SPIDER-MAN RETRO

MODADDYDODOK

The Retro cardbacks do nothing for me, but Spidey is my favorite Marvel franchise so as far as I'm concerned it's just a great excuse to get more waves dedicated to Spider-Man, but free of the influence of movie stuff I don't want. I wish they were BAF waves.

One of my favorite things is seeing civilian figures. I've said for years that Aunt May, Mary Jane, Jarvis, etc are just as important as our traditional hero figures are. Seeing Jameson, Gwen and Peter gives me hope that we'll see more of that.

Aside from that, any excuse for mid tier jobber villains the better, because Spidey has the best Rogues Gallery in the business.

Spidey retro waves I very much pick and choose. I may be in the minority but while I do like Spidey, his mythology, his Rogues gallery, I was never a die hard fan. 

Many of the retro wave have been complete misses for me ( Negative Zone, Cyborg, ) but oddly Web Man I kinda like.

Also didn’t really watch the cartoon that many of these releases  are an homage to. I’m dating myself but Spider-Man -Man and his Amazing Friends was my must watch. 

Ill most likely grab the Black suit, but the rest are likely passes.

I do like the web effects that come with the Armored figure. if I can use Hammerheads body to head swap into another character I may grab him too. 

Now the upcoming Avengers retro figures I will be all over those.. 

Spider-Man TAS was my introduction to Marvel as a wee man so i think that’s got a lot to do with why I am the way I am ha.. a common sucker for nostalgia.

Though the collection definitely has its stinks. I only wanted/got a few of them myself. 

Symbiote retro & shocker were huge wants, personally. But I only reserved Symbiote and Ben Reilly. Will look for the rest at discount. Hobgoblin would have to be a hell of a deal, I know that😄 

As for a few more id like to see;  Blade and Nick Fury. Battle-Ravaged Spidey. A Six-Arm apology maybe. Man-Spider on the big card, if not a baf.

I don't keep the figures on their cards so the retro card design doesn't matter for me, I just happen to really like the figures we've gotten in this sub-line. I've got classic Spider-Man, Electro, Green Goblin, Kingpin, Black Cat, and Spider-Man 2099. I've pre-ordered everyone in the new wave except for Armored Spider-Man. I go back and forth on whether I want to get Jamison, Gwen, and Cyborg Spidey. 

More Spider-Man characters I want:

• The Lizard
  • Spider-Girl (Mayday)
  • Chameleon
  • Six-armed Spider-Man (improved)
  • Tarantula
  • Tombstone (suited)
  • The Rose
  • The Spot
  • The Enforcers (Montana, Fancy Dan, and Ox)
  • Bagman
  • Spider-Man Noir
  • Spider-Man 1602
  • Venom (same as the new retro one without the red and blue accents) 
  • Sssstegron

On 9/16/2021 at 5:55 AM, RyanDaly said:

I don't keep the figures on their cards so the retro card design doesn't matter for me, I just happen to really like the figures we've gotten in this sub-line. I've got classic Spider-Man, Electro, Green Goblin, Kingpin, Black Cat, and Spider-Man 2099. I've pre-ordered everyone in the new wave except for Armored Spider-Man. I go back and forth on whether I want to get Jamison, Gwen, and Cyborg Spidey. 

• The Lizard
  • Spider-Girl (Mayday)
  • Chameleon
  • Tarantula
  • Tombstone (suited)
  • The Rose
  • The Spot
  • Bagman
  • Spider-Man Noir
  • Spider-Man 1602
  • Sssstegron

I’m realizing now that I probably made it sound like the packaging made all the difference, but really the classic characters/designs is where it’s at for me. The cards are just a really nice touch. I did have to get a 2nd Spidey to keep on card though.. it just felt like the right thing to do 😄

Btw I dunno if it’s been mentioned (probably) but that armored Spider-Man looks exactly like the ps4 game version.

On 9/16/2021 at 5:55 AM, RyanDaly said:

• The Lizard
  • Spider-Girl (Mayday)
  • Chameleon
  • Tarantula
  • Tombstone (suited)
  • The Rose
  • The Spot
  • Bagman
  • Spider-Man Noir
  • Spider-Man 1602
  • Sssstegron

Got to have jjj. And need aunt may as well. 

Dang it, I hate going through Walmart for anything🙄. But after the latest reveals, a classic Lizard I’d say would be my top want for the Spidey shelf.
My pick 10 goes as such:

1. Lizard. 
2. Chameleon. 
3. Tarantula. 
4. Silver Sable. 
5. Blade
6. Boomerang. 
7. The Spot. 
8. Battle-Ravaged Spider-Man 
9. Molten Man
10. Dr Octopus. white suit (or TAS)

I would *really* like to see Green Goblin happen again eventually. Those aren’t his retro boots we got and the green is kinda too sharp, imo. Wouldn’t expect to see him back on the retro card though so Id go with deluxe; more gadgets, mask accessory &  a better glider with flight stand. Or enough stuff to justify being a deluxe or a rider. 🤷‍♂️

On 9/15/2021 at 7:19 PM, Fyrefly21 said:

One of my favorite things is seeing civilian figures. I've said for years that Aunt May, Mary Jane, Jarvis, etc are just as important as our traditional hero figures are. Seeing Jameson, Gwen and Peter gives me hope that we'll see more of that.

Absolutely. I'm an X-fan but I picked up that Gwen Stacy figure and was very tempted to get JJ Jameson.

I would love to get a Senator Kelly and Henry Gyrich

On 9/19/2021 at 10:35 AM, RyanDaly said:

He acted as the Avengers' government liaison for years and infamously oversaw the "rule" that Avengers teams could have no more than seven members at a time. 

spacer.png

No wonder I've seen comic art with Gyrich in that get-up.

This is the look I want for the figure, yes complete with a flip phone (could go for green-tinted glasses):

Henry_Gyrich_(Earth-92131).jpeg

For my choices:

• Iron Spider (fully articulated waldoes)
  • Tarantula 
  • Rhino (classic Romita style)
  • Equinox (running variants of ice/flame flame/ice)
  • Madame Web
  • Future Foundation suit
  • Assortment of Web effects
  • Green Goblin (yes, he's been done and very well at that....but he needs a better glider! The toybiz one was correct, these others are just too small)

On 9/19/2021 at 8:48 AM, RyanDaly said:

Gyrich would check X-Men and Avengers boxes. 

Yes sir, he is a must get. Only.. do I display him as an Avengers staff or enemy? Guy was that big of a dHead, it’s hard to determine. 

Ading to the Legends civilian list, Jarvis please