Hasbro Marvel Legends Live-Stream September 2021 Coverage

JayC

Hasbro today is holding a new live-stream with the Hasbro Marvel Legends brand team (Ryan, Dan, & Dwight) which you can check out below. We expect one of the main reveals for today to be a new assortment of 6 Spider-Man Classic figures.

Check back over the course of the next hour for full coverage of the event and any new reveals they may have on tap.

Hasbro thanks fans for the Haslab Galactus. It is the most successful Haslab to date.

Hasbro teases more Heralds for the line coming next year.

Excalibur 3 pack goes up for pre-order tomorrow on Pulse at 2pm ET for everyone.

The Skrull and Shield Agent Army Builders will also go up on Pulse tomorrow for everyone at 2pm ET.

New Retro Spider-Man assortment of 6 figures which will go up for pre-order everywhere tomorrow (9/14) at 1pm ET. Black Costume Spider-Man, Hobgoblin from animated series, Ben Reilly Spider-Man, Hammerhead, Armored Spider-Man Mark 1 and Shocker.

Toy Biz Retro Falcon and Loki. Look for these to go up for pre-order likely on the 21st. Dwight also teases a barrel. Ryan also held up a card.

Being re-released from a boxset is female Trixster Loki.

Teasers for 2022 - There will be a new figure released without legs, 6" oversized Retro Spider-Man figure coming and at least 2 characters released that have never been done by Toy Biz or Hasbro for 6" Marvel Legends. The characters have cards in the Marvel Universe trading card series 2 set.

Panel ends.

Marvel-Legends-Sept-Live-Stream-01.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Sept-Live-Stream-02.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Sept-Live-Stream-03 1.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Sept-Live-Stream-03.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Sept-Live-Stream-04.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Sept-Live-Stream-05 1.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Sept-Live-Stream-05 2.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Sept-Live-Stream-05 3.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Sept-Live-Stream-05 4.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Sept-Live-Stream-05.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Sept-Live-Stream-06 1.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Sept-Live-Stream-06 2.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Sept-Live-Stream-06.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Sept-Live-Stream-07 1.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Sept-Live-Stream-07.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Sept-Live-Stream-08 1.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Sept-Live-Stream-08.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Sept-Live-Stream-09 1.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Sept-Live-Stream-09 2.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Sept-Live-Stream-09 3.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Sept-Live-Stream-09.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Sept-Live-Stream-11 1.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Sept-Live-Stream-11 2.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Sept-Live-Stream-11.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Sept-Live-Stream-12 1.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Sept-Live-Stream-12 2.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Sept-Live-Stream-12.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Sept-Live-Stream-13 1.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Sept-Live-Stream-13 2.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Sept-Live-Stream-13 3.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Sept-Live-Stream-13.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Sept-Live-Stream-14 1.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Sept-Live-Stream-14 2.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Sept-Live-Stream-14.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Sept-Live-Stream-16 1.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Sept-Live-Stream-16 2.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Sept-Live-Stream-16 3.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Sept-Live-Stream-16 4.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Sept-Live-Stream-16 5.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Sept-Live-Stream-16 6.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Sept-Live-Stream-16 7.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Sept-Live-Stream-16 8.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Sept-Live-Stream-16 9.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Sept-Live-Stream-16 10.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Sept-Live-Stream-16 11.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Sept-Live-Stream-16 12.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Sept-Live-Stream-16.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Sept-Live-Stream-18 1.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Sept-Live-Stream-18 2.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Sept-Live-Stream-18 3.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Sept-Live-Stream-18 4.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Sept-Live-Stream-18.jpg

Retro Symbiote and Hobgoblin finally? Please? Or Rhino? 

Seriously though, for the first time in a while I don’t have really any idea what they’ll show. Probably comic related stuff though, they pretty much cleared out the slate on MCU stuff until next year except for maybe the  Target/Walmart preorders for Eternals and NWH.

On 9/7/2021 at 4:21 PM, Fyrefly21 said:

I don't imagine there's much left to show for this year with all the waves still pending. Maybe a few retro figures like Symbiote Spidey, Hobgoblin and Shocker (were there any others mentioned in the leaks we know about?)

Hope we see some cool comic stuff for Q1 2022, and more about the 20th Anniversary stuff.

I’ve heard a retro Rhino rumor thrown around here and there but that may just be wishful thinking on a lot of people’s parts. Maybe a mainline Venom?

