Marvel Legends Retro Cardback Black Costume Spider-Man Figure Revealed

JayC

Hasbro via J Hernandez has revealed the new Marvel Legends Retro Cardback Black Costume Spider-Man figure which uses the Vintage Spider-Man body. This figure I believe will be going up for pre-order everywhere on September 13 and we will likely get more details on Monday with Hasbro's next Marvel Legends live-stream.

Black-Costume-Spider-Man-01.jpg

Black-Costume-Spider-Man-02.jpg

Black-Costume-Spider-Man-03.jpg

Black-Costume-Spider-Man-04.jpg

On 9/10/2021 at 4:39 PM, Atlantis said:

Now I have to consider what to do with all the black suit Spideys I have....I had more than I knew!

Glad they showed the back in the video. For some reason once again the static shots only show the front.  I dont get it.

One for spidey, one for venom and one for dark avengers.

On 9/10/2021 at 8:24 AM, Venzhe said:

If they cannot be bothered to update limbs with pinless joints, I cannot be bothered to buy another rehash. 

I can see your point here- after all they just did the Modular Iron Man and he's got full range of motion (except for butterfly joints), and he's pinless. The team did say, however, that as they're phasing in pinless they still have a lot of the older models around that are to going to be used.

On 9/10/2021 at 10:02 AM, JohnF said:

Not looking too bad. Still not pinless, but I'll just say to myself they're still in transition mode

They'll be in transition mode for a decade.  A new mold needs to be created for every pinless figure, so it's basically a gimmick at this point until there are brand new bucks for the entire product line.  

On 9/10/2021 at 9:33 AM, RyanDaly said:

Yeah, I have the one from the Kraven's Last Hunt pack, which is the same, so I will probably pass on this, but he looks great.

And I have the one from the Kingpin wave with the weird feet and eyes.  But still...a black suit Spidey is a black suit Spidey.  Glad this will be easily available for people who missed out on the first three versions.  

On 9/10/2021 at 2:29 PM, Virtualzach said:

And I have the one from the Kingpin wave with the weird feet and eyes.  But still...a black suit Spidey is a black suit Spidey.  Glad this will be easily available for people who missed out on the first three versions.  

Yeah, actually when I posted earlier I hadn't watched J's video review. Now, having watched it and compared the two side-by-side.... yyyyyeah, I think I'm gonna get this one. Not sure if I'll keep both, but I want the option. 

This is awesome. Because of the design this figure will probably not have a lot of the flaws of the previous spidey figure on that mold (like paint chipping, qc, design getting cut off at mid section, etc.). Definitely getting this guy. And it has crawling hands!

It's a good figure, especially for the people who love to do posing (LOL, almost called 'em posers), but I can already hear the calls for every single Spider-Man figure ever done to be redone on this mold. This is good for Hasbro as it gives them some extra material to extend the Spider-Man line, but how many of us are gonna be compelled (I'm as guilty as anyone) to buy a new Ultra-Posable version of that Spidey when the first version should have been fine otherwise?

On 9/10/2021 at 2:42 PM, monron999 said:

It's a good figure, especially for the people who love to do posing (LOL, almost called 'em posers), but I can already hear the calls for every single Spider-Man figure ever done to be redone on this mold. This is good for Hasbro as it gives them some extra material to extend the Spider-Man line, but how many of us are gonna be compelled (I'm as guilty as anyone) to buy a new Ultra-Posable version of that Spidey when the first version should have been fine otherwise?

ME.... and that body mold really shines in black, and looks way more mature than the previous one used in the spideys....

SHOCKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRR, YOU CAN'T ESCAPE MEEE!

I'LL CHASE YOU TO THE ENDS OF THE EAAAAARTH!

On a different note, I think this figure really demonstrates this mold's issue of a lack of a waist cut. The diaphragm swivel is the only way to turn the torso sideways, but that completely breaks the aesthetic of the figure since it slices the spider emblem in two. This problem would be absent with a waist cut.

So this is the same body as the Super Posable Spidey correct?  I mean, it was a nice figure but I didn’t find it MUCH better than any Spidey before. I know I’ll be buying this black suit version because the classics are always welcome. 

Hope we get an unmasked head as well.. 

i know Hasbro has been getting every version fans want of Wolverine on that short, stocky buck ( even some No ONE asked for 😁)but that makes the most sense. Spidey I think doesn’t have to have EVERY version redone on this body., of course I’m sure my weakness for new Legends would have me buy them regardless..

On 9/10/2021 at 4:49 PM, ADour said:

SHOCKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRR, YOU CAN'T ESCAPE MEEE!

I'LL CHASE YOU TO THE ENDS OF THE EAAAAARTH!

On a different note, I think this figure really demonstrates this mold's issue of a lack of a waist cut. The diaphragm swivel is the only way to turn the torso sideways, but that completely breaks the aesthetic of the figure since it slices the spider emblem in two. This problem would be absent with a waist cut.

Yeah good catch. That body with no waist cut does throw the logo out of whack..i was enjoying seeing the latest version to notice at first.. seems odd a super-Articulated figure would be missing that joint...