Jump to content

Good Marvel characters that need a redo from Hasbro


Hogun
 Share

Recommended Posts

There are a lot of Marvel Legends that represent Amazing characters that Hasbro needs to redo in order to give them justice. Give me your thoughts. The only rule I ask is that it has to be the same character with the same costume. So, no 12 Spider-Man with the same body mold but different costume. It could be a change of accessories or just better paint in general. So long as it is same costume and same character.

I want Hasbro to redo Death Dealer because that figure does not do him justice. No fists and no separate dagger and dagger holding hand. Instead we get splayed hands and a dagger holding hand but the dagger is is this small little flat piece held by the blade. It is a shame. Considering his fight against Shang-Chi in the fight club was one of the best and most well-choreographed.

On that subject, I want a new Wenwu with interchangeable arms where the rings are launched and a movie accurate costume. Wenwu is my favorite character in the MCU and as a Hong Konger like Leung Chiu-Wai. I want a figure where Leung Chiu-Wai throws his rings like a badass.

How about  deluxe Mr. Fantastic with a new stretch body because those bendy wire arms are just not going to cut it. He is not fun if he can only stretch his arms.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/16/2021 at 7:34 PM, Hogun said:

How about  deluxe Mr. Fantastic with a new stretch body because those bendy wire arms are just not going to cut it. He is not fun if he can only stretch his arms.

This is one of my top three. I love the look of the retro-carded blue and white Mr. Fantastic and Invisible Woman, but they both leave something to be desired. 

  1. Invisible Woman - just fix her head, please. New face sculpt and better hair, ideally shorter. I wouldn't be opposed to some semi-transparent limbs like the Walgreens version had too.
  2. Mr. Fantastic - stretched torso, arms, and legs are a must, a stretched neck would be fine. It would also be cool to give him some kind of crazy weapon, like a blaster rifle or bazooka 
  3. Ant-Man - classic Hank Pym. Retro Spider-Man body, improved helmet, interchangeable unmasked head; jet pack, ants, miniature Ant-Man accessories

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

  • Black Widow, classic on a thicker buck, new head(s), wrist cuff effects.
  • Black Panther, classic like Rocket Wave, different buck, add fist hands
  • Scarlet Witch, classic comic red/pink redeco
  • Vision, classic non-metallic green/yellow redeco. Alternate Cape? Fix undies.
  • Scarlet Spider, on the retro buck w/ hoodie overlay
  • Iron Man, neo-classic update
  • Iceman, classic if Hasbro can figure it out.
  • Tiger Shark, new buck, razorblade fins that run down side of limbs (probably the most doubtful)

 

But Im gonna stop there
I still have that stretched out Reed but if the blue clashes with the retro wave, I will absolutely be advocating for an upgrade.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I will never stop beating this drum: The Kingpin figure(s) should not scale out to 7 1/2" tall. I love the figure by itself, but he looks too damn big with the other Spiderman and Daredevil characters. He should be the same height as Tombstone. Which reminds me...Tombstone is too short. Both of them should be about as tall as the "Jim Lee" Cable. Both should be all new. And if they made Tombstone in a suit, Hasbro could finally have a tall suited body to work with.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/16/2021 at 7:34 PM, Hogun said:

There are a lot of Marvel Legends that represent Amazing characters that Hasbro needs to redo in order to give them justice. Give me your thoughts. The only rule I ask is that it has to be the same character with the same costume. So, no 12 Spider-Man with the same body mold but different costume. It could be a change of accessories or just better paint in general. So long as it is same costume and same character.

I want Hasbro to redo Death Dealer because that figure does not do him justice. No fists and no separate dagger and dagger holding hand. Instead we get splayed hands and a dagger holding hand but the dagger is is this small little flat piece held by the blade. It is a shame. Considering his fight against Shang-Chi in the fight club was one of the best and most well-choreographed.

On that subject, I want a new Wenwu with interchangeable arms where the rings are launched and a movie accurate costume. Wenwu is my favorite character in the MCU and as a Hong Konger like Leung Chiu-Wai. I want a figure where Leung Chiu-Wai throws his rings like a badass.

How about  deluxe Mr. Fantastic with a new stretch body because those bendy wire arms are just not going to cut it. He is not fun if he can only stretch his arms.

Finally caught Shang Chi tonight. It was a solid MCU film but not great. Tony Leung was Spectacular however. This was my first exposure to him and he left me very impressed. He acted circles around the rest of the cast for sure

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/16/2021 at 9:10 PM, Satam said:

I will never stop beating this drum: The Kingpin figure(s) should not scale out to 7 1/2" tall. I love the figure by itself, but he looks too damn big with the other Spiderman and Daredevil characters. He should be the same height as Tombstone. Which reminds me...Tombstone is too short. Both of them should be about as tall as the "Jim Lee" Cable. Both should be all new. And if they made Tombstone in a suit, Hasbro could a tall suited body to work with.

