Hasbro Marvel Legends Live-Stream September 2021 Coverage

JayC

On 9/14/2021 at 1:19 AM, RyanDaly said:

Ryan's tease mentions the Hasbro Legends 6" line. They did make a Death's Head in the 3 3/4" Marvel Universe line, right? Could that be a hint that he specified six inch?

Death's Head got a 3 3/4" Marvel Universe figure, I'm really hoping that he is one of the two card figures

Yesterday during Hasbro's Marvel Legends live-stream the guys gave us a clue for at least two Marvel Legends figures they plan to release sometime in 2022. The clue they gave stated the following:

There will be at least two characters who have never appeared in Toy Biz or Hasbro Legends 6 inch line who were also featured in Marvel Universe Series 2 (1991) card set.

Ryan Ting on social media went on to clarify that MCU based figures do not count.

Below we have gathered the cards of the 7 characters that have never had a comic book based 6" Marvel Legends figure done from either Hasbro or Toy Biz.

Note we are assuming costume variations don't count. For instance there is a card for Rachel Summers in her red spiked outfit that we have never gotten a figure for, but Hasbro has done a comic version of Rachel Summers before. Therefore we aren't counting here for this list though we are pretty sure Hasbro at some point will get around to doing that one so we can round out our Excalibur team.

Also note there Are Marvel team cards in the 1991 set which technically show characters that haven't been done in the Marvel Legends like Namorita who is seen on the New Warriors card. Since she isn't specifically mentioned by name and dones't have her own individual card in the set we aren't counting her here, though again we assume eventually we will get a figure of her to round out our New Warriors team.

So who are the six characters that make the cut, well they are Speedball, Sleepwalker, Nebula, Saracen, Deathwatch, Blackout, Baron Mordo and Calypso. If you want to see all the cards featured in the 1991 set you can check them out here.

One other possible additions is Mephisto which is featured on a Vs card going up against Silver Surfer. Since that is an individual card I am only going to list them a possible but less likely candidates.

So right off the bat I can tell you Speedball is very likely to be one of the figures Hasbro was teasing. I know this because I have seen info that suggests he will be part of that Avengers Comic Wave I told you about a few weeks ago that will also have USAgent.

As for the second figure, and remember there could be more than 2, I don't know. I have not seen any info at this time suggesting any of the other 7 characters are getting the Marvel Legends treatment next year. If I had a guess, Sleepwalker, Baron Mordo or a comic book based Nebula seem like the most likely choices, but Hasbro does like their obscure characters.

Which character out of these choices do you most want to see get a Marvel Legends figure next year?
Marvel-Legends-2022-Possibilities3.thumb.jpg.c5da17d58cd3b2476698b0f2f4fb0e69.jpgMarvel-Legends-2022-Possibilities2.thumb.jpg.9dcb6d8168c4ac332f5dd3d3484eae54.jpg

Marvel-Legends-2022-Possibilities1.jpg

Marvel-Legends-2022-Possibilities.jpg

On 9/14/2021 at 7:02 AM, JayC said:

Two other possible addition is Mephisto which is featured on a Vs card going up against Silver Surfer and Baron Mordo going up against Dr. Strange. Since those are not individual cards I am only going to list them a possible but less likely candidate

Baron Mordo also had an individual card in the same set, though....

On 9/14/2021 at 12:02 PM, JayC said:
Yesterday during Hasbro's Marvel Legends live-stream the guys gave us a clue for at least two Marvel Legends figures they plan to release sometime in 2022. The clue they gave stated the following:

There will be at least two characters who have never appeared in Toy Biz or Hasbro Legends 6 inch line who were also featured in Marvel Universe Series 2 (1991) card set.

Ryan Ting on social media went on to clarify that MCU based figures do not count.

Below we have gathered the cards of the 7 characters that have never had a comic book based 6" Marvel Legends figure done from either Hasbro or Toy Biz.

Note we are assuming costume variations don't count. For instance there is a card for Rachel Summers in her red spiked outfit that we have never gotten a figure for, but Hasbro has done a comic version of Rachel Summers before. Therefore we aren't counting here for this list though we are pretty sure Hasbro at some point will get around to doing that one so we can round out our Excalibur team.

Also note there Are Marvel team cards in the 1991 set which technically show characters that haven't been done in the Marvel Legends like Namorita who is seen on the New Warriors card. Since she isn't specifically mentioned by name and dones't have her own individual card in the set we aren't counting her here, though again we assume eventually we will get a figure of her to round out our New Warriors team.

Two other possible additions are Mephisto which is featured on a Vs card going up against Silver Surfer and Baron Mordo going up against Dr. Strange. Since those are not individual cards I am only going to list them a possible but less likely candidates.

So who are the six characters that make the cut, well they are Speedball, Sleepwalker, Nebula, Saracen, Deathwatch, Blackout and Calypso. If you want to see all the cards featured in the 1991 set you can check them out here.

So right off the bat I can tell you Speedball is very likely to be one of the figures Hasbro was teasing. I know this because I have seen info that suggests he will be part of that Avengers Comic Wave I told you about a few weeks ago that will also have USAgent.

As for the second figure, and remember there could be more than 2, I don't know. I have not seen any info at this time suggesting any of the other 6 characters are getting the Marvel Legends treatment next year. If I had a guess, Sleepwalker or a comic book based Nebula seem like the most likely choices, but Hasbro does seem to like their obscure characters.

