Marvel Legends Rumor Report - X-Men Wave For 2022 With Siryn

JayC

I have three Wolverines, the retro card brown version, the '90s Jim Lee version, and the first appearance version that came with the Hulk. The FA two-pack version is my favorite body based on the style and paint apps, but I hate that original mask. I wish we could get a new head in the Cockrum/Byrne/Smith style to match the same yellow as that FA body. That's the only way I would want another Wolverine, and if I got one like that I would sell off the '90s version.

On 9/14/2021 at 6:47 PM, Benn said:

Eye-Boy then? Shark-Girl? Beak? Surely there’s someone you’d be more disappointed to see than yet another Logan.

I’d take those four, I have the perfect Logan in his House of X gear

On 9/14/2021 at 7:44 PM, Virtualzach said:

Just what I need another Wolverine...

Might as well throw a Deadpool in there too.

I actually need a Deadpool I missed out on the perfect one from the Juggs wave 

On 9/14/2021 at 11:08 PM, nWoWolfpack said:

I’d take those four, I have the perfect Logan in his House of X gear

I love that House of X Logan too, except his head is so much bigger than all the other Wolverines, and I’m having a hard time getting over it. It may even be more accurate for all I know, but it just looks weird compared to X-Force, tiger-stripe, classic brown, etc. If I’m being honest, the X-Force version is my perfect Logan anyway, though.

What about X-Ceptional? Negasonic Teenage Warhead? Forget-Me-Not? Goldballs? El Guapo? Ink? There has to be someone too lame to make into a toy.

As you likely know by now, based on my reports we will be seeing a new X-Men themed wave released in 2022. It will be a standard wave that contains 7 figures along with one Build-A-Figure. The character selection will be random and not based on one specific story line. Previously I told you that Siryn, Havok, Darwin and Wolverine would be part of this wave. Well today I have the name of a fifth figure to share with you. Sabretooth looks to also be joining this wave. Like with the others I can only speculate what version the figure will be based on, and honestly I HAVE NO IDEA which version it could be. His original classic look which hasn't been done since the Toy Biz days would be cool, but I could also see them going with his more modern House of X look as well. I have not seen the actual figure, I have only seen the name Sabretooth. Of course until Hasbro officially confirms this we will treat this as rumor only.

X-Men-2022-Wave-Sabretooth.jpg

X-Men waves are never a huge draw for me; I just don't love the characters the way I used to. I still have fondness for the All-New, All-Different era, though, so I will happily get Havok if he's a classic version. Darwin? Mmmmaybe, probably not. And I'm good with the Wolverine and Sabretooth figures I have. So unless the remaining figures include Destiny, Kitty in her training suit, or first appearance Rogue, it's probably one figure for me out of the wave.

Y'know, it occurs to me that I have a much higher completion record for waves that don't include build-a-figures. Both Marvel Universe vintage waves, the Fantastic Four retro wave, and 5/6 of the new Spidey wave (and if there was a BAF I would've gotten the sixth figure to complete it). Just my luck that the waves that don't include a bonus figure are the ones that appeal to me the most. 

Man, not to be a naysayer, but Wolverine and Sabretooth are making my heart sink for this wave. Started out strong, keeps getting worse. Where’s a classic look Rachel Summers? How about Armored Betsy? It’s ridiculous that we have a Fantomex figure but not those two. Destiny, Avalanche, Lilandra, Mimic, Dearthbird, STARJAMMERS!!, Mikhail Rasputin, Feral, Shard, Synch, Husk, Chamber, Skin, M, Fitzroy, Marrow. Dang, I’d take a Beak over Wolvie or Sabretooth any day, because it’s NEW and UNIQUE to a line I’ve been collecting since those first 6” Spidey figs hit pegs  

I know they have to put heavy-hitters to move the wave; it’s a must, but when you have a character with a half dozen variants and more on the way, it makes it hard to want to pick up a whole line for the BAF. I personally hate Deadpool as a character, and how many  times do they throw a version of him in a wave, lately? How many times do I buy a case for the BAF and not even open some figs except for the arm/hands/torso? Yet, you all know that the BAF will be something amazing, like what they did with Strong Guy, so we end up reinforcing that they are doing great work with assortments because we want that BAF. 

On 9/14/2021 at 11:10 PM, nWoWolfpack said:

I actually need a Deadpool I missed out on the perfect one from the Juggs wave 

You can pre-order the re-released 80th anniversary version from Big Bad Toy Store: https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/105182

or Dork Side Toys: https://dorksidetoys.com/collections/marvel/products/marvel-legends-fan-channel-exclusive-retro-wave-deadpool-action-figure

Yeah, they came out with a flying jump kick with the Siryn reveal but its just gotten more and more disappointing at each reveal since. They are doing absolutely no favor to the X-Men brand by rolling out the same old characters over and over. Sabretooth, seriously, another one? Yeah it'll probably be his classic fur collar look on the Odinson buck that Hasbro suddenly realized they had, but dayam! Last I checked there are a ton of X-Men like Pixie and Husk and Chamber and frikkin' Longshot that haven't been done yet. And how many current and former members of The Brotherhood are still waiting in the wings. Sure, this kinda layout is great for those that missed the 1st, 2nd and even 3rd releases of some of these characters, but what about all us who've been supporting the line from the start? We want some new faces, guys. We put our time in, we got ours when they came out the first time, we been here from the start. It's time to show out for us. I just freakin' know Bonebreaker is gonna be the BAF and I'm gonna have to buy this entire set of repeats just to get him. Here's to the last 2 reveals being another Cyclops and another Storm. This isht is effin' frustrating!

On 9/15/2021 at 6:55 PM, RyanDaly said:

I’m actually not a fan of that look of Deadpool, like I prefer his modern costume the most 

Id love to get SABERTOOTH in his first costume. That's how I was introduced to him and it's  his look from the Marauders!! I want Harpoon, Scalphunter, Vertigo, Riptide and Archlight!

Now bring on Armored PSYLOCKE, Longshot, Maggot, Marrow  and Dr. Reyes, Vulcan, Petra and Sway!!

sabretooth01c.jpg

On 9/15/2021 at 8:29 PM, Legender said:

I only can think in 1st App. Sabretooth ... that honestly nobody is craving for it

Speak for yourself, I've been craving for a classic 1st app Sabretooth  since TB last made him. And the new 80s Herc buck is the ideal buck for Creed. My God, he's 6'6 not 7'6! No need to be on the Omega Red buck who's character is 6'11. Give him a mean gritted teeth head sculpt & open mouth snarling/ yelling head sculpt along with open raking hands and closed fists.

sabretooth.jpg