 

Totally agree. KP shoulda been a full head shorter. Same goes for the Thing. Both were over scaled.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Neo classic is the one of last major IM armor I need. I’ve got both version of that under sized one (both normal and bulky boots) but he was a disappointment from day 1. Small, terrible hips, small,, 

the MCU (1st 10 years/ Infinity Saga) got IM right.. larger body, believe that an adult male could be inside the suit. 

Then just need Heroes Return era IM, maybe heroes reborn but after all this time that little experience still leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Psyclocke is a big offender to me, she needs a less spindely buck, and a better face

but my all time Offender is Lasher, Lasher is a horrid mess, he is on a super wrong buck, Lasher in the comics was never a scrawny little pizza-spidey buck guy, I love/hate that figure, I'd buy a new one in a hot second that reflected the correct body, this one they gave us looks like a teenager is hosting this symbiote.

spacer.pngspacer.png

what a bad buck choice, even just bucky cap would have been sufficient

Lasherbro.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/23/2021 at 4:56 AM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Psyclocke is a big offender to me, she needs a less spindely buck, and a better face

but my all time Offender is Lasher, Lasher is a horrid mess, he is on a super wrong buck, Lasher in the comics was never a scrawny little pizza-spidey buck guy, I love/hate that figure, I'd buy a new one in a hot second that reflected the correct body, this one they gave us looks like a teenager is hosting this symbiote.

spacer.pngspacer.png

what a bad buck choice, even just bucky cap would have been sufficient

Lasherbro.jpg

I would love to have an accurate Lasher

lasher_lucks_out_by_leokearon_ddyoxja-fu

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Pretty much every character pre-Juggernaut BAF wave, especially the women!

Cyclops could do with a different body mold, but other characters need redone first imo.

A better version of Captain Marvel (Carol) would be nice, the last release was still in the plastic-y face era.

A classic red suited DareDevil for sure!

Spider-Gwen and Miles need re-issued at the very least

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Re-do the ones they have botched.

The Vision- vintage got the outfit colors and the cape length (but not the collar and cord) right. Everything else needs a re-do! 

Silver Centurion- need I say more. 

Silver Surfer- almost perfect....but he's WAY too small!!

Storm- the 2pack was the perfect opportunity; they made her pinless, great alt head, but the cuffs were wrong and the torso is WAY wrong!

Quicksilver- Don't know who that head belongs to, but its NOT Quicksilver. The color on the costume is wrong too.

Captain Marvel (Mar-Vell)-sloppy, bland....

Guardian- sloppy, again, and that grumpy old man face isn't helping.

Iron Man NOW- took the cheap way out. Do better. 

Nighthawk-sloppy

Dr. Strange- this is a joke, right? 

Dormammu- how on earth did they blow this?? Everything right, bizarre Ditko costume, colors, etc. and then they basically blot out the eyes and mouth!!

Black Widow- embarrassment (in fact they really need to re-do almost ALL the female figs)

I could go on, but these are the topmost on my mind at the moment.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/1/2021 at 3:39 AM, Dabboi said:

Pretty much every character pre-Juggernaut BAF wave, especially the women!

Cyclops could do with a different body mold, but other characters need redone first imo.

A better version of Captain Marvel (Carol) would be nice, the last release was still in the plastic-y face era.

A classic red suited DareDevil for sure!

Spider-Gwen and Miles need re-issued at the very least

Definitely Captain Marvel (Carol)

Spider-Gwen (Ghost Spider) and Miles definitely need to be re-issued they're too damn expensive   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/16/2021 at 7:40 PM, MODADDYDODOK said:

This must be why I prefer to display Fisk with my DD rather than Spidey. I get that Frank Miller vibe. Also, where da pinstripes at??
F8AEFE61-66B9-4F6D-AC0B-437BA446CCC2.thumb.jpeg.70a28368463d2d0ec7ba4764eb55686f.jpegDE06D3B6-3EF1-4789-8558-07DDC006807F.thumb.jpeg.94399f75d26d571bcf7572f23ddb79dd.jpeg

 

 

 

 

Switching up villains like this was one of the smartest and more logical moves Miller did. As impressive as Kingpin is, he should never have been able to go toe-to-toe with Spidey as much as he did, all thru the 60s and 70s, without enhanced powers. They took that "blubber is actually muscle" nonsense way too far. 

Of course, we could go all day saying what "should have" happened or "should not have" happened and not get anywhere, so don't pay attention to me, kids.

But yeah for accuracy, he needs the pinstripes. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Callisto. The blue shading in the hair looks deeply weird. Otherwise, this figure seems great!

Cannonball. I'm glad we're finally getting legs, but the blast effect used both times for 90s Cannonball is awful. It's literally not even as big as his legs, so how the hell is it enveloping them. I get that it probably needed to be small for cost efficiency, but it looks bad and lazy.

Cyber. I get that they were going for cheap re-use, but Colossus and Cyber's bodies have nothing in common except plated arms. Cyber should be way wider, more hunched, and nowhere nearly as tall, plus he really needs some stubble.

