Marvel Legends Rumor Report - X-Men Wave For 2022 With Siryn

JayC

On 9/9/2021 at 6:46 PM, rushfx80 said:

With how much the word "random" is being used here, it would be ironic if the baf was the character Random

Random.jpg

I'd buy it 

In all fairness, I'd be annoyed we got Siryn before Banshee. I mean, sure he's coming (and technically we do have one anyone - but he's terrible), but I'm just dying to complete the giant-sized team. 

Some I'm really hoping for - 

Toad

Avalanche

Giant-Sized Banshee 

Classic Longshot

Blue/White and/or Red/White "Halo Logo" Angel 

"Skunk hair" Rogue

Classic Havok

Feral

X-Factor Wolfsbane 

Proteus 

Destiny 

If I get even a couple of them in this wave, I'll be happy. 

Oh, I really hope Blob isn't the BAF for this wave. I'm getting close to all I need for X-Men, really just Avalanche, Toad and Blob, so I don't want to have to get a whole wave just for him. Then again, X-Men figures tend to be pretty easy to sell, so maybe I'd be ok. I also need Kitty in her pirate outfit and of course any Deadpool Hasbro wants to throw at me. Gotta supplement the Pool-Verse shelf.

I think half the fun is seeing everyone's want/need lists and the speculation over what will come next!  Funny that we all have our list of characters that if we got them we could consider leaving the hobby of collecting, and Hasbro knows this! I imagine there is a definite method to their madness to keep putting out great product while keeping all of us engaged and interested in continuing to buy.  Gen X, Giant Sized X-Men, more Alpha Flight, Marvel Monsters, X-Force (early versions with Cable, as well as the Black and Gray), Age of Apocalypse, Reavers, New Mutants, Star Jammers, Asgardians (still no Warriors Three or Siff), Retro/Classic version of Doctor Strange, Beta Ray Bill, Ronan, Drax, Nebula, Gamora, Adam Warlock, Power Man, Iron Fist, Lizard (traditional, smaller scale), Dum Dum Dugan, Wolfsbane, Army Builder Kree and the Brood, Ghost Rider villains... they just have so much yet to produce that they can't deliver all at once, and they also tend to keep highly recognizable characters (Wolverine, Cap, Ironman, Spiderman) in the mix, so that even slows down getting all of these other characters in our hands sooner. Point being, I am happy to see whatever they bring us, whether it is on my must have list or not.

Darwin, once again Hasbro, you catch me looking one way and come at me from another. Wow, totally unexpected, but not totally unwanted. I'll take it and go ahead and throw me in with the group who wants Random. Go for that 1, 2 combo knockout. Of course, seeing as he should be little more than a repainted Pizza Spidey (please get this right) with a new head sculpt it should really come as no surprise. He's just kinda fallen off the radar in recent times. Way to keep us guessing.

On 9/9/2021 at 6:17 PM, JayC said:
Yesterday I shared a rumor with you on the Marvel Legends front telling you there was a new X-Men themed wave being released in the first part of 2022. The wave will contain 7 figures along with one Build-A-Figure. The character selection looks to be random as in they aren't all based on one specific story line. Yesterday I told you one of the figures in the wave was going to be Siryn. Well today I have the name of a second figure to share with you for that wave. Joining Siryn looks to be the character known as Darwin. Like with Siryn I have only seen the name so I don't know how the figure will actually look or what outfit he will be portrayed in. As always until Hasbro gets around to officially confirming this we do recommend you treat it as rumor.

X-Men-2022-Wave.jpg

I do enjoy the randomness of the selection. Looks like they're finding a way to hit on all the teams that various fans have been asking for. Not a big fan of the AoA specific waves though they were great figures in general. We'd better enjoy and partake in these random waves as much as we can cuz once the movies get finalized it's gonna be maybe 2 comic based characters per wave that they can squeeze in between the mandatory MCU figures. Maybe we'll get some more Excalibur goodness (maybe Rachel with Widget) or some love for the Outback X-Men. I also want a Random figure, but not sure he's exactly BAF worthy. He's a big guy, but not any bigger than Colossus or even Sabretooth. My money is on Bonebreaker, speaking of Outback X-Men.

I know a lot are predicting Blob or Mojo, but per Hasbro's past tendencies I don't think they're keen on redoing former BAF's as new BAF's. More likely they'll be done, and I do think they will be done, as multi-packs like the Nimrod pack (Longshot, Spiral, Mojo....eh?) or Deluxe Editions like MODOK. Just my view on it.

On 9/10/2021 at 2:54 PM, monron999 said:

I do enjoy the randomness of the selection. Looks like they're finding a way to hit on all the teams that various fans have been asking for. Not a big fan of the AoA specific waves though they were great figures in general. We'd better enjoy and partake in these random waves as much as we can cuz once the movies get finalized it's gonna be maybe 2 comic based characters per wave that they can squeeze in between the mandatory MCU figures. Maybe we'll get some more Excalibur goodness (maybe Rachel with Widget) or some love for the Outback X-Men. I also want a Random figure, but not sure he's exactly BAF worthy. He's a big guy, but not any bigger than Colossus or even Sabretooth. My money is on Bonebreaker, speaking of Outback X-Men.

I know a lot are predicting Blob or Mojo, but per Hasbro's past tendencies I don't think they're keen on redoing former BAF's as new BAF's. More likely they'll be done, and I do think they will be done, as multi-packs like the Nimrod pack (Longshot, Spiral, Mojo....eh?) or Deluxe Editions like MODOK. Just my view on it.

Personally I would love Blob and Mojo as deluxe figures! And I still think they should make a deluxe packed Iceman with a proper ice slide display.

I missed Random as the BAF, and though the character is pure 1990's cliche (two parts Judge Dredd or Punisher, one part mutant angst, one rather stupid power) I'm okay with it (although the more classic AF Box pics are posted, the more I need this. And it would be an easy fix and re-part).

I always hated Peter David's 1990's X-Factor run. People kept telling me I'd love it, but the book felt so z-list and I really didn't like what he was doing with characters that could have been much more interesting. And too much with gimmicks. But gimmicks make good toys.

Darwin, though?? Still, can't knock that: just interested to see what they'll do.

It was smart of them to leak Siryn first. She's been on a lot of people's wishlists so they get immediate fan support from the "rumor". They get that from Jay when they do something with US Agent. We comic genre fans make it easy for them. We like doing polls and wishlists. Any other market area they have a hard time getting quality feedback. When someone is in the mall and gets asked for a few minutes to help a marketing company by doing a survey, most people say no. Not us. We tell them exactly what we like and what we want. Can you see that with shoes? Has a shoe buyer ever made a top 20 list of unmade shoes they want? I doubt it. We do that all the time. 

So they know some of us, including me, want Siryn. They get immediate, vocal fan approval without us even knowing which costume they're going with. That's some good marketing.

On 9/10/2021 at 9:16 PM, Hogun said:

Okay, what crappy bottom of the barrel Wolverine costume will Hasbro give us in this wave?

I need Astonishing/ New Avengers.. hoping for that one and I can be done with Wolverine. 

What can I say, I’ve gotten every version on this shorter buck, stature wise it’s perfect. 

This week I shared a rumor with you on the Marvel Legends front telling you there was a new X-Men themed wave being released in the first part of 2022. The wave will contain 7 figures along with one Build-A-Figure. The character selection looks to be random as in they aren't all based on one specific story line. Previously I told you that Siryn and Darwin would be part of this wave. Well today I have the name of a third figure to share with you. Havok looks to also be joining this wave. Now like with the others I can only speculate what version the figure will be based on. Since we have already gotten a modern and X-Factor version, I am thinking this one will be based on his original classic costume, but THAT IS A GUESS. I have not seen the actual figure, I have only seen the name Havok. Of course until Hasbro officially confirms this we will treat this as rumor only.

X-Men-2022-Wave-Havok.jpg

On 9/10/2021 at 9:16 PM, Hogun said:

Okay, what crappy bottom of the barrel Wolverine costume will Hasbro give us in this wave?

beer.thumb.jpg.1f63a5705e39e5a7bf9fbfad39f76fb9.jpg

Seriously, maybe they'll be daring this wave and not include one.  They've let Deadpool anchor X-waves before and he's got a strong connection with Siryn.  Not that there's any outstanding Deadpools that I want.

I think the consensus here will be that it's unlikely, but I'm feeling a Blob build-a-figure.