On 9/7/2021 at 7:28 PM, Ironspider428 said:

I’ve heard a retro Rhino rumor thrown around here and there but that may just be wishful thinking on a lot of people’s parts. Maybe a mainline Venom?

I do think there was some Twitter teasing for Rhino not too long ago, around the Sandman reveal iirc; that would be great to see.

Have they done anything for the Venom sequel that's supposedly coming out a month from now? Maybe an exclusive movie version of Carnage or a Venom/Carnage two-pack. 

I hope they release the S.H.I.E.L.D. and/or Skrull troop builders on Pulse. Aside from that, yeah, I'm all for some more retro-spider characters like Hobgoblin, Rhino, etc. And go ahead and reveal the retro-FF Super-Skrull too. 

On 9/8/2021 at 2:25 AM, RyanDaly said:

Have they done anything for the Venom sequel that's supposedly coming out a month from now? Maybe an exclusive movie version of Carnage or a Venom/Carnage two-pack. 

The Venompool wave was for the second movie. doubt we will get anything new from that this year.

On 9/7/2021 at 9:34 PM, RyanDaly said:

That wave came out in 2020, right? And didn't include anybody from the movie except Venom? You're sure they're not going to do anything else, like a movie version of Carnage?

It was meant for the original date before the delay; anything else seems unlikely. The wave made to coincide with the first movie didn't bother to have any movie characters at all; Hasbro doesn't seem to be interested in going hard on non-MCU films.

On 9/8/2021 at 3:18 AM, leokearon said:

Didn't they mention we are supposed to be getting two more Avenger reveals this year

While talking about Hercules and Tigra, I think it was Dwight who said two more "classic Marvel" characters revealed before the end of the year. I took that to mean, they would be single-serving on retro Marvel Universe cards. I don't think he specified Avengers, although they could be. I wouldn't be surprised if U.S.Agent is one of those two, but others are pretty confident he's going to be part of a full wave. 

On 9/8/2021 at 6:07 AM, RyanDaly said:

While talking about Hercules and Tigra, I think it was Dwight who said two more "classic Marvel" characters revealed before the end of the year. I took that to mean, they would be single-serving on retro Marvel Universe cards. I don't think he specified Avengers, although they could be. I wouldn't be surprised if U.S.Agent is one of those two, but others are pretty confident he's going to be part of a full wave. 

This is how I read it too. He was talking in the context of how Tigra and Hercules were done as single releases on retro style cards. As soon as he said that US Agent immediately popped into my head and if I had to take a guess on the other one i would say a more classic Wonder Man or maybe Iron Fist in his green gear.

I do think there will be an Avengers or Captain America or possibly a second Iron Man wave next year but with all the movie product on deck I Don t think they'll be giving us too big a peak behind the curtain just yet.

On 9/8/2021 at 12:07 PM, RyanDaly said:

Given thier membership nearly all Classic Marvel characters are Avengers, unless they are some villains which would be nice as well.

I'm actually getting disappointed with these announcements- they hint there are "great things coming" and then on the reveal its a let down. Maybe its me, anticipating 6-12 new figures and getting at best 2.  Let's hope this go-round is great....with no exclusives this time. 

On 9/8/2021 at 11:27 AM, leokearon said:

Given thier membership nearly all Classic Marvel characters are Avengers, unless they are some villains which would be nice as well.

True, but if, for example, the two mystery figures turned out to be Luke Cage and Iron Fist as they looked in the ‘70s and ‘80s, I don’t think fans would necessarily connect them to the Avengers because that’s now how they looked when they joined the team decades later. Maybe some would… we’ll all find out eventually.

On 9/8/2021 at 5:00 PM, RyanDaly said:

True, but if, for example, the two mystery figures turned out to be Luke Cage and Iron Fist as they looked in the ‘70s and ‘80s, I don’t think fans would necessarily connect them to the Avengers because that’s now how they looked when they joined the team decades later. Maybe some would… we’ll all find out eventually.

That's true

On 9/8/2021 at 8:34 AM, Atlantis said:

I'm actually getting disappointed with these announcements- they hint there are "great things coming" and then on the reveal its a let down. Maybe its me, anticipating 6-12 new figures and getting at best 2.  Let's hope this go-round is great....with no exclusives this time. 

I don't think you're giving the ML team enough credit here. They've done at least 2 Fan Firsts a month and more often than not, they have an entire wave up for either reveal or preorder, just because sometimes they get leaked first isn't really their fault. And even if the reveals aren't your cup of tea, they're still objectively good FFs, especially when compared to the pathetic attempt that all the recent Star Wars ones have been.