Marvel Legends Classic Dr. Strange Walmart Exclusive Figure Revealed

JayC

On 9/21/2021 at 7:27 PM, GreenwithNV said:

They announced it for October 7th and 8th, with new products available for preorder online at 7 AM ET both days.

I thought it said 7 AM Pacific time which it would make it 9 AM Central time here. I am going to be asleep when this comes up.

On 9/22/2021 at 7:09 AM, Dodge76 said:

I thought it said 7 AM Pacific time which it would make it 9 AM Central time here. I am going to be asleep when this comes up.

Since that there's probably about a 50-50 chance Walmart fulfills any given pre-order, more sleep might have been the better choice.

I'll wait for now, feels like *most* Walmart exclusives end up on the website eventually (usually after they've been marked down to $5 at stores nowhere near me). 

On 9/22/2021 at 7:18 AM, bashpics99 said:

Since that there's probably about a 50-50 chance Walmart fulfills any given pre-order, more sleep might have been the better choice.

I'll wait for now, feels like *most* Walmart exclusives end up on the website eventually (usually after they've been marked down to $5 at stores nowhere near me). 

Yeah I work nights and when I loose sleep then I run a chance of over sleeping and not feeling good at work and its just not worth putting my body through all of this.

On 9/22/2021 at 11:48 PM, GrtWhiteCustoms said:

It's past time for a Clea figure. 

Id like to finish up my Defenders shelf with Hellstorm, Devil Slayer, Gargoyle as well.

133170-76190-clea.gif

If they give us a new Dr. Strange wave for the upcoming Sequel and they skip over Clea, I'm going to be a very disgruntled customer, Clea is a most wanted list mainstay for me, and we need that to change, she is extremely easy to do for Hasbro, I also need me a Hellstorm and Gargoyle, and now that you bring DS up, yeah him too but I won't be mad if we don't see them soon, Clea I will.

On 9/22/2021 at 8:07 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

"...If they give us a new Dr. Strange wave for the upcoming Sequel..."

I suppose its too much to hope for that they'd give us an ACCURATE classic Dr. Strange for the upcoming sequel.....then again, the Kingpin was produced about a year (?) after the Kingpin BAF, so....

On 9/23/2021 at 12:14 AM, Atlantis said:

I suppose its too much to hope for that they'd give us an ACCURATE classic Dr. Strange for the upcoming sequel.....then again, the Kingpin was produced about a year (?) after the Kingpin BAF, so....

Hey you never know, knowing Hasbro and their slight of hand tricks and smoke & mirror gags, we might just be getting 2 classic stranges, I could see them putting a second Classic strange out in a Multiverse of Madness wave, one that has a better chest painted piece that is accurate, not that WTH paint job it has, they did a dr. strange trick like that already remember... stupid Illuminati versions *sigh*

On 9/22/2021 at 11:20 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Hey you never know, knowing Hasbro and their slight of hand tricks and smoke & mirror gags, we might just be getting 2 classic stranges, I could see them putting a second Classic strange out in a Multiverse of Madness wave, one that has a better chest painted piece that is accurate, not that WTH paint job it has, they did a dr. strange trick like that already remember... stupid Illuminati versions *sigh*

i would be both surprised and not surprised if that were the case 😂 

• 2 weeks later...

It went well for me as well even though I just remembered this event was going on. Completely spaced that this was going on until a few minutes ago and easily got all 3 Legends exclusives. 

Why Target can’t keep a pre-order in stock for longer than 20 minutes is beyond me. 12 hours later I got Walmart’s exclusives as easily as if I got up early. Guess ol Wally World just jumped in front of Target as the easiest place to find exclusives..

Well it wasn’t so pleasant early this morning. At the official start time, 10 am eastern, the collector con shop now button on the Walmart app took you to random items not related to the toy con. When I entered through a link to the con from another site on the internet I got a page that said sorry we are having problems. No #$##. After about 45 minutes of me literally trying to get in constantly, it seems they had fixed the shop now button but once inside dr strange was nowhere to be found. I then gave up for an hour and came back and was able to get him. But no part of the experience for me was easy, smooth or pleasant. 

That’s about how I remember the event going last year. I actually ordered all the Black Series stuff last year with no names or pictures attached to any of the items, about half an hour before they were supposed to go live. Then they still didn’t have names or pictures until after they sold out. Thankfully I wanted three of the four of them, and the one I didn’t want seemed pretty tradeable, so it was fine, but it was a mess.

This year I didn’t want anything, so I Just sort of casually checked things out every few hours.

On 9/21/2021 at 8:50 AM, Sasquatch said:

"...if the headsculpt looked like that image, I would have been more happy. The one they gave us does not look toned, is kind of fat faced.

Dr. Strange is toned in my eyes, with pronounced cheekbones. I saw the Diamond Select Gallery version of him and that looks like to Dr. Strange to me. And it is a more dynamic looking sculpt..."

Diamond.jpg

I do think Dr. Strange should look like an older, mature and experienced man. One who indeed is toned, almost wiry. I really do not like the lighter, flippant attitude that we're seeing in the MCU and What If...? tv series. And the latest comics haven't done much for him either; I had to drop them. The DS version really does have a face that is perfect for how I see Dr. Strange.