Which character out of these choices do you most want to see get a Marvel Legends figure next year?
Marvel-Legends-2022-Possibilities3.thumb.jpg.c5da17d58cd3b2476698b0f2f4fb0e69.jpgMarvel-Legends-2022-Possibilities2.thumb.jpg.9dcb6d8168c4ac332f5dd3d3484eae54.jpg

Marvel-Legends-2022-Possibilities.jpg

Marvel-Legends-2022-Possibilities1.jpg

You forgot Death's Head 

On 9/14/2021 at 7:32 AM, leokearon said:

That was Death's Head 2 who is a different character.

That gets to be splinting hairs so Im not counting him for the same reason I dont count variant costumes. If that ends up being the figure you can come back and tell me I told you so.

On 9/14/2021 at 7:38 AM, rushfx80 said:

Team and vs cards also count

Screenshot_20210913-184832_Instagram.jpg

LOL well that opens it up more but to the point we could guess till we are blue in the face.  The fact is Speedball is almost def one and the other one has to many possibilities to be able to figure it out.

On 9/14/2021 at 12:36 PM, JayC said:

That gets to be splinting hairs so Im not counting him for the same reason I dont count variant costumes. If that ends up being the figure you can come back and tell me I told you so.

He's not a costume variant, he's a completely different character. That's like saying Miles is a costume variant of Peter Parker. Or Vision is a costume variant of Wonderman.

Also if that's your insane troll logic then Baron Mardo and Nebula don't count either since they had Marvel Legends figures before.

On 9/14/2021 at 7:48 AM, leokearon said:

He's not a costume variant, he's a completely different character. That's like saying Miles is a costume variant of Peter Parker. Or Vision is a costume variant of Wonderman.

Also if that's your insane troll logic then Baron Mardo and Nebula don't count either since they had Marvel Legends figures before.

LOL, Baron Modo and Nubula  have never had comic figures but dude I don't care. The possibilities are infinite especially if your throwing in the team and vs cards. Your right Death's Head could get a figure, they all could. What I do know and is the info you should be walking away with is  Speedball is 99.9% coming next year, whatever else is coming your guess is as good as mine.

On 9/14/2021 at 7:58 AM, RyanDaly said:

Speedball would be my first choice, and it sounds like he's a lock. For the other figure (assuming it's only one), I hope it's Baron Mordo, but I would be okay with Nebula and Blackout, too. Oh, and Mephisto, of course.

LOL, hell I say go big and give us Griffin 🙂

s2_006_f.jpg

On 9/14/2021 at 8:03 AM, JayC said:

LOL, hell I say go big and give us Griffin 🙂

s2_006_f.jpg

Just use that card to bring the Riders back! We* all want Hawkeye and his sky-cycle, Valkyrie on her winged horse, Nightmare on his black horse... I'm sure some folks would love Apocalypse's other non-winged horsemen as well.

* by "we" I mean me.

On 9/14/2021 at 12:56 PM, JayC said:

LOL, Baron Modo and Nubula  have never had comic figures but dude I don't care. The possibilities are infinite especially if your throwing in the team and vs cards. Your right Death's Head could get a figure, they all could. What I do know and is the info you should be walking away with is  Speedball is 99.9% coming next year, whatever else is coming your guess is as good as mine.

No, your logic is that if a figure has the same name as a character they must be the same character and therefore can't be counted. We already had figures called Nebula and Mordo so they clearly can't count.

Speedball is no surprise given they ate doing New Warriors, though whether it would be a Spidey wave or an Avenger wave (he was a teacher at Avengers Academy but does that count?)

Mordo is also likely if there is a MOM wave.

Blackout and Deathwatch could be part of a rumoured Ghost Rider Retro wave.

Death's Head could be part of a TF/Marvel Legends collaboration.

On 9/14/2021 at 8:08 AM, leokearon said:

No, your logic is that if a figure has the same name as a character they must be the same character and therefore can't be counted. We already had figures called Nebula and Mordo so they clearly can't count.

Speedball is no surprise given they ate doing New Warriors, though whether it would be a Spidey wave or an Avenger wave (he was a teacher at Avengers Academy but does that count?)

My logic is you are seemingly trying to pick a fight for whatever reason IDK. Nobody is telling you Death's Head couldn't be a figure.  Yet your still on about it????

Speedball is not a guess regardless of how logical it is or isnt, but everything else is, so having an argument about guesses not only is ridiculous its a waste of time.

On 9/14/2021 at 8:49 AM, tarot said:

I think we already know who one of the carded figure thanks to @JayC and him leaking the xmen wave. Of course I'm talking about siryn

While Siryn is very likely coming next year and has never been done before, she is not featured on any of the Marvel cards is she?

I'm excited to hear that it's likely we'll finally be getting Speedball!! I think that I'd honestly be happy with any of these options as the 2nd one. Blackout would probably be the one I'd want most though.

For yesterday's reveals, I don't think there's anything that is a must-have for me. I'll pre-order Hammerhead, but he's the only that I know that I intend to get. Hobgoblin is a character that I think that I've bought every figure ever made for, so I could see myself potentially caving on this one too. I like that Shocker better than the versions that I have but might just stick with what I've already got. I passed on the previous offerings of Falcon and Loki so I'll likely pass again. No interest in any of those Spideys. Will be pre-ordering the Excalibur 3-pack, 3 SHIELD 2-packs and 2-3 Skrulls today!