Hasbro Marvel Legends Live-Stream September 2021 Coverage

JayC

I think Speedball is a gimme. It's a cheap repaint that should be done with the Pizza Spidey mold, but will probably be done with the Sunfire mold, cuz that skinny kid is supposed to be as buff as Silver Surfer and Moon Knight. It's already been expected and they've already started in with the New Warriors anyway, but they're gonna give themselves a double tap on the back and go with the "never been done before" tag as well. Which is okay, I guess. The second figure is a mystery. My heart says Blackout or Deathwatch cuz I really want some more villains for Ghost Rider, but my logic says Mordo cuz there's already a familiarity built up around that character and Doctor Strange is also badly in need of villains. Notice though, that the majority of the available candidates are all mystical characters which are a major shortage in ML in general. I know there's that theory that Disney is trying to steer away from the occultic sybolism in some of those darker characters, but the MCU took the whole "science and magic are the same" angle without ruffling too many feathers so they should be able to do it in ML.

Ideally, Speedball shoulda already been on the schedule a long time ago and this tease should have involved two other characters like Deathwatch and Blackout. Blackout would be so easy with a bit of tinkering on the Netflix Punisher buck and Deathwatch could finally make some use out of the Spider UK buck, but I think those two will get put off once again.

Final answer: Speedball and Baron Mordo.

On 9/14/2021 at 9:39 AM, monron999 said:

I think Speedball is a gimme. It's a cheap repaint that should be done with the Pizza Spidey mold, but will probably be done with the Sunfire mold, cuz that skinny kid is supposed to be as buff as Silver Surfer and Moon Knight. It's already been expected and they've already started in with the New Warriors anyway, but they're gonna give themselves a double tap on the back and go with the "never been done before" tag as well. Which is okay, I guess. The second figure is a mystery. My heart says Blackout or Deathwatch cuz I really want some more villains for Ghost Rider, but my logic says Mordo cuz there's already a familiarity built up around that character and Doctor Strange is also badly in need of villains. Notice though, that the majority of the available candidates are all mystical characters which are a major shortage in ML in general. I know there's that theory that Disney is trying to steer away from the occultic sybolism in some of those darker characters, but the MCU took the whole "science and magic are the same" angle without ruffling too many feathers so they should be able to do it in ML.

Ideally, Speedball shoulda already been on the schedule a long time ago and this tease should have involved two other characters like Deathwatch and Blackout. Blackout would be so easy with a bit of tinkering on the Netflix Punisher buck and Deathwatch could finally make some use out of the Spider UK buck, but I think those two will get put off once again.

Final answer: Speedball and Baron Mordo.

Well they specifically said at least two which means more than two could be coming. The reality is the clue is simply meant to get people talking like we are here. There is no way to actually decipher from it whats actually coming and they know that. While we can assume sooner or later characters like Speedball are coming just like we can assume Wolfsbane, Feral, Rachel Summers and slew of others are eventually going to come we don't know when. The only reason I can pin Speedball down for next year is because I have seen it listed elsewhere.

The truth is we will probably see everyone of these characters done eventually. This clue is no different than when Hasbro says oh we've discussed it. I am sure they have discussed every character in the Marvel library and like I say, as long as the line continues long enough they will eventually do everyone.

On 9/14/2021 at 2:50 PM, JayC said:

Well they specifically said at least two which means more than two could be coming. The reality is the clue is simply meant to get people talking like we are here. There is no way to actually decipher from it whats actually coming and they know that. While we can assume sooner or later characters like Speedball are coming just like we can assume Wolfsbane, Feral, Rachel Summers and slew of others are eventually going to come we don't know when. The only reason I can pin Speedball down for next year is because I have seen it listed elsewhere.

The truth is we will probably see everyone of these characters done eventually. This clue is no different than when Hasbro says oh we've discussed it. I am sure they have discussed every character in the Marvel library and like I say, as long as the line continues long enough they will eventually do everyone.

Especially when you realise that since they said the Vs and teams count you go from about 8-10 guess to roughly 20 since it includes the likes of the marauders 

On 9/14/2021 at 9:56 AM, leokearon said:

Speaking of clues anyone have any clue on what that oil drum is for?

My first thought when I saw it was some kind of drum to attach to a display base similar to the ones that came with the old Toy Biz figures making me think it was a tease for what ever the Toy Biz Anniversary line is they have been seemingly hinting to. However I have not been able to find an of the old Toy Biz bases that had a drum like that so I dont really know at this point.

On 9/14/2021 at 10:01 AM, The Mad Bubbler said:

Feral is on the X-Force team card. My guess is that we will, at least get Feral and Speedball, but we'll see. 

Feral is certainly possible from the clue stand point, but at this time I have not seen anything to suggest she is def coming next year. I wish I had. And that of course doesn't mean she's not coming next year, I just can't say with any certainty she is.

Come on Speedball! One step closer to my complete New Warriors!

If we are talking chatacters shown in team cards, then Namorita and Marvel Boy (Justice) are also in the loop. I'm 100% up for a Sleepwalker figure but feel we're more likely to get Nebula or Baron Mordo which I'm also fine with, though not as excited about. 

