Marvel Legends Rumor Report - X-Men Wave For 2022 With Siryn

JayC

Im super excited for Vulcan, Darwin, Syrin, 1st App Sabretooth and Havok ... and Maggot (where did that name arose?) ... but honestly, is a super weak Wave comercially speaking (90s cartoons fans and ocasional customers dont know those characters/custome designs) that mean the BAF may be a BOMB?

On 9/16/2021 at 8:08 PM, Legender said:

Im super excited for Vulcan, Darwin, Syrin, 1st App Sabretooth and Havok ... and Maggot (where did that name arose?) ...

Apparently the entire list has been on Fwoosh and Facebook for days. I think JayC was just drawing it out a few days just to have something to report every day. No big deal, i was kinda disappointed the beans got spilled early.

Anyway, Maggot? As far as angsty, grunge era, outcast, loner teenagers I would a chosen Random, but I guess Maggot will do. It's different, it's new, it's quirky and it tips the scale on this wave to have more new characters than repeats, which are still too many IMO.

With names like Vulcan and Darwin popping up, I would like to see another wave of current X-Men from the comics (House of X, Power of X, etc). I could see them doing the Betsy Braddock Captain Britain, Captain Avalon, Exodus, Kid Omega, a proper Kate Pryde, Doug Ramsey/Douglock, young Cable and Gorgon.

Personally, I love the Hellions series so Scalphunter, Nanny and Orphanmaker would be great. Those might be highly unlikely though. 

On 9/16/2021 at 10:46 PM, tarot said:

that's not the best example. as you know they didn't know cap would use 2 shield as they were only using concept art. 

the better example is Falcon not coming with Redwing.

Redwing isn't a good example either. Redwing is Sam's partner but Eany and Meany are his power. 

On 9/16/2021 at 11:30 PM, GrtWhiteCustoms said:

Man a Maggot figure is a Surprise to me!! I thought he was a "Hated and forgotten" member of the X-men. Im hoping for Dr. Reyes and Marrow now!!  

Vulcan is a cool Surprise as well....

Most often he is. He generally is in the top 3 of worst X-men lists along with Stacy-X and Adam-X. But everyone has their fans and I for one can't wait for Maggott.

Hopefully Reyes and Marrow won't be far behind.

On 9/17/2021 at 2:08 AM, Legender said:

Im super excited for Vulcan, Darwin, Syrin, 1st App Sabretooth and Havok ... and Maggot (where did that name arose?) ... but honestly, is a super weak Wave comercially speaking (90s cartoons fans and ocasional customers dont know those characters/custome designs) that mean the BAF may be a BOMB?

Not really! I mean, it has Wolverine and Sabretooth (Anchors), the side and back of the packaging will probably have comic art that grabs attention, kids always want stuff when they are at the store, so in most instances a Wolverine vs. a Vulcan won't make a bit of difference to them (they got a toy), and I would bet dollars to doughnuts the BAF is Blob, so done and done - this wave will fly off the pegs!

HEY JAY C, I realized something interesting the other day that you probably already know, and may have reported here in the past, but UKHasbropulse, and USHasbropulse are uniquely different things. I am currently in the UK and found that all the Walgreen exclusives (Quasar, Binary) were available on the UK Hasbropulse site, and so was the Walmart exclusive Cap, and several items that were sold out in the US (Hand, Skrull, Shield,  X-Force 3 pack).  Damn lucky my kid is studying in the UK - now I can get things I can't get at home!!! 🙂

On 9/17/2021 at 12:42 PM, Psychosomatic said:

HEY JAY C, I realized something interesting the other day that you probably already know, and may have reported here in the past, but UKHasbropulse, and USHasbropulse are uniquely different things. I am currently in the UK and found that all the Walgreen exclusives (Quasar, Binary) were available on the UK Hasbropulse site, and so was the Walmart exclusive Cap, and several items that were sold out in the US (Hand, Skrull, Shield,  X-Force 3 pack).  Damn lucky my kid is studying in the UK - now I can get things I can't get at home!!! 🙂

Oh he knows. Getting the exclusive over here in the eu is just a click away compared to the US 

On 9/16/2021 at 4:46 PM, tarot said:

that's not the best example. as you know they didn't know cap would use 2 shield as they were only using concept art. 

the better example is Falcon not coming with Redwing.

