Marvel Legends Rumor Report - X-Men Wave For 2022 With Siryn

JayC

Bonebreaker makes sense; he's the only stand out legless character I can think of and his weird design is probably too much for a normal release.

Granted, he could also be a deluxe or even a Riders figure if we ever get more of those again, but he's obscure enough they may not want to sell him on his own at a higher price point like that. BAF seems like a safe choice.

On 9/18/2021 at 1:46 PM, Fyrefly21 said:

Bonebreaker makes sense; he's the only stand out legless character I can think of and his weird design is probably too much for a normal release.

Is sad they WASTE a BAF in a character that can be released in a cardboard; but we have seen this happening recently with Stiltman and Demogoblin, but yeah, most probably is Bonebreaker (give us Pretty Boy and we will be done with the core members of the Reavers)

On 9/18/2021 at 10:22 PM, Legender said:

Is sad they WASTE a BAF in a character that can be released in a cardboard; but we have seen this happening recently with Stiltman and Demogoblin, but yeah, most probably is Bonebreaker (give us Pretty Boy and we will be done with the core members of the Reavers)

You may think that but the tank part of him is awkward to put in a package. Sure you may say spilt it and put both parts in the package separately but that wouldnt be appealing to marketers and quite frankly would look awkward  these days. The only way they got away with it with modok is because they packaged in in a sealed box, which granted they could with with bone breaker but modok was a much bigger character. I know they did it with the 5inch line but you can't really do that kind of thing these days.

On 9/18/2021 at 5:36 PM, tarot said:

You may think that but the tank part of him is awkward to put in a package. Sure you may say spilt it and put both parts in the package separately but that wouldnt be appealing to marketers and quite frankly would look awkward  these days. The only way they got away with it with modok is because they packaged in in a sealed box, which granted they could with with bone breaker but modok was a much bigger character. I know they did it with the 5inch line but you can't really do that kind of thing these days.

Even with the increased size of the riders series package, I thought splitting Professor X's chair in half looked terrible.

On 9/19/2021 at 1:30 AM, watanabefan said:

Bonebreaker seems like the exact level of notoriety that he'd be viable as a BAF but probably wouldn't have much retailer interest as a standalone deluxe release. So I can see why they'd do him as a BAF (if indeed the speculation is correct). 

dude we just got a ursa major and are getting a Armadillo. Notoriety means nothing in Marvel Legends and BAFs.

On 9/18/2021 at 10:36 PM, tarot said:

I don't think many thought the way AOA Jean was packaged was appealing

On 9/17/2021 at 7:47 PM, icematta said:

Maggot??? That's a really odd choice...

They're doing Maggott??? 🤯Rilly?????Please don't play with my emotions....that's just too good to be true. 

Still, that set me thinking: if Maggott and Marrow are possible, they could be three-packed with a repaint Bastion (just a repaint. Would hate HasLab Sentinel buyers to feel their purchase was being devalued.... 😝 ) as an  Operation Zero Tolerance three pack. 

Every time I say it will never, never happen with pre-2000's Legends (please note previous AOA predictions) it does, so...ahhh, it'll never happen.

But if it did, boy howdy, that's a three-pack for the ages right there. 

Can I crowdfund it?

On 9/19/2021 at 3:45 PM, LandoTucker said:

They're doing Maggott??? 🤯Rilly?????Please don't play with my emotions....that's just too good to be true. 

Still, that set me thinking: if Maggott and Marrow are possible, they could be three-packed with a repaint Bastion (just a repaint. Would hate HasLab Sentinel buyers to feel their purchase was being devalued.... 😝 ) as an  Operation Zero Tolerance three pack. 

Every time I say it will never, never happen with pre-2000's Legends (please note previous AOA predictions) it does, so...ahhh, it'll never happen.

But if it did, boy howdy, that's a three-pack for the ages right there. 

Can I crowdfund it?

Well it Maggott is in this wave (finger crossed) then the OZT pack should be Marrow and Dr. Reyes with a Prime Sentinel with alternate Bastion Head.

On 9/19/2021 at 4:36 PM, leokearon said:

Well it Maggott is in this wave (finger crossed) then the OZT pack should be Marrow and Dr. Reyes with a Prime Sentinel with alternate Bastion Head.

That, leokearon, would be phenomenal. Gimme!!

And we're at a point where the line-up (that we know) is pretty much confirmed here? It works because of its randomness. And that's 100% groovy for me. Very, very happy.

Sabretooth (apologies if this has been covered) will probably be as per Ultimate X-Men or Supernovas (kinda psycho-hippy, trenchcoat and add-on claws like the still fairly good-looking Toy Biz X-Men Legends version); First Appearance (Power-Man & Iron Fist) or the more familiar Marauders/Classic Sabretooth (as per the Toy Biz Face Off: First Appearance Wolverine vs Sabretooth two-pack: another beautiful sculpt that looks great even now). If I was putting money on it, though, I'd go for 'Rehab' / 'tame' Creed - John Romita Jr's/Joe Mad or Roger Cruz's version with the black vest, blue jeans, Lecter-mask, chains and wraparound adamantium mittens. That could look pretty sweet and it has history: Toy Biz did a version with 'break apart chains!!' back on the old orange card.

With Maggott...it's curveball choices like this that stop me (repeatedly) from saying "No more collecting." All the frustrations & difficulties & expenses of collecting suddenly seem totally worth it. This is a figure I've waited for for nearly three decades. Never, ever, ever thought I'd see this boykie and Eenie & Meenie. 

For as much as I complain about specific waves, distribution, characters etc. from Hasbro, as soon as they pull something like this out of the hat, everything is totally forgiven. Love ya, Hasbro!

On 9/19/2021 at 3:42 PM, icematta said:

Doc Reyes in her doc suit, and she can be reused...

Doc Reyes in training X-Men Suit with Psylocke and Storm heads ... Wallgreen Exclusive, LOL

Now that we are in wish list, what about Sabra with Bobby Blue Suit? 👀

On 9/19/2021 at 7:35 PM, Legender said:

Doc Reyes in training X-Men Suit with Psylocke and Storm heads ... Wallgreen Exclusive, LOL

Now that we are in wish list, what about Sabra with Bobby Blue Suit? 👀

That's a GREAT idea!! What a wonderful way to start getting the strike force team. I would also like to get Sabra.

If it's 90's X-Force Siryn I'll definitely pick her up. Same is true if Havok is in his classic outfit.

Wolverine I'll pick up depending on the costume.... hoping for Astonishing. I want a Patch but that should be released as a 2 pack with Joe fix it.

If Sabertooth is a Jim Lee redo I'll be happy, but I'll also be irritated since I just picked him up off eBay a few weeks ago.