Marvel Legends Rumor Report - X-Men Wave For 2022 With Siryn

JayC

I can’t believe they are doing Maggot. In a good way! I remember seeing in Toy Fare magazine that there was going to be a Missile Flyers Maggot but it got cancelled. I hope it’s Joe Mad/Chris Bachalo inspired.

This is definitely one off of my “they’ll never make…” list. Now I need a MvC2 style Marrow. Or the Joe Mad style like Uncanny X-Men 346.

On 9/17/2021 at 1:00 PM, JayC said:

Only a guess but I feel like Random would be a fitting BAF for this wave.

portrait_uncanny.jpg

I'm all with you about getting Random, but seriously, I don't see that he's of the size that requires the BAF treatment. True, all BAF's don't conform to the bigger figure formula, so I can actually see them doing him that way in order to do a completely unique sculpt, but it would be a let down as there are actual "larger" figures that could take up this spot. I want Random for sure, but I do think he would work out better as a single in a future wave.

with the whole wave minus BAF now leaking (apparently), I gotta say this wave on paper isn't doing it for me, only figure I really want from this would be Siryn, but I have to see the others to actually decide but so far characters like Vulcan, Maggot and Darwin are not really enticing me, neither is another Havok, Wolverine or Sabretooth, but guess we will have to see the final product, I know this is being stated as a more or less pretty confirmed wave, but it almost seems like a wacky reddit wishlist wave it's hard to imagine it would be a reality.

whoever is say Mammomax as the BAF, no please not that, I will need a Mammomax and my current feelings are I want to cherry pick this wave, please be a so-so BAF I have no interest in.

On 9/17/2021 at 3:48 PM, rushfx80 said:

Synch could easily be a swappable head with Darwin given the costume similarities the both currently have 

darwin.jpg

If that were the case and Darwin has a swappable Synch head, well I'd be majorly on board, and if the Wolverine is actually that Laura wolvie, I'd be changing my tune on buying the figure, I'd take her over another snoozey logan.

On 9/17/2021 at 3:55 PM, monron999 said:

I'm all with you about getting Random, but seriously, I don't see that he's of the size that requires the BAF treatment. True, all BAF's don't conform to the bigger figure formula, so I can actually see them doing him that way in order to do a completely unique sculpt, but it would be a let down as there are actual "larger" figures that could take up this spot. I want Random for sure, but I do think he would work out better as a single in a future wave.

The great thing with Random, and he is in my top 3 wants alongside X-Cutioner and Exodus, is that you are right. He isn't that big. Naturally. But he increases his size to be larger and intimidating given his body is a morphing protoplasm. Put new legs and arms on the Caliban torso would be great reuse.

Getting the Vault team of Darwin, Wolverine, and Synch all in one fell swoop like that would be amazing, and would be a huge preference for me over a Deadly Genesis Darwin or almost any version of Logan, but given the additional existence of the Vulcan figure, I think the Deadly Genesis version of Darwin is far more likely. As much as I’d prefer first-appearance/Marauders Sabretooth at this point, I wonder if they plan on adding more figures to Apocalypse-wave Magneto’s Uncanny X-Men team. I wouldn’t hate that version of Sabretooth, and I’d love to see a follow-up Mplate.

I dont think the BAF is Random, is a weak wave (come on, only REAL fans know Vulcan and Darwin + another Wolverine & Sabretooth ...)

I think the BAF is a must have character, maybe a "small" size classic Sentinel to go with the recent Master Mold or maybe the Blob.

On 9/17/2021 at 11:16 AM, memocromatico said:

Man, how old are you? I know I was already in my 20’s when I started buying my own figures… all the ones I had before were bought as gifts, or just because I was the first child in a small family with uncles without children. I know I lived a financially privileged childhood and that my experience is in the minority, but I know for fact that parents do indulge in kid’s wants every now and then. And it’s true too, kids always want stuff, they may not always get it, but want is something they do. 

I have two cousins under the age of 10. One plays video games and the other loves toys. By my statistics, that’s 50/50. Is that accurate? No, but it’s as accurate as your statement and disdain for younger generations. 

You make my point. You were in your 20s when you started buying your own figs, you had a financially priviledged childhood & your experience is in the "minority".  Middle class & the poor don't have the cheddar to be buying their kids $24+ figures every week/month. I know I'm not buying an under 10yr old expensive figures that come out in waves of 7 multiple times a yr. I'll get em the much less expensive Marvel alternative figures. If some of you  have the cheddar to get your 5 yr olds all the ML figs they want plus your own, then more power to ya. Most teens & twenty somethings are into the  video gaming business than they are action figures, some of you could deny that all ya want.

On 9/17/2021 at 7:53 PM, Gigantor said:

You make my point. You were in your 20s when you started buying your own figs, you had a financially priviledged childhood & your experience is in the "minority".  Middle class & the poor don't have the cheddar to be buying their kids $24+ figures every week/month. I know I'm not buying an under 10yr old expensive figures that come out in waves of 7 multiple times a yr. I'll get em the much less expensive Marvel alternative figures. If some of you  have the cheddar to get your 5 yr olds all the ML figs they want plus your own, then more power to ya. Most teens & twenty somethings are into the  video gaming business than they are action figures, some of you could deny that all ya want.

Nowadays more teens and twenty somethings are into anime action figures, because that's the hot thing right now 

On 9/17/2021 at 7:53 PM, Gigantor said:

And you make my point as well: the fact that until I was in my 20’s to buy my own figures means that from 0 to 20 people bought me toys. A parent won’t buy a 25 dollar for a 5 year old, but how about a 12 year old? For a birthday, or a holiday. And what about friends or family? A kid could end up with a cool collection if they wanted it. The fact that kids don’t buy as much as we do, does not mean they don’t buy at all. And your point that “most teens are more into video games than action figures” is ridiculous, most adults aren’t into games and action figures, does that mean we don’t matter to the business either?

Anyway, wave sounds cool, hope Havok is in starjammers costume, it’s one of the remaining comic figures I’d buy.