Marvel Legends Rumor Report - X-Men Wave For 2022 With Siryn

JayC

Sweet!! I've wanted a Siryn for a long time!

I see lots of people wanting re-do's of characters, while there are some that truly need re-do's, I'd personally much rather see so many of the X-Men related characters that have never been done before in 6" form like Rockslide, Pixie, M, Anole, Armor, Husk, Magma, Hellion, Cypher, Chamber, Quentin Quire, Sage, Surge, Dust, Madelyne Pryor, Mercury, Dr. Nemesis, Glob Herman, Marrow, Oya, Frenzy, Elixir, Madison Jeffries, Hepzibah, Corsair, Bling!, Mariko Yashida, Genesis, Blindfold, Prodigy, Leech, Dr. Cecilia Reyes, Abigail Brand, Scalphunter, Mimic, Exodus, Skin, Destiny, Synch, Dr. Kavita Rao, Pete Wisdom, Trish Tilby, Gentle, No-Girl, Skids, Match, Trance, Deathbird, Broo, Layla Miller, Feral, Artie Maddicks, Loa, Lila Cheney, Ch'od, Vanisher, Raza, Rusty Collins, Beak, Ernst, etc., etc.....      those are just some of the ones that have several hundred comic appearances and no figure yet...

I'd also love to see some kind of build-a-scene for Krakoa, even if they had to spread it across multiple waves....

On 9/8/2021 at 8:38 PM, tarot said:

Yes. Albert needs to be done. Not only does he give us another Wolverine but also a brand new character that actually recently had his own mini-series.

Other then that the only Wolverines I want is an updated Astonishing, Fang (with a alternate head) or Ultimate.

Albert would be a good choice, of course he would need Elsie-Dee 

On 9/8/2021 at 8:55 PM, Reno said:

Sweet!! I've wanted a Siryn for a long time!

I see lots of people wanting re-do's of characters, while there are some that truly need re-do's, I'd personally much rather see so many of the X-Men related characters that have never been done before in 6" form like Rockslide, Pixie, M, Anole, Armor, Husk, Magma, Hellion, Cypher, Chamber, Quentin Quire, Sage, Surge, Dust, Madelyne Pryor, Mercury, Dr. Nemesis, Glob Herman, Marrow, Oya, Frenzy, Elixir, Madison Jeffries, Hepzibah, Corsair, Bling!, Mariko Yashida, Genesis, Blindfold, Prodigy, Leech, Dr. Cecilia Reyes, Abigail Brand, Scalphunter, Mimic, Exodus, Skin, Destiny, Synch, Dr. Kavita Rao, Pete Wisdom, Trish Tilby, Gentle, No-Girl, Skids, Match, Trance, Deathbird, Broo, Layla Miller, Feral, Artie Maddicks, Loa, Lila Cheney, Ch'od, Vanisher, Raza, Rusty Collins, Beak, Ernst, etc., etc.....      those are just some of the ones that have several hundred comic appearances and no figure yet...

I'd also love to see some kind of build-a-scene for Krakoa, even if they had to spread it across multiple waves....

Totally agree with you and up to get all these figures!!

I hope we get Syrin. Then that just leaves Feral for us to complete classic X-Force I think. I am ready to walk away after the two three packs and this rumor drops. Well they got me  interested for another year at least.

Whats left:

Jim Lee X-Men:

JL Banshee

X-Factor:

Wolfsbane

X-Force:

Feral

Syrin

Excalibur:

Rachel Summers

Sorry, I'm just going to wishlist this one, as I haven't done that in about a decade. This is tabula rasa at the moment, but it's an X-Men wave, not themed to an arc/movie/era, so I'm looking forward to this. Siryn is a good start, and with six slots left and a baf...here we go:

1. Rachel Summers (Phoenix II/Excalibur #1 cover) Hasbro PROMISED this, right? This had better be here.

2. Phoenix 5 Cyclops (I know there's no chance of this, but this is a wishlist, and this guy would make my decade. Plus, cheap & easy redo).

2. Classic or Mutant X Havok - there are no good Havok figures. Either of these (both have made it to prototype stage too) would be great.

3. Exodus - 'Nuff said.

4. Avalanche (v1, squared helmet) - this one is surely a no-brainer? Although I'd be even happier with an Avalanche / Classic Banshee 2-pack, like last year's Storm/T.Bird or Rogue/Pyro two-packs.

5. Spiral (X-Force or Classic Art Adams version) - the ancient Hasbro version holds up surprisingly well, but I'd kill to see a 2021/22 update.

6. Bishop (c. UXM #350, Deathbird consort) - take Cloak's head, remove cowl, add to Bishop body, repaint and add shoulder pads. Always loved the ol' Toy Biz version of this....but what a longshot.

BAF - Box, Armor, Blob, Box, Cytorrak Colossus, Box, Mondo, Box, Nimrod-slayer Rogue, Box, S'ym. Oops, missed one: Box.

I haven't hated anyone's lists - I'd take 'em all - but basically I always, always prefer to see new guys/gals - characters never previously done. And, even if they have to do another Wolverine, that's okay: I'd really like to see Joe Mad's adamantium-free, bone claws, blue bandana, ripped tunic, 'savage' Wolverine.

Pleasantly optimistic & hoping this wave doesn't crush me like the HoX wave did. Least favourite X-wave ever, by a long way, but the Ursa Major wave has really cheered me up and AOA2 is coming. I can’t complain all the time....

On 9/9/2021 at 3:26 PM, LandoTucker said:

Sorry, I'm just going to wishlist this one, as I haven't done that in about a decade. This is tabula rasa at the moment, but it's an X-Men wave, not themed to an arc/movie/era, so I'm looking forward to this. Siryn is a good start, and with six slots left and a baf...here we go:

1. Rachel Summers (Phoenix II/Excalibur #1 cover) Hasbro PROMISED this, right? This had better be here.

2. Phoenix 5 Cyclops (I know there's no chance of this, but this is a wishlist, and this guy would make my decade. Plus, cheap & easy redo).

2. Classic or Mutant X Havok - there are no good Havok figures. Either of these (both have made it to prototype stage too) would be great.

3. Exodus - 'Nuff said.

4. Avalanche (v1, squared helmet) - this one is surely a no-brainer? Although I'd be even happier with an Avalanche / Classic Banshee 2-pack, like last year's Storm/T.Bird or Rogue/Pyro two-packs.

5. Spiral (X-Force or Classic Art Adams version) - the ancient Hasbro version holds up surprisingly well, but I'd kill to see a 2021/22 update.

6. Bishop (c. UXM #350, Deathbird consort) - take Cloak's head, remove cowl, add to Bishop body, repaint and add shoulder pads. Always loved the ol' Toy Biz version of this....but what a longshot.

BAF - Box, Armor, Blob, Box, Cytorrak Colossus, Box, Mondo, Box, Nimrod-slayer Rogue, Box, S'ym. Oops, missed one: Box.

I haven't hated anyone's lists - I'd take 'em all - but basically I always, always prefer to see new guys/gals - characters never previously done. And, even if they have to do another Wolverine, that's okay: I'd really like to see Joe Mad's adamantium-free, bone claws, blue bandana, ripped tunic, 'savage' Wolverine.

Pleasantly optimistic & hoping this wave doesn't crush me like the HoX wave did. Least favourite X-wave ever, by a long way, but the Ursa Major wave has really cheered me up and AOA2 is coming. I can’t complain all the time....

Nice list, the only two I wouldn't have much interest in would be Spiral and Bishop

On 9/8/2021 at 4:01 PM, toycrypt said:

I'd love to see Box from Alpha Flight as the BAF. He's LONG overdo. Should be easy to do if they use some of the parts from the recently released AoA Colossus. I'd definetly prefer the original (red or blue) but at this point I'll take any Box figure. 

Red/silver version all the way! 8' scale, can utilize 80th anniv Colossus arms & upper legs, just needs new lower legs, torso & head sculpt. Fist & Open, grabbing hands

4yTBaQY.jpg?1vrz96fI.jpg

On 9/8/2021 at 5:53 PM, monron999 said:

I dunno. Are you wanting to do the entire mid 90's Gen X team setting with those team uniforms and the entire red and yellow look or are you cool with having some of the characters that are still in action but have their own thing going like M and Husk? It's just that entire look was so damn specific, similar to Quitely's X-Men, I think the best option of ever getting the entire team would be like a box set. I mean we'll surely get a Banshee soon, we've got Jubilee, I don't think Husk and Monet are outta the question, but I think they'll be in more traditional costumes and I think guys like Skin and Mondo and Gaia seem like pretty good longshots.

Don't get me wrong, if they do do them I'm all to happy to fall on my sword and always excited to get as much new product as possible, but I just don't see it.

As far as Alpha Flight, a Merina figure with a Box (original or upgraded) BAF would be soooo freaking unexpected and awesome.

And I'm with you on Betsy Psylocke. I'll take any one they wanna give us, preferably her Outback Armored look.

Ideally yes I want the original Red uniforms, but I'm not opposed to getting the team in various uniforms, I'd just desire most of all the Original Red ones.

I do agree a box set would be the best place in those uniforms , box set with Chamber, Husk, M, Synch, Mondo, Skin & Penance

Yeah honestly I just want to fill out the final essential pieces to Alpha Flight, being yes Marrina, Box & Talisman, of course I'd take any others but that would just be icing

and we are do for a really good Betsy fig, on a better less spindley buck, I don't care what version Armored prefered though, but I feel like the Cap Britain version is likely coming soon.

On 9/9/2021 at 1:26 PM, Gigantor said:

Red/silver version all the way! 8' scale, can utilize 80th anniv Colossus arms & upper legs, just needs new lower legs, torso & head sculpt. Fist & Open, grabbing hands

4yTBaQY.jpg?1vrz96fI.jpg

As it's said in Quebec, Mais Oui! And yes, I'd definitely dig a classic Syrn; My classic Spider-Woman still doesn't have any worthy foes to match up with! 

Yesterday I shared a rumor with you on the Marvel Legends front telling you there was a new X-Men themed wave being released in the first part of 2022. The wave will contain 7 figures along with one Build-A-Figure. The character selection looks to be random as in they aren't all based on one specific story line. Yesterday I told you one of the figures in the wave was going to be Siryn. Well today I have the name of a second figure to share with you for that wave. Joining Siryn looks to be the character known as Darwin. Like with Siryn I have only seen the name so I don't know how the figure will actually look or what outfit he will be portrayed in. As always until Hasbro gets around to officially confirming this we do recommend you treat it as rumor.

X-Men-2022-Wave.jpg

I definitely want Siryn. Darwin I can pass on. Whether I get him depends on who the BAF is. I know people are pulling for Blob, but I think Spiral could use an update. What they did back in the day was quite impressive but she could use an update. I know a BAF of her might be odd since she isn't a large character but with the 6 arms and accessories, I could see them doing her as a BAF to do her right. 

Siryn

Darwin

Classic Longshot

Modern Longshot

X-Factor Longshot

Kid Longshot

Poolshot (Longshot dressed as Deadpool) 

BaF: Hulkbuster Longshot