Marvel Legends Classic Dr. Strange Walmart Exclusive Figure Revealed

JayC

On 9/20/2021 at 7:23 AM, Virtualzach said:

I like the Dr. Manhattan face he comes with.  

The problem with that face mask is that it doesnt belong on this outfit. When Marvel gave him the mask, they were emphasizing his "super hero" aspect, which in addition to that mask, gave him a form-fitting traditional superhero outfit. Plainly it didnt last.

And what kind of horsedung is this....the cloak ISN'T removable?? 

On 9/20/2021 at 8:45 AM, tarot said:

strangemask3.jpg?q=50&fit=crop&w=740&h=1

Fun fact. the reason Strange was even given a masked look is because Marvel thought that he wasn't superhero looking and gave him a mask to make him look more like a standard super-hero. They quickly learnt their lesson.

That is interesting, I honestly had no idea and I consider myself pretty well-read in the comic world.  I do like the figure but I already have the new MCU one on pre-order and I try not to 'double-up' on characters as much as possible.  😕

Okay, we got Dormammu in the BOTBG wave. Now we're getting a standalone classic Doctor Strange as an exclusive not part of the upcoming movie wave. I'm more convinced than ever that we will get a classic comic version of Baron Mordo in 2022, which would fulfill one of the teases that the guys mentioned in the last livestream. I bet Mordo is one of the comic figures in the movie wave. Wouldn't surprise me if we got a comic version of Wong or Clea in that wave too.

(I'm also hoping Shuma-Gorath is the next HasLab.)

On 9/20/2021 at 12:47 PM, RyanDaly said:

Okay, we got Dormammu in the BOTBG wave. Now we're getting a standalone classic Doctor Strange as an exclusive not part of the upcoming movie wave. I'm more convinced than ever that we will get a classic comic version of Baron Mordo in 2022, which would fulfill one of the teases that the guys mentioned in the last livestream. I bet Mordo is one of the comic figures in the movie wave. Wouldn't surprise me if we got a comic version of Wong or Clea in that wave too.

I think it's way more likely we get a movie Wong than a comic one in that wave (he's now one of the few semi-prominent MCU characters who has no figure now) but I could see a comic Mordo being there.

On 9/20/2021 at 1:47 PM, RyanDaly said:

I don't think we'll see any of those particular comic characters in that wave given that the movie versions will likely be in there. Maybe comic Clea has a chance, but MCU Wong and Mordo are almost guaranteed to be in there. My guess is we'll get 5 movie figures and a BAF, then 2 comic characters, MCU Strange, America Chavez, Wong, Mordo and Wanda, BAF MCU Rintrah and then maybe comic figures of Clea and Mephisto.

On 9/20/2021 at 9:40 AM, JayC said:
Shown below is our first look at the new Marvel Legends comic based classic Dr. Strange figure from Hasbro. The reveal comes via Boog. The figure will be offered during Walmart's Collector Con event which takes place Oct 7-8. New items will be revealed each day from various companies at 7am PT.

Dr-Strange-01.jpg

Dr-Strange-02.jpg

Dr-Strange-03.jpg

Dr-Strange-04.jpg

Dr-Strange-05.jpg

Dr-Strange-06.jpg

Dr-Strange-08.jpg

Dr-Strange-09.jpg

Dr-Strange-10.jpg

Dr-Strange-11.jpg

Dr-Strange-12.jpg

Dr-Strange-07.jpg

Dr-Strange-13.jpg

Dr-Strange-14.jpg

Dr-Strange-15.jpg

Am I the only one not thrilled by the blue color choice on his chest?  Don’t get me wrong I’ve been asking for this for a long time and am happy to see it. 

On 9/20/2021 at 2:57 PM, LordVenger said:

Am I the only one not thrilled by the blue color choice on his chest?  Don’t get me wrong I’ve been asking for this for a long time and am happy to see it. 

You're not alone. It looks like they just didn't bother painting the emblem and it's really throwing off the whole look to me

On 9/20/2021 at 10:57 AM, LordVenger said:

"...Am I the only one not thrilled by the blue color choice on his chest?..."

I'm not thrilled either. Thankfully, its not glaringly wrong, but it could've been better.

The tunic should be a shade darker blue, leaving the "demon" insignia brighter blue (or leave the tunic as is and really make the blue lighter on the emblem).  

The gloves have those black dots that Ditko drew in, kudos! However they're normally orange (like the belt sash should be), not yellow.

The designer lines on the yellow border of the cloak should be black ( but I guess we're lucky they put them there at all).

I'm mostly not thrilled that they chose to make this a wm exclusive. At least with Amazon, we'd have a fighting chance.

Me before reading article: wait a new Doctor Strange figure and classic?! oh i must se-

Me after reading the article:  😢 Hasbro why? why Walmart exclusive?

welp that aside the figure looks interesting and all no doubt about it, sad it will be an exclusive, but well in case if i can't get him there should always be Armadillo wave one either way, so there's that for me.

Soared to the heights of Euphoria when I saw it, only to come crashing to Earth like a blazing meteor the moment I saw it was a Wal-Mart exclusive. Why, Hasbro, why do you hate me??  Sheesh....I've had explosively temperamental 'ex' girlfriends that gave me less grief! 

Any how, I have to have it. I'll find it some way, some how. But yes, this really does feel like we're being trolled, especially given that this is his classic self.

I should be over the moon for this figure, I really should, because its undoubtedly beautiful....but what they've done here is like a snickering joke in the face to collectors. 

Knowing full well that we're disgusted by these exclusives (because No One Can GET Them), they take a figure we've been clamoring for... and make it exclusive. To one of the worst offenders.

Then, even though they've used this exact same cloak on modern Legends before, this time they decide to glue it to the figure?? its stiff and clunky as it is. I can only hope the plastic is softer this time out.

They're treating the figure as a kind of Premium deal, but they gave him the same standard, shopworn effects we've seen a million times now. This is DR. STRANGE.....he should have  more unique effects. The wand is great, but trade the axe for some effects we've not seen yet. Throw in some Crimson Bands of Cyttorak, for Vishanti's sake.  And instead of the masked head (which doesn't belong on this outfit), give us one where he 's intensely grimacing as he fights back the onslaught of Dormammu. Another missed opportunity- the Eye of Agamotto. It would've been fantastic if it actually opened and closed. How cool is that!