Jean Grey. It's not a look I really care for anyway, but the green/yellow Jean from the HOX/POX wave might be the worst figure Hasbro has released in the modern era. From scaling poorly with other Jeans, to being effectively a statue from the waist down, as well as having bad torso articulation and weird hair, there's not much to like here. They should try this again, scaled and articulated better, and with a better head. At least, they did a running change on the shoes.

Legion. I actually think the current figure looks mostly great, but it was a bad reuse of the far-too-buff Shang-Chi legs, and from online pictures, it looks super distracting. It also seems like the overspray may have gone horribly awry with many people’s figures.

Magneto. Hasbro really seems to struggle to get Magneto's head to fit in his helmet without looking awkward. The Apocalypse-wave Magneto headsculpt is great and the new Age of Apocalypse one looks pretty good too, but neither features the classic costume. The angry head that comes with the three-pack is okay, but I would love to see a deluxe Magneto in the classic red and purple, with a big magnetic force-field effect to envelop him, and with much, much better care taken to give him a great headsculpt. They've tried their hand at this look twice, but haven't gotten it just right yet, and he's a character that really deserves the deluxe treatment. I'd also like to see his HOX/POX figure with a better head and accurate ribbing on the costume (or ideally redone with the additional subtle costume changes necessary to run him alongside Walgreens Emma, Walgreens Magik, and Jubilee-wave Cyclops), but that's a lower priority.

Mastermind. This figure looks incredible, but I'd love to see it in the colours from the original Dark Phoenix Saga.

Omega Sentinel. Karima is a woman of Indian descent. And while they're reissuing her with the right hair and skin colours, they can do something about the terrible legs they used for her too. They fixed Jean's shoes. This really should have been fixed too.

Quicksilver. Similarly to Magneto, the Quicksilver from that three-pack has a pretty awful head, and I'd have preferred to see it released without the black speedo, to better represent his days in X-Factor.

Rogue. They've tried their hand twice at 90s Rogue, and I hope they do it again. The body they used both times is terrible, and the head isn't great either.

Shadowcat. I don't have it in-hand yet, but nothing I've seen online has me feeling much better about the headsculpt on the Age of Apocalypse Kitty. People were upset about Invisible Woman, but this looks so much worse to me.

Storm. Another third-time's-the-charm opportunity, but the 90s Storm really needs to be released in the silver-y colour that many of us associate with this era. Not trying to get into black vs. white vs. silver debates, but they did release black and white. Time to release it again in the correct colours. 🙂

Wolverine. They have Wolverine basically down to a science at this point, but that Astonishing version from the Jubilee wave is terrible and really needs updating, up to and including a much-improved unmasked head, since shirtless Wolverine finally put that option on the table.

Since the start of the Infinite series, these are the only ones that significantly bother me (that are relevant to my collection, anyway). I have minor nitpicks with many figures, but these are the few that really bum me out. Unfortunately, a huge percentage of them are from this year. Hell, three of them are from the same box-set. If I'd made this list last year, it would've been 6 figures instead of 13. Maybe a few of these will be better than anticipated once in-hand, but this has really been a pretty rough year for quality of output, in my opinion.

EDIT: Now that I have the Wolverine five-pack in-hand, I'm rescinding my complaints about Callisto. I don't love the blue highlights in her hair, but I see why they did them. She would've looked super washed-out with black hair and virtually all black clothing. I think some dark gray highlights would've looked better, but I know the blue is more reminiscent of old comic book colouring. My complaints about Cyber and Mastermind stand, though the Mastermind toy is exquisite. I realize it's just a new head on the Hellfire male body, but it looks incredible. Too bad about the colours...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Magneto should be like white Doom size, imo. The 3pk figure is too small/puny for what I imagine.

But the twins are HUGE dots on my redo radar. The paint choices were doodoo. Aside from new head, QS should get white paint apps vs that pearlescent color that they think looks good. I’m hoping for the green suit next though so… hopefully they don’t screw that one up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/23/2021 at 7:56 AM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Psyclocke is a big offender to me, she needs a less spindely buck, and a better face

but my all time Offender is Lasher, Lasher is a horrid mess, he is on a super wrong buck, Lasher in the comics was never a scrawny little pizza-spidey buck guy, I love/hate that figure, I'd buy a new one in a hot second that reflected the correct body, this one they gave us looks like a teenager is hosting this symbiote.

spacer.pngspacer.png

what a bad buck choice, even just bucky cap would have been sufficient

Lasherbro.jpg

I can see Hasbro doing  5 pack as Exclusive on Amazon or some other fan channel exclusives. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/4/2021 at 3:37 PM, Benn said:

Omega Sentinel. Karima is a woman of Indian descent. And while they're reissuing her with the right hair and skin colours, they can do something about the terrible legs they used for her too. They fixed Jean's shoes. This really should have been fixed too.

Wait, they're reissuing Omega Sentinel? That's awesome

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/5/2021 at 5:46 PM, Dabboi said:

Wait, they're reissuing Omega Sentinel? That's awesome

No, they’re definitely not. I phrased that badly. What I meant was “They need to reissue her with the right hair and skin colours, and—while they’re doing that—they should do something about the terrible legs they used for her too.”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...







Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!


Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE