Custom Wenwu and Ten rings FX

Mandomuggle

• 2 weeks later...

We talk a lot about the "kirby crackle" from comics, but Gil Kane had his signature energy trail too....this looks a lot like that! 

And I like how they incorporated it for Iron Fist....looking at these, seeing the martial arts/super hero motif....I can almost hear it....

SH-KOW!!

On 9/26/2021 at 5:20 PM, JohnF said:

These honestly look cool, great work. I  can see Hasbro rereleasing updated versions of these two. Whether they would include something like that or not, I don't know, but it'd better be this cool.  

Why would you think Hasbro would dip back into these two figures that most stores couldn’t give away? Can’t see them thinking they’ve got to release effects for a couple of peg warmers.. i don’t know, people want to say that the figures being released without movie support is the reason that this wave did poorly but in truth Disney took a chance on an unknown property and shockingly nobody cared.

it was a good movie, but it clearly didn’t move the needle for action figure sales. I’d be very surprised I’d Hasbro revisits this franchise before the sequel of an anniversary line

On 9/26/2021 at 5:30 PM, McHogan said:

Why would you think Hasbro would dip back into these two figures that most stores couldn’t give away? Can’t see them thinking they’ve got to release effects for a couple of peg warmers.. i don’t know, people want to say that the figures being released without movie support is the reason that this wave did poorly but in truth Disney took a chance on an unknown property and shockingly nobody cared.

it was a good movie, but it clearly didn’t move the needle for action figure sales. I’d be very surprised I’d Hasbro revisits this franchise before the sequel of an anniversary line

They got clearanced and sold out even before the movie came out. Sales have been doing decently since it came out from what I've seen, online prices have been steadily climbing. I could definitely see Hasbro releasing a fan channel 2-pack release of Shang with the rings and Wenwu with a more accurate suit and then a bunch of effects, similar to how they released the Red Guardian/Melina set this year.

On 9/27/2021 at 12:30 AM, McHogan said:

Yes it was unknown property to most, even to me as I wasn't very familiar with Shang Chi, but I think the main issue was that the figures weren;t very appealing either, cause they were spoiler free in a way. That combined with the fact that the movie wasn't out yet, didn't help the wave to imediately sell out -or even if the two figures are peg warmers in some areas- cause Hasbro couldn't go all out with them. But now that people have seen the movie, Hasbro can release some more interesting versions of these two, that won't be based on concept art and will come with some "spoilery" accessories. 

I'm not saying it has to happen, but the way they've always been about making these movie figures, means that rereleases are definitely on the menu and I think these are figures that could be included, so I wouldn't be surprised if it did happen afterall. 

On 9/26/2021 at 5:07 PM, Ironspider428 said:

"...they got clearanced and sold out even before the movie came out. Sales have been doing decently since it came out from what I've seen..."

They certainly didn't sell out here, except for the AI Iron Man. The Death Dealer looked to be popular but still was pegwarming. The other day I saw them marked down to $17.00, I think. 

On 9/27/2021 at 1:47 PM, Atlantis said:

They certainly didn't sell out here, except for the AI Iron Man. The Death Dealer looked to be popular but still was pegwarming. The other day I saw them marked down to $17.00, I think. 

Really? I haven't seen a single figure from that wave in a store near me for the past month. I grabbed a Katy at Target for $6 but that was several weeks ago and they didn't have anything else. Actually, I don't think I ever saw Xialing or Death Dealer in the store at all, even at first.

On 9/27/2021 at 1:47 PM, Atlantis said:

Same in my area. I can walk into my Target tomorrow and see Wen Wu, Shang Chi and Marvels Katy along with that Dragon from the basic line still waiting to be bought. My local GameStops have both Xialing and Deathdealer, oddly the only figures they have, but they’ve been there for weeks. 

I did have a hard time finding Xialing and Dealer when they first came out to be fair but they are plentiful now. 

Im honestly feeling the Eternals wave will be worse as far as peg warming. Only hoping that the combination of all new sculpts, the price hike, and another unproven property don’t bite Hasbro in the @$$ so they start reducing their allotted funds or new sculpts for the big time characters..

On 9/27/2021 at 4:59 AM, JohnF said:

Yes it was unknown property to most, even to me as I wasn't very familiar with Shang Chi, but I think the main issue was that the figures weren;t very appealing either, cause they were spoiler free in a way. That combined with the fact that the movie wasn't out yet, didn't help the wave to imediately sell out -or even if the two figures are peg warmers in some areas- cause Hasbro couldn't go all out with them. But now that people have seen the movie, Hasbro can release some more interesting versions of these two, that won't be based on concept art and will come with some "spoilery" accessories. 

I'm not saying it has to happen, but the way they've always been about making these movie figures, means that rereleases are definitely on the menu and I think these are figures that could be included, so I wouldn't be surprised if it did happen afterall. 

I do agree that Hasbro, for better or worse, will release better, more accurate versions of figures ( they have had me double dipping for years) but I would really be surprised if we see any more Shang Chi stuff until the sequel hits. 

Shang Chi won’t reach Black Panther numbers to warrant an emergency wave and I’ve got to think retailers aren’t jumping to stock more figures from the film. 

If I recall, Guardians of the Galaxy got two waves for their 2nd film and they did re-release the first films figures near the release date of the 2nd film but that was after fans decided Guardians was a winner. 

All this COULD happen for the Shang Chi franchise but I think they’ve got some work to do to reach even that level. 

On 9/28/2021 at 4:32 AM, McHogan said:

I do agree that Hasbro, for better or worse, will release better, more accurate versions of figures ( they have had me double dipping for years) but I would really be surprised if we see any more Shang Chi stuff until the sequel hits. 

Shang Chi won’t reach Black Panther numbers to warrant an emergency wave and I’ve got to think retailers aren’t jumping to stock more figures from the film. 

If I recall, Guardians of the Galaxy got two waves for their 2nd film and they did re-release the first films figures near the release date of the 2nd film but that was after fans decided Guardians was a winner. 

All this COULD happen for the Shang Chi franchise but I think they’ve got some work to do to reach even that level. 

I get your point and honestly we'll just have to wait and see what happens.