Kingpin Unleashes Hell On The Marvel Universe In Devil's Reign

JayC

After years of buildup in the pages of their Eisner-nominated run on Daredevil, writer Chip Zdarsky and artist Marco Checchetto will bring their superb talents for high-stakes storytelling to the greater Marvel Universe in DEVIL’S REIGN! Launching in December, DEVIL’S REIGN will be a classic-style Marvel Comics crossover event, tying into some of your favorite ongoing titles and ushering in exciting new series. The far-reaching saga will center around Kingpin as he broadens his lofty goals in a scheme that will unleash dark secrets about some of Marvel’s greatest heroes. Having kept these shocking truths to himself for ages, Kingpin is ready to ruthlessly expose his foes to gain more power than ever before and he has more than enough dirt on the Marvel Universe to come out on top!

Wilson Fisk went from Kingpin to mayor of the biggest city in America and is going to bring his full criminal and political power to bear on the super heroes who call NYC home. The man who once destroyed Daredevil has set his sights on The Fantastic Four, Iron Man, Captain America, Spider-Man, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage and more. And since it’s Fisk, once he takes them all down, you know he’s going to sign it. CROSSBONES! TASKMASTER! TYPHOID MARY! SHOCKER! WHIPLASH! RHINO! KRAVEN! Fisk has an army of super villains at his command – and this is just his opening salvo. For years, Fisk has waited for his time to strike, and YOU WON’T BELIEVE the aces he’s got up his sleeves!

“Our Daredevil plan just kept getting bigger and bigger, to the point where it would clearly affect the Marvel Universe in huge ways,” Zdarsky explained. “Thankfully, Marvel recognized this as well and gave Marco and I the opportunity to tell the story on a massive stage with DEVIL’S REIGN! This is a proper Marvel event springing from the pages of Daredevil and I think all Marvel readers will love what’s coming!"

"Devil's Reign. Finally here we are. I am really excited and happy to work on this Marvel event. I am also proud of it since it comes directly from our Daredevil’s series, that both, Chip and I, have been working on for a long time now,” Checchetto said. “When I read the story of this event I was speechless. As a fan, I can tell you that I am happy to see Daredevil among the protagonists of this event. I have the opportunity to draw so many characters that I love so much, heroes and villains, and I'm trying to give everyone the dignity and respect they deserve. It will be great."

Be there in December when Kingpin declares war in DEVIL’S REIGN #1.

DEVIL’S REIGN #1 (OF 6)
Written by CHIP ZDARSKY
Art and Cover by MARCO CHECCHETTO
On Sale 12/1

DEVILSREIGN2021001_cov.jpg

The recently announced Marvel Comics event DEVIL’S REIGN launches this December with two exciting issues! The highly anticipated saga from writer Chip Zdarsky and artist Marco Checchetto will see Kingpin on a vicious quest to rid the world of super heroes through any means necessary, and he’ll have an army of super villains at his command to see it through. Consisting of Crossbones, Taskmaster, Typhoid Mary, Shocker, Whiplash, Rhino, and Kraven, this deadly new team of Thunderbolts will report for duty in DEVIL’S REIGN #2 and represent only the opening salvo of Kingpin’s plan to remake the Marvel Universe in his own image.

“Our Daredevil plan just kept getting bigger and bigger, to the point where it would clearly affect the Marvel Universe in huge ways,” Zdarsky explained. “Thankfully, Marvel recognized this as well and gave Marco and I the opportunity to tell the story on a massive stage with DEVIL’S REIGN! This is a proper Marvel event springing from the pages of Daredevil and I think all Marvel readers will love what’s coming!"

DEVIL’S REIGN will also tie into some of your favorite ongoing series including December’s SPIDER-WOMAN #18 by series creative team, writer Karla Pacheco and artist Pere Pérez. Mayor Wilson Fisk is purging vigilantes from his city, and Spider-Woman is on his list! Fisk will do anything to bring her down, including going after her loved ones. It’s all on the line for Spider-Woman during DEVIL’S REIGN! Here’s Pacheco had to say about what’s come for Jessica Drew:

“When Chip first asked about tying Spider-Woman into this spectacular event, I immediately said ‘How did you get this number, and what do you want?’ Okay, actually it was more me begging ‘PLEAAAAASE CHIP!!! LET ME AND PERE BE A PART OF THIS BIG AWESOME THINGY! WE LOVE DEADPOOL AND *YOU*. After he corrected me that it was a DAREDEVIL event, we were still really stoked about it. I can't wait for everyone to see how Jessica Drew handles the chaos Wilson Fisk is bringing to her world, and we have some absolutely explosive issues coming up. Devil's Reign threatens everyone Jess loves, AND brings back one of her greatest nemesisiseses in a way I don't think anyone will see coming. Especially not Jess!

From the Fantastic Four to the X-men, be there when Kingpin brings his full criminal and political power to bear on all of Marvel’s super heroes. Stay tuned for more announcement about upcoming DEVIL’S REIGN tie-in series including January’s DEVIL’S REIGN: VILLAINS FOR HIRE.

DEVIL’S REIGN #1 (OF 6)
Written by CHIP ZDARSKY
On Sale 12/1!

DEVIL’S REIGN #2 (OF 6)
Written by CHIP ZDARSKY
On Sale 12/15!

SPIDER-WOMAN #18
Written by KARLA PACHECO
Art by PERE PÉREZ
Cover by JUNGGEUN YOON
On Sale 12/29!

DEVILSREIGN2021001_cov.jpg

DEVILSREIGN2021002.jpg

SWOMAN2020018_Cov.jpg

On 9/13/2021 at 7:45 PM, RyanDaly said:

So glad that Jessica Drew is back in her classic Spider-Woman costume. Nothing against the other costumes she's worn over the last couple years, but her original is one of my all-time favorite superhero costume designs, and probably my number 1 favorite for a female character.

Agree, simple and classic. By far her best and most iconic look. 

This looks like a fun crossover event. Reminds of the better ones from the 80s/90s that were overall smaller scale but involved many corners  of the Marvel Universe. 

Ill look for the trade when it comes out 

This Spider-Woman suit.. I know there was that controversy over her New Avengers cover being overtly sexualized but even the cover here for SW #18.. her costumes lines bring focus to her anatomy in ways most other super suits don’t.. 

isnt one of her powers, or former powers, pheromone based? Made her enemies attracted to her? I may be confusing her with someone else but dang, between how she is commonly  drawn, her eye catching costume and her Spider-Man like poses that when applied to the female form drive the fan boys crazy and the “ Karen’s “ cry foul.. no wonder this suit is so popular 😍