I'm pretty sure someone called out the whole go-to concept art excuse as BS for Cap, on FB I think. Something about there being several concepts and several shield designs, but the shield design not only didn't correlate with the version of the Cap they used, but the shield design they chose to go with were indeed a pair. What it came down to was Hasbro had to choose a design of Cap to go with and a design of the shield to go with, but it was clear that they only gave us one shield for pure cost savings.

Either way, they're are both examples to not putting it past Hasbro to conveniently "forget" or "not be made aware of" small details like power sets or accessories. I would assume it's a bit harder to come up with shifty excuse when it involves comic characters cuz they don't have concept art to blame, but don't forget that one of Maggot's maggots was killed, so they might use that as a reason to skimp us at least one if they don't just stiff us for both of them altogether, which is what I think they'll do.

On 9/17/2021 at 6:36 AM, Psychosomatic said:

Not really! I mean, it has Wolverine and Sabretooth (Anchors), the side and back of the packaging will probably have comic art that grabs attention, kids always want stuff when they are at the store, so in most instances a Wolverine vs. a Vulcan won't make a bit of difference to them (they got a toy), and I would bet dollars to doughnuts the BAF is Blob, so done and done - this wave will fly off the pegs!

Cracks me up whenever I see someone mention "Kids always want stuff" when it pertains to the ML line. I have yet to see a "kid" looking at a ML fig whenever I hit Target/Walmart/Walgreens, etc.  At $24 a pop, this is not a kids toyline. No mom, unless she lives in Beverly  hills , is gonna be buying little Timmy these figures. Their parents more than likely buy  them the cheaper made Marvel figs & those 12' scaled 6 POA  figs. Today's generation of kids is mostly into video gaming & Tide pod snorting.

On 9/17/2021 at 3:51 PM, Gigantor said:

Cracks me up whenever I see someone mention "Kids always want stuff" when it pertains to the ML line. I have yet to see a "kid" looking at a ML fig whenever I hit Target/Walmart/Walgreens, etc.  At $24 a pop, this is not a kids toyline. No mom, unless she lives in Beverly  hills , is gonna be buying little Timmy these figures. Their parents more than likely buy  them the cheaper made Marvel figs & those 12' scaled 6 POA  figs. Today's generation of kids is mostly into video gaming & Tide pod snorting.

Ya know, I was going to challenge your take on this (since what I wrote is what I have experienced as Father, Collector and Consumer - clearly just as valid as your observation to the contrary), but then I read the end of your comment (Today's kids are mostly into gaming and Tide Pod snorting). I hope you realize how stupid and lazy that last bit was (It was never a MOSTLY thing, and that joke is a couple years old now). 

On 9/17/2021 at 2:34 PM, monron999 said:

I'm pretty sure someone called out the whole go-to concept art excuse as BS for Cap, on FB I think. Something about there being several concepts and several shield designs, but the shield design not only didn't correlate with the version of the Cap they used, but the shield design they chose to go with were indeed a pair. What it came down to was Hasbro had to choose a design of Cap to go with and a design of the shield to go with, but it was clear that they only gave us one shield for pure cost savings.

Either way, they're are both examples to not putting it past Hasbro to conveniently "forget" or "not be made aware of" small details like power sets or accessories. I would assume it's a bit harder to come up with shifty excuse when it involves comic characters cuz they don't have concept art to blame, but don't forget that one of Maggot's maggots was killed, so they might use that as a reason to skimp us at least one if they don't just stiff us for both of them altogether, which is what I think they'll do.

