Toybiz 20th Anniversary Marvel Legends line info...

slugzilla

A user on the Fwoosh forums who revealed the list of the first X-Men wave for 2022 & an upcoming WalMart exclusive Retro Carded Lizard has revealed some info about the upcoming toybiz Legends anniversary line. The only confirmed figure is Captain America, however the user said there will be around a dozen or so additional figures in the line.

Anyone have any guesses as to who they may be?

On 9/16/2021 at 10:27 PM, slugzilla said:

The only confirmed figure is Captain America, however the user said there will be around a dozen or so additional figures in the line.

Dude. while the guy who posts on thefwoosh is usually right, he is only telling us what we already know about the TB homage wave. Hell, Hasbro more or less confirmed this in the last live stream when they showed the picture at the end that was based on the stand Cap came with.

On 9/16/2021 at 5:29 PM, tarot said:

Dude. while the guy who posts on thefwoosh is usually right, he is only telling us what we already know about the TB homage wave. Hell, Hasbro more or less confirmed this in the last live stream when they showed the picture at the end that was based on the stand Cap came with.

What is your point? I don't understand.

On 9/16/2021 at 5:27 PM, slugzilla said:

A user on the Fwoosh forums who revealed the list of the first X-Men wave for 2022 & an upcoming WalMart exclusive Retro Carded Lizard has revealed some info about the upcoming toybiz Legends anniversary line. The only confirmed figure is Captain America, however the user said there will be around a dnuozen or so additional figures in the line.

Anyone have any guesses as to who they may be?

Toad seems like a lock to me. With 12 slots, I doubt they're just doing the old wave 1 line-up and then some though; we've gotten fantastic recent updates on Iron Man and Hulk, and the Iron Man mold just got two more releases recently.

Outside of Toad, I have no idea who we'll see. Hope Cap is the 80th mold as a non- exclusive in classic bright colors.

On 9/16/2021 at 10:49 PM, Fyrefly21 said:

Toad seems like a lock to me. With 12 slots, I doubt they're just doing the old wave 1 line-up and then some though; we've gotten fantastic recent updates on Iron Man and Hulk, and the Iron Man mold just got two more releases recently.

Outside of Toad, I have no idea who we'll see. Hope Cap is the 80th mold as a non- exclusive in classic bright colors.

It's basically going to be new anniversary line (ala MCU 10th, Marvel 80th, X-men movie 20th, MCU Infinity) so it will probably come in the same packaging as them.

The only thing I'm worried about is that like most of those lines, this will NOT be JUST Toybiz but the Marvel Legends line as a whole from Toybiz to the current line. So thinking it will all be from the toybiz might not be the best solution.

On 9/16/2021 at 5:49 PM, Fyrefly21 said:

I'm hoping they'll just use this line as an excuse to give us new improved sculpts for some of the more obscure characters from the toybiz line that haven't had the chance to be updated yet.

On 9/16/2021 at 6:07 PM, slugzilla said:

I'm hoping they'll just use this line as an excuse to give us new improved sculpts for some of the more obscure characters from the toybiz line that haven't had the chance to be updated yet.

This is my personal hope as well. Blackheart (Unless we can swing that rumored Ghost Rider wave) and Howard the Duck are the top of my list for Toybiz updates. Werewolf By Night, Man-Spider, Mecha Hulk, and some Young Avenger updates would be greatly appreciated as well.

I think the repaint of  yellow/Red armor for Iron man which was released recently will come with a yellow glow in his chest.  Cap in brighter colors would be nice. Im excited of the prospect of a new Toad.  Who was in wave two? Wolverine? Torch? Namor? 

1796379-toadimage.jpg

On 9/16/2021 at 7:09 PM, GrtWhiteCustoms said:

I think the repaint of  yellow/Red armor for Iron man which was released recently will come with a yellow glow in his chest.  Cap in brighter colors would be nice. Im excited of the prospect of a new Toad.  Who was in wave two? Wolverine? Torch? Namor? 

Wave 2 was Thing, Human Torch, Doom and Namor

My only concern is that we’ve gotten pretty definitive version of many of the leaked characters. Obviously there are some missing but what will Hasbro do to give us incentive to but new versions of the best version we’ve already gotten?

as already mentioned, maybe Cap is lighter blue, maybe Iron Man gets an alternate horned helmet. Maybe Thor finally gets that bearded alt head! I mean, honestly, they could re-release the 80th Cap in light blue and it’s an instant buy for me.  

This ToyBiz tribute line has me intrigued...

On 9/20/2021 at 4:56 AM, McHogan said:

My only concern is that we’ve gotten pretty definitive version of many of the leaked characters. Obviously there are some missing but what will Hasbro do to give us incentive to but new versions of the best version we’ve already gotten?

as already mentioned, maybe Cap is lighter blue, maybe Iron Man gets an alternate horned helmet. Maybe Thor finally gets that bearded alt head! I mean, honestly, they could re-release the 80th Cap in light blue and it’s an instant buy for me.  

This ToyBiz tribute line has me intrigued...

I would suspect alt heads might be one incentive but it is hard to see what else they could do. Of course it would be a chance for people who missed out the first time to get them.

On 9/20/2021 at 6:41 AM, Emnems80 said:

And what version of Hulk could they release for this line?

They've repainted and re-released the 80th anniversary Hulk, like, four times already, but they've never changed his bottom half. This could be the time to release a version with purple trunks and bare legs that he had at the end of the Bill Mantlo run when he became smart Hulk for the first prolonged period and then in through the short John Byrne run. 

spacer.pngspacer.png

I also really want this ^^^ version of Boomerang. Could go in a retro Spidey wave to complete the original Deadly Foes lineup.