Marvel Legends Retro Cardback Black Costume Spider-Man Figure Revealed

JayC

On 9/10/2021 at 11:50 AM, icematta said:

ME.... and that body mold really shines in black, and looks way more mature than the previous one used in the spideys....

The same character, in a different outfit, more often than not, should have the same buck.

Unless the buck was wrong in the first place (like the Human Torch in the first Walgreens run; that figure is clearly too big to be the Torch, and scales poorly with the rest of the team...that figure's about where the Original Human Torch should be), there's not really a good reason to change it. The Phoenix/Jean Grey/ Marvel Girl figures are all over the place. I could see maybe the Marvel Girl figure being a bit different, as its her as a young teen, but the rest should look the same, figure wise.  This is probably the best buck for Spider-Man at the moment and it certainly beats out "pizza Spidey". 

I know there are those who worry about this buck being overused and they're correct. Its used on the Falcon right now, and much as I love it, its too small for him. Falcon is a big guy and he needs a bigger mold. What Hasbro needs to do is take this mold, keep all this articulation, update it to pinless, and make it bigger. 

on the subject of pinless figures, how are you customizers liking this evolution of Legends? Has it made part swapping impossible or just more difficult? 

The extent of my customizing has been removing the “skirt” piece from the Black Knight to better reflect his mid to late 80’s look. So haven’t removed limbs whether pinless or not

I said it when the Retro Spidey was reveal, Do NOT expect every previous Spider-man costumes to be redone. Hell, we all knew this would be done because you can't have a spider-man mold without at least the Classic and Symbiote. If we get more Spider-man costume, hopefully they will be new version or anything not done post-Pizza Spidey (anything made before that mold is safe game). 

On 9/10/2021 at 4:56 PM, Atlantis said:

I know there are those who worry about this buck being overused and they're correct. Its used on the Falcon right now, and much as I love it, its too small for him. Falcon is a big guy and he needs a bigger mold. What Hasbro needs to do is take this mold, keep all this articulation, update it to pinless, and make it bigger. 

This is all true. They need to make a bigger buck based on this body and articulation scheme just like you said. 

This figure really makes you realize how outdated previous Body mold was, kinda makes me regret getting my figure, however thanks to older figure you get alternate head that works pretty good with that new body, although I really wish we had gotten pin less, we get so many pin less movie figures that have no reuse potential but the bodies that have tremendous reuse potential don’t get same treatment. I’m still hoping for that classic comics pin less Spidey,  maybe they can give that figure shoulders from Shang Chi figure. Either way this figure is still must get despite me already having Sandman wave figure and the fact we don’t have pinless tech sculpt and articulation is just tooo good to pass this up. 

On 9/10/2021 at 4:33 PM, tarot said:

I said it when the Retro Spidey was reveal, Do NOT expect every previous Spider-man costumes to be redone. Hell, we all knew this would be done because you can't have a spider-man mold without at least the Classic and Symbiote. If we get more Spider-man costume, hopefully they will be new version or anything not done post-Pizza Spidey (anything made before that mold is safe game). 

I think you give Hasbro too much credit. Not only do I bet they do go and redo every significant previous Spidey on this mold but in order to double down on every upcoming Spidey they will do them first on either the Pizza Spidey mold or the Sunfire mold and get us to buy them in the main line, but then they'll go back and do it on this mold knowing we will all likely buy it a second time. And when I say significant Spidey I'm not referring to those weirdo outliers like Negative Zone Spidey and Web-Man, though I wouldn't be all that surprised if they redo those too.

On 9/12/2021 at 2:19 PM, monron999 said:

I think you give Hasbro too much credit. Not only do I bet they do go and redo every significant previous Spidey on this mold but in order to double down on every upcoming Spidey they will do them first on either the Pizza Spidey mold or the Sunfire mold and get us to buy them in the main line, but then they'll go back and do it on this mold knowing we will all likely buy it a second time. And when I say significant Spidey I'm not referring to those weirdo outliers like Negative Zone Spidey and Web-Man, though I wouldn't be all that surprised if they redo those too.

Your reasoning is sound, I too could see Hasbro doing exactly that with future Spidey’s

however, once they settled on the current Wolverine buck they really committed and every one since has been on that body. Here’s hoping they throw us a bone and stick with this body for Spidey moving forward.