Best case ratios

Hogun

A couple of months ago, I tackled Hasbro's biggest blunders when it came to case ratios with their Marvel Legends. Now, let us talk about the best case ratios Hasbro has ever made. Now, we are only talking about the regular Marvel Legend release. So, no standalone figures or Vintage cards. Also, these are not necessarily figures that YOU wanted double-packed, but figures which from both a collectors' and casual consumer perspective satisfies both ends. Let's see what Hasbro has (rarely done right with which figures to double-pack)

In my opinion, the best double-pack Hasbro has ever done in my opinion is double-packing Dr. doom and The Thing in the Fantastic Four Super Skrull wave. Let's be real, there was no way these 2 would not be double-packed. The Walgreens exclusive Thing was such a hot commodity in the aftermarket. Hasbro needed to release a regular version available to the general public ASAP. While I do own the Walgreens version, there is no doubt that Thing figure would have made my top 10 list of figures in 2020 if I did not own the Walgreens exclusive. Dr. Doom was a much request from fans and double-packing him over any other member of the Fantastic Four was the smart thing to do. Especially since people who already own the Walgreens exclusive set can just buy him and be satisfied. There was no way this Dr. Doom would be a pegwarmer in store shelves. It's a testament of time that almost nobody wants the vintage collection Dr. Doom and prefer the regular release of the figure.

Another no-brainer on Hasbro's part was double-packing the movie Venom and Absolute Carnage from the Venompool wave. Both have brand-new bodies and sculpt. Tom Hardy Venom was a much requested figure and he does not disappoint. It stands massively tall compared to other figures from the wave and has the much loved double torso articulation. Absolute Carnage was a bit of a curveball for some of us. Since we already had the very good Monster Venom wave Carnage, but the new sculpted veins just makes this Carnage figure a whole lot better than the standard Bucky cap mold.

I am not going to hold Hasbro accountable for double-packing Gambit over Beast in the Caliban wave. While Beast was obviously the clear cut choice. Gambit is in my opinion the second best option. So, if they were not going to double-pack Beast than double-pack Gambit.

Double-packing Golden Jaguar Erik Killmonger in the first Black Panther wave was questionable at first. As you had better options. Basically any other figure besides Nakia would have been a solid choice to go with T'Challa. Hasbro must have foreseen something special in him as he was double-packed with Black Panther. 2 figures who look almost identical. That is going to warm pegs. We were wrong. That Erik Killmonger is far more superior than the initial Black Panther movie Black Panther figure. First of all, no 'man bra' and second of all, that Black Panther figure looks blocky with those butterfly joints versus Erik Killmonger's more natural design.

The reverse could be said for the M'Baku wave as military Killmonger was a clear cut choice. We had Ulysses Klaue in that same wave. But Hasbro decided to double-pack what is essentially the same figure with purple highlights and a new head. Surprisingly, I thought that figure was a much better improvement over the original release. Maybe it is just the purple paint distracting me from the 'man-bra' but I must applaud Hasbro for making that figure work for me with just a mere added highlights.

I actually think Hasbro does a pretty decent attempt at giving us "best" case ratios, while certainly not always on the mark, they try to speculate with good reasoning the most popular characters in each wave, and it makes sense generally from a sales standpoint, but rarely from a collector stand point and we know why, we all can say one of their best bets was double packing doom and thing (super skrull wave), double packing tiger stripe wolvie (apocalypse wave), double  packing netflix pun and dd (man-thing wave) or scarlet spider (rhino wave), nightcrawler (windigo), those are a few that come to mind.