Marvel Legends Rumor Report - X-Men Wave For 2022 With Siryn

JayC

That’s not just Havok’s FA look! 😄 It’s his classic get-up and would fit nice with others in the collection. But damn it, they better do a good job.

03524D1F-61D8-47B9-AFA3-159486C00C63.thumb.jpeg.3831aedb9fd48760c49da5465f0f4c4f.jpeg

Ive given up on tiger-stripe. Didn’t get the current ones out there bc they don’t have that classic spizzazz I’m after. Its kinda like all the Spider-Mans before the retro release, ha. But I can live with it; at least I got brown suit.

And since Wolverine figures still aren’t leaving any time ever, I think it’d be cool to see training suit, team x, or even an improved DOFP version?  Screw the fang costume; just make Fang! 🙂 Add a Wolverine head if you must.

On 9/12/2021 at 6:27 AM, Psychosomatic said:

"....I hope they don’t use Bucky Cap either. That buck is just well beyond it’s expiration date....I was in London yesterday and saw two Quasars at Forbidden Planet, and they just looked so dated that I couldn’t bring myself to purchase them...."

Damn, son, you saw 2 Quasars, send one to me here in Alaska  LOL

I don't have a problem with the buck and don't understand the disgust behind it. Its been overused but really, its pretty good. They should update it with some butterfly joints but otherwise I cant see a problem with it. They could take the Sunfire buck, make a larger version of it, keeping all the articulation, and that could be a way to go.

On 9/13/2021 at 9:17 AM, Atlantis said:

Damn, son, you saw 2 Quasars, send one to me here in Alaska  LOL

I don't have a problem with the buck and don't understand the disgust behind it. Its been overused but really, its pretty good. They should update it with some butterfly joints but otherwise I cant see a problem with it. They could take the Sunfire buck, make a larger version of it, keeping all the articulation, and that could be a way to go.

I'm still debating going back to get him!  Thing is, the character isn't one I know well (but I know he is important for a complete collection), I wish it was on a different buck (but Bucky Cap isn't a bad buck, just an over used one), but the head sculpt, I am realizing, is probably my biggest issue with it...but, like with the recent AOA X-Man, I might just buy it and do a kitbash with the head (I used a Peter Parker head, cut off the top and glued on X-Man's hair, and then glued the blast effect on the eye and it looks ten times better than the retail version...could do the same with Quasar).

We can't all act like we were surprised that a Wolverine was gonna be in this wave. It's pretty much a necessary evil, but I will agee, after coming out with a bang by announcing Siryn first the rest of the reveals have been less than spectacular. Darwin? Yeah, okay. Havok? A bit unnecessary. Wolverine? What else is new. That leaves 3 spots for them to blow us away and we gotta know at least one of those is a dud. I'm thinking they expect the BAF will bring the house down. I don't think it'll be Blob or Mojo, and I think Holocaust might get the AoA Apocalypse treatment. I'm still putting my money on Bonebreaker. 

Team X, Training Suit, or Fang w/ Swappable Head (but ONLY if it comes with that swappable head, otherwise I don't GAF about Fangverine) would all be Good choices if you have to have a Wolverine.

Or a curveball and having it be another Laura-Wolverine with her new HoX costume.

Tuxedo Patch would be fine, but I suspect unlikely.

But at this point I wouldn't be surprised if it's a "gamerverse" Wolverine from Midnight Sons.

I'm surprised how much hate/disinterest Havok is garnering. Assuming he's the classic version, he's by far the most exciting part of this announcement for me so far. Siryn's great, and a necessary addition to the 90s X-Force roster (presumably, anyway), but Havok's the star of the show for me. If he's anything other than this classic or Age of Apocalypse looks my enthusiasm will quickly wither, but he doesn't have too many other looks that I think would catch Hasbro's eye, so I'm not too worried about it.

On 9/13/2021 at 11:43 AM, Psychosomatic said:

I'm still debating going back to get him!  Thing is, the character isn't one I know well (but I know he is important for a complete collection), I wish it was on a different buck (but Bucky Cap isn't a bad buck, just an over used one), but the head sculpt, I am realizing, is probably my biggest issue with it...but, like with the recent AOA X-Man, I might just buy it and do a kitbash with the head (I used a Peter Parker head, cut off the top and glued on X-Man's hair, and then glued the blast effect on the eye and it looks ten times better than the retail version...could do the same with Quasar).

Thank you Atlantis! I went back and got  a Quasar today! 🙂

On 9/13/2021 at 8:16 AM, Benn said:

I'm surprised how much hate/disinterest Havok is garnering. Assuming he's the classic version, he's by far the most exciting part of this announcement for me so far. Siryn's great, and a necessary addition to the 90s X-Force roster (presumably, anyway), but Havok's the star of the show for me. If he's anything other than this classic or Age of Apocalypse looks my enthusiasm will quickly wither, but he doesn't have too many other looks that I think would catch Hasbro's eye, so I'm not too worried about it.

Believe me, I struggle with this. As a professed Havok fan I just can't get too excited for a third one. I loved the Outback X-Men but he was more or less just a black suit most of the time. Even Marc Silvestri understood how funky that mask was, I think. Plus, it seems to me to be a way for Hasbro just to do a quick repaint on a used mold. I suppose if they give us an alternate Alex head sculpt it would be more exciting, but we all know that's probably not gonna happen. And, I have a strong feeling, I'd even be willing to bet even money on it, that they're gonna put him on the Sunfire buck, which would be even more disappointing.

I don't care how many people argue how good the Sunfire buck is, it's flat out too undersized a buck for a straight drop in replacement for the Bucky Cap mold. I'm down for more butterfly joints but let's spend a little money and do a new, proper sized buck if Hasbro's gonna replace the Bucky Cap mold. You can't just keep using the same "pretty good" mold to bridge the gap between 5'10" skinny characters like Pyro and 6'4" heavy muscled characters like Silver Surfer. At least they tend to utilize the Bucky Cap mold appropriately (for the most part).

A little off topic, but my distaste for the distaste of the Bucky Cap mold just took over the keyboard. Sorry.

On 9/13/2021 at 12:21 PM, monron999 said:

And, I have a strong feeling, I'd even be willing to bet even money on it, that they're gonna put him on the Sunfire buck, which would be even more disappointing.

I don't care how many people argue how good the Sunfire buck is, it's flat out too undersized a buck for a straight drop in replacement for the Bucky Cap mold. I'm down for more butterfly joints but let's spend a little money and do a new, proper sized buck if Hasbro's gonna replace the Bucky Cap mold. You can't just keep using the same "pretty good" mold to bridge the gap between 5'10" skinny characters like Pyro and 6'4" heavy muscled characters like Silver Surfer. At least they tend to utilize the Bucky Cap mold appropriately (for the most part).

A little off topic, but my distaste for the distaste of the Bucky Cap mold just took over the keyboard. Sorry.

Considering that Havok is 6' tall and just 175lbs, the Bucky Cap mold is more than appropriate for him. putting him on anything larger than that would make the figure outta scale. I can even go with him being on the newer retro Spidey buck. The Sunfire buck should never have been used for the Surfer who's 6'4, Hasbro dropped the ball on that big time! Huge reason why I'll never add him to my collection.

http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/h/havok.htm

On 9/13/2021 at 4:03 AM, Hogun said:

Here is a better idea, how about no Wolverine?

I agree. The notion (which seems to be coming from Hasbro) that any X-Men themed wave has to have Wolverine, or it might fail, is just false. But they've been doing it for so long that some fans have hypnotized themselves into believing it. That recent joke of a 5 pack is weak, yes, but shirtless Wolverine certainly isn't helping it. Replace him with Leland, or Spiral, and it would do just as well. 

Unlike the vast majority of you, I'm content with just owing his 2 most iconic looks which are his Tiger stripe & Brown costume versions. I don't need cowboy hat wolverine, naked wolverine,  AOA wolverine, half naked wolverine, robot wolverine, spy wolverine, blue/yellow costume wolverine, boneclaw wolverine or samurai wolverine! All those slots could have gone to classic core members of the Imperial Guard, Starjammers or Reavers!  But the "I gotta have every version/permutation of Wolverine ever made" crowd ruins that for the few of us that aren't Wolverine groupies.

I'm sure I'm not the first one to think of this, but Laura and Darwin are both on the new X-Men team in the comics. They could have them in their new uniforms. Havok's current comic look is also the same as his classic one more or less.

That being said, if it is Logan, I just want one we haven't had ever or at least in a long time.

On 9/13/2021 at 7:50 PM, Powerhouse37 said:

I'm sure I'm not the first one to think of this, but Laura and Darwin are both on the new X-Men team in the comics. They could have them in their new uniforms. Havok's current comic look is also the same as his classic one more or less.

That being said, if it is Logan, I just want one we haven't had ever or at least in a long time.

Actually it's Synch who's on the recent team, they left out Darwin for some reason when he Laura and Synch went to the Vault, woulda thought they would've had him as well, but maybe he'll appear somewhere else 

On 9/14/2021 at 12:32 AM, Benn said:

Wolverine is a top-five character for me, and even I’m tired of him. I’ll keep buying new versions because I’m a completist, but—short of the Astonishing costume—I’d rather his slot went to virtually anybody else. (Okay, maybe not Maggot.)

I would take Maggott over Logan