If they don't give us both Maggots, this is the figure they will be selling us

On 9/17/2021 at 4:56 PM, leokearon said:

Maggott (Dead) Vintage packaging

der62ve-e9cb8d14-6655-4330-b1b1-591e1a0f

On 9/17/2021 at 9:51 AM, Gigantor said:

Man, how old are you? I know I was already in my 20’s when I started buying my own figures… all the ones I had before were bought as gifts, or just because I was the first child in a small family with uncles without children. I know I lived a financially privileged childhood and that my experience is in the minority, but I know for fact that parents do indulge in kid’s wants every now and then. And it’s true too, kids always want stuff, they may not always get it, but want is something they do. 

I have two cousins under the age of 10. One plays video games and the other loves toys. By my statistics, that’s 50/50. Is that accurate? No, but it’s as accurate as your statement and disdain for younger generations. 

On 9/17/2021 at 11:10 AM, Psychosomatic said:

Ya know, I was going to challenge your take on this (since what I wrote is what I have experienced as Father, Collector and Consumer - clearly just as valid as your observation to the contrary), but then I read the end of your comment (Today's kids are mostly into gaming and Tide Pod snorting). I hope you realize how stupid and lazy that last bit was (It was never a MOSTLY thing, and that joke is a couple years old now). 

I wouldn’t bother. Dude is the king of stupid, lazy stereotypes, and he’s not likely to stop. He literally uses the term “China virus”. In other news, my five-year old has a small but growing Marvel Legends collection, which she loves, in addition to playing video games.

On 9/16/2021 at 10:19 PM, monron999 said:

Anyway, Maggot? As far as angsty, grunge era, outcast, loner teenagers I would a chosen Random, but I guess Maggot will do. It's different, it's new, it's quirky and it tips the scale on this wave to have more new characters than repeats, which are still too many IMO.

Dont get me wrong, Im so excited for Maggot, even when a lot of people hate those times, I loved it and Cecilia and Marrow as well!

and ... Come on! ML is not for kids anymore, we know it! Maybe only the big sellers (IM, Wolverine, Cap, etc) are for the ocassional kids, they are into videogames these days, they dont care for toys after 10 years. 

As I have previously reported, there is a X-Men themed wave being released in 2022 by Hasbro. It will be a standard wave that contains 7 figures along with one Build-A-Figure. The character selection will be random and not based on one specific story line. Previously I told you that Siryn, Havok, Darwin, Wolverine, Sabretooth and Vulcan would be part of this wave. Well today I have the name of a seventh and final regular figure for this wave to share with you. As some have figured out for themselves, Maggott looks to also be joining this wave. Like with the others I can only speculate what version the figure will be based on. I have not seen the actual figure, I have only seen the name Maggott. I do not know what the Build-A-Figure for this wave will be. That remains a mystery and likely will until Hasbro officially reveals the wave which may happen next month during Pulse-Con. Of course until Hasbro officially confirms this we will treat this as rumor only.

X-Men-2022-Wave-Maggott.jpg

Maggott is a definite buy along with Siryn. Hopefully the Wolverine is Uncanny 275 cover with the blue/yellow threads so we can start that team. Wouldn't mind a Sabretooth with Wolverine hairstyle. Vulcan and Darwin are cool, I guess. But was never a fan of that retcon with the secret team after the O5, and I still don't know what the actual story is with the Third Summers Bro.

With Bastian as a stretch goal for the Haslab Sentinel, they were bound to start doing that Operation Zero Tolerance team and looks like they have, with Maggott. Like others I wanna see Dr Cecilia Reyes and Marrow. I know it's not the same era but I also wanna see Sage (in her off-the-shoulder X-Treme X-Men costume) and/or Tessa (who would fit in nicely with the rest of the Hellfire Club). I also wanna see Slipstream and Lifeguard (though I know they were kinda hated lol).

This looks like a fun wave. I will at least buy Siryn and Maggott, particularly if they are 90's versions.

I don't follow the other characters, but I think it is a good sign that they are doing Darwin and Vulcan. 

It will be interesting to see what versions of Wolverine and Sabertooth we get.  Is there any precedent for them both being their Team X versions? Two obscure versions that complement each other in the same wave?