Toybiz 20th Anniversary Marvel Legends line info...

slugzilla

On 9/20/2021 at 3:55 AM, RyanDaly said:

They've repainted and re-released the 80th anniversary Hulk, like, four times already, but they've never changed his bottom half. This could be the time to release a version with purple trunks and bare legs that he had at the end of the Bill Mantlo run when he became smart Hulk for the first prolonged period and then in through the short John Byrne run. 

spacer.pngspacer.png

I also really want this ^^^ version of Boomerang. Could go in a retro Spidey wave to complete the original Deadly Foes lineup. 

I think this would make it possibly worth picking up another one if they did change it like that. My worry is that it'll just be the 80th repacked again just with a stand/display piece as an anniversary homage to the Toybiz wave 1.

On 9/20/2021 at 5:55 AM, RyanDaly said:

They've repainted and re-released the 80th anniversary Hulk, like, four times already, but they've never changed his bottom half. This could be the time to release a version with purple trunks and bare legs that he had at the end of the Bill Mantlo run when he became smart Hulk for the first prolonged period and then in through the short John Byrne run. 

spacer.pngspacer.png

I also really want this ^^^ version of Boomerang. Could go in a retro Spidey wave to complete the original Deadly Foes lineup. 

Damn just when I thought I didn’t need anymore Hulks 😭

I'd say it's going to be wave 1 of the Toybiz figures, in mock versions of the old packaging (comic image at back as cardback) with a cardboard display emulating the old plastic displays as pack in, I'd say 80th cap in brighter colors, the Shang Chi wave Iron Man with accurate arc reactor and the horned helmet, plus a helmet that displays tony's face, 80th Hulk in new colors and new head sculpt, and brand new Toad.

I could also see them chucking us a First Appearance Iron Man as a potential exclusive and a new Namor.

On 9/20/2021 at 5:55 AM, RyanDaly said:

spacer.png

Ooh am realizing that’s the comic that series 1 Hulk came with. This could be the time indeed 🤞🏻😑🤞🏻

image.thumb.jpeg.9c881eed15bc5e4588b9cd72b44c0313.jpeg

It's hard to believe it's been 20 years since Legends made their debut!! I remember the excitement of myself and my older sons had when  picking up new characters at our local Toys R Us. I still have the original Toad in my collection.  I'll be happy to retire him finally with a new Hasbro sculpt. 

Happy 20 MARVEL LEGENDS

(Bring on a new PHOENIX!)

On 9/22/2021 at 10:44 PM, GrtWhiteCustoms said:

It's hard to believe it's been 20 years since Legends made their debut!! I remember the excitement of myself and my older sons had when  picking up new characters at our local Toys R Us. I still have the original Toad in my collection.  I'll be happy to retire him finally with a new Hasbro sculpt. 

Happy 20 MARVEL LEGENDS

Yea. Hard to believe. I’m still displaying cap, Thor , Ironman and hulk. Never got toad though. 

On 9/23/2021 at 4:44 AM, GrtWhiteCustoms said:

Happy 20 MARVEL LEGENDS

I still remember buying my Cap from the Toymaster in Wexford and being blown away with him. I only one I didn't pick up was Toad because he was ugly and had only half the articulation of the others.

Until the 80th Iron Man, ToyBiz had the definitive IM for years. The two pack with Shield Agent was way to skinny and limited by the sculpt. Tho the original did suffer from “gorilla” arms.. 

Hasbros 80th, despite the mishap on the backwards joints), is an engineering marvel.. they’ve captured the classic look withOUT hindering from the sculpt. And it’s big enough to look like an adult male is inside.

The Toybiz Hulk to me was always a bit wonky for sculpt. But Cap was also a long time best version. even Hasbro’s first attempts at a classic didn’t hold up due to its large head. Of course the 80th Cap is now the best ever, at least until this figure gets a light blue repaint!

BTW, the ToyBiz versions of BAF Giant Man, Thor, 1st app Iron Man, and mini Ant Man & Wasp are still displayed today