonna give us a shitload of what if? figures, cause there's a lot of potential with the new designs and all the combinations we're seeing. They made an entire wave out of the show and these were just spoiler free figures. I think if someone's really interested in it, they're gonna get an entire shelf full of animated style MCU stuff.

On 9/5/2021 at 11:42 PM, McHogan said:

Can you imagine a Kingpin from the Spider-Verse film? Not sure how they could accomplish that one.. 

since my collection is comic or MCU, I’d rather any animated be in a different scale or relegated to the basic line stuff. But since their not, I had to decide to do something with them.. we will see how Hasbro proceeds with other pre MCU films

I could see them doing Kingpin but he would have next to no articulation. I think if they do another wave of Spider-Verse, I'd be more tempted to just give them their own shelf. Suited Miles and Peter, Noir, 2099, Tombstone and Doc Ock with BAF Kingpin would be cool. Maybe a deluxe SP//DR with Peni.  

I just don't understand the mentality of "its on tv/move so now I want it". The worst variation of this is "the show was awful so now they'll never make the figure" (which is what a lot of people seem to be saying about the Inhumans). I just can't be swayed like that. Never was a fan of the GI Joe cartoon, but I've seen some of the figures and they look great. Big fan of Mythic Legions and Articulated Icons, and neither has a movie or tv show. But hey, whatever floats your boat.

This Dr. Strange isn't of interest to me....I'm waiting for the classic version. I will say that the SDCC 2015 translucent "astral" figure is fantastic. I will say they did a great job of making sure this figure looks like the WHAT IF...? version. Can't ask for more than that.