Marvel Legends Classic Dr. Strange Walmart Exclusive Figure Revealed

JayC

On 1/5/2022 at 5:17 PM, Mandomuggle said:

Is that a Sentinel Iron Man "Tin Man" armor cleverly placed in the back to look 6"?

If not, I need to know which figure that is!

That's the one. I'm not sure if it needs to be strategically placed, it fits pretty well in Marvel Legends scale, especially if you consider that the Tin Man armor is meant to be pretty hefty. The figure is barely a hair taller than Hasbro's MK 7.

On 1/5/2022 at 10:44 PM, MrStevenWolfe said:

OK, I gotta know, where in the Verse can I find that Iron Man figure?!

Not sure if you can get this figure anymore, it's pretty old from like 2015 or something Sentinel Action Armorized Iron Man. I'm fairly sure it was pretty limited and has likely been discontinued.

https://solarisjapan.com/products/iron-man-action-armorize-sentinel

Can’t wait!! Just wish his ‘demon’ symbol was clearly lighter blue. Painting it lighter is beyond my abilities. 

Love that older Dr Strange figures heads fit this new body. Be an easy way to get an late 80s / early 90’s look to him since his default head is clearly 70s inspired.

Love the masked head more than I thought I would too.

Still, this will happily be my go to Dr Strange. Very excited to get him

On 1/6/2022 at 9:53 AM, McHogan said:

Can’t wait!! Just wish his ‘demon’ symbol was clearly lighter blue. Painting it lighter is beyond my abilities. 

Love that older Dr Strange figures heads fit this new body. Be an easy way to get an late 80s / early 90’s look to him since his default head is clearly 70s inspired.

Love the masked head more than I thought I would too.

Still, this will happily be my go to Dr Strange. Very excited to get him

You pretty much summed up all my thoughts on him. 

On 1/6/2022 at 6:53 AM, McHogan said:

"Can’t wait!! Just wish his ‘demon’ symbol was clearly lighter blue. Painting it lighter is beyond my abilities. 

Love the masked head more than I thought I would too...."

This is the kind of thing that they do that just makes no sense, and try as I might, I can see no reason for it outside of some deliberate act. 

Its not so much that it "ruins" the figure (though what they did to Dormammu, does, to me, ruin it), its that its so very unnecessary. Are we really to believe that they didn't know, or just made a mistake that wasn't caught until it was too late to do anything about it? 

Gluing on the cloak....again...why??

The masked head is a waste because it doesn't go with the rest of the outfit. On THAT outfit, the insignia/symbol is black.

I don't know if I'm going to pick this up or not....its great they're finally giving us the classic Dr. Strange. I just wish they'd given us the correct Dr. Strange,

On 1/10/2022 at 6:56 PM, Atlantis said:

This is the kind of thing that they do that just makes no sense, and try as I might, I can see no reason for it outside of some deliberate act. 

Its not so much that it "ruins" the figure (though what they did to Dormammu, does, to me, ruin it), its that its so very unnecessary. Are we really to believe that they didn't know, or just made a mistake that wasn't caught until it was too late to do anything about it? 

The masked head is a waste because it doesn't go with the rest of the outfit. On THAT outfit, the insignia/symbol is black.

I don't know if I'm going to pick this up or not....its great they're finally giving us the classic Dr. Strange. I just wish they'd given us the correct Dr. Strange,

All fair points. To be honest, when they inevitably re-release this figure a better paint scheme and a few bells and whistles I think my opinion of this guy will sour a bit.

bad enough a good portion of MCU collection had to be bought multiple times to correct an earlier release or improve one, if they start double dipping on comic figures I’ll have no choice but to become more discerning with buying figures that will obviously get a better one down the road

On 1/10/2022 at 7:50 PM, McHogan said:

All fair points. To be honest, when they inevitably re-release this figure a better paint scheme and a few bells and whistles I think my opinion of this guy will sour a bit.

bad enough a good portion of MCU collection had to be bought multiple times to correct an earlier release or improve one, if they start double dipping on comic figures I’ll have no choice but to become more discerning with buying figures that will obviously get a better one down the road

This is why I'm skeptical about the upcoming Siryn; if she doesn't ship with a screaming head (and inevitably 37 hands, so they can say they gave us accessories), then I'm going to pass on it.

I'll just wait and buy the inevitable re-release. This is getting a little too common for my liking.

On 1/10/2022 at 5:56 PM, Atlantis said:

Ahh I didn’t see this from before but yes we definitely share the same frustration hah

• 1 month later...
On 3/8/2022 at 10:38 AM, Jormungand said:

Does anyone know if this is supposed to hit store shelves also? I ordered mine online, but just curious.

Dan said it's an online exclusive. That could change but I wouldn't wait for it.

In the meantime: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Marvel-Legends-Doctor-Strange-Classic-Comics-Action-Figure-Walmart-Exclusive/149505613?athbdg=L1100

On 3/8/2022 at 9:43 AM, RyanDaly said:

Dan said it's an online exclusive. That could change but I wouldn't wait for it.

In the meantime: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Marvel-Legends-Doctor-Strange-Classic-Comics-Action-Figure-Walmart-Exclusive/149505613?athbdg=L1100

Thanks much.

I just ordered mine yesterday afternoon and it I already got it this morning.. WOW. If I have to pay $6 to get my stuff that fast, that would be worth it altho it is kind of fun to order something and forget about it for a nice surprise haha. 

On 3/8/2022 at 6:36 PM, GrtWhiteCustoms said:

Just ordered him!! Can't wait to add him to my Defenders shelf!! We need a Gargoyle Devil Slayer and Hellstorm!! 

Amen to that! I love those old Defenders characters, and the D have their own shelf in my display, but it is a little short of figures. While I'm feeling good we may get gargoyle - he is part of a big story arc in Iron Man currently. Although they have made him a lot bigger and taller now. As far as the other two, would love them also, but at least two name changes and one pentagram would need to disappear with family friendly Hasbro. But don't give up hope, they did give us a MCU Surtur.