Hasbro Marvel Legends Live-Stream September 2021 Coverage

JayC

On 9/13/2021 at 9:14 AM, RyanDaly said:

"...As with any re-released figure l'm sure they're factoring in the likelihood that some collectors might have missed him the first time around...." 

I know a lot of collectors missed out on that Storm from the Jubilee wave from years ago and they never re-released that. Not to mention Ms. Marvel, Misty Knight, Moonstone, Stryfe, Spider-Man 2099 (Sandman BAF)...most of us felt his body buck was way too big, so along with the new head they could have given him a less buff mold. But I agree with you, a re-release now and then is good for the collectors who weren't able to get it the first time around. 

On 9/13/2021 at 1:51 PM, Gigantor said:

And why is Hasbro so against giving us classic 70s/80s  Falcon!??1117212744_Falcon.classicversion.thumb.jpg.5ae7ac2e67efb9488fcbc9a01870d658.jpg

Because this is cheaper. They as much as admitted it during the stream, it's just a redeco of the one that came out last year.

I hope we get a more classic Falcon with his oddly Luchador-looking costume, but for now this one with the short sleeves is a happy compromise.

On 9/13/2021 at 6:24 PM, tarot said:

Techincally he doesn't. That is a platform which he controls.

But yeah given Dwight want to get the Reavers out and their tease years ago when Skullbuster was release Bonebreaker is the most likely candidate. Might be the Baf of the X-men wave that JayC has been teasing.

I doubt there is a huge demand for a legless Mojo.

Bonebreaker or Bushmaster as both needed for their teams 

On 9/13/2021 at 10:06 AM, sentinelofliberty41 said:

"...Definitely grabbing Falcon as I'll buy any of his comic looks. ..."

They did say classic Falcon is coming, so that's great news. I do think he should be on a bigger mold, but I love the articulation on the current version. Falc needs a new head too, he looks like almost bored here! But for his classic look it would be great if they'd use his "hawk hook" gauntlet (Mysterio's gloves would be almost perfect) and give us an articulated Red Wing!

The Retro wave is amazing. Hobgoblin losing the scales and not getting a new head looks rough, but the other five are must buys from me.

The Retro singles are much lamer IMO. Don't need another Lady Loki but glad those who missed the box set can get her. Retro Loki has better heads but I still don't care for this body for my classic Loki. Falcon is awful; mostly the same costume from a release that just happened and was easy to get, and still no Redwing. Need a proper classic Sam.

On 9/13/2021 at 2:38 PM, Atlantis said:

They did say classic Falcon is coming, so that's great news. I do think he should be on a bigger mold, but I love the articulation on the current version. Falc needs a new head too, he looks like almost bored here! But for his classic look it would be great if they'd use his "hawk hook" gauntlet (Mysterio's gloves would be almost perfect) and give us an articulated Red Wing!

That's a great idea for the hook and mysterios gauntlet is shaped exactly right. I still plan to get this one and any classic versions. I've been waiting years for good Falcon figures. We need a new wwii Bucky and a better Sharon carter and I can die happy.

Pretty cool reveals but my god Hasbro, space these releases out a bit huh?!? Tomorrow alone (depending on Pulse restrictions) I’ll be looking at 3 SHIELD sets, 6 Skrulls, Excalibur, and maybe Falcon and the Loki’s.. mere weeks after dropping cash on Galactus !! Yes, I know I don’t get charged until the release but they’ve also still got my Sentinel, retro FF exclusives and Hand Ninjas!!!

My guess for a legless character is Cannonball.. but new paint apps!!😁😁 they’ve got to save money somewhere

i don’t like to play the speculation game but I like many of the options that others have suggested.. especially Jim Hammond, Speedball, Justice .. all deserving ..

not sure what I think about the retro Spidey. Many great choices here but as others have said, that Hobgoblin is baffling the way they executed that one. Hammerhead still looks off.. didn’t he traditionally have a MORE.. well hammer shaped head? And a light grey suit? Maybe a classic Lizard is their oversized figure.. I know many wanted a retro version after that TRex one we got

Oh and yeah WTF on that Falcon Hasbro.. I was fine with the first version since it was so different than his 70s/80s version but this one is so similar it’s like they decided this was good enough.. it’s a pretty ok update but his classic is really his las5 suit I need.

on a positive note, maybe the quick turnaround on a Falcons means it won’t be years until we get that MCU US Agent apology figure.. 😁

On 9/13/2021 at 4:16 PM, McHogan said:

Tomorrow alone (depending on Pulse restrictions) I’ll be looking at 3 SHIELD sets, 6 Skrulls, Excalibur, and maybe Falcon and the Loki’s.. mere weeks after dropping cash on Galactus !!

l don't think Falcon and the Lokis are gong up for preorder tomorrow. Just the troop builders, retro Spider-Man wave, and Excalibur set.

On 9/13/2021 at 4:22 PM, RyanDaly said:

l don't think Falcon and the Lokis are gong up for preorder tomorrow. Just the troop builders, retro Spider-Man wave, and Excalibur set.

