Marvel Legends Rumor Report - X-Men Wave For 2022 With Siryn

JayC

On 9/16/2021 at 4:15 PM, Benn said:

That’s not a new body! It’s the old Colossus body, and when they first revealed Sabretooth on that body they made sure to note that they chose it because he’s depicted so much bigger in the Age of Apocalypse than 616. He’s 6’6”, so the Colossus body is actually wayyyy too big for him in the 616, and the Hyperion body (while it has flaws) is about the right size. I know he was depicted bigger in the animated series and some video games, but generally in comics he’s depicted as a tall, well-built, but not enormous dude.

Sabretooth's size varies quite a bit in the comics, but in most well known media he's depicted as a giant hulking monster. As he should be. That Jim Lee Sabertooth on the Hyperion body looks tiny and pathetic. We need a big menacing Sabretooth the size of the Colossus figure. A character like Sabretooth needs to be a good bit bigger than the average figure, otherwise he just doesn't stand out.

On 9/16/2021 at 4:25 PM, slugzilla said:

Sabretooth's size varies quite a bit in the comics, but in most well known media he's depicted as a giant hulking monster. As he should be. That Jim Lee Sabertooth on the Hyperion body looks tiny and pathetic. We need a big menacing Sabretooth the size of the Colossus figure. A character like Sabretooth needs to be a good bit bigger than the average figure, otherwise he just doesn't stand out.

Eh, I disagree. I don't think he needs to be bigger, and would be super bummed with a Colossus-sized 616 Sabretooth. I don't love the Hyperion body, but it looks proportionate to the average figure compared to the way he has looked in the vast majority of his comic appearances, especially with the Jim Lee costume and his original costume. Jim Lee never drew him huge, and nobody drew him that way in his original look.

On 9/16/2021 at 5:03 PM, tarot said:

Maggot is a great and obscure addition but it does make me doubt it though. a 7 figure wave with 4 brand new characters. Seem unlikely. 2 or 3 but 4. makes me doubt it. Hopefully I'm wrong cause Maggot just added to the list of characters I want.

The Fwoosh user posted his list back on the 12th, and here we are on the 16th and JayC has been slowly trickling out the news confirming each figure from the Fwoosh users post back on the 12th. I would say it's a pretty safe bet that this is legit info at this point.

On 9/16/2021 at 5:30 PM, Benn said:

Eh, I disagree. I don't think he needs to be bigger, and would be super bummed with a Colossus-sized 616 Sabretooth. I don't love the Hyperion body, but it looks proportionate to the average figure compared to the way he has looked in the vast majority of his comic appearances, especially with the Jim Lee costume and his original costume. Jim Lee never drew him huge, and nobody drew him that way in his original look.

Well, there are a lot of people who want a bigger Jim Lee Sabertooth. Hopefully Hasbro knows this and will give us one. It wouldn't be comic accurate according to you, which is fair enough, but like a lot of other people, I was introduced to the X-Men through the animated series. Thus I want a giant Jim Lee style Sabretooth.

On 9/16/2021 at 3:19 PM, leokearon said:

He has to, they are his power. It would be like doing Wolverine without claws

Or it might be like Infinity War Cap without both shields.

I could legit see them including only one of the two as a straight cheap out move, and if they do include 2 they will be exactly the same sculpt. Hell, the way things have been going lately the BAF may be his maggots.

On 9/16/2021 at 5:41 PM, slugzilla said:

Well, there are a lot of people who want a bigger Jim Lee Sabertooth. Hopefully Hasbro knows this and will give us one. It wouldn't be comic accurate according to you, which is fair enough, but like a lot of other people, I was introduced to the X-Men through the animated series. Thus I want a giant Jim Lee style Sabretooth.

I get that. It would make sense to revisit that costume larger as an animated series figure (although, I personally don’t think the Colossus body is wide enough to sell it; I think it would need a new sculpt). I would just be really bummed if that body was used for his other comic book looks or became the new standard for the character.

On 9/16/2021 at 5:48 PM, Benn said:

I get that. It would make sense to revisit that costume larger as an animated series figure (although, I personally don’t think the Colossus body is wide enough to sell it; I think it would need a new sculpt). I would just be really bummed if that body was used for his other comic book looks or became the new standard for the character.

I get you. You make a fair and valid point.

On 9/16/2021 at 6:05 PM, Faust said:

Vulcan? Does this mean we'll get Corsair and Adam-X? Might as well go full hog

I would love a Corsair! And at this point it's pretty clear that Hasbro is willing to make some of the more obscure characters (Freaking Maggot!), so I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him in the future.

On 9/16/2021 at 10:35 PM, slugzilla said:

The Fwoosh user posted his list back on the 12th, and here we are on the 16th and JayC has been slowly trickling out the news confirming each figure from the Fwoosh users post back on the 12th. I would say it's a pretty safe bet that this is legit info at this point.

Your source is @Jtprime17, who is user here as well so you don't have to keep it a secret and it he said it's these, then it's true. Next time just give the source lol. Fwoosh and us always work together.

It's so unusual to get 4 previously unmade characters in one wave - that would be absolutely fantastic. Siryn, Darwin, Vulcan and Maggot would be absolute locks for me to purchase regardless of what version. I'd likely pass on Havok, Sabretooth and Wolverine unless the BAF is someone previously unmade as well. I certainly wouldn't buy those characters to just build another Blob or Mojo - but for a Rockslide, Random, Bonebreaker or someone more obscure like that I certainly would. I'm excited for the eventual reveal of this wave!!

On 9/16/2021 at 6:21 PM, tarot said:

Your source is @Jtprime17, who is user here as well so you don't have to keep it a secret and it he said it's these, then it's true. Next time just give the source lol. Fwoosh and us always work together.

I don't know if he or she wants their name posted here or not. I'm not trying to get someone in trouble. You should ask them before you post their name.

On 9/16/2021 at 11:43 PM, slugzilla said:

Dude, I don't know if he/she wants their name posted here or not. I'm not trying to get someone in trouble. You should ask them before you post their name.

you mean beside the fact that he is a member of these forums and has been the one to tell us all of these before? He would be fine with it.

On 9/16/2021 at 6:46 PM, tarot said:

you mean beside the fact that he is a member of these forums and has been the one to tell us all of these before? He would be fine with it.

You should edit your previous post, delete their username and take the time to ask them if they want this info linked to their account before just blabbing their name all over the place.

On 9/16/2021 at 6:43 PM, Reno said:

It's so unusual to get 4 previously unmade characters in one wave - that would be absolutely fantastic. Siryn, Darwin, Vulcan and Maggot would be absolute locks for me to purchase regardless of what version. I'd likely pass on Havok, Sabretooth and Wolverine unless the BAF is someone previously unmade as well. I certainly wouldn't buy those characters to just build another Blob or Mojo - but for a Rockslide, Random, Bonebreaker or someone more obscure like that I certainly would. I'm excited for the eventual reveal of this wave!!

It's definitely the 4 previously unmade characters that have got me really excited for this wave!

On 9/16/2021 at 6:30 PM, GrtWhiteCustoms said:

Man a Maggot figure is a Surprise to me!! I thought he was a "Hated and forgotten" member of the X-men. Im hoping for Dr. Reyes and Marrow now!!  

Vulcan is a cool Surprise as well....

Honestly, with Maggot on the way, I would be shocked if we don't see Cecilia and Marrow in 2022.