I would however but a Ghost Rider, Blackout and Deathwatch 3-pack. 😁

On 9/14/2021 at 9:04 AM, RyanDaly said:

My first thought was Paste Pot Pete, as in the drum was full of his hot glue stuff (especially since it has a port) but I can't find any example of PPP/Trapster wearing a costume like that. 

Yeah, I thought that, too, The only other thing the drum/barrel made me think of was the barrels of chemicals on the truck from the accident that gave young Matt Murdock his power, but we've had plenty of Daredevil figures, and I don't think they're making a young Matt Murdock with chemical barrel...

On 9/14/2021 at 9:04 AM, JayC said:

Feral is certainly possible from the clue stand point, but at this time I have not seen anything to suggest she is def coming next year. I wish I had. And that of course doesn't mean she's not coming next year, I just can't say with any certainty she is.

Fingers crossed- having both her and Siryn next year to complete that X-Force roster would be great.

Looking through the cards I believe this is all the characters on the cards that haven't gotten a figure

1. Death's head
  2. Speedball
  3. Saraceb
  4. Deathwatch
  5. Blackout
  6. Calypso
  7. Sleepwalker
  8. Griffin  (On Namor's card)
  9. Nebula
  10. Baron Mordo
  11. Moondragon (avengers vs Kang)
  12. Mephisto
  13. Feral
  14. Sersi
  15. Namorita
  16. Justice as Marvel Boy
  17. Goliath (Josten)
  18. Fixer
  19. Yellowjacket (Demara)
  20. Vertigo
  21. Scalphunter
  22. Arclight
  23. Riptide
  24. Harpoon
  25. Prism
  26. Scrambler

Shown below are official images for the newly announced wave of Marvel Legends Spider-Man Retro Cardback figures from Hasbro. You can pre-order these from our sponsors BigBadToyStore.com and EntertainmentEarth.

The wave includes the following figures:

-Symbiote Spider-Man
3 Pairs of hands

-Ben Reilly Spider-Man
3 Pairs of hands

-Spider-Armor Mk-1
2 Pairs of hands
2 Web effects

-Hobgoblin
Glider
Pumpkin bomb
Satchel

-Hammerhead
2 Pairs of hands
Baseball bat

-Shocker
2 Pairs of hands
2 Blast effects

Spider-Man-Retro-Wave-01.jpg

Spider-Man-Retro-Wave-02.jpg

Spider-Man-Retro-Wave-03.jpg

Spider-Man-Retro-Wave-04.jpg

Spider-Man-Retro-Wave-05.jpg

Spider-Man-Retro-Wave-06.jpg

Spider-Man-Retro-Wave-07.jpg

Spider-Man-Retro-Wave-08.jpg

Spider-Man-Retro-Wave-09.jpg

Spider-Man-Retro-Wave-10.jpg

Spider-Man-Retro-Wave-11.jpg

Spider-Man-Retro-Wave-12.jpg

Spider-Man-Retro-Wave-13.jpg

Spider-Man-Retro-Wave-14.jpg

Spider-Man-Retro-Wave-15.jpg

Spider-Man-Retro-Wave-16.jpg

Spider-Man-Retro-Wave-17.jpg

Spider-Man-Retro-Wave-18.jpg

Spider-Man-Retro-Wave-19.jpg

Spider-Man-Retro-Wave-20.jpg

Spider-Man-Retro-Wave-21.jpg

Spider-Man-Retro-Wave-22.jpg

Spider-Man-Retro-Wave-23.jpg

Spider-Man-Retro-Wave-24.jpg

Spider-Man-Retro-Wave-25.jpg

Spider-Man-Retro-Wave-26.jpg

Spider-Man-Retro-Wave-27.jpg

Spider-Man-Retro-Wave-28.jpg

Spider-Man-Retro-Wave-29.jpg

Spider-Man-Retro-Wave-30.jpg

Spider-Man-Retro-Wave-31.jpg

Spider-Man-Retro-Wave-32.jpg

Spider-Man-Retro-Wave-33.jpg

Spider-Man-Retro-Wave-34.jpg

Spider-Man-Retro-Wave-35.jpg

Spider-Man-Retro-Wave-36.jpg

Spider-Man-Retro-Wave-37.jpg

Spider-Man-Retro-Wave-38.jpg

Spider-Man-Retro-Wave-39.jpg

Spider-Man-Retro-Wave-40.jpg

Spider-Man-Retro-Wave-41.jpg

Spider-Man-Retro-Wave-42.jpg

Spider-Man-Retro-Wave-43.jpg

Spider-Man-Retro-Wave-44.jpg

Spider-Man-Retro-Wave-45.jpg

Spider-Man-Retro-Wave-46.jpg

Spider-Man-Retro-Wave-47.jpg

Spider-Man-Retro-Wave-48.jpg

On 9/14/2021 at 8:01 AM, leokearon said:

Vance Astro is a very different character to Vance Astrovik in my opinion.

True. Not just your opinion- Vance Astrovik is considered an alternate timeline version from the original member of the Guardians of the Galaxy, Vance Astro. I sure do wish they'd finish off the team. They've done the 4" versions of Vance and Yondu, but only a 6" of Vance (and frankly that buck they had him on was too big).