Oh ok well still a significant amount of cash.. I swear tho, awesome problem to have, spending money on Marvel Legends haha

Wow pretty excellent Retro Spidey Wave, not sure if I need anything from it though other then Hobgoblin, who was pretty disappointing to be honest, no Scales! no demon head, way more animated vibe then I would have liked, but either way I need me a Hobgoblin and that will have to do since I ain't getting that previous one, but I still like it more, The Armored Spidey I think will be a buy for me, maybe Symbiote Suit, I like the more modern Shocker I already have over this new (old) version, Hammerhead does nothing for me and despite me liking the Ben Reilly, I already have one, but maybe get the new one just so I can have it displayed as Ben, since I have the old one as Spider-Carnage currently, I think that Falcon retro carded figure is a huge bust, man what the hell Hasbro, that's a bamboozle right there, barely a difference from the one we got like 6 months ago, and honestly Joe Fixit wave version I like more, that Loki meh, don't love the one we already have and this is it again except he has that non smiling head which is at least better then the bad grin, but I'm not buying, pretty cool to see Lady Loki on single card, but I already have her and it seems there is really no difference.

anyways also kinda bummed out, Excalibur 3 pack is pulse exclusive ugh, gonna have to wake up and get that tomorrow along with a Shield pack and a Skrull.

hope the teases are going to be something along the lines of Sleepwalker!, Death's head 1, Deathwatch! maybe some Calypso.

I will say, now that the initial excitement has died down a little, that Hobgoblin is a bit disappointing. I'm cool with the animated colors, but he really should have gotten a new more ToyBizzy head and a larger non-tattered cape. I'll still get him, but only to keep on card, he's not different enough to replace the old one for me. I'm getting doubles of all the rest though, one to open, one to put on the wall. I have the old Ben Reilly already but now I can display one as Spider-Carnage, probably the new, bigger buck. 

are the Ben Reily and Armored Spideys on the super- articulated body? Could show if Hasbro has made that body the default Spidey body..

Having trouble finding proof but didn’t Falcon sport a goatee in this suit? Probably misremembering but dang it sure seems he did in one of his updated looks.

also took a better look at Hammerhead, he looks good. Probably one I can skip as been the pin strip suit might be tough to repurpose.. 

On 9/13/2021 at 4:44 PM, McHogan said:

are the Ben Reily and Armored Spideys on the super- articulated body? Could show if Hasbro has made that body the default Spidey body..

Having trouble finding proof but didn’t Falcon sport a goatee in this suit? Probably misremembering but dang it sure seems he did in one of his updated looks.

also took a better look at Hammerhead, he looks good. Probably one I can skip as been the pin strip suit might be tough to repurpose.. 

Ben seems to, yeah. Armored Spidey looks like a lot of new tooling, I can't make out if there's much or any Retro Spidey in the mix there

On 9/13/2021 at 9:44 PM, McHogan said:

Armored Spidey and Shocker are 100% brand new. 

On 9/13/2021 at 4:48 PM, tarot said:

Armored Spidey and Shocker are 100% brand new. 

Armored Spidey is growing on me. Got a soft spot for this version since he made an appearance in the ooooold PS1 Spider-Man game, first game my son played as well. May grab him out of pure nostalgia 

On 9/13/2021 at 12:22 PM, RyanDaly said:

Also notable: Dwight let slip that they have four or five other troop builders based on comics penciled in, but no MCU troop builders planned as of now,

You, know lost in all the recent reveals was that updated MCU Vulture.. isn’t he Target exclusive? 

Still, a shame that they got a second chance on him but couldn’t work a deal to get an unmasked Michael Keaton head included this time. 

Who knows, since McFarlanes 7” figures heads are comically undersized, maybe his Batman will get an unmasked head that can be customized to fit 😀

Spider-Man Symbiote: Yes, but why web shooter hands that don't work for the character?

Hobgoblin: Yes

Ben Reilly: Easy pass. Never cared for him, and this isn't even the look I remember.

Hammerhead: Think I only had 1 comic with him. Still want since it's a classic villain and I battled him in the recent Spider-Man game

Spider-Armor: On the one hand I have/read Web of Spider-Man 100. On the other, the eyes should be silver too. Leaning towards a yes.

Shocker: Yes, classic Shocker. I wish they had painted in his cross hatching like they did on the figure a couple years back, though.

Retro Falcon: On a retro card, but not the retro costume. Similar to the recent one. Pass

Retro Loki: I just picked up the previous Loki a couple months ago for $10-$12. A couple people mentioned if you missed out on it the first time around, but unless something's changed, it's still dirt cheap on the secondary market. Would be nice to see re-releases of figures you can't get without selling a kidney. They didn't even change what I read as the most common complaint: Hair flying out to the side. If it had included his other classic helmet (the non horned one that came out on a kid Loki figure recently), it would have been enough to make me double dip. Otherwise, no.

Retro Lady Loki: Odd to have a "retro" figure of a character that (correct me if I'm wrong) didn't exist until a few years ago. Looks like a nice figure, but a pass for me.

Skrull: Yes

On 9/13/2021 at 12:33 PM, Ironspider428 said:

"... that Hobgoblin is a bit disappointing. I'm cool with the animated colors, but he really should have gotten a new more ToyBizzy head and a larger non-tattered cape...."

For either the Green Goblin or the Hobgoblin, Hasbro Legends got the goblin glider too small. Toybiz did it better.