Hasbro Marvel Legends Live-Stream September 2021 Coverage

JayC

On 11/1/2021 at 7:03 PM, Jormungand said:

See Atlantis, you made my case for me! LOL! I do think people would love his balloon shute though. That would be cool to display from the ceiling, lol!

Its a sickness, giving people bad ideas. Now you know everyone of these "reviewers" is gonna have to have that in their back ground display when they're groveling at the hasbro team....

In the words of James T. Kirk...."my god, Bones, what have I done...."

I like that the Shield Agents 2 pack figs have a different more royal blue Paint then the original Nick Fury which seemed more Navy, the Royal Blue is really nice, I'm stoked about these figures because they have so much potential to be just straight soldiers or whomever you want really, I plan on one being with the helmet and one as Nick Fury Jr before his eye accident.

On 11/2/2021 at 1:09 AM, NotNamed said:

All those pouches look a bit early 90s to me.

Really?  I'm not getting that.  S.H.I.E.L.D. agents have always been a pretty pouch-laden bunch down through the decades, both before and after the 1990s.  I don't think it's overly done here.

On the plus side for you, the thigh pouches at least are often more difficult to keep on the figures than take off.  You could always lose those pretty easily.

1327334564_Screenshot(28).thumb.png.9c0d26c16bd74ef240eae9869e4a9c9f.png   127737343_Clay_Quartermain_(Earth-9997)_Earth_X_Vol_1_.thumb.webp.06e24cad76518096fc4d28c5d3e849be.webp  Timothy_Dugan_(Earth-616)_from_Howling_Commandos_of_S.H.I.E.L.D._Vol_1_4_001.thumb.webp.dbb2385a57aea34c328584444e949359.webp  1809319-shieldcw.thumb.jpg.c157dc97a8c4ba31ca2808b27a6b9cec.jpg

On 11/1/2021 at 9:39 PM, Psychosomatic said:

Loving the brighter blue color, but I am keeping my darker ones too! Hope we get female Shield agents, and a Dum Dum Dugan eventually too!

Like they did for the Hydra troops, they need to make a few figures bigger/bulkier (enforcer) than the rest. That way they can get a decent Dum Dum in. 

I always thought Marvel's answer to GI Joe could have been SHIELD troops; maybe not as individually stylized, but close. A 4 pack troop builder with 2 female agent bodies, 4 heads, male agent with alt head, and bigger male agent with alt heads would be great.

On 11/2/2021 at 9:18 AM, MonsterChris said:

Really?  I'm not getting that.  S.H.I.E.L.D. agents have always been a pretty pouch-laden bunch down through the decades, both before and after the 1990s.  I don't think it's overly done here.

On the plus side for you, the thigh pouches at least are often more difficult to keep on the figures than take off.  You could always lose those pretty easily.

1327334564_Screenshot(28).thumb.png.9c0d26c16bd74ef240eae9869e4a9c9f.png   127737343_Clay_Quartermain_(Earth-9997)_Earth_X_Vol_1_.thumb.webp.06e24cad76518096fc4d28c5d3e849be.webp  Timothy_Dugan_(Earth-616)_from_Howling_Commandos_of_S.H.I.E.L.D._Vol_1_4_001.thumb.webp.dbb2385a57aea34c328584444e949359.webp  1809319-shieldcw.thumb.jpg.c157dc97a8c4ba31ca2808b27a6b9cec.jpg

Fair enough. I guess I just see a bunch of pouches and immediately think "Liefeld."

spacer.png

On 11/2/2021 at 4:07 PM, Atlantis said:

Like they did for the Hydra troops, they need to make a few figures bigger/bulkier (enforcer) than the rest. That way they can get a decent Dum Dum in. 

I always thought Marvel's answer to GI Joe could have been SHIELD troops; maybe not as individually stylized, but close. A 4 pack troop builder with 2 female agent bodies, 4 heads, male agent with alt head, and bigger male agent with alt heads would be great.

Totally agree! The Doc Ock buck could work for Dum Dum (put a vest or jet pack on him and you don't even need to change that pack piece with the ports), but other sizes like you said would be great.  Eventually they could make army builder sets with combos from different groups (Hydra, Shield, Hellfire Goon, Skrull, Aim, Kree, Brood, Hand, Nova Corps). I have said it here before, I am still surprised Hasbro never thought to make Skrull accessories (heads, hands, arms, etc) for major characters (Wolverine, Cap, Ironman, Spiderman) to include with characters in a wave...seems like a no brainer.

On 11/1/2021 at 8:13 AM, JayC said:
The new Marvel Legends Series S.H.I.E.L.D Agent Trooper 2-Pack has started to hit shelves overseas and thanks to danyytan

Marvel-Legends-Shield-Army-Builder 0.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Shield-Army-Builder 2.jpg

Good review, even though he does sound a bit robotic with his delivery. Good to know the original Shield agent figure's hands can't be removed (not that I was going to do that anyway). The wash on the older one is nice but I don't miss it on the new. The helmet though could use some love; I do agree that the red visor should've had more sheen, to give it a better look.

As I'm looking at the figures I notice something Hasbro missed: there's no neck/collar detailing on the uniform. Even if they didn't want to make it white, some kind of molded piece would look better. Also, a tactical headset/mic would go well with the un-helmeted head.

Of course, the more detail and options you add, the more they move away from "troop builder" but still. They should think about a nice 3-4 pack set, so a female agent and larger, "enforcer" type agent can be included. Toss in multiple heads, weapons, maybe a SHIELD jetpack....

On 11/5/2021 at 12:01 AM, Atlantis said:

Good review, even though he does sound a bit robotic with his delivery. Good to know the original Shield agent figure's hands can't be removed (not that I was going to do that anyway). The wash on the older one is nice but I don't miss it on the new. The helmet though could use some love; I do agree that the red visor should've had more sheen, to give it a better look.

As I'm looking at the figures I notice something Hasbro missed: there's no neck/collar detailing on the uniform. Even if they didn't want to make it white, some kind of molded piece would look better. Also, a tactical headset/mic would go well with the un-helmeted head.

Of course, the more detail and options you add, the more they move away from "troop builder" but still. They should think about a nice 3-4 pack set, so a female agent and larger, "enforcer" type agent can be included. Toss in multiple heads, weapons, maybe a SHIELD jetpack....

Only "enforcer" type they need to throw in for SHIELD are the classic Mandroids with a removable helmet that then you can pop on a SHIELD grunt head. Either release them as a deluxe package with a Dum Dum Duggan or as a BAF in an Avengers wave.

oSxWVDg.jpgEJPtOZE.jpg

On 11/5/2021 at 7:21 PM, Gigantor said:

Only "enforcer" type they need to throw in for SHIELD are the classic Mandroids with a removable helmet that then you can pop on a SHIELD grunt head. Either release them as a deluxe package with a Dum Dum Duggan or as a BAF in an Avengers wave.

oSxWVDg.jpgEJPtOZE.jpg

I would prefer the Mandroid to be a stand alone figure, so people could army build them.

On 11/6/2021 at 12:14 AM, leokearon said:

I would prefer the Mandroid to be a stand alone figure, so people could army build them.

That makes sense, because that's more or less how they were shown....only concern would be the price point. Troops for that kind of thing tend to run a little less than a regular figure, and the Mandroids are definitely larger than a regular figure. 

On 11/6/2021 at 9:42 AM, Atlantis said:

That makes sense, because that's more or less how they were shown....only concern would be the price point. Troops for that kind of thing tend to run a little less than a regular figure, and the Mandroids are definitely larger than a regular figure. 

I'm sure Hasbro wouldn't mind selling Deluxe Army Builders.

On 11/6/2021 at 12:04 PM, leokearon said:

I'm sure Hasbro wouldn't mind selling Deluxe Army Builders.

Dunno bout that. Otherwise, we woulda had classic Sentinels a while ago.  Classic Mandroids would have to be max of 8'-9' tall, Hasbro is always using the "large figs take shelf space " excuse card so I think the only  way we'd get these "deluxe" figs would be via Hasbro Pulse ,Amazon, EE, etc.  Speaking of deluxe, Hasbro needs to redo classic Sasquatch at an actual 10 inch scale being as he's a 10 footer in the comics, with alternate snarling/yelling head sculpt, open claw raking hands , grabbing hands & fists! 

I agree that Sasquatch should be re-done, and while theyre at it they need to get Marrina in there. She was, after all, an original Alpha Flight member. Add to that Box, and an improved Guardian (because the one they did was sloppy, had an out of character face, and just would look cool with a metallic red paint as they had in the prototype). 

On 11/6/2021 at 8:17 PM, Gigantor said:

Dunno bout that. Otherwise, we woulda had classic Sentinels a while ago.  Classic Mandroids would have to be max of 8'-9' tall, Hasbro is always using the "large figs take shelf space " excuse card so I think the only  way we'd get these "deluxe" figs would be via Hasbro Pulse ,Amazon, EE, etc.  Speaking of deluxe, Hasbro needs to redo classic Sasquatch at an actual 10 inch scale being as he's a 10 footer in the comics, with alternate snarling/yelling head sculpt, open claw raking hands , grabbing hands & fists! 

A Classic sentinel would be closer to Surtur which isn't a deluxe figure. Mandroids in the comics are 7' 3" - 7' 5" depending on the model, which is in the height range of a Deluxe.  

On 11/6/2021 at 4:17 PM, Gigantor said:

Super late to this but yep this right here. That damn Hasbro one is just waaaaay to small. And hienslty with the last few DS releases in silver Centurion Titanium Man, and Hulk I would be pumped if they did a Sasquatch with their recent articulation scheme and looking just as good cuz idk it's tough to say if they gonna keep it rolling like this, we will see tho.