Marvel Legends Retro Collection Loki And Falcon Figures Official Images And Info

JayC

Hasbro showed these off last week during their live-stream and now the Marvel Legends Retro Collection Loki And Falcon figures are available for pre-order at places like our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com. Loki is listed released in December of this year and Falcon in May 2022. Falcon comes with removable wings and Loki has 2 headsculpts and a pair of knives.

Loki-And-Falcon-01.jpg

Loki-And-Falcon-02.jpg

Loki-And-Falcon-03.jpg

Loki-And-Falcon-04.jpg

Loki-And-Falcon-05.jpg

Loki-And-Falcon-06.jpg

Loki-And-Falcon-07.jpg

Loki-And-Falcon-08.jpg

Loki-And-Falcon-09.jpg

Loki-And-Falcon-10.jpg

Loki-And-Falcon-11.jpg

Loki-And-Falcon-12.jpg

Loki-And-Falcon-13.jpg

Loki-And-Falcon-14.jpg

Loki-And-Falcon-15.jpg

Loki-And-Falcon-16.jpg

On 9/21/2021 at 1:20 PM, toycrypt said:

Pass on both of these. With the Falcon I want the open chest costume version. Loki is the same thing that I already have with an extra head that looks like the elder Loki from the Disney series.

Terrifier nice profile picture Toycrypt

On 9/21/2021 at 11:08 AM, cprosp2015 said:

"...If loki was a huge peg warmer and discounted to 12 bucks on amazon...how the heck did Dwight come up with the idea to reissue...."

LOL  good point. I imagine if Loki pegwarmed, it was due to the hope that collectors are waiting for a more accurate body to come out. Its a good figure, just too big (buff) for Loki (although there are a number of depictions of him by various artists where that buck is fairly accurate). If they were gonna serve up a leftover though, adding some effects, a snarling head, and maybe molding on chain mail instead of just deco plus adding a cloak, would have gone a long way.

Both of these are pretty lazy releases since Falcon is a slightly different paint app and Loki includes knives and a new head. I'll get the Falcon because he's one of my favorite characters but I have the original Loki and definitely don't need this one.

On 9/21/2021 at 2:04 PM, Gigantor said:

I'll wait till they finally do his most iconic & classic version along with Redwing.

lhnVHah.jpg

That would be considered and accessory and since he already comes with wings, no way we can have Redwing since it would hurt Hasbro's profit margin. Lord knows we can't have that.

On 9/21/2021 at 4:41 PM, Fyrefly21 said:

I'm still confused by this. Both of these figures were widely available a few months ago still for half price, and none of the minor changes or accessories added here seem worth double dipping for unless you just really want a carded retro set. Easy pass for me.

Now you can get a Loki with a painted-on chainmail that should have been sculpted... twice!

On 9/21/2021 at 1:04 PM, Gigantor said:

I'll wait till they finally do his most iconic & classic version along with Redwing.

lhnVHah.jpg

Yes...This!! That's the definitive costume to me. I still have my old Toy Biz one with Redwing displayed and there he will stay until this version is redone. 

On 9/21/2021 at 11:43 AM, sentinelofliberty41 said:

"...That would be considered and accessory and since he already comes with wings, no way we can have Redwing since it would hurt Hasbro's profit margin. Lord knows we can't have that...."

Oh I don't see any evidence for that. Shang-Chi came with 2 nunchuks and what, 4 sets of hands??  Way back, Chameleon had 3 weapons, 3 different heads. Dr. Strange is going to have effects, an axe, a wand and hands. Katy had a bow & arrow, a quiver, hands and a di jang creature. No good reason not to have Redwing.

On 9/21/2021 at 4:05 PM, MODADDYDODOK said:

Just *not* into this buck for Loki. Too buff and feet are wrong, for me. But the one thing I do like better are the greens & yellows… looks more like what Vision shoulda got.

Yeah, when I think classic Loki, I think more in line with the Pizza Spidey mold. Even Sunfire seems like a better compromise. This mold has always seemed too much for my taste.

If they really wanted to go again with that Classic loki they could reuse Namor speedos with Chain Mail and sculpt it on torso, now that would have been legit reason to get this figure, seeing painted on detail for gloves boots and costume lines is fine but it's not ok  for something that is supposed to be three dimensional like chain mail. And speaking of Shang Chi, retro line could really use his comic book version with additional head and hand bands.

Easy easy pass on both of these, already have that Loki and I hardly like it, and already have the Falcon that I think looks better, these two releases are weird to me, that Loki was pegwarming super hard, probably even still is, and that Falcon isn't even like more then 6 months old, and kinda probably not hard to find.

only thing is I like that Neutral Loki heads so much better then the stupid grin head.

On 9/21/2021 at 4:01 PM, Atlantis said:

Oh I don't see any evidence for that. Shang-Chi came with 2 nunchuks and what, 4 sets of hands??  Way back, Chameleon had 3 weapons, 3 different heads. Dr. Strange is going to have effects, an axe, a wand and hands. Katy had a bow & arrow, a quiver, hands and a di jang creature. No good reason not to have Redwing.

I just don't see Hasbro being that "giving" if you will. I'd be happy to be proved wrong but as much plastic as we get between the figure and the wings I just don't see it happening.