Marvel Legends Retro Collection Loki And Falcon Figures Official Images And Info

JayC

On 9/21/2021 at 4:01 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Easy easy pass on both of these, already have that Loki and I hardly like it, and already have the Falcon that I think looks better, these two releases are weird to me, that Loki was pegwarming super hard, probably even still is, and that Falcon isn't even like more then 6 months old, and kinda probably not hard to find.

only thing is I like that Neutral Loki heads so much better then the stupid grin head.

It's not particularly weird. Given the mention of Scarlet Witch and Vision on the Amazon listing it's very clear this whole wave (of sorts) is a low cost attempt to cash in on the popularity of the Disney+ shows. 

On 9/21/2021 at 9:09 PM, watanabefan said:

It's not particularly weird. Given the mention of Scarlet Witch and Vision on the Amazon listing it's very clear this whole wave (of sorts) is a low cost attempt to cash in on the popularity of the Disney+ shows. 

Yeah I get that it seems they are trying to give us some D+ show characters in classic(ish) outfits on retro card backs (they sell), but it still seemed weird even with it's tie in to the whole current popularity of those characters, but hey they are throwing darts at the board, I actually had no idea Vision and Scarlet Witch were listed as coming out in the vintage card backs, that's kinda exciting, I'd like to see a classic colors version of the family matters 3 pack Wanda for sure, I'd probably be a sucker and buy that.

On 9/21/2021 at 11:30 PM, Legender said:

I think this Loki is an experiment to see if they can sell ANYTHING as far is "retrocarded", come on, that was a Peg Warmer even including a BAF! 

The Falcon is very welcome outside of US, that wave I think was almost US and HK exclusive.

that Fixit wave was hard to get internationally? , if you want I have Falcon NIB.

On 9/22/2021 at 4:30 AM, Legender said:

I think this Loki is an experiment to see if they can sell ANYTHING as far is "retrocarded", come on, that was a Peg Warmer even including a BAF! 

The Falcon is very welcome outside of US, that wave I think was almost US and HK exclusive.

I think both are experiments.

On 9/22/2021 at 6:48 AM, RyanDaly said:

Who says we're getting Scarlet Witch and Vision the retro cards? We already got Vision on the retro card in wave 2. Is this the white Vision from when John Byrne ruined the character?

The Amazon page mentions them as if they were part of a wave with these two.

That seems the most likely; probably a single pack release of the Amazon 3 pack Wanda with some new paint and the old Target white Vision to tie into the show. Although something more extensive for him would be nice considering how brittle the Target figure was.

On 9/21/2021 at 4:01 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Easy easy pass on both of these, already have that Loki and I hardly like it, and already have the Falcon that I think looks better, these two releases are weird to me, that Loki was pegwarming super hard, probably even still is, and that Falcon isn't even like more then 6 months old, and kinda probably not hard to find.

only thing is I like that Neutral Loki heads so much better then the stupid grin head.

Yo theres a new Comic Vision on the way?......Nice 

On 9/22/2021 at 6:48 AM, RyanDaly said:

Who says we're getting Scarlet Witch and Vision the retro cards? We already got Vision on the retro card in wave 2. Is this the white Vision from when John Byrne ruined the character?

The white vision was shocking at first I agree. I did come to really like that version during his WCA run.

To me the real thing Byrne ruined was Scarlet a Witch. Well, to be fair his having her turn bad only lasted a few issues but it did plant the seeds for Bendis to finish the job. 

On 9/22/2021 at 6:59 AM, Fyrefly21 said:

The Amazon page mentions them as if they were part of a wave with these two.

That seems the most likely; probably a single pack release of the Amazon 3 pack Wanda with some new paint and the old Target white Vision to tie into the show. Although something more extensive for him would be nice considering how brittle the Target figure was.

He was very brittle! Someone remarked that the translucent figures typically were. I bought the white Vision three times because the hip joint cracked off twice before. The last time I just superglued him back together, figuring the hazy ness of the glue wouldn’t be very noticeable on the visions paint scheme. 

Never liked that particular attempt anyway. I’d rather he had been a flat white. Be cool if he does get updated

Wanda as well. That 3 pack figure with classic colors? Hell yes

On 9/22/2021 at 10:37 PM, BlameitonLoren said:

Yo theres a new Comic Vision on the way?......Nice 

Apparently it's so, I was alerted to this by someone else here, but in the Amazon details, it says at the bottom that this assortment includes a vision and scarlet witch, which means yes, because well it seems this lil program of vintage carded figures are based on the D+ characters

https://www.amazon.com/Marvel-Legends-6-inch-Packaging-Accessories/dp/B0957ZD7XT/ref=sr_1_6?dchild=1&keywords=Marvel+Legends+Loki&qid=1632368913&sr=8-6

section reads :

MARVEL UNIVERSE IN 6-INCH SCALE: Look for other Marvel Legends action figures inspired by Marvel Comics, including The Vision, Scarlet Witch, and Marvel’s Falcon! (Additional figures each sold separately. Subject to availability.)

On 9/22/2021 at 6:43 PM, McHogan said:

"...The white vision was shocking at first I agree....To me the real thing Byrne ruined was Scarlet a Witch...."

Byrne is unquestionably a great comic artist and his writing on the Fantastic Four was stellar (though I didn't care at all for the Alicia/Johnny nonsense) but he plainly had no understanding of the Vision. Byrne insisted seeing him as a "toaster", just ignoring all the events about him going back to his first appearance. Even though the Vision was eventually "restored" the damage on how he's been perceived, by more than a few writers from then on, had been done. 

The white/clear Vision figure was indeed brittle; not sure what process they used because none of the other translucent figures they made broke like that. I wouldnt mind if they took another crack (no pun intended) at it, but really want them to get his classic figure out for once.

On 9/23/2021 at 5:06 AM, Atlantis said:

Byrne is unquestionably a great comic artist and his writing on the Fantastic Four was stellar (though I didn't care at all for the Alicia/Johnny nonsense) but he plainly had no understanding of the Vision. Byrne insisted seeing him as a "toaster", just ignoring all the events about him going back to his first appearance. Even though the Vision was eventually "restored" the damage on how he's been perceived, by more than a few writers from then on, had been done. 

The white/clear Vision figure was indeed brittle; not sure what process they used because none of the other translucent figures they made broke like that. I wouldnt mind if they took another crack (no pun intended) at it, but really want them to get his classic figure out for once.

It is not that he didn't have an understanding of the Vision, he just hated the romance between Wanda and Vision and solely put them on the WCA full time so he could destroy their marriage. I like Byrne as an artist but I hate him as a writer. 

On 9/22/2021 at 11:51 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Apparently it's so, I was alerted to this by someone else here, but in the Amazon details, it says at the bottom that this assortment includes a vision and scarlet witch, which means yes, because well it seems this lil program of vintage carded figures are based on the D+ characters

https://www.amazon.com/Marvel-Legends-6-inch-Packaging-Accessories/dp/B0957ZD7XT/ref=sr_1_6?dchild=1&keywords=Marvel+Legends+Loki&qid=1632368913&sr=8-6

section reads :

MARVEL UNIVERSE IN 6-INCH SCALE: Look for other Marvel Legends action figures inspired by Marvel Comics, including The Vision, Scarlet Witch, and Marvel’s Falcon! (Additional figures each sold separately. Subject to availability.)

Good news indeed. Wonder if Amazon didn’t inadvertently spoil a future release for Hasbro? Whoops

im thinking if Scarlet Witch is on a retro card, it’s got to be the 3 pack version in classic colors. That one would have been perfect if the colors they chose where accurate in that box set 

For the Vision, I’d love a white redo. But which body would they use? The previous retro classic Vision was on the smaller size but since it IS the Vision, would they use the same body? 

Be nice to get Jim Hammond Human Torch in a Avengers retro figure too

On 9/22/2021 at 11:51 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Hmmm...

We may be jumping to conclusions here. This description doesn't say they're all part of a wave, just that those are available figures. It also says nothing about the other figures being packaged on the retro cardback. I agree this is definitely marketing to fans of the Disney+ shows who might be looking for toys of those characters, but the product description could be referring to the Disney+ WandaVision versions of Wanda and Vision. Granted, the "inspired by Marvel Comics" would suggest they're comic figures, but I wouldn't hold that as a sure thing until we get more info. 

On 9/23/2021 at 2:02 PM, RyanDaly said:

Hmmm...

We may be jumping to conclusions here. This description doesn't say they're all part of a wave, just that those are available figures. It also says nothing about the other figures being packaged on the retro cardback. I agree this is definitely marketing to fans of the Disney+ shows who might be looking for toys of those characters, but the product description could be referring to the Disney+ WandaVision versions of Wanda and Vision. Granted, the "inspired by Marvel Comics" would suggest they're comic figures, but I wouldn't hold that as a sure thing until we get more info. 

Yeah but the last time this happened, with the Cyborg Spider-Man (?) they mentioned Negative Zone Spiderman in the notes, and yes he came out, it happened with the Rogue and Gambit retro figures as well.

On 9/23/2021 at 2:45 PM, RyanDaly said:

Also, apropos nothing, Dan tweeted yesterday that there won't be any more official Legends reveals in September.

Yeah but there will certainly be a sack of reveals coming at the end of October, are lil minds are already exploding (at least mine is) with all of the new releases lumped on top of each other I swear I'm going to get like 15 things by the second week of October already 😔

people are saying the No Way Home wave is preparing to ship from EE already, wowzers, so that means October 1st will be AOA2, What If, Eternals, Tigra, Binary, and Spider-Man...😬