Marvel Legends Rumor Report - X-Men Wave For 2022 With Siryn

JayC

On 9/12/2021 at 1:20 PM, tarot said:

Actually I think he should be bucky cap. He was for the last 2 version, why give him a new buck? He is the same person.

I agree. They did really well keeping Cyclops consistent, they should do the same with Havok. And I really don't track with all the hate for the Bucky Cap mold. It is an excellent mold that was way ahead of it's time and for the design limitations it still retains an unbelievable amount of possibility. It really is a good mold. I'll agree it is used a bit too often but there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. If there are any complaints I'd expect them to be that they don't use the Spider UK mold as a more consistent alternate to the Bucky Cap mold and they too often use the Sunfire mold as an alternate.

Havok is another favorite X-Man of mine, but honestly I was never really a fan of his classic costume. It always just seamed goofy with those weird bands on his head. We've gotten a modern version that is an improvement on the classic costume and his X-Factor costume, but I could have really done without the classic version. I guess I can see the desire for it by some fans, I suppose.

Well so far Im very excited to see this wave of figures. Darwin is a cool addition. I hope he's in his first appearance costume.

Im hoping for the Deadly Genesis Vulcan, Sway and Petra in the future as well as Long shot and Outback Armor PSYLOCKE. I'd like to finish up some teams like the Outback X-men. ( HAVOK completes two teams actually) oh and I think HAVOK on the bucky-cap mold is cool. Let's stay consist on bodies used. Not a popular opinion but mine nonetheless. 

I've heard Banshee is not in this wave..but maybe just maybe he's on the horizon. They will have the wings already from Siryn. 

It's a great time to be a Marvel Legends collector but man it takes a lot of money lol!

On 9/12/2021 at 9:27 AM, Psychosomatic said:

Agreed! I hope they don’t use Bucky Cap either. That buck is just well beyond it’s expiration date. I was in London yesterday and saw two Quasars at Forbidden Planet, and they just looked so dated that I couldn’t bring myself to purchase them.

Not for everybody but I don’t really mind the Bucky Cap mold. Reminds me of that book How to Draw the Marvel Way. So I like the art form of it; just wish they would update it to butterflies and get rid of those knubby feet altogether. Bucky Cap 2.0 or something.

But updated feet alone make a big difference to me. In the last couple months, I’ve swapped feet on Daredevil, Taskmaster, Batroc, Spymaster, Nighthawk and they all look better now for suuuure

On 9/12/2021 at 7:28 PM, monron999 said:

I agree. They did really well keeping Cyclops consistent, they should do the same with Havok. And I really don't track with all the hate for the Bucky Cap mold. It is an excellent mold that was way ahead of it's time and for the design limitations it still retains an unbelievable amount of possibility. It really is a good mold. I'll agree it is used a bit too often but there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. If there are any complaints I'd expect them to be that they don't use the Spider UK mold as a more consistent alternate to the Bucky Cap mold and they too often use the Sunfire mold as an alternate.

I actually like the Bucky Cap mold, and ya know, you guys are right, it would make sense to keep it consistent, but the head sculpt, effects, and paint apps better be out of this world or I think it will come across as sort of bland.

This week I shared a rumor with you on the Marvel Legends front telling you there was a new X-Men themed wave being released in the first part of 2022. The wave will contain 7 figures along with one Build-A-Figure. The character selection looks to be random as in they aren't all based on one specific story line. Previously I told you that Siryn, Havok and Darwin would be part of this wave. Well today I have the name of a fourth figure to share with you. Wolverine looks to also be joining this wave. Now like with the others I can only speculate what version the figure will be based on, and honestly I HAVE NO IDEA which version it could be. The one shown below has never been done by Hasbro but that is purely a guess on my part and probably will be some other version. I have not seen the actual figure, I have only seen the name Wolverine. Of course until Hasbro officially confirms this we will treat this as rumor only.

X-Men-2022-Wave-Wolverine.jpg

Wolverine? In an X-Men wave? I'd never expect it.

A little bummed the wave's Wolvie isn't Albert. I can't really think of a Logan costume we don't have yet that I really want. An Astonishing remake would be solid I suppose. Or Aaron's bad future Old Man Phoenix Logan would be cool. I'm sure it'll just be something really plain though.

Astonishing and training suit are the only two looks I can think of that I particularly still want, though I’m likely to end up getting other nonsense too. In any event, the smart money is definitely on pantsless Wolverine, as several have already speculated. At the very least, I imagine armoured, gun-toting Wolverine and karate Wolverine are pretty low on the list since they’d need new sculpts. Either way, I hope they keep including extra unmasked heads of the quality of the upcoming shirtless Logan, because I have a lot of Wolverines who need portrait improvements.

On 9/12/2021 at 8:14 PM, JayC said:
Well today honestly I HAVE NO IDEA which version it could be. The one shown below has never been done by Hasbro but that is purely a guess on my part and probably will be some other version. I have not seen the actual figure, I have only seen the name Wolverine. Of course until Hasbro officially confirms this we will treat this as rumor only.

X-Men-2022-Wave-Wolverine.jpg

Training suit Wolvie actually HAS been made by Hasbro before, in a two pack with Forge. It was baaaaad. 

The whole Xteam in training suit costumes has been a dream of mine for years. It’ll probably never happen but I’ll continue to hope …

The wave sounded promising with Siryn and Darwin to start things off. I really have no interest in another Havok and definitely not in another Wolverine. Hopefully the BAF isn't someone I want. Rockslide, Pixie and M are my biggest X-Men wants I think, so it would be nice to see at least of one of those 3 in this wave.

Perhaps we will finally get a Team X Wolverine. I’d totally be on board for that. 

Albert is another Wolverine variant we could use, especially if he came with ElseDee.

There isn’t a Marvel Legends of Wolverine in the Fang uniform either (even though I’m not a huge fan).

I’m hoping for a first appearance Havok. The Walmart Exclusive Toy Biz Marvel Legends version really isn’t cutting it.

Also, why hasn’t Hasbro done A convention boxed set of Uncanny X-Men 275 (the training uniforms). Psylocke, Storm, Wolverine, Gambit, Banshee, and Jubilee.  (We already have Forge)

Oh of course another Wolverine, well I hope it's Team X Wolverine, I think that's probably one of the only Wolverine figures at this point I'd buy.

I also can't say I care about another Havok, I already have my personal fav Havok, don't like that wacky headdress on that First Appearance look, nah thanks.