Marvel Legends Rumor Report - X-Men Wave For 2022 With Siryn

JayC

I have a new rumor report to share with you today on the Marvel Legends front. Looks like there will be a new X-Men themed wave released in the first part 2022. The wave will contain 7 figures along with one Build-A-Figure. The character selection looks to be random as in they aren't all based on one specific storyline. The only specific figure details I have to share with you at this time is that one of the regular figures in the wave looks to be based on the character Siryn. I assume it will be based on her classic green and yellow costume, however that is only my assumption as I have not seen the actual figure. If my assumption is correct then this will likely go well with the rest of your X-Force team, at least that is where I plan on displaying her. I DO NOT expect this wave to be revealed on Monday during Hasbro's next live-stream but you never know they may start to tease it. Of course as always until Hasbro gets around to officially confirming this we do recommend you treat it as rumor.

X-Men-2022-Wave.jpg

I wouldn't be surprised at all if some (if not all) of these were Hellfire Gala figures. Marvel seemed to really like promoting that event, so I'm expecting they'll do some figures

I don't expect both Siryn and Feral to make an appearance in the same wave, but I certainly don't see why Wolfsbane can't make it, especially with the new Tigra buck available. The only other thing we know for certain is there will be at least one Wolverine in this wave. I'm hoping for Savage Land Wolverine (in Fang's costume), or outback Wolverine where he's all beat to eff. Others I'm predicting are Longshot, Avalanche, Toad, Monet or possibly Marrow. Rachel Phoenix would be cool and necessary to finish out the Excalibur team, but exactly how many female figures they could put in a wave would make most of my picks not very likely.

On 9/8/2021 at 8:16 PM, monron999 said:

Rachel Phoenix would be cool and necessary to finish out the Excalibur team, but exactly how many female figures they could put in a wave would make most of my picks not very likely.

Actually the way that Ryan made it sound in the last livestream is that Rachel is coming. He could have been hinting at this wave BUT I highly doubt it.

As for outback Logan, I think the new Wolverine box set is supposed to represent that.

On 9/8/2021 at 8:35 PM, Fyrefly21 said:

I'd like to see Albert as the wave's Wolverine. Would give us a new character who's never had a Legend before, and just look like a cool robo-Wolverine to the unaware.

Yes. Albert needs to be done. Not only does he give us another Wolverine but also a brand new character that actually recently had his own mini-series.

Other then that the only Wolverines I want is an updated Astonishing, Fang (with a alternate head) or Ultimate.

I imagine Banshee and Neal Adams (drk blue/white suit) Angel are the last "classic All-New" X-Men left to be done; Angel will likely be a Big Deal and done on the deluxe tip. I doubt either will appear next year. 

Would like to see Polaris in her Dave Cockrum costume. Also I'd put Spiral, Destiny, and original Mastermind along with Leland on my list for this rumored wave.

Please can we get some Gen X folks finally, anybody, I kinda have a feeling Synch might come first. I also could imagine a Longshot coming in this wave, they def won't give us Banshee in the same wave as Siryn, or probably a Feral or Wolfsbane, probably a long over due BAF like Blob or Mojo, prob Mojo and a Longshot fig.

dreams coming true would be another Alpha Flight character and at least 1 Gen X fig, heres hoping on Armored Psylocke or her Cap Britain look.

On 9/8/2021 at 3:36 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Please can we get some Gen X folks finally, anybody, I kinda have a feeling Synch might come first. I also could imagine a Longshot coming in this wave, they def won't give us Banshee in the same wave as Siryn, or probably a Feral or Wolfsbane, probably a long over due BAF like Blob or Mojo, prob Mojo and a Longshot fig.

dreams coming true would be another Alpha Flight character and at least 1 Gen X fig, heres hoping on Armored Psylocke or her Cap Britain look.

I’m thinking that between MODOK, Surtur and the Hydra Stomper, when the time comes for Blob and Mojo it will be a single deluxe release at the $50 price point. Those characters feel too big to do via BAF, which is probably why we haven’t seen Hasbro do them before. Now that Hasbro has gotten its feet wet at that price point, we may very well see those in the next 1-2 years.

On 9/8/2021 at 5:01 PM, toycrypt said:

I'd love to see Box from Alpha Flight as the BAF. He's LONG overdo.

I'm imagining you would want the original Box to match the classic Alpha Flight we got. I would personally be fine with that or the Madison Jefferies Box. Here's hoping. 👍

I'm really hoping to finally get a classic Avalanche, Destiny, Toad and a more classic costume for Mastermind, now that they at least made his head for that Amazon exclusive box set. I think Lilandra is overdue, they made her head for that Walgreens exclusive Raven Darkholm figure a few years ago, the body shouldn't be too hard. And other figures never made that need plastic are: Random (hey, I really liked the character), Exodus, Chamber, Corsair, Casandra Nova, and maybe a Holocaust BAF (done once years ago, but that flip head-dome always broke off really easily).

If Siryn is coming, Banshee can't be far behind. We also need Angel. Classic Cyclops would be an easy crowdpleaser. I already have the 2-pack version with Dark Phoenix but I know many don't and would like to see a remake.

Sign me up for more Alpha Flight. I know some people want Marrina, but we need a BOX! And just like they recently released a bigger, angrier Colossus, let's do the same with Sasquatch!!

I could also see Blob as an X-Men BAF.

On 9/8/2021 at 3:36 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

I dunno. Are you wanting to do the entire mid 90's Gen X team setting with those team uniforms and the entire red and yellow look or are you cool with having some of the characters that are still in action but have their own thing going like M and Husk? It's just that entire look was so damn specific, similar to Quitely's X-Men, I think the best option of ever getting the entire team would be like a box set. I mean we'll surely get a Banshee soon, we've got Jubilee, I don't think Husk and Monet are outta the question, but I think they'll be in more traditional costumes and I think guys like Skin and Mondo and Gaia seem like pretty good longshots.

Don't get me wrong, if they do do them I'm all to happy to fall on my sword and always excited to get as much new product as possible, but I just don't see it.

As far as Alpha Flight, a Merina figure with a Box (original or upgraded) BAF would be soooo freaking unexpected and awesome.

And I'm with you on Betsy Psylocke. I'll take any one they wanna give us, preferably her Outback Armored look.