Marvel Legends Rumor Report - X-Men Wave For 2022 With Siryn

JayC

This sounds like par for the course for most X-Men waves- a few new versions of major characters, a couple of never-made characters... we'll probably get one more major character, like a Storm, Beast, Cyclops, etc., and one more new or obscure character, in the last slot, or as the BAF. I'm hoping for original costume Sabertooth, like many others. They make a lot of Wolverines, but he has had a ton of different "looks," and he never pegwarms. Hopefully this will be a never-made-before outfit of Wolverine.

It's another day so it's time for another rumor report. As you may know by now, based on my reports we will be seeing a new X-Men themed wave released in 2022. It will be a standard wave that contains 7 figures along with one Build-A-Figure. The character selection will be random and not based on one specific story line. Previously I told you that Siryn, Havok, Darwin, Wolverine and Sabretooth would be part of this wave. Well today I have the name of a sixth figure to share with you. Vulcan looks to also be joining this wave. Like with the others I can only speculate what version the figure will be based on, and honestly I HAVE NO IDEA which version it could be. I have not seen the actual figure, I have only seen the name Vulcan. Of course until Hasbro officially confirms this we will treat this as rumor only.

X-Men-2022-Wave-Vulcan.jpg

On 9/16/2021 at 12:57 PM, tarot said:

Vulcan!!!!! Finally!!!! I don't care what version it is (deadly genesis or Shi'Ar emperor) but we finally get the third Summers brother.

Now we just need the 4th Summers brother: Adam X

On 9/14/2021 at 10:36 PM, Benn said:

I love that House of X Logan too, except his head is so much bigger than all the other Wolverines, and I’m having a hard time getting over it. It may even be more accurate for all I know, but it just looks weird compared to X-Force, tiger-stripe, classic brown, etc. If I’m being honest, the X-Force version is my perfect Logan anyway, though.

What about X-Ceptional? Negasonic Teenage Warhead? Forget-Me-Not? Goldballs? El Guapo? Ink? There has to be someone too lame to make into a toy.

Never heard of X-Ceptional or El Guapo, but I’d take the other ones though 

Really excited about Siryn, Darwin, Havok, and Vulcan.  I'm wondering if this is Logan Wolverine or if possibly it's Laura in her current Wolverine costume (which is just a bit different than the Laura Wolverine we already have).  Maybe they'll put her on a taller buck since she's aged a bit?  If that's the case, I'll be pretty happy with Wolverine.  I don't need another Logan or short Laura.  If it is indeed Logan, then I'm leaning towards the 7th figure being a female (since many waves consist of 2 women), and then I'm hoping for Rachel or M.

On 9/15/2021 at 8:50 PM, monron999 said:

Here's to the last 2 reveals being another Cyclops and another Storm. This isht is effin' frustrating!

I get partial points for this one. Glad to see were getting a little bit more variety back into this wave. I'm sure it will be the simple red and black design, but who cares. That just gives Hasbro the ability to do multiple releases on this figure as well. Maybe let's get us a cape with this one, huh?

I'm fairly happy with this wave overall. Especially excited about Siryn & Maggot. It's rare to get at least 4 characters who've never had any figures made of them before.

Darwin = New Character
Siryn = New Character
Havok = Boring
Maggot = New Character
Vulcan = New Character
Wolverine = Boring
Sabretooth = Could be Good

Now we just need to know who the BAF is... I'm hoping for Blob.

On 9/14/2021 at 10:36 PM, Benn said:

What about X-Ceptional? Negasonic Teenage Warhead? Forget-Me-Not? Goldballs? El Guapo? Ink? There has to be someone too lame to make into a toy.

El Guapo! You may have broken they mystery of the character with no legs that they say they're doing. Just make him with removable legs so we can have the before and after versions. Why not? They're doing it with Cannonball. Wouldn't that be so terrible and awesome and ridiculous all at the same time? What a crazy, cringey, wacky book that was. The majority of the characters from X-Static would never make it as a single release, but I might be willing to support a box set if only for the spectacle of it all.

On 9/16/2021 at 3:41 PM, slugzilla said:

Anyone else excited about Maggot? He's never had a figure until this wave. I know toybiz made a prototype of him for their old 5 inch line, but it was never released.

I just realized my wish from my last post of Rachel or M has already been dashed because Maggot is the last spot of this wave.  Would help if I read all the posts prior, lol.  Well, I'm extremely excited for Maggot!  I was kinda hoping we'd get a box set of him with Marrow and Cecilia Reyes from the cover of X-Men when they joined the team.  However, I'll take Maggot however I can get him.  

I've found myself passing on many recent mutant waves in the past couple of years, maybe grabbing a figure or two that has never been made before, but this wave has pretty much got me, just waiting for the BAF reveal. If it is Random, I'm all in. Vulcan is a newer-ish big bad and that's awesome, and he is a heavy hitter. Siryn, Havok and Maggot are all ones I would pick up. I'm assuming the Sabretooth will be on the new AOA Sabretooth buck with some modifications for his original or classic outfit, so that's great... I sold off my other molds of this figure since none were the right scale - too small. I will even buy another Wolverine, I'm just hoping it is Albert. That figure I would not only buy, but keep in my collection as well.

On 9/16/2021 at 3:48 PM, Shadowcat said:

I just realized my wish from my last post of Rachel or M has already been dashed because Maggot is the last spot of this wave.  Would help if I read all the posts prior, lol.  Well, I'm extremely excited for Maggot!  I was kinda hoping we'd get a box set of him with Marrow and Cecilia Reyes from the cover of X-Men when they joined the team.  However, I'll take Maggot however I can get him.  

Now that we're getting Maggot, I would hope that Marrow & Cecilia will get released in 2022. Stick them in an Operation Zero Tolerance 3-pack with Sabra, Iceman, or Gyrich and I'd totally be down.

On 9/16/2021 at 4:03 PM, slugzilla said:

Now that we're getting Maggot, I would hope that Marrow & Cecilia will get released in 2022. Stick them in an Operation Zero Tolerance 3-pack with Sabra, Iceman, or Gyrich and I'd totally be down.

I absolutely love the way you think.  I'd definitely be down for that 3-pack!

On 9/16/2021 at 3:49 PM, Jormungand said:

I'm assuming the Sabretooth will be on the new AOA Sabretooth buck with some modifications for his original or classic outfit, so that's great... I sold off my other molds of this figure since none were the right scale - too small.

That’s not a new body! It’s the old Colossus body, and when they first revealed Sabretooth on that body they made sure to note that they chose it because he’s depicted so much bigger in the Age of Apocalypse than 616. He’s 6’6”, so the Colossus body is actually wayyyy too big for him in the 616, and the Hyperion body (while it has flaws) is about the right size. I know he was depicted bigger in the animated series and some video games, but generally in comics he’s depicted as a tall, well-built, but not enormous dude.

On 9/16/2021 at 4:07 PM, Shadowcat said:

I absolutely love the way you think.  I'd definitely be down for that 3-pack!

We can always hope! Who knows, Hasbro could already be working on a 3-pack like that for all we know....

The Hasbro team has already implied that they're looking for a way to release Rachel to go with her Excalibur buddies thankfully.

And M, otherwise known as Monet Yevette Maria Teresa St. Croix is pretty high on most peoples lists so I'm pretty confident she'll be showing up in plastic form within at least by 2023, just hopefully a lot sooner.