Hasbro Marvel Legends Live-Stream September 2021 Coverage

JayC

On 9/15/2021 at 1:08 PM, RyanDaly said:

My most desired Spider-Man character now is a brand new classic Lizard. The fact that they have taken previous build-a-figures Sandman, Kingpin, and likely Rhino and re-released them on retro cards--and I'm especially focusing on the Sandman because they didn't just repackage him, they overhauled him. That's what I want from the Lizard. Chuck the inhuman dinosaur look; save that for Sssstegron. I want the Lizard more like how Ditko, Romita, Kane, etc. drew him. Some of this is favoritism because Lizard is probably my favorite Spidey villain and the figure shown below was my first Spider-Man toy back in the '90s. 

spacer.png

Other Spidey villains I would like on the retro cards is a new version of Chameleon. In this case, I don't want him in the blue tactical suit that he wore in the animated series that they made a toy of in the '90s. I want him wearing the purple smoking jacket with the yellow ascot. I'm also all for a Tarantula figure that seems like a popular request these days. Bring him on. I also wouldn't mind another version of Doc Ock, but truthfully I only want new bendable tentacles.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

I definitely see us getting Lizard, Scorpion, Vulture, Doc Ock and a few others that have been previously released on retro cards. Lizard will get a new classic head and maybe legs, Scorpion will get the toybiz paint job with the open cowl and I honestly don't know how they'd do Doc Ock or Vulture differently. Tarantula seems like the perfect choice for a retro wave, just a Sunfire body with new feet and a new head. I've also been really wanting a new, classic Chameleon, no matter what costume they put him in, he'd need a new mold.

Other than that, I wouldn't mind a Last Stand Spidey maybe on the Morbius buck, Carnage would look good on the retro card, preferably Bagley-style. Also Hydro-Man. And Prowler. I could go on for a while lol.

On 9/15/2021 at 7:59 PM, Fyrefly21 said:

Ideally I'd also want Swarm, but I genuinely don't know how you sculpt a person made out of bees. 

I think they could do some of the texturing effect they did on the new Surtur figure for Swarm. That and some very skillful paint apps could give the illusion of the living swarm of bugs. But holy hell, it would be a lot of work for them.

On 9/15/2021 at 9:07 PM, RyanDaly said:

I think they could do some of the texturing effect they did on the new Surtur figure for Swarm. That and some very skillful paint apps could give the illusion of the living swarm of bugs. But holy hell, it would be a lot of work for them.

I haven't gotten Surtur in-person to see how they handled him up close yet, but that seems like our best bet. Of course we all know how frequently Hasbro and "skillful paint apps" go hand-in-hand lol

On 9/15/2021 at 9:07 PM, RyanDaly said:

Obviously terrible articulation but ToyBiz did a really cool textured look for their Swarm I always thought was pretty cool. 

Edit: forgot to add the pic

On 9/15/2021 at 3:43 AM, Virtualzach said:

There's almost no benefit to being "Pulse premium" or whatever they're calling it now, aside from the free shipping on single figures.  I'm a non-paying Pulse member and still get free shipping on $50 and above, like most other sites.  No problems today buying the Pulse "exclusive" Excalibur 3 pack.  The few times during that first year that I was able to order truly exclusive items (as in, when I was paying for membership), the items were sold out within mins so I said screw it.

Pulse is a decent place to buy if you don't mind waiting a month or two longer than other distributors.  In fact, there's really no reason at all going through BBTS unless you just want your stuff super fast and are willing to pay more for it.  My current purchasing method:  Pre-order everything I want through Pulse and then cancel individual figures if I find them cheaper/on sale faster than Pulse.  I never miss out on a figure that's hoarded that way and still minimize spending.  In most cases, I end up saving $20-40 on a set because it takes that long for Pulse to fulfill my order and I've already picked up a few figures $5-10 off by the time they ship.

Ehh I don’t know, I didn’t hear anyone say they missed out on the Excalibur set. The bonus of being a Pulse member for me was getting my limit on army builders. Like, exactly the amount I wanted (well, almost damn 5 Skrull limit).

Just an hour after 2 pm EST I saw posts from non members saying they missed out on the army builders. This, to me made me glad I spent the money on a Pulse membership. 

So “worth it” is certainly subjective 

- “I've got to be literally the only person on this board that is getting sick of the endless 'reveals' - which are now taking place weekly.”

I too have lamented that the rate of reveals can feel overwhelming but have concluded that the product we are getting is predominately the highest quality and I honestly could not be happier.. 

true, certain sets have flown under the radar like the Red Guardian/ Melina box. I had COMPLETELY forgotten about before spotting it in a GameStop. Literally forgot to look for it while I was searching for a green She-Hulk and few other things. The recent MCU Vulture redo is another that got lost. I was reminded of it the other day so I’ll be looking for that one too

and be careful what you wish for. Hasbro certainly can’t keep this pace up forever and when they do slow down we may wish we were still building our collections at a break neck speed.

On 9/15/2021 at 3:59 PM, Fyrefly21 said:

"....Ideally I'd also want Swarm, but I genuinely don't know how you sculpt a person made out of bees...."

Maybe a kind of opaque/translucent form with "floating" deco bees inside, and a molded ones on the surface. Not sure how they'd pull it off, but if they can do that, certainly they can do Martinex....and then finish off the Guardians of the Galaxy...

On 9/15/2021 at 5:19 PM, tarot said:

A general rule of the collecting community is never say "no one asked for this". You may not like the choices but I know plenty of people who love all these choice. While I agree some of the choices are not everyone's cup of tea, but don't speak for everybody. 

Respect that others may like what you don't. 

I don't speak for anybody but myself. Never have. Never will. And I'm most definitely NOT part of a collecting community. I learnt respect at a very, very young age, in very painful ways. 

I didn't say "What everyone wants is this..." (though I did say "...that no-one asked for..." - and I'm sticking with that for THE MAJORITY OF FIGURES revealed) I didn't say "I know better than everyone else, and if you disagree with what I said you're an a-hole." Here's the actual words:

This isn't a whinge about Hasbro's choice of figure(s) and I wish no disrespect at all to people who DID like, or love, these latest batches, and the frequency of the reveals in 2021.

I guess the text is kind of offensive, isn't it? The whole 'What do posters think about FREQUENCY and CHOICE in respect of Marvel Legends in 2021?" was so off-colour, wasn't it? Boy, are my cheeks red. I'm a terrible person. What can I say?

And then after that - knocking it up another notch - BAM! I gave MY view. Not the paid-for YouTube view. Not the Hasbro view. Not the Marvellous News view. Just mine.

If you make the mistake of thinking everything you say is a fact and universally agreed upon, a priori, you are probably either (a). Donald Trump or (b). In need of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. 

I mean, Tarot - are YOU the collecting community? Cartesian-dualism wise? Y'know, Cogito ergo sum and all that?  Of course you are! Why, you 'know plenty of people who love all these choice' (grammer/syntax) so you must be. 

Don't patronise. It comes back with interest.

On 9/19/2021 at 4:10 PM, LandoTucker said:

I don't speak for anybody but myself. Never have. Never will. And I'm most definitely NOT part of a collecting community. I learnt respect at a very, very young age, in very painful ways. 

I didn't say "What everyone wants is this..." (though I did say "...that no-one asked for..." - and I'm sticking with that for THE MAJORITY OF FIGURES revealed) I didn't say "I know better than everyone else, and if you disagree with what I said you're an a-hole." Here's the actual words:

This isn't a whinge about Hasbro's choice of figure(s) and I wish no disrespect at all to people who DID like, or love, these latest batches, and the frequency of the reveals in 2021.

I guess the text is kind of offensive, isn't it? The whole 'What do posters think about FREQUENCY and CHOICE in respect of Marvel Legends in 2021?" was so off-colour, wasn't it? Boy, are my cheeks red. I'm a terrible person. What can I say?

And then after that - knocking it up another notch - BAM! I gave MY view. Not the paid-for YouTube view. Not the Hasbro view. Not the Marvellous News view. Just mine.

If you make the mistake of thinking everything you say is a fact and universally agreed upon, a priori, you are probably either (a). Donald Trump or (b). In need of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. 

I mean, Tarot - are YOU the collecting community? Cartesian-dualism wise? Y'know, Cogito ergo sum and all that?  Of course you are! Why, you 'know plenty of people who love all these choice' (grammer/syntax) so you must be. 

Don't patronise. It comes back with interest.

Dude your in a forum about collecting figures. Your part of the community whether you acknowledge it or not.

On 9/16/2021 at 12:08 AM, RyanDaly said:

My most desired Spider-Man character now is a brand new classic Lizard. The fact that they have taken previous build-a-figures Sandman, Kingpin, and likely Rhino and re-released them on retro cards--and I'm especially focusing on the Sandman because they didn't just repackage him, they overhauled him. That's what I want from the Lizard. Chuck the inhuman dinosaur look; save that for Sssstegron. I want the Lizard more like how Ditko, Romita, Kane, etc. drew him. Some of this is favoritism because Lizard is probably my favorite Spidey villain and the figure shown below was my first Spider-Man toy back in the '90s. 

spacer.png

Other Spidey villains I would like on the retro cards is a new version of Chameleon. In this case, I don't want him in the blue tactical suit that he wore in the animated series that they made a toy of in the '90s. I want him wearing the purple smoking jacket with the yellow ascot. I'm also all for a Tarantula figure that seems like a popular request these days. Bring him on. I also wouldn't mind another version of Doc Ock, but truthfully I only want new bendable tentacles.

spacer.png

New Chameleon is must, as well as Lizard with new head, while I would prefer smaller scale lizard because baf was way too oversized I can't see them doing new body, unless they can shrink baf somehow. As for Doc Ock, he got back into his white suit, at least according to covers of upcoming Spider-man comics, so this could be done with Happy Hogan body with new Torso and costume overlay.  Yeah bendable tentacles are must, I would even excuse inaccurate thickness if it means we getting them bendable.  

spacer.png

• 1 month later...
The new Marvel Legends Series S.H.I.E.L.D Agent Trooper 2-Pack has started to hit shelves overseas and thanks to danyytan. With these images we can see the hands on the S.H.I.E.L.D figures also work well with the Marvel Legends Fantastic Four Mr. Fantastic.

This 2-pack was sold as a HasbroPulse exclusive here in the US but is currently sold out. You can purchase it at places like our overseas sponsor Robotkingdom.

Marvel-Legends-Shield-Army-Builder 0.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Shield-Army-Builder 1.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Shield-Army-Builder 2.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Shield-Army-Builder 3.jpg

These army builders look to be the bucky cap buc, which seems to be going away slowly anyway. While not perfect, I will stick with my SHEILD army that was based on the old Captain America/Ka-Zar buc. They were bigger and had more removeable accessories as I recall.

On 9/19/2021 at 12:38 PM, SpiderS said:

New Chameleon is must, as well as Lizard with new head, while I would prefer smaller scale lizard because baf was way too oversized I can't see them doing new body, unless they can shrink baf somehow. As for Doc Ock, he got back into his white suit, at least according to covers of upcoming Spider-man comics, so this could be done with Happy Hogan body with new Torso and costume overlay.  Yeah bendable tentacles are must, I would even excuse inaccurate thickness if it means we getting them bendable.  

spacer.png

I hope Hasbro digs deep and gives us more Spider-man villians we have not gotten from them. Why the very easy to re-use 'suit' buc (I believe this buc dates back to the Toybiz Professor X in his wheelchair) hasn't been used to give us Mr. Negative, I really don't understand, given some of the other remakes of villians we have gotten before and have been redone more recently. And since we are talking army builders here, Mr. Negative's demon henchmen could also use the suit buc with some new head sculpts. I would buy a bunch of those. New Tarantula and Lizard figs should be made, but how about some love for Manwolf and the Looter/Meteor Man? Just saying.

On 11/1/2021 at 3:01 PM, Jormungand said:

"... hope Hasbro digs deep and gives us more Spider-man villians we have not gotten from them.... New Tarantula and Lizard figs should be made, but how about some love for Manwolf and the Looter/Meteor Man? Just saying...."

Cant imagine why they haven't done Man-Wolf yet; certainly need him and besides, its a good jump-off for Werewolf By Night. Tarantula, Equinox, Madame Webb, accurate Lizard and Rhino, and Carrion would be great.

Trying to stay on topic by referring to the mention of Swarm as a beehive builder, lol. I would love to see that character made. It may not be as difficult as it may seem. Imagine a rough, uneven surface to the buc on a translucent yellow/gold mold. Then differing amounts of black applied uneveningly over the surface. I picture it being similar to the recent mcu Surtur. I think it could work without having to try to make a surface covered with tiny bees. Madame Web is another great call. Another I thought of was Will-o-wisp and the classic Spider Slayer robot, complete with JJJ's face in the head/ monitor. No love for Looter/Meteor Man guys? He was my first Spidey villian I picked up as a comic. S'okay, no one probably remembers him, lol.

On 11/1/2021 at 4:36 PM, Jormungand said:

"...No love for Looter/Meteor Man guys? He was my first Spidey villian I picked up as a comic. S'okay, no one probably remembers him, lol..."

You probably hit on the reason there's no love for the Looter- he's just not that memorable. He found a meteor, inhaled some gas from it, became super strong. He thought he was a genius because he came up with the name "Looter". Went on a bank looting rampage (because he's the Looter), tangled with Spider-Man, and lost. Oh and don't forget the giant helium balloon he has stashed in his backback, that allows him speedy get aways (let's face it, this isn't one of Stan's more inspired ideas).

After Spidey beats him, he goes to jail for years and is a model con, till he runs into a thug who calls him a liar, when he says he fought Spidey to a stand still. He gets mad at the thug and get this:  tells him it never occurred to him to use his super strength to escape (so he has a lame name and is a moron, to boot).  He busts down a wall and off he goes. 

On the other hand, they made a Frog Man figure, so why not Looter? I'm sure somebody would want to display him floating from the ceiling with his ridiculous helium balloon.