Marvel Legends Rumor Report - X-Men Wave For 2022 With Siryn

JayC

Havok is a big want. This wave's looking great so far. I'm not sure what to expect for Darwin, but I kinda hope they go with his current look. I imagine they'll probably go with his purple Deadly Genesis costume, but I think the current look is more interesting, even if it's just a riff off the standard X-Men uniform.

On 9/10/2021 at 5:16 PM, Hogun said:

Okay, what crappy bottom of the barrel Wolverine costume will Hasbro give us in this wave?

Maybe this time it'll be full costume but with the leggings ripped off and torn lol.

Actually they haven't done the complete Astonishing version. Also they never did the costume he stole from Timber Wolf Fang, he wore it briefly and was wearing it when the X-Men fought Iron Fist.

On 9/11/2021 at 8:19 AM, JayC said:
"... Havok looks to also be joining this wave. Now like with the others I can only speculate what version the figure will be based on. Since we have already gotten a modern and X-Factor version, I am thinking this one will be based on his original classic costume, but THAT IS A GUESS. I have not seen the actual figure, I have only seen the name Havok.."

Classic Havok would seem to be the best bet here, if they're making him. I think it was Neal Adams who designed that outfit, and what a choice it was. Instead of the usual black with blue highlights that was used to define black costumes back then (The Black Panther, The Black Widow), that more often than not, wound up as blue outfits, he chose to go with flat black, no definition, and a Madi Gras style headdress/mask. Wild. I do hope that if they do Havok, this time around they'll give him his specialized power effects. Pure white concentric rings....they could make 'em a tad translucent to indicate that they're plasma energy. 

Yes to Siryn (hopefully Banshee soon). Really hope they use a good cape material for her (and her dad. I'd hate for their capes to be different). White Storm cape was trash. And that little string that's attached to her wrists are trashier.

Meh to Darwin (I only know him from the lame First Class movie).

I'm using the black-clad "Modern" Havok as my 80s Havok but I'm not going to say No to a "Classic" Havok with a bigger headdress. Hopefully he gets a second unmasked head! I want to see a pretty, blonde Alex please!

Since we're supposedly doing X-Factor (I thought Siryn was X-Force, but I digress), how about a human Hank McCoy in his X-Factor costume, to go with that Retro X-Factor Cyclops???

On 9/11/2021 at 8:36 PM, enzosaurusrex said:

Yes to Siryn (hopefully Banshee soon). Really hope they use a good cape material for her (and her dad. I'd hate for their capes to be different). White Storm cape was trash. And that little string that's attached to her wrists are trashier.

Truth.  Soft goods are so tricky in 6" collector's figures.

On 9/11/2021 at 8:55 PM, MonsterChris said:

Truth.  Soft goods are so tricky in 6" collector's figures.

Vac metal, soft goods and translucent plastics are a few of the things that get inserted into the action figure realm that I just don't understand the demand for. Time is not good to any of them. Soft goods in particular are just so stiff and awkward looking and the thinner they make the material to try and make it lay right on the figure the easier it is to destroy. If they're gonna do it maybe they need to take a cue from McFarlane with his upcoming Batman figure and just include the soft goods as a swappable alternative. Of course Hasbro already skimps on as much as possible so expecting something like this outside of some Deluxe format is more or less a pipe dream.

On 9/11/2021 at 4:36 PM, enzosaurusrex said:

"...Yes to Siryn (hopefully Banshee soon). Really hope they use a good cape material for her (and her dad. I'd hate for their capes to be different). White Storm cape was trash. And that little string that's attached to her wrists are trashier...."

Last time out  (16 years ago, seriously??) they used a soft goods fabric type material for Banshee's wing panels. I don't know what else they could do, that wouldn't hinder the articulation. I imagine the same would go for Siryn. 

On 9/12/2021 at 2:55 AM, Gigantor said:

This! Unmasked head and alternate fist/open hands. And no stupid Rings sticking out of his chest crap. Just give him some blast fx  for his hands plz. The Prof X buck just needs the chest circles or Retro Black Spidey suit buck are the 2 I believe Hasbro should utilize for classic Havok.

fb4AEqK.jpg

Yeah that all he needs.

On 9/11/2021 at 11:25 PM, MODADDYDODOK said:

"... I think I’d choose any other buck before I would the pizza spidey one....and rounded toe feet would just be wrong! 🙂...."

I agree, its actually a buck some could consider goofy, compared to the other molds available. 

On 9/12/2021 at 8:25 AM, MODADDYDODOK said:

Hmm I dunno, Havok I think I’d choose any other buck before I would the pizza spidey one. He doesn’t need to be tHaT thin. And rounded toe feet would just be wrong! 🙂

Agreed! I hope they don’t use Bucky Cap either. That buck is just well beyond it’s expiration date. I was in London yesterday and saw two Quasars at Forbidden Planet, and they just looked so dated that I couldn’t bring